Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2010 4:57 PM

Jul 2009
LOL! I got mad when I saw the RAW. I was like where the fudge is the cake?!
Sigh... maybe tomorrow.

P.S.
What is HTT?
Apr 6, 2010 5:01 PM
Jan 2009
eh brahs

coalguys already released
Apr 6, 2010 5:09 PM

Nov 2007
I personally don't like Yui's singing voice... like OP. lol @ Yui getting into the crowd to see the different classes.

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 6, 2010 5:16 PM

Dec 2009
Kurogashi said:
LOL! I got mad when I saw the RAW. I was like where the fudge is the cake?!
Sigh... maybe tomorrow.

P.S.
What is HTT?

Houkago Tea Time aka After School Tea Time, the name of their band
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2010 5:26 PM

May 2009
Just watched the first ep with CG subs (I was being smart and downloaded the Zero-raws raw from irc + the ass from CoalGuys website, so I didn't have to wait for the CoalGuys release to come down), and it was the same old K-On. Really, nothing has changed, everything is the same. Well, I've only watched the BD-rips of the first season, so the animation looked the same for me too, but it'd be propably a really big improvement for those who have only watched the TV-rips of the first season.

I give it a 4/5, just because they didn't show the concert.
Apr 6, 2010 5:27 PM

Dec 2008
As much as i dislike this show for various reasons, I do miss watching it and glad its back for more tea drinking and cake eatting.
Apr 6, 2010 5:52 PM

Feb 2009
love the ending song. I'm glad theres some K-on back :3 it feels the same as the first season! i'm a little sad they didnt show the concert :(
Apr 6, 2010 6:01 PM

Aug 2009
Impartial Opinion:
even though it is rather slow, it has a similiar feel as the first ep from first season. It's light, humorous and cute - a nice introduction back to the series. Overall it's a pretty good episode

The Op is pretty interesting, so is the ED. Even though neither of them would top the first season (Don't say lazy cannot be topped lol), they are stil well done and teh tunes are catchy.

As an addicted fan:
YESYESYESYESYES SEASON2!!!! OP AND ED ARE AWESOME XDD It's great to keion bu again!! Yui's airheadedness, Ricchan's antics, Mio's shyness, Mugi's snacks and Azunyan's cuteness... Can't wait for more!!

Especially can't wait for a certain school festival play 8)

P.S. Creepy animal costumes ftw lolololol

Apr 6, 2010 6:02 PM

Nov 2008
The war has finally waged on.

From this next beginning, flaming and trolling shall commence across the world upon its return! After the battlefield of Sora no Woto has been swept across with not so angelic guardians, a glistening hope his been fulfilled! A prophecy it may seem, but it matters not. All that matters is…

Apr 6, 2010 6:08 PM

Sep 2007
Maximatum99 said:
The war has finally waged on.

From this next beginning, flaming and trolling shall commence across the world upon its return! After the battlefield of Sora no Woto has been swept across with not so angelic guardians, a glistening hope his been fulfilled! A prophecy it may seem, but it matters not. All that matters is…

You need one of those diabetes inducing Starbucks frappuccinos. But yeah, I'm not so OH BAH GAWD SO MOOEEEE this time around cause I already pretty much know what kind of reactions each girl would give every episode. What could slightly redeem it is if they actually played more music. More. The Yui solo in the beginning was nice and this show should include more of it. Although I hope they include some more down to earth rock songs instead of the same typical FUWA FUWA light hearted moe moe beats.
Apr 6, 2010 6:09 PM
Jun 2009
The trollsubs made it better.
Apr 6, 2010 6:23 PM

Apr 2009
NEEDS MORE CAKE

They just started their third year, so they don't have new material...YET
Can't wait to see what new songs they'll play
Apr 6, 2010 6:24 PM

Feb 2009
Despite this being pointless, not really funny and predictable I couldn't stop smiling during the whole episode. Yep, this is K-ON alright. :)

And check this out, 720p hohoho. I guess their budget rocketed sky high since K-ON s1 which was aired in a retarded cropped 4:3 format.

And now, let the moe moe kyun shitstorm begin... FUCK YEAH, it's good to have those moe blobs back. x]
Apr 6, 2010 6:24 PM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
But yeah, I'm not so OH BAH GAWD SO MOOEEEE this time around cause I already pretty much know what kind of reactions each girl would give every episode.
Could it also be the cause of other "K-on!" influenced character designs like in the Scared Black Smith + Sora no Woto which lead to possible decrease in quality cake?
Apr 6, 2010 6:29 PM

Dec 2008
Within the first 1:30 sec i lol'd irl
(http://www.goodanime.net/k-on-season-2-episode-1)
Apr 6, 2010 6:35 PM

Sep 2008
All I can say is that the op made me want to vomit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2010 6:37 PM

Sep 2007
Maximatum99 said:
Wasabi said:
But yeah, I'm not so OH BAH GAWD SO MOOEEEE this time around cause I already pretty much know what kind of reactions each girl would give every episode.
Could it also be the cause of other "K-on!" influenced character designs like in the Scared Black Smith + Sora no Woto which lead to possible decrease in quality cake?

