Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 25, 2010 9:52 PM

Sep 2009
kindergraph said:
i don't see why anyone thinks this is a big deal.

i've never used onemanga or mangafox or any site like it, i just...download from the scanlators. the scans are higher quality and more readable, and not covered in jpeg grit.

it'd be like complaining if crunchyroll got shut down. who cares?

Ease of usage.

"Streaming" manga is a lot simpler then downloading it, and unlike streaming anime the quality is something that isn't noticeable to anyone but the most hardcore buff. Seing as how tis black and white and all.
Jul 25, 2010 10:08 PM

Aug 2009
So... where do we read manga now???

T_T
Jul 25, 2010 10:58 PM

Oct 2009
Google
*insert title here* read online
Enter
Jul 25, 2010 11:03 PM

Mar 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please don't let Manga Fox be next... or my last source of manga will be gone! My brother threw all my manga in the trash... T.T
Jul 25, 2010 11:23 PM
Feb 2009
While i am sad onemanga is taking off all their manga i think i am more upset at all the people on here who think that because they can't or won't buy the actual books that it is perfectly fine to get it for free illegally
Jul 26, 2010 12:40 AM

Oct 2007
Black_Rose1809 said:

Please don't let Manga Fox be next... or my last source of manga will be gone! My brother threw all my manga in the trash... T.T

WTH? Why would your brother do that? Its like throwing away money you spend on.

kindergraph said:
i don't see why anyone thinks this is a big deal.

i've never used onemanga or mangafox or any site like it, i just...download from the scanlators. the scans are higher quality and more readable, and not covered in jpeg grit.

it'd be like complaining if crunchyroll got shut down. who cares?

1. Some scanlators links to download maybe be dead or remove.
2. To save space on computer, although they can download it and put on the CD.

But yeah the quality to is good.
KuroTsuki14Jul 26, 2010 12:44 AM
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Jul 26, 2010 1:09 AM

Feb 2008
RIP OneManga :(
Jul 26, 2010 6:46 AM

Jul 2010
Nia9001 said:
Google
Enter

Not every site is safe though >.<

Jul 26, 2010 8:39 AM

Sep 2009
Nacchi said:
Nia9001 said:
Google
Enter

Not every site is safe though >.<

Download AVG or AVAST, or Avira.
Downlown Google Chrome of Firefox.
Download Malwarebytes Anti Malware software.

Go to Google
-insert title- online
Enter
Find manga.
Enjoy.
If sensing problem run scans from new anti virus / MAM
Jul 26, 2010 9:05 AM

Jul 2009
Poor OM. It was such a good site too. Not that great of a selection as others maybe, but I good site none the less.
Jul 26, 2010 11:56 AM

Aug 2007
Nacchi said:
Eh, some people prefer to just read rather than download. My friend's computer is old and slow, so she can't download and Mangafox makes it worse, so OM was a big deal. So I guess it could be bad for people in that situation.

She can't even use IRC?

Black_Rose1809 said:

Wtf? What an asshole. You can get manga off of irc or a site like mangatraders.
Jul 26, 2010 1:39 PM
Feb 2010
So what will happen to 1000manga since it's connected to OM?
Goodbye, Fullmetal Alchemist
Jul 26, 2010 2:10 PM

Aug 2007
TheStarEffect said:
So what will happen to 1000manga since it's connected to OM?

They said it's shutting down too.
Jul 26, 2010 9:01 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I abandoned OneManga several months ago (I think), and switched over to MangaToshokan. When they dropped all Japanese series, I went download-only for most stuff. There's one big download site, it should be fairly easy to find. And they should be around for a while, since their terms-of-use basically say they 'don't know' whats on their website (since it's dl-only they can say that).
If that goes down, I'll head to IRC. I only use it now because they have an RSS feed for each series.

Sabinlerose said:
Ripper said:
the internet is already in the real world get used to it, and i don´t have facebook, hi5 or some other shitty social thing. and i guess you never tried to buy manga 10 years ago.

I still have some kickass gundam and dragon ball Z manga from when was like 9 or 10.
And I live in a small town that has no giant outlets of any type.

So your example is a clear fail.
Fail harder.

