Forum Settings
Forums
New
7 hours ago

Aug 2022
What are your top 3 most underrated animes that you think deserve to be talked about more and deserve more recognition? I'll go first

1. Vivy-Fluorite Eye's song
2. A place further than the universe
3. The Aquatope on white sand
6 hours ago

May 2018
"underrated animes?"

The last underrated I stumbled upon - Kuramerukagari and Kurayukaba.
6 hours ago

May 2018
god narrowing it down to 3 is impossible, but what comes to mind are:

kobato
sarazanmai
glass mask (2005)
can't yuck my yum

6 hours ago

Aug 2023
First 3 that comes to mind that seem to be undervalued are:

1. Kemono no Souja Erin
2. Last Exile
3. Black Jack

6 hours ago

Dec 2022
Vivy has a weighted score of 8.39, and A Place Further Than The Universe has a weighted score of 8.51, which is a pretty low barrier to entry for considering something underrated (i.e., unfairly given a lower rating than it warrants). Generally, if anything here has a weighted score above 8.00, that means it's widely loved by a sizeable majority of those who watched it. But, if we're considering "underrated" as synonymous with "underwatched and/or more poorly rated than it should be", then...

1: Strange Dawn
2: Betterman
3: Bakuon!!

Shaded Horizon

6 hours ago

Aug 2022
Reply to Archean-Return
Vivy has a weighted score of 8.39, and A Place Further Than The Universe has a weighted score of 8.51, which is a pretty low barrier to entry for considering something underrated (i.e., unfairly given a lower rating than it warrants). Generally, if anything here has a weighted score above 8.00, that means it's widely loved by a sizeable majority of those who watched it. But, if we're considering "underrated" as synonymous with "underwatched and/or more poorly rated than it should be", then...

1: Strange Dawn
2: Betterman
3: Bakuon!!
@Archean-Return yeah I get what you’re saying, I meant it as anime’s that deserve more recognition and aren’t talked about nearly as much as the more popular ones out there. Nice list though I’ll definitely take a look at those 3!
6 hours ago

Aug 2022
Reply to Ozpin5
First 3 that comes to mind that seem to be undervalued are:

1. Kemono no Souja Erin
2. Last Exile
3. Black Jack

@Ozpin5 nice list I’ll end up taking a look at what they’re about!
6 hours ago

Aug 2022
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
god narrowing it down to 3 is impossible, but what comes to mind are:

kobato
sarazanmai
glass mask (2005)
@NoelleIsSleepy ouuuu interesting picks I’ll definitely have to take a look at them, more to put on my watchlist 😌
6 hours ago

Aug 2022
Reply to alshu
"underrated animes?"

The last underrated I stumbled upon - Kuramerukagari and Kurayukaba.
@alshu don’t think I’m familiar with it honestly I’ll have to see what it’s about!!
6 hours ago

Dec 2021
Latest underrated one on my to-do list is Kerokero Chime (6.42 MAL score, 697 users). But for the top three, I'll set the arbitrary requirements for something to be "underrated" as "Has a MAL score lower than 6.60" and "has less than 5,000 users"...

1. Rikujou Bouei-tai Mao-chan (6.31 MAL score, 1,862 users, personally rated 9/10): Dumb fun, cute, and inoffensive. It's more or less a palate cleanser anime.

2. Mellow (5.39 MAL score, 270 users, personally rated 8/10): Yeah, this one easily fits within the arbitrary "Underrated Requirements". Trashy, but incredibly funny, and despite being a 44 minute ad for the manga, it's a damn good ad.

3. Zanting! Rang Wo Cha Gonglue (6.42 MAL score, 2,339 users, personally rated 8/10): A modern donghua, just to round things out. I love this one, and think it pulls off the look it's going for perfectly. Also it's the only one I've mentioned here that's streamable on Crunchyroll right now.
Daviljoe1936 hours ago
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
6 hours ago

May 2018
Reply to RealClutch
@NoelleIsSleepy ouuuu interesting picks I’ll definitely have to take a look at them, more to put on my watchlist 😌
@RealClutch admittedly they're not for everyone, but I certainly enjoyed them! check them out for sure :)
can't yuck my yum

6 hours ago
Jul 2024
World Trigger

Hunter x Hunter

Charlotte

Hell's Paradise

Kino's Journey

6 hours ago

Aug 2022
Reply to Hiimoohiii
World Trigger

Hunter x Hunter

Charlotte

Hell's Paradise

Kino's Journey

@Hiimoohiii seen two out of the five liked them both!!:)
5 hours ago

Jun 2024
Hi! Well I have recommendnation for I don't know what your favorite genre but you look at this:

Allison&Lillia
Speed Grapher
Solty Rei
Hinamasturi
Buddy Daddies
Millionaire Detectives
Saikyi series
The Daughter of Twenty Faces
Letter B
Chrome Shelled
Stigma of the Wind
Nura: Rise of Yokai Clan

My personal favorites were: Boogiepop Phantom, Kino' Journey, Noir, The Third The Girl with the Blue Eyes, and GA Art Design Class.

