Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 10, 7:51 PM

Apr 2022
Director - Masashi Koizuka (Attack on Titan S1-S3)
Assistant Director - Hideaki Abe (JUJUTSU KAISEN episode 15 director)
Series Composition - Taku Kishimoto (Ranking of Kings)
Character Designer / Chief Animation Director - Kyoji Asano (Psycho-Pass), Takatoshi Honda (Kyokou Suiri)
Creature Design / Concept Art - Yasuhiro Kajino (Kyoukai no Rinne 2nd Season)
Prop Designer - Eri Taguchi (Cool Doji Danshi character design)
Action Animator - Ken Imaizumi (Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen key animation), Shuhei Fukuda (Yofukashi no Uta main animator)
Art Director - Tomonori Kuroda (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
Animation Production - Ryouma Kawamura (Moonrise)

ryzxgumAug 10, 7:57 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 7:57 PM

Apr 2022
Masashi Koizuka (Director):
"I'm facing this as a long series. If the people like what we've created, we know we would be creating this in the long-run. And if it does, it means this work is loved by many. I want to continue this for a long period. I want to continue this forever. I knew that I love ONE PIECE the most in this studio so I took this project because I didn't want anyone else working on it. I will definitely create something interesting. Please look forward to it. Thank you.''

Eiichiro Oda's guidance to the WIT Studio team for the remake:
"Rather than merely replicating the manga, you should interpret and adapt it in your own unique style."
ryzxgumAug 10, 8:04 PM
Aug 10, 8:00 PM
Apr 2023
any idea when are we getting to see a teaser or a trailer cause there was a leak that a trailer was going to release on the one piece day
Aug 10, 8:19 PM
May 2024
this so hype, the Peak Piece is real
Aug 10, 8:24 PM

Apr 2024
it looks so good! the coloring kinda makes me think of children's books
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Aug 10, 8:25 PM

Jul 2023
hype is real

(charecter limit)

Aug 10, 8:39 PM

Apr 2020
Looks so cool. Can't wait to watch it!
Aug 10, 8:47 PM

Jun 2024
Very interesting! I'd love to see how Wit Studio handles the Marineford arc, but we'll have to wait even more years for that if they do go that far.
Aug 10, 8:49 PM
Apr 2020
poor usopp not even a studio change will make him drop that bleaching cream
Aug 10, 9:00 PM
Jan 2023
it looks so beautiful. I am excited 😆 waku waku *doki doki*
Aug 10, 9:26 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to a0t3a
@a0t3a He was never depicted as black in the manga; it was an artistic choice made by Toei Animation.
Aug 10, 10:39 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to AmirKazeXD
@a0t3a He was never depicted as black in the manga; it was an artistic choice made by Toei Animation.
@AmirKazeXD why is live action actor black then?? Oda himself selected actors for live action?
Aug 10, 10:44 PM

Jan 2009
2 action animators are nice to have
Aug 10, 10:54 PM

Sep 2022
Very good art style and animation. I want WIT's One Piece to continue till the end.
Aug 10, 11:04 PM

Jun 2011
Reply to ryzxgum
"I'm facing this as a long series. If the people like what we've created, we know we would be creating this in the long-run. And if it does, it means this work is loved by many. I want to continue this for a long period. I want to continue this forever. I knew that I love ONE PIECE the most in this studio so I took this project because I didn't want anyone else working on it. I will definitely create something interesting. Please look forward to it. Thank you.''

"Rather than merely replicating the manga, you should interpret and adapt it in your own unique style."
@ryzxgum
ryzxgum said:

This is the main takeaway from the interview video for me, adaptation is not a mere copy and paste of the original work, but understanding the essence of the series and recreating the expressions. Knowing this is the approach they will go with the series, I have faith that this series will turn out great.

ryzxgum said:

They're approaching this with the mindset that it could potentially go for more than 1 season, hopefully this means that we will have a completely new set of voice actors/actresses.

Since they didn't invite the sound/music director to the interview, we didn't get much info on how they will recreate new soundtracks for the series. I do hope that they go for the same orchestral theme like the original Toei One Piece, to give it a more grandeur feel for the epic that it is.