So, because you were able to buy volumes from two incredibly popular series that were brought to the US ten years ago because they would appeal to Western audiences just as well, means that you could buy manga just as easily back then as you can now.
Fail harder.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Jul 26, 2010 9:25 PM

Aug 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Well, I abandoned OneManga several months ago (I think), and switched over to MangaToshokan. When they dropped all Japanese series, I went download-only for most stuff. There's one big download site, it should be fairly easy to find. And they should be around for a while, since their terms-of-use basically say they 'don't know' whats on their website (since it's dl-only they can say that).
If that goes down, I'll head to IRC. I only use it now because they have an RSS feed for each series.

Sabinlerose said:
Ripper said:
the internet is already in the real world get used to it, and i don´t have facebook, hi5 or some other shitty social thing. and i guess you never tried to buy manga 10 years ago.

I still have some kickass gundam and dragon ball Z manga from when was like 9 or 10.

Fail harder.

So, because you were able to buy volumes from two incredibly popular series that were brought to the US ten years ago because they would appeal to Western audiences just as well, means that you could buy manga just as easily back then as you can now.
Fail harder.

What site is it? Mangatraders?
Jul 26, 2010 10:48 PM

Jun 2010
eh I know they are taking the sites down, and I don't know how this works, but after a bit of server trouble Manga Fox is working fine for me again...
Jul 26, 2010 11:17 PM

Jan 2010
I swear to you publishers. This ain't the end you fuckers. We're all gonna migrate and migrate and continue reading manga online. And we still ain't buying your overpriced, censored, and shitty translated bulllshit.
Jul 27, 2010 12:14 AM

Sep 2009
d4n13lr0x said:
I swear to you publishers. This ain't the end you fuckers. We're all gonna migrate and migrate and continue reading manga online. And we still ain't buying your overpriced, censored, and shitty translated bulllshit.
Please tell me you are joking man.
Way to buy into the propaganda.

OneManga makes money. That is the reason they are getting strong armed.

Go find a few not for profit manga hosting sites. Those wont get targeted by this so called 'crusade" that the onemanga team is trying to paint.
Jul 27, 2010 12:16 AM

Sep 2009
JadeMatrix said:

Sabinlerose said:
Ripper said:

Fail harder.

Fail harder.

Please read the entire conversation?

My point stands. I was able to purchase manga years ago.
He is saying the only reason we can purchase manga now is because of Scanilations, and that it was impossible to find any manga back then.
Both relativly untrue statements.
Sure scanilation groups helped.
But the companies who marketed the manga, and the anime are the ones who made manga popular.
Jul 27, 2010 8:08 AM

Jan 2009
Sabinlerose said:
But the companies who marketed the manga, and the anime are the ones who made manga popular.

maybe so, but i think the western anime/manga industry is ready to die.

if funimation and every other anime/manga import company tanked today, what difference would it make? no more dubbed anime on tv? we're not in the 90s any more. almost all anime fans watch/read fan translations now anyway. hell, say what you will about overdone karaoke effects, but most fansubs i've seen have more effort put into the translation than professional dvd releases (not that this is true for all of them, but most of nozomi's dvds read like they were translated by babelfish).

the western anime industry helped popularise anime, i guess, but we really don't need help doing that any more. the internet exists, you guys. all funimation and companies like them are doing now are creating pseudo-celebrities (e.g. vic mignogna) and preying on download sites.

anime/manga licensers are suffering from the same disease as the riaa/mpaa. they're dinosaurs. we don't need them any more.

e: can't believe i forgot to add this, so i don't seem like some kind of "piracy is hardcore, screw the man!" douchebag. if you want to support a series, buy merchandise. import toys and keychains; hell, buy one of those creepy figurines. yeah, it's expensive. that's what having a hobby is about. (besides, how many series are actually worth paying for anyway? i want my money back for tayutama -kiss on my deity- and i didn't even pay for it.)
kindergraphJul 27, 2010 8:20 AM
Jul 27, 2010 9:36 AM

Mar 2009
QwaserRailgun said:
*sniff sinff* This is just too cruel. T^T

T__T
Jul 27, 2010 10:22 AM

Feb 2010
your MUST be jokeing O_O
agh....you gotta be kidding me......no way....just no way
i wanna kill my self now , bad day i have =_=
Jul 27, 2010 11:49 AM

Jan 2010
Sabinlerose said:
d4n13lr0x said:

Go find a few not for profit manga hosting sites. Those wont get targeted by this so called 'crusade" that the onemanga team is trying to paint.

