Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
7 hours ago
Aug 2022
Did episode 4 feel rushed to anyone else? Or at least felt it was going by REALLY REALLY fast?

As soon as the crab started chasing them it felt like the pacing sped up wayy too much and the epilogue felt shoehorned in.

Even the opening and ending felt sped up unlike what it normally is.

Just wanted to know if anyone shared these feelings. Might just be my stupid manga biased brain since I love the manga so much.

6 hours ago
Aug 2021
From an anime-only perspective, I didn’t feel like anything was rushed so it could just be your mental comparison to how it felt reading it. Definitely happens to me sometimes when watching an adaptation of something I read and love
6 hours ago
May 2022
I felt it was going fast, but for the majority of the episode the characters were always running, so I guess that's why he felt fast.
I loved it.
6 hours ago
Aug 2022
DegenerateRed said:
Did episode 4 feel rushed to anyone else? Or at least felt it was going by REALLY REALLY fast?

As soon as the crab started chasing them it felt like the pacing sped up wayy too much and the epilogue felt shoehorned in.

Just wanted to know if anyone shared these feelings. Might just be my stupid manga biased brain since I love the manga so much.

I think it's because only one episode comes out per week, and we're all very hyped about the anime. It feels like the episode goes by really fast, but I think it's going well.
6 hours ago

Apr 2021
DegenerateRed said:

Well its been a long time since ive read this ch, however I didnt feel it rushed. The pacing in the manga is quite fast therefore it will be faster in the anime. This pacing caught me offguard in the first ep, where the scenes in the school I felt them extremely fast, but now im used to it.
6 hours ago
Jun 2023
It was going fast in the manga. If they went slow I would’ve been a lot less happy.
6 hours ago
Jan 2016
DegenerateRed said:

no it was great, no issue from me
6 hours ago

Aug 2014
Just read the interview of the director and Momo's VA. So far there are pretty much 0 complaints and I'm loving the anime.
6 hours ago
Kikuris footrest
Jul 2022
the sense of speed and intensity in the action scenes is one of my favorite things about the manga
and im glad Science Saru seem to have picked up on that, fast is the only way these scenes should be imo
6 hours ago
Aug 2020
DegenerateRed said:

it was a 3 chapter adaptation. soo really nice speed with some moment more flesh up than the manga
6 hours ago

Apr 2016
nah, you just wanna complain
5 hours ago
Negator

Mar 2022
Not at all, especially since they added a lot more to the chase scenes than were in the manga. Definitely didn’t think the opening or ending were sped up, so idk what you got goin on there man lol, just a case of time flying when you’re having fun. Also Dandadan is just really break neck in general
5 hours ago
Jul 2021
I don't really know buddy
5 hours ago
Apr 2022
i think that was kinda the point
5 hours ago

Apr 2020
Yeah. agreed, might just be stupidity, cause Episode 4 was flawless. 🔥
4 hours ago
Oct 2016
they could be tightening things up a BIT but the manga moves quick, I promise you nothing has been lost or rushed.
4 hours ago
Feb 2018
I think you read manga too slow.
4 hours ago
Dec 2019
The whole scene was actually longer in the anime than it was in the manga, so I have no clue what you mean by it being fast paced 😐.
4 hours ago
Dec 2023
They literally added scenes to pad it out longer than the manga. The whole section where classical music comes in is anime original and extends what was a single page in the manga.
3 hours ago
May 2023
It’s probably a good thing since it’s a chase the pacing should feel fast.
3 hours ago

Apr 2020
Not really. I mean, there's a reason why the manga+ comments section is full of people saying "Damn, read it in 20 seconds" or similar stuff.

The manga has an abundance of double page panels, and series of panels with no dialogue and focusing only on action and motion aren't uncommon either.

The anime with this pace still feels appropriate.
3 hours ago

Jan 2009
action shows like this one are usually fast pace anyway
3 hours ago

Jan 2024
It was rush because they were running for their lives. What did you expect stop and have a philosophical conversation about crabs in between.
3 hours ago
Jun 2024
Well, they were in a rush so I got that feeling too
3 hours ago
May 2024
y’all complain about anything that’s popular
3 hours ago

Jul 2017
i think it was pretty well paced
1 hour ago
Sep 2021
dandadan as whole has a really fast pace

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dandadan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Oct 24

258 by fluffy3457 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Dandadan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Aug 6

654 by theowest »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » If Momo wanted to ride you, would you let her? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zarutaku - Oct 25

283 by LostSpectre »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » how dandadan is censored in china

deg - Oct 26

32 by ArthurBedlam »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Dandadan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Sep 13

296 by mykawaiianime »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.