Possibly... and those two anime weren't very good either.
Apr 6, 2010 6:37 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, there are some scary fanatics in here. Chill.

I liked the new OP for some odd reason, but the ED was nothing special. Nice animations though.

Wasabi said:
It's not like you need to remember anything from the first season to watch the second. Barely anything happened in the first season and I doubt anything significant will happen in this season.
Yup.

Wasabi said:
What could slightly redeem it is if they actually played more music. More. The Yui solo in the beginning was nice and this show should include more of it. Although I hope they include some more down to earth rock songs instead of the same typical FUWA FUWA light hearted moe moe beats.
Would be nice and probably not gonna happen.

I kinda concluded that watching this is the same as watching 2girls and a cup, makes me gag yet I can't look away.
Apr 6, 2010 6:39 PM

Nov 2008
the new opening and ending are horrible, but other than that i really liked the episode
Apr 6, 2010 6:48 PM

Dec 2009
connect91 said:
Within the first 1:30 sec i lol'd irl
(http://www.goodanime.net/k-on-season-2-episode-1)

who did these subs cuz i remember em from the first season

other than that, i enjoyed the episode. kept a smile through the whole thing and laughed a bit. lol at mio imagining azusa being lonely at the club room.
<3 Azu-nyan :D
chinomanApr 6, 2010 6:57 PM
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2010 6:49 PM

Nov 2007
oh, seems like we're getting a lot of mixed reactions in here. :o personally, i think what makes k-on so special is that it's always the smallest things that make the viewers smile. i liked this episode; grinned & laughed a lot.

also. THAT YUI GUITAR SOLO AT THE BEGINNING WAS HOT.
Apr 6, 2010 6:49 PM

May 2009
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE K-ON!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3,3<3<3,3<3,3<3,3<3<3<3<3,3<3<3!!!!!~
I <3 Yui!~ I missed K-ON! so much, and now K-ON!! is here. (:
I loved it, hated nothing about it. What's there to hate about K-ON!! ?? :D
Apr 6, 2010 6:53 PM

May 2009
Already gotten used to the opening, I think it's quite good actually. The ending is awesome!

It's so nice to have more K-ON! Enjoyed every second of this episode.
Apr 6, 2010 6:55 PM

Aug 2008
Animeluverz125 said:
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE K-ON!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3,3<3<3,3<3,3<3,3<3<3<3<3,3<3<3!!!!!~
People like you.
Apr 6, 2010 7:02 PM

Jan 2008
at least this episode confirmed something to me

this show has always been crap, it's still crap, and it will remain crap
Apr 6, 2010 7:03 PM

Feb 2009
Kvakond said:
I kinda concluded that watching this is the same as watching 2girls and a cup, makes me gag yet I can't look away.

NOOOOOEEEESSS Why did you remind me of that? >:( >:( >:(

Although I do admit that you have a point. I remember laughing stupidly while watching that... thing, even though there's nothing funny to it, just like I was smiling stupidly while watching K-ON. GODDAMMIT! Now every time I watch my lovely moe blobs I'm gonna have images in my head of that... thing! FU! >:(

(No I'm not a mentally deranged person)
Apr 6, 2010 7:04 PM

May 2009
Kvakond said:
People like you.
I lol'd. Well said.

falkenn said:
Haters gonna hate. Why are you watching it?
Apr 6, 2010 7:11 PM

Dec 2007
Farking hell. They cut the concert scene.

Why even mention the concert if they're not even going to show it?
Apr 6, 2010 7:13 PM

Apr 2009
stAtic91 said:
Kvakond said:
People like you.
I lol'd. Well said.

falkenn said:
Haters gonna hate. Why are you watching it?

you are right
why peoples that hate K-ON! still watch it and keep complain even they want to see it.
This episode was not amazing. But they just follow the manga. Some say its boring or there is not hapening anything thats same for season 1. They must be something that the haters attract to it and still watching it :p
Apr 6, 2010 7:14 PM

Nov 2008
Animeluverz125 said:

Apr 6, 2010 7:18 PM

Dec 2009
azusa as club president? Do want.

Apr 6, 2010 7:18 PM

Jun 2009
I will only keep watching this piece of overrated shit for trolling purposes.
Apr 6, 2010 7:19 PM

Apr 2009
-Hei- said:
I will only keep watching this piece of overrated shit for trolling purposes.

Enjoy.
Apr 6, 2010 7:31 PM

Sep 2009
YOOOOOOOSH!!!

so happy to have my afterschool tea time again. I was kinda worried that they wouldn't be able to pull it off again but another great opening and ending (LOVED IT!) and the series is doing what it does best.