So what? They host manga up to date to the very latest issue from reliable scanlators, create a very simple interface that even a 7 year old can use, and has no popups, etc. Simple, easy, efficient, and the least time consuming-they even removed ads that slowed down loading of the page. It ain't a crusade they're trying to paint.. I bet the OM staff doesn't even get any money. It all goes to the website owner, who also would pay for the bandwidth of its daily 1 million visitors. I bet the ads on the site first started because they wanted it to pay for the site's fees, not to generate any profit. If they wanted to do that, they could simply make people pay to view. The thing is, the site doesn't even generate money from manga. It generates money from the adsense profits it gets that aren't even obtrusive when viewing manga. So let me get this straight. Publishers shut down OM because they were generating money, not from something like manga, but from Adsense, an independent source of profit that's from website traffic? That's fucking bullshit. That means it's not because it hosts manga, but because it makes money off the ads of the site. It seems like they're using the fact that it has manga to say C&D because they're making a little money off the side. Jealous of competition from a website? Really? Not for the profit of manga hosting sites? Have you ever heard of the infamous Tazmo? Publishers are complete dumbasses. Go after that fucker before you touch any more manga hosting sites that let you read for free.
neverLampJul 27, 2010 11:54 AM
Jul 27, 2010 8:04 PM

Aug 2008
d4n13lr0x said:
...it makes money off the ads of the site.
This seems to be the point a lot of people are missing. Money from ads =/= money from selling scanlations. The amount of money ads generate is very small, since typically the site only gets paid per-click. Selling scanlations puts money in the pocket of the scanlator; putting up ads helps to defray the costs of the server.

Jul 28, 2010 1:34 AM

Sep 2009
d4n13lr0x said:
Sabinlerose said:
d4n13lr0x said:

So what? They host manga up to date to the very latest issue from reliable scanlators, create a very simple interface that even a 7 year old can use, and has no popups, etc. Simple, easy, efficient, and the least time consuming-they even removed ads that slowed down loading of the page. It ain't a crusade they're trying to paint.. I bet the OM staff doesn't even get any money. It all goes to the website owner, who also would pay for the bandwidth of its daily 1 million visitors. I bet the ads on the site first started because they wanted it to pay for the site's fees, not to generate any profit. If they wanted to do that, they could simply make people pay to view. The thing is, the site doesn't even generate money from manga. It generates money from the adsense profits it gets that aren't even obtrusive when viewing manga. So let me get this straight. Publishers shut down OM because they were generating money, not from something like manga, but from Adsense, an independent source of profit that's from website traffic? That's fucking bullshit. That means it's not because it hosts manga, but because it makes money off the ads of the site. It seems like they're using the fact that it has manga to say C&D because they're making a little money off the side. Jealous of competition from a website? Really? Not for the profit of manga hosting sites? Have you ever heard of the infamous Tazmo? Publishers are complete dumbasses. Go after that fucker before you touch any more manga hosting sites that let you read for free.

If they didn't make money they would not own a website of that size / a website that takes up that amount of time and resources.
End of story.
Jul 28, 2010 3:27 AM

Aug 2007
Sabinlerose said:
d4n13lr0x said:
Sabinlerose said:
d4n13lr0x said:

If they didn't make money they would not own a website of that size / a website that takes up that amount of time and resources.
End of story.

I see you failed to read post #232.
Jul 28, 2010 5:10 AM

Feb 2010
As long as I SOMEHOW get my fix of Liar Game I don't really care. I also attempted to buy it but it's not available so I have to go for scanlations.

@general debate: Idk :D
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 28, 2010 8:56 AM

Jan 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
As long as I SOMEHOW get my fix of Liar Game I don't really care. I also attempted to buy it but it's not available so I have to go for scanlations.

@general debate: Idk :D

Yeah, probably the majority of the people reading manga: as long as I get my manga somehow, Idc how this turns out. Me too, but the question is how much the manga industry is willing to kill itself until it starts to fix itself.
Jul 28, 2010 4:19 PM

Aug 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Sabinlerose said:
End of story.
I think that he's under the impression that any transfer of money from any party to another involving scanlations is wrong. So basically, no sense in trying to reason.

Jul 28, 2010 4:46 PM

Aug 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Sabinlerose said:
End of story.
I think that he's under the impression that any transfer of money from any party to another involving scanlations is wrong. So basically, no sense in trying to reason.