Unfortunately, we didn't get a release date from this interview.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 10, 11:06 PM
May 2022
Nah these designs are bad, too made for a book/still images. And it’s quite disrespectful of WIT to be making this series, trampling all over the works of the Toei team from 99-01 because they smell money to be made from people too lazy to watch the original.
Aug 10, 11:09 PM

Feb 2022
hohoho, Santa is here to bring up a minor lighting error on Usopp's face in the last concept drawing. This is unacceptable, we shall cancel this show today!

no, but jokes aside, this is awesome
Hello, please don't take anything I say as an insult, it is not meant as an attack against you as a person. If I directly disagree with you, that does not mean I think you are wrong, I am just more correct. Oh, and if you don't understand sarcasm, then I'm a really friendly individual.
Aug 10, 11:47 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to ajw215799
Nah these designs are bad, too made for a book/still images. And it’s quite disrespectful of WIT to be making this series, trampling all over the works of the Toei team from 99-01 because they smell money to be made from people too lazy to watch the original.
@ajw215799 Money?😂. Toei is in the Top of committee. Toei getting all the money from WIT's hard work. WIT is barely receiving any money.
Aug 11, 12:31 AM
Mar 2023
I really like the new art style and I'm curious how it will look in motion as the more painterly lighting could be redone every frame of animation, and that might look a bit jittery. it would also be a bit jarring to go from a talking scene without much movement (not many frames so the painterly lighting won't be changing) to an action scene where the painterly lighting would be updated 24 FPS. I'll be interested to see how they resolve that issue, because tracking the same painted pattern, warping and stretching it for each frame would also look weird.

this would be the first anime that I know of to have the same art style for the characters and the backgrounds, as usually the backgrounds are more realistic and the characters more cell shaded.
Aug 11, 1:03 AM

Apr 2011
I love the art style. Can't wait to see a teaser/PV!

Aug 11, 1:12 AM
Jun 2024
Amazing list of staff! It seems like the director is passionate about One Piece, so that’s an extra plus point. The arts also look great. OMG, I’m so hyped! This reveal has raised my expectations. And if it's received well, then they'll continue on, so that's a great sign. I was kind of worried they might only do East Blue.
Aug 11, 1:22 AM
Apr 2022
absolutely gorgeous
Aug 11, 1:22 AM

Sep 2016
Looks good, but concept art is often different from the final product.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Aug 11, 1:40 AM

Mar 2021
ajw215799 said:

Bruh!! Toei Animation is literally one of the producers of this remake... This is pure slander, like wtff bro!!!get your facts straight.
Aug 11, 2:20 AM

Aug 2020
Apparently it’s starting from the eastern sea arc, is that just east blue? Only asking cuz I’ve only seen up to end of skypiea so far.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Aug 11, 4:42 AM
Feb 2021
I am really excited to see the end product. It looks and sounds really promising.
Aug 11, 4:42 AM
Aug 2021
@sonnyman45 The director did state in the interview that they would like to work on this project for a long time if it is well received.
Rai04Aug 11, 4:47 AM
Aug 11, 5:57 AM

Jan 2019
If it doesn't fail, it has the potential to be the greatest anime ever made.
Aug 11, 6:19 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to BauaMarega
@AmirKazeXD why is live action actor black then?? Oda himself selected actors for live action?
@BauaMarega Oda sensei choose the actors. The Netflix adaptation changed a few characters' skin color but that was to be expected it does not matter to me how they look as long they play the character well, Jacob Romero was amazing in Ussop's role.
Aug 11, 7:14 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to wivio
@ajw215799 Money?😂. Toei is in the Top of committee. Toei getting all the money from WIT's hard work. WIT is barely receiving any money.
@wivio If Wit doesn't receive any profit then be prepared they gonna drop this anime after S1 or 2.
ZXEANAug 11, 7:18 AM
Aug 11, 7:17 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to ajw215799
@ajw215799 The concept art looks beautiful. Original anime have lots and lots of problems. It's a good thing that One Piece is getting an remake.
Aug 11, 9:36 AM
Dec 2013
Can't wait to see Zeff eat his own leg this time.
Aug 11, 9:53 AM