Favorite part would probably have to be when Mio imagines Azu-nya all depressed and scary and cries and runs away while the rest of the crew is wondering what just happened.

I'm gonna love this season. K-ON FOREVER!!!!

oh, and I'm also hoping for another moe moe kyun!
Apr 6, 2010 7:33 PM

Sep 2009
chinoman said:
azusa as club president? Do want.

Can someone just take that picture and make a shirt please? Just would be epic

yeah, she was thinking about it
Apr 6, 2010 7:34 PM

Aug 2009
Woot! As funny as always!
Loved the episode. Mugi <3
Apr 6, 2010 7:36 PM

Jun 2008
iTiffany19 said:
I just watched the RAW version of the 1st episode on Nicovideo and it's so awesome! I'm guessing that they were trying to find new members for the club so Azu-nyan wouldn't have to worry about being alone next year since the others are in their last year of highschool. I loved it! I can't wait for episode 2. And subtitles. Also I've had the OP on repeat for like 2 hours now. It's so catchy! Much better than Cagayake Girls. ^^
I can't say it's better....just different. THat seems to be what why the OP haters are abound. They are showhorning a comparison to the first OP...in some ways you can't.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Apr 6, 2010 7:41 PM

Mar 2010
i just rewatchd it and i think the moe virus has infected me. ;( i hope theres a cure.
Apr 6, 2010 7:43 PM

Sep 2008
I loved this episode! The animation was better (OMG the OP) Well it was funny as the previous season... Looking foward for the next episode!
Good Job !
Apr 6, 2010 7:43 PM

Jun 2008
1054 said:
i just rewatchd it and i think the moe virus has infected me. ;( i hope theres a cure.
Sorry, there is no cute. The only thing you can do is go cold turkey.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Apr 6, 2010 7:45 PM

Jan 2008
superchan said:
Some say its boring or there is not hapening anything thats same for season 1. They must be something that the haters attract to it and still watching it :p

you know, it's not shit just because it's boring, it's shit because it has nothing. No characters, no humor, no discussions, no interactions, no point

it is twenty minutes of fetishism, overused jokes, cakes, elevator music and ZOmg KAWAII AZU-NYAN, nothing else
Apr 6, 2010 7:54 PM

Jan 2008
falkenn said:
you know, it's not shit just because it's boring, it's shit because it has nothing. No characters, no humor, no discussions, no interactions, no point
it is twenty minutes of fetishism, overused jokes, cakes, elevator music and ZOmg KAWAII AZU-NYAN, nothing else

This
Oh, and LOL to the first 4 pages of fanboys. They LOOOOOVVVEEE it so much, they wouldn't even wait for a good quality copy.
+1 for Coal Guy's torrent comment. Are we ready?
Apr 6, 2010 7:59 PM
Jan 2009
sure cant wait to see 12 more episodes of nothing
Apr 6, 2010 8:03 PM

Jun 2008
Oh god its back.
What a guilty pleasure.

Apr 6, 2010 8:04 PM

Apr 2009
First off, I think the OP song is horrible.
Other than that, it feels like more of the same.

I'm not gonna bash this show, but I find some parts in shows like this entertaining.
Apr 6, 2010 8:05 PM

Jun 2009
Decent episode, The OP and ED were no where near "cagayake girls" and "don't say lazy" but they were not bad at all.

A bit slow, but enjoyable nonetheless. Is that girl in the ED the new member? And doesn't the club need at least 3 new members to keep the club alive next year?
Apr 6, 2010 8:07 PM

Jun 2007
Ah finally the wait over, and what a perfect 2 minutes intro back into the series before the op (which I don't really like :( )
I was almost screaming no more members please, hopefully we won't get any. Perfect group just the way it is.
Though overall the ep was just good.
Apr 6, 2010 8:10 PM

Apr 2009
I like to watch K-ON!! for the OP and ED ^^. Though, this time around, they honestly weren't that great; the OP sounded really vocaloid, and the ED wasn't as powerful as the previous season.
Apr 6, 2010 8:12 PM

Nov 2008
So... did anyone catch Mio's "twin sister"?

Apr 6, 2010 8:14 PM

Jun 2009
Maximatum99 said:
So... did anyone catch Mio's twin sister?

Yes sir.

inb4retartedmiofancomment
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

throwaway513846 - Jul 13, 2010

134 by Abeke »»
Today, 9:09 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Aug 10, 2010

144 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Jun 2, 12:16 AM

» Ritsu Tainaka is really underrated. She deserves more appreciation

Arminken - May 1

22 by canadasnow »»
May 25, 2:08 PM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Aug 3, 2010

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 23, 7:40 AM

Poll: » K-ON!! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jul 27, 2010

129 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 19, 9:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.