If that's the case then I wonder if he's against people who run say a ROM site that has ads.
Jul 28, 2010 7:19 PM

Nov 2009
lol good thing that crappy online reading site is down. I mean, there are a lot of online reading sites 10000000x better than OM. Like MT for instance. They were the best :')

anyway, the goal was to close down ALL reading sites and build a new one called www.openmanga.org the site is approved by publishers. You can even get intouch with the authors themselves! I dunno what's the catch though.
Sorry, Image unavailable. Only awesome people can see it.
Jul 29, 2010 9:47 AM

Jan 2010
hazama said:
lol good thing that crappy online reading site is down. I mean, there are a lot of online reading sites 10000000x better than OM. Like MT for instance. They were the best :')

anyway, the goal was to close down ALL reading sites and build a new one called http://www.openmanga.org the site is approved by publishers. You can even get intouch with the authors themselves! I dunno what's the catch though.

Lawl.. crappy? Oh, so I guess more than 1 million people daily went to that site for "crappy" manga. I c.
Jul 29, 2010 10:47 AM

Feb 2009
LuciferTheAngel said:
your MUST be jokeing O_O
agh....you gotta be kidding me......no way....just no way
i wanna kill my self now , bad day i have =_=

mm, go ahead...
Jul 29, 2010 4:35 PM

Jan 2010
Knife said:
d4n13lr0x said:
hazama said:

Lawl.. crappy? Oh, so I guess more than 1 million people daily went to that site for "crappy" manga.

A lot of people have Bleach and Naruto as their favorite anime, so it's pretty obvious that a lot of people like crap. Popularity does not equal quality.

Simply because you hate it, doesn't mean you have to piss on it. Personally, I don't think Bleach and Naruto are the best mangas in the world, simply because of how dragged out some plots get, but that doesn't mean it sucks overall. It's all opinion, and frankly, yours is just different from the majority. Popularity does not indeed equal quality. But what quality is differs from individual to individual.
neverLampJul 29, 2010 4:39 PM
Jul 29, 2010 8:01 PM

Sep 2008
Direct Downloads are still far better than those IMO, but who am I to criticize since OM was my starting point too.

Sad to see them get chained.
Jul 30, 2010 5:09 PM

Aug 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
JadeMatrix said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Sabinlerose said:
End of story.

If that's the case then I wonder if he's against people who run say a ROM site that has ads.
I would accuse him of downloading from scanlators' sites that have adds, but looking at his list he may very well buy all his manga & anime (too lazy to check to see how many of the two dozen manga series he's read are licensed).

Jul 30, 2010 11:42 PM

Sep 2009
What the fuck are you guys going off about?
Seriously. What in the seven circles of hell....

I make a comment about how One Manga making large sums of money is one of the reasons it was shut down...and how ad revanue among other things makes the creator of the site a LOT of money....which apparently means im against websites making a profit, or ads or any sites giving them....How the hell...what is this...I dont't even.......the cake it...is a lie.....?

Next time can you please read what I WRITE not to be confused with what YOU THINK I'm saying with.

EDIT for the record: I don't oppose adcents. Like you seem to think I do.
I just don't support using the profits for your own personal gain.
Bet you didn't know the owner of Onemanga tried to sell his site for a few million dollars awhile back. In it for the profits....speaks for itself.
SabinleroseJul 31, 2010 12:00 AM
Jul 30, 2010 11:47 PM

Sep 2009
kindergraph said:
Sabinlerose said:

maybe so, but i think the western anime/manga industry is ready to die.

if funimation and every other anime/manga import company tanked today, what difference would it make? no more dubbed anime on tv? we're not in the 90s any more. almost all anime fans watch/read fan translations now anyway. hell, say what you will about overdone karaoke effects, but most fansubs i've seen have more effort put into the translation than professional dvd releases (not that this is true for all of them, but most of nozomi's dvds read like they were translated by babelfish).

the western anime industry helped popularise anime, i guess, but we really don't need help doing that any more. the internet exists, you guys. all funimation and companies like them are doing now are creating pseudo-celebrities (e.g. vic mignogna) and preying on download sites.

anime/manga licensers are suffering from the same disease as the riaa/mpaa. they're dinosaurs. we don't need them any more.

e: can't believe i forgot to add this, so i don't seem like some kind of "piracy is hardcore, screw the man!" douchebag. if you want to support a series, buy merchandise. import toys and keychains; hell, buy one of those creepy figurines. yeah, it's expensive. that's what having a hobby is about. (besides, how many series are actually worth paying for anyway? i want my money back for tayutama -kiss on my deity- and i didn't even pay for it.)