I am more watching underated and Hiddens than Mainstream since I was grown up on unknown anime.
3 hours ago

Aug 2022
Reply to Kirika_Madeleine
Hi! Well I have recommendnation for I don't know what your favorite genre but you look at this:

Allison&Lillia
Speed Grapher
Solty Rei
Hinamasturi
Buddy Daddies
Millionaire Detectives
Saikyi series
The Daughter of Twenty Faces
Letter B
Chrome Shelled
Stigma of the Wind
Nura: Rise of Yokai Clan

My personal favorites were: Boogiepop Phantom, Kino' Journey, Noir, The Third The Girl with the Blue Eyes, and GA Art Design Class.

I am more watching underated and Hiddens than Mainstream since I was grown up on unknown anime.
@Kirika_Madeleine I was actually looking for more anime to watch thank you so much!!! I’ll definitely look into these, the only thing is the only app I use to watch anime at the moment is crunchyroll so I hope they at least have a few of these up there.
3 hours ago

Feb 2017
Happy sugar life
X tv series
Brynhildr in the darkness
Togainu no chi
Loveless

They are all really good!!
3 hours ago

Aug 2022
Reply to Sphealz
Happy sugar life
X tv series
Brynhildr in the darkness
Togainu no chi
Loveless

They are all really good!!
@Sphealz definitely will look into them !!!
3 hours ago
Sep 2022
1. Undead Girl Murder Farce
2. Ranking of Kings
3. Id: Invaded
4. Somali to Mori no Kamisama
5. Majo no Tabitabi

Personally curated from 2020 to this year's underrated anime category. (Feel free to check my profile for more underrated picks)
2 hours ago

Jul 2023
Last underrated imo Genshiken (last watch which I still remember) nd don't know about the rest. Anyway, nice bait 👏

2 hours ago

Jul 2021
I feel Vivy and A Place Further Than The Universe are fairly well-known and loved. But sure, they deserve the attention.

I do agree with Aquatope on White Sand. Beautiful and heartwarming mix of both pursuing your dream career and then actually living it. With tropical Okinawa, aquariums and cute girls. This does feel a little under-watched.

From my "Hidden Gems" page, I'll pick out two "workplace" dramas with good art, characters and positive vibes: 1. Deaimon (a failed rock musician guy and an elementary-school girl work at a small Japanese sweets shop, very chill) and 2. Overtake! (a teenage Formula 4 driver and a photographer navigate competitions and career difficulties).

For number 3, I choose Heike Monogatari. Historical tragedy that's not always easy to follow, but gorgeous art and music, coming from Science SARU.
2 hours ago
⎠⎞ >⏝⏝<⎠⎞

Apr 2015
  1. Master Keaton
  2. Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
  3. Pui Pui Molcar
  4. Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari
  5. Chouon Senshi Borgman
  6. Koko wa Greenwood

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
2 hours ago

Aug 2016
Those who hunt elves, Photon and saber marionette J
:v
2 hours ago

Jan 2021
Going by Archean-Return definition, it will be...

1. Aki-Sora
2. Grisaia
3. Nothing else comes to mind right now.

And by Grisaia, I specifically mean the Meikyuu adaptation. I am pretty much fine with the scores for the other parts, but for Meikyuu it's crazy to me that it's ranked below an 8.00
Cielord1 hour ago
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
1 hour ago
Jun 2024
1. Wolf’s Rain

2. 86: Eighty-Six

3. Kanon or Air

These are not listed in any particular order. I believe all of these are extremely underrated and deserve more recognition. There are many other underrated anime, but these were the first to come to mind.
25 minutes ago

Jul 2024
GetBackers
Flame of reeca
Stigma of the wind

More topics from this board

» What anime character would you marry (No Seriously)

TheSuave - Aug 12

42 by gothcoded »»
18 seconds ago

» OMG I can't believe this happened on the plane

Hiimoohiii - 6 hours ago

46 by Jevasamy »»
59 seconds ago

» peaceful anime

Cammell - Yesterday

40 by gothcoded »»
2 minutes ago

» Isn't it weird that people psych analyze fictional Anime Characters?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

18 by SimplyBrazen »»
4 minutes ago

» What's the lowest score you ever gave an anime?

RealClutch - 3 hours ago

14 by SimplyBrazen »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.