Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 28, 2020 6:24 AM

Nov 2007
My answer after watching anime for so many years will be 3-gatsu no Lion.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 31, 2020 6:09 AM
Apr 2020
I would say, Paprika, Stein;Gates and Perfect Blue. Perfect Blue would be the best eye opener for me (in reality). Paprika for realization. Stein;Gates for Thriller

Anime is such a hobby to me because of Gintama. But I will not recommend it though for new anime watcher.

Also, I like Ryuk.
If you're happy and you know it clap your hands
Jul 31, 2020 9:37 AM

Jul 2019
The first anime my little brother watched was Death Note and that little shit watched it in 3 days.
Then the first anime my cousin watched was Berserk. He also enjoyed

Show the something good. My first anime was One Piece
Jul 31, 2020 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
I would recommend them death note, Dragon Ball z, Demon slayer FMAB. If they are kids i would give them kid shows like Hero academia, doremon.
Jul 31, 2020 9:44 AM
Jul 2020
Neon Genesis Evangelion, an extremely complex and philosophical anime.
Jul 31, 2020 9:47 AM

Jan 2019
Monster, Ghibli stuff, action anime...
Jul 31, 2020 10:24 AM

May 2013
Studio Ghibli Films(gotta hit them with those classics to soften them up)
Weathering with You
Erased
Fullmetal Alchemist(the first version had a more serious tone so it's a good watch despite people claiming it's too different from the source material. Brotherhood despite being faithful to the manga felt more shounen than seinen)
Angel Beats
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
I want to eat your Pancreas
Clannad(despite being lambasted by the west for it's 00's moe character design, the story is pretty good tearjerker)
H20: Footprints in the Sand
Shirobako(I think this one's a good closer anime when you've made them watch several anime that others have recommended and it talks about the anime industry & how they work)

I don't agree with putting Lain & Monster out there for beginners. It would make anime seem like a chore for them if they're beginners. Avoid introducing Pop-culture anime like Lucky Star cause you need to watch a lot of anime to get any of it.

Jul 31, 2020 10:26 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
Hmm. Ghost in the Shell or Ego Proxy, perhaps? Something tells me that mostly everyone else is also saying GitS.

Maybe you can demonstrate anime like Kaiji and how it goes in-depth with human habit, emotion and how it's a game of psychology. Or any anime similar to, but because of its bizarre nature I wouldn't recommend Kaiji as a "gateway" anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2020 6:48 PM
Jul 2020
My brother doesn’t like anime, but I still tried to watch it with him. Surprisingly, the anime that he enjoyed were A Silent Voice and Your Lie in April, which I thought were both sad shows.
I would show My Hero Academia to people that haven’t seen anime just cuz I think the show is good for beginners, doesn’t have a lot of violence, and it goes at a good pace.
Jul 31, 2020 10:06 PM

Jun 2020
Death Note and Tokyo Ghoul should be shown to newbies, IMO
Aug 1, 2020 2:37 AM

Jan 2008
This thread was made 10 years ago right?
Aug 1, 2020 3:20 AM

Jan 2018
Brockemsockem said:
Greetings,

It's no strange (unfortunate) fact that a lot of people have a natural aversion to anime, and consider it childish, stupid, fake, etc. I'm actually doing a 20 minute presentation in my Public Speaking class about how anime and animation is not just a child's medium, but is in fact, quite adult. This begs the question:

***What anime would you show to someone who has NEVER had any experience with anime or serious animation?***

The main contender, for me, would be Death Note, seeing as it's set in the modern world and doesn't fling anything too fantastical or extreme at the viewer (except that creepy Ryuk bastard). What else is out there that could potentially draw someone into being an anime fan?

Also, sorry if this topic has been done before, I tried the search function but a ton of unrelated garble came up. Cheers ^_^!

I would stick with death note

It doesn't have any crazy anime elements that need to be explained like mecha or magical girls etc etc

It's an amazing story while also being very good for beginners

You may be able to incorporate this edit somehow.

The video itself has no subs but when you enable subtitles on YouTube you can choose from a wide variety that the channel itself provides

https://youtu.be/kw-XWS1Usio
Aug 1, 2020 3:24 AM

Jan 2018
Another good pick might be code Geass

The rebel Vs oppressive bad empire story is often pictured in black and white

I'm sure everyone in your class knows star wars and other story's like that.
But most story's don't explore how rebellion and terrorism are just 2 terms for the same thing .

https://youtu.be/0x8x7EbYatM

@Brockemsockem
Aug 1, 2020 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
people , the thread is 10 years old
that guy is probably an adult now who doesn't need to do any presentation

Aug 1, 2020 9:53 PM
May 2011
Code geass
Berserk
Attack on titan
My hero academia
Samurai champloo
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 27

99 by Lucifrost »»
8 minutes ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Today

53 by RuuryMercury »»
32 minutes ago

» Filler arcs are not that bad, you're just too old and have access to the internet.

LenRea - Jun 9

30 by PeripheralVision »»
46 minutes ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga? ( 1 2 )

Phantomnocomics - Jun 8

68 by Hikinekomori »»
46 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film.

Old_School_Akira - 9 hours ago

37 by billybub »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.