It would be the complete and utter crash of Western Anime culture as we know it.
Aka, otakus, subophiles, and a small portion of others would be all that remains.

New blood wouldn't be introduced. Thus slowly making scanilation groups less and less prominent.

Sure it wouldn't die. But it would sure as hell never be the same again.
Jul 30, 2010 11:57 PM

Sep 2009
d4n13lr0x said:

1) The thing is, the site doesn't even generate money from manga. It generates money from the adsense profits it gets that aren't even obtrusive when viewing manga.

2) Publishers shut down OM because they were generating money, not from something like manga, but from Adsense, an independent source of profit that's from website traffic?

3) That means it's not because it hosts manga, but because it makes money off the ads of the site.

4) It seems like they're using the fact that it has manga to say C&D because they're making a little money off the side.

I don't know HOW I missed this part...but um. Wow.
I just....have no idea how to express my disbelief at how much of a fantasy world you are living in.

1) It's the same thing. I don't know how you can possibly think they aren't. Adcents is effective because of the content. Whatever the content is. It makes you money, because people view said content.

2) I...I...I....WHAT!? THE TRAFIC COMES FROM THE MANGA. HOLY HELL.

3) ...If it didn't host manga...it wouldn't get millions of hits....so...um.....yaaaaaaaa

4) Money off content that doesn't belong to them.....ya. Thats illegal.
Jul 31, 2010 12:58 PM

Aug 2007
Sabinlerose said:

I make a comment about how One Manga making large sums of money is one of the reasons it was shut down...and how ad revanue among other things makes the creator of the site a LOT of money....which apparently means im against websites making a profit, or ads or any sites giving them....How the hell...what is this...I dont't even.......the cake it...is a lie.....?

Next time can you please read what I WRITE not to be confused with what YOU THINK I'm saying with.

Bet you didn't know the owner of Onemanga tried to sell his site for a few million dollars awhile back. In it for the profits....speaks for itself.

Learn to read. We said that he didn't make any money because all money generated from ads went back into the site. You honestly don't know what you are talking about. Billion of viewers = shitloads of bandwith cost.
Jul 31, 2010 6:08 PM

Sep 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
Sabinlerose said:

Learn to read. We said that he didn't make any money because all money generated from ads went back into the site. You honestly don't know what you are talking about. Billion of viewers = shitloads of bandwith cost.

I read what you said.
You simply don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Of course it costs money to run a site. But if it cost him any money to run, he wouldn't be running the website. So naturally that means the owner is making a profit.

And when he is trying to sell the site for millions of dollars....well. I think that shows just how much money he actually is making.

Go take a few business courses, or learn about how the internet works before you open your trap again, kay?
Fucking children...
Jul 31, 2010 6:26 PM

Aug 2007
Sabinlerose said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Sabinlerose said:

I read what you said.

Of course it costs money to run a site. But if it cost him any money to run, he wouldn't be running the website. So naturally that means the owner is making a profit.

And when he is trying to sell the site for millions of dollars....well. I think that shows just how much money he actually is making.

Go take a few business courses, or learn about how the internet works before you open your trap again, kay?
Fucking children...

You're the one who is the idiot here. If somebody has so many viewers then they do not make profit. They in fact could even lose money if people have adblock or some such plugin. There's a reason why Lurk's servers are down. They were late on a payment because donations were not enough to keep it running. Every single coin they get goes into the servers. If something evens out then there is no need to close down a website.
Jul 31, 2010 6:27 PM
Nov 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

You mean millions, right? Millions of daily browsers means potentially tens of thousands of hits (that's ad hits, not site hits), which equates to a lot of ad revenue.

However, none of us know what OneManga's bandwidth situation was. For all we know the site owner was a cheap skate that didn't care for the transfer rates to his web servers, opting to spend as little money as he could. It takes a lot of simultaneous images to equate to 1GB of data, specially if they're low quality JPG images.
no-thanksJul 31, 2010 6:38 PM
Jul 31, 2010 6:34 PM

Sep 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
Sabinlerose said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Sabinlerose said:

I read what you said.

