Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 20, 3:16 AM

Sep 2018
eleven_exists said:
Transphobia much?

advent_grade said:
Keep those transphobic tears coming

YuriSpacePirate said:
a transphobe took the first post

ladysov said:
trans people

MochiGyoza said:
crossdresing (trans themes?)

There are no trans characters in this anime though??? (I find the last one very funny)

Jul 20, 4:45 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to RSGX
eleven_exists said:
Transphobia much?

advent_grade said:

YuriSpacePirate said:

ladysov said:
trans people

MochiGyoza said:

There are no trans characters in this anime though??? (I find the last one very funny)

@RSGX Makoto crossdresses to explore their identity. You're right in saying there aren't any trans characters, but the comment I was replying to just assumed that crossdressing = trans and then started spouting transphobic nonsense
Jul 22, 11:22 AM
Sep 2008
aoi is such a spirit animal xDDD "otokonoko?" no problme, i get to enjoy both sides of you" XDDDD
Jul 22, 2:45 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to RSGX
eleven_exists said:
Transphobia much?

advent_grade said:

YuriSpacePirate said:

ladysov said:
trans people

MochiGyoza said:

@RSGX nice way to edit comments out of context...

My original comment clearly addressed crossdressers as well. If you, ya know, actually bothered to read it.
Jul 22, 3:16 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to ladysov
@RSGX nice way to edit comments out of context...

My original comment clearly addressed crossdressers as well. If you, ya know, actually bothered to read it.
@ladysov Yeah, you clearly mentioned them, but why trans people too? Where did they come from? The likely troll you replied to didn't say anything related to that. The context I edited out is not even there...

With my comment, I tried to point out that something is only in your heads.
Jul 22, 8:07 PM
Jun 2019
Reply to RSGX
eleven_exists said:
Transphobia much?

advent_grade said:

YuriSpacePirate said:

ladysov said:
trans people

MochiGyoza said:

@RSGX Makoto is not yet confirmed to be trans, what's why I put the "Trans??" In a parenthesis and the question marks.

Makoto also said they weren't sure about wanting to be a girl, they are just trying to find themselves.

Oh! I was thinking about the word 男の子 (Otoko no ko, same pronuntiation, diferent kanji and meaning), which means just "boy" I guess I got confused since they don't use any kanji in the anime title. Thank you for the explanation.
Jul 23, 1:05 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to MochiGyoza
@RSGX Makoto is not yet confirmed to be trans, what's why I put the "Trans??" In a parenthesis and the question marks.

Makoto also said they weren't sure about wanting to be a girl, they are just trying to find themselves.

Oh! I was thinking about the word 男の子 (Otoko no ko, same pronuntiation, diferent kanji and meaning), which means just "boy" I guess I got confused since they don't use any kanji in the anime title. Thank you for the explanation.
MochiGyoza said:
I mean, both kanji work in cases such as this, that's probably why they're pronounced the same. No problem 👍

MochiGyoza said:
Makoto is not yet confirmed to be trans
I don't think that will happen, but who knows
Jul 23, 6:31 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to RSGX
@ladysov Yeah, you clearly mentioned them, but why trans people too? Where did they come from? The likely troll you replied to didn't say anything related to that. The context I edited out is not even there...

With my comment, I tried to point out that something is only in your heads.
@RSGX I never outright called the character trans, I was establishing the troll clearly had a problem with both. And FYI, the character briefly mentioned a vague possibility of wanting to be a girl, which is normally a early-trans thought to have. Yes, the character is a boy, but the fact the troll said they deserved being bullied over crossdressing is clearly projecting onto trans people as well.

A majority of the MCs struggles are verbatim the same issues trans people deal with.
Aug 14, 11:25 AM
Dec 2020
i think i fell in love. this has brought me so much joy, i was giggling throughout the whole episode (except when hea said 'goodnight me' when i shed a tear)

i LIVE for queer stories and the fact that he has two people who have a crush on him (and not even in the expected way like aoi only liking his 'boy side' and his friend only liking his 'girl side') is soooo good

as a genderfluid person i often struggle to make people understand that my identity and expression fluctuates and that no matter how i may look on a given day that is still the same person. i hope to see some of this struggle represented in this anime

BANGER start, i really hope this won't get messed up later on like Whisper Me A Love Song was
Aug 16, 3:57 PM

Nov 2011
Reply to taskinist
@KeepCalmAndMal

The otokonoko in the title is 男の娘 which is different from 男の子 (boy). It's more or less slang for crossdressing boys, but there's a bit more nuance than that.
@taskinist Thanks for the clarification. I had no idea about the difference of meanings of the title, having not read it with Japanese characters. I have a decent grasp of the language, so I was really confused as to why the term wasn't simply translated as "boy". I still think it's a poor choice, even though I agree it's not easy to translate, "crossdresser" would have been better for a better comprehension.
KyragosAug 16, 4:12 PM
Aug 30, 10:18 PM

Jun 2024
I thought this was Yuri at first but I definitely wrong.
Either way this looks like a fun anime and I will continue to watch it.

I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 29

36 by jsooka »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 22

60 by jsooka »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 18

130 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Yesterday, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 11

108 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Aug 30, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

45 by KANLen09 »»
Aug 22, 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.