Jan 2023
Do we have at least year for the release of the first season?
Aug 12, 1:51 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to Oriorii
Do we have at least year for the release of the first season?
No, there aren’t any dates for its release as of now.
Aug 12, 9:35 AM
Dec 2023
Hype is real..hope we get imai in this
Aug 14, 4:53 AM
Apr 2020
AmirKazeXD said:

myanimelist users when blatant and obvious racism:

you are hands down one of the dumbest fucking people ever.
Aug 14, 4:54 AM
Apr 2020
BauaMarega said:

don't bring up logic they just need an excuse to justify anti black racism from the east.
Aug 14, 4:55 AM
Apr 2020
AmirKazeXD said:
@BauaMarega Oda sensei choose the actors. The Netflix adaptation changed a few characters' skin color but that was to be expected it does not matter to me how they look as long they play the character well, Jacob Romero was amazing in Ussop's role.

average mal user (racist)
Aug 14, 4:57 AM
Apr 2020
AmirKazeXD said:

also when did I bring up black people 💀 if I'm not mistaken Asian people use skin bleaching cream the most💀 china? India????? even japan???? they all disproportionally use skin bleaching cream 😱
Aug 14, 4:03 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to a0t3a
AmirKazeXD said:

myanimelist users when blatant and obvious racism:

you are hands down one of the dumbest fucking people ever.
@a0t3a LOOK AT THE VOLUME 5 COVER OF ONE PIECE AND YOU CAN SEE THAT YOU ARE DUMB YOURSELF!
Aug 14, 4:05 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to a0t3a
AmirKazeXD said:

average mal user (racist)
@a0t3a TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE. TOUCH SOME GRASS.
Aug 14, 4:08 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to a0t3a
AmirKazeXD said:

also when did I bring up black people 💀 if I'm not mistaken Asian people use skin bleaching cream the most💀 china? India????? even japan???? they all disproportionally use skin bleaching cream 😱
@a0t3a THIS IS TRUE! NOT GONNA LIE! BUT DO SOME RESEARCH AND SEARCH VOLUME 5 OF ONE PIECE USOPP IS WHITE AS VANILLA ICE CREAM IT IS ALSO DRAWN BY THE AUTHOR IT IS NOT ME WHO CHOSE USSOP TO BE BLACK OR WHITE ITS THE GODDAMN AUTHOR GO AND TELL YOUR PROBLEM TO HIM.
Aug 14, 8:16 PM
Aug 2020
WIT HAS REALLY LOCKED IN THIS SERIES AND THATS WHY THEY BROUGHT THE AOT STAFFS! WE ARE SO BACK GUYS!
Aug 15, 3:58 PM
Apr 2020
AmirKazeXD said:

deflection

(onika burger skibidi toilet)
Aug 15, 4:37 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to a0t3a
AmirKazeXD said:

deflection

(onika burger skibidi toilet)
@a0t3a I also need to touch grass myself LOL. sorry if I offended you. please don't call people racist because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you.
Aug 16, 7:24 AM

Nov 2015
Reply to a0t3a
@a0t3a
a0t3a said:

ussop was always pale guys. since volume 5

also light skinned mixed/ black people exist.
Look at Ice Spice.

Same with Robin
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Aug 17, 6:56 AM
Apr 2020
Old_School_Akira said:
@a0t3a
a0t3a said:

Look at Ice Spice.

Same with Robin

bro said ice spice💀
Aug 17, 9:48 AM

Nov 2015
Reply to a0t3a
Old_School_Akira said:
@a0t3a
a0t3a said:

Look at Ice Spice.

Same with Robin

bro said ice spice💀
@a0t3a
Yeah. She is as pale as Ussop but still has black heritage.
Black comes in all shades.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Aug 17, 7:15 PM
Apr 2020
Old_School_Akira said:
@a0t3a

onika burger skibidi toilet
Aug 18, 6:19 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to a0t3a
Old_School_Akira said:
@a0t3a

a0t3a said:

I don’t know what that has to do with anything I said, but ok. 🙄
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » For people who've already watched/read through One Piece, will you be watching this? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Dec 18, 2023

72 by Saybarnet »»
Aug 28, 5:26 AM

» necessary? ( 1 2 )

omana - Jan 23

50 by ANIk_003 »»
Aug 26, 3:42 AM

» Are there contents in the Original Anime that should be modernized?

Dragevard - Aug 12

3 by SupremeSauce699 »»
Aug 26, 3:13 AM

» ONA......

Subxxxx1 - Jul 11

23 by anikevin »»
Aug 12, 2:27 PM

» 'THE ONE PIECE' will reveal its latest information during ONE PIECE DAY '24 on August 11th, 2024

deg - Jul 18

9 by ToG25thBaam »»
Aug 2, 11:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.