Fucking children...

You're the one who is the idiot here. If somebody has so many viewers then they do not make profit. They in fact could even lose money if people have adblock or some such plugin. There's a reason why Lurk's servers are down. They were late on a payment because donations were not enough to keep it running. Every single coin they get goes into the servers. If something evens out then there is no need to close down a website.

Stop it.
Please go do a few Google searches so you can at least grasp simple concepts!

Your highly overestimating the bandwidth cost, and highly UNDERMINING the revenue from the ads.
Jul 31, 2010 7:16 PM

Jan 2010
Sigh, after everything, when all is said and done, bickering gets nothing accomplished except piss fights. Still doesn't change the fact that before long, if the publishers actually win and accomplish their task, every single person who took the publishers' side won't be able to view/download manga online for free. At least that makes me happy in this time of mass C&D. And if Tazmo doesn't lose his site, I'll lose all respect for them.
Jul 31, 2010 8:57 PM

Sep 2009
d4n13lr0x said:
Sigh, after everything, when all is said and done, bickering gets nothing accomplished except piss fights. Still doesn't change the fact that before long, if the publishers actually win and accomplish their task, every single person who took the publishers' side won't be able to view/download manga online for free. At least that makes me happy in this time of mass C&D. And if Tazmo doesn't lose his site, I'll lose all respect for them.

You are missing the point I was trying to make.

This ISN'T A crusade against online Manga. If it was sites would be dropping like flies. As it is, OneManga isn't dead yet, and Mangafox is still kicking. All the smaller sites and other large sites are running just as well, if not better thanks to the new trafic lost from Onemanga.
Jul 31, 2010 9:06 PM

Mar 2005
Sabinlerose said:

Go find a few not for profit manga hosting sites..

You know.. it's like you're saying that manga-reading websites should not be expanding at all. Once they get popular, "hey stop! you're making money. Shut it down now". Be unpopular or die!

These sites (any online reading sites) generally nowadays will either implement ads or donation system -- either way, they generate some money. Your case is done.
Jul 31, 2010 10:18 PM

Sep 2009
seif said:
Sabinlerose said:

Go find a few not for profit manga hosting sites..

You know.. it's like you're saying that manga-reading websites should not be expanding at all. Once they get popular, "hey stop! you're making money. Shut it down now". Be unpopular or die!

These sites (any online reading sites) generally nowadays will either implement ads or donation system -- either way, they generate some money. Your case is done.

It seems most people here don't know what "not for profit" means.

You still make money. Which you use to keep the company, or in this case the website afloat.
Its when you start raking in money that you are no longer Not for Profit.

EDIT:
A non-profit organization is an organization that does not distribute its surplus funds to owners or shareholders, but instead uses them to help pursue its goals.Examples of NPOs include charities (i.e. charitable organizations), trade unions, and public arts organizations

Websites like Bakabt, a website that only takes in donations to keep itself alive then takes down the donation button after they have enough...Thats not for profit.

A website like OneManga where the owner is making money for personal gain. Thats going to get targeted.
SabinleroseJul 31, 2010 10:26 PM
Jul 31, 2010 10:35 PM
Jun 2010
You talk big for someone who doesn't know squat about the real situation.

Can you prove that the "owners**" of OneManga is making money out their website? Any evidence or reference or statistic?

Do you how much brandwidth and money is required to run a image-hosting website and trying to balance that with Ad-revenue only?

I guess no.

Stop talking about things you have NO INKLING about.

They gave a reliable and FREE service for years and if they did make money out of it, they very well deserved it.
Aug 2, 2010 1:27 PM

Oct 2007
So , considering OM has shut down all manga . Where are we going to read manga online now ?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ranma ½' Gets New Anime Adaptation ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

59 by Phantomnocomics »»
40 minutes ago

» 'Babanbabanban Vampire' Unveils Main Cast, Production Staff, Teaser Promo, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Jun 24

3 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Fuguushoku "Kanteishi" ga Jitsu wa Saikyou Datta' Receives TV Anime in 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

6 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» 'Unnamed Memory' Gets Second Season in Winter 2025

Nioxys - Yesterday

12 by MegamiRem »»
8 hours ago

» 'Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu' Gets Third Season

DatRandomDude - Jun 24

8 by Hartm12 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.