Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 15, 8:18 AM

Jan 2014
I thought Shin gonna meet up those player that stuck just like him tho, I actually looking forward to it.
my theory is that, whoever died when it's a death game, get transported 500 years into the future just like Shin.
Jul 19, 2:41 PM

Oct 2008
Animation quality was shit. I couldn't even focus on what was going on with all of the derpy faces they were making.

Actually liked the initial few episodes but it went down hill pretty fast.
Jul 20, 6:48 AM
Dec 2022
The finale and yet the episode felt rushed. Things not well sewn up. Lots of things left unsaid or not resolved fully. The last battle kinda underwhelmed. Schnee confesses and Shin is sure of his love yet torn to go back. Hope there is a season two to resolve all these things.
Jul 27, 3:44 AM
Jul 2019
Nice ending and I hope to see another season with Shin and friends.
Jul 29, 4:37 AM

Jan 2011
They really spent all of their budget in the first 8 episodes huh? Not much of a budget at that, either. These kinds of fight scenes were fine back in the 2010s but after seeing how much effort is spent on choreography and animation in a lot of other shows, it just doesn't cut the mustard anymore having still frames with CG effects layered over them. If this gets a second season I hope they do better.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Aug 8, 8:36 PM

Feb 2014
Wow... it´s been a long time since I have seen an art quality of an anime drop so much. It was so bad at some frames that the characters looked like another character.

This anime was feels good (for most of its time), and I enjoyed the 1st half, but the 2nd half...

Even though the princess' scenes were enjoyable, the second half the art was so bad that it was very distracting, and I am not someone who is easily affected by those changes to the point where my overall enjoyment would be affected, but this time it happened.

I was planning to 7/10, but I think I am going for 6/10. Too bad the budget was so low for this cause the characters are super likeable.
TechOtakuAug 8, 8:49 PM
Aug 12, 7:43 PM

Aug 2012
Jesus, this show started out so strong & then took a nose dive off a cliff into lava. What a waste of my time. I'll check out the Manga / LN now tho, and will be sure to avoid ANY adaptions put out from these studios. What a half assed mess. I haven't seen animation this lackluster in a LONG TIME.

Like what the actual fuck is this animation quality? This is some MS pain shit.

xXTensaZenXxAug 12, 8:01 PM
Aug 17, 3:57 AM
Jul 2024
The plot is pretty good, but the animation quality takes away from it or adds to it, if you find it funny that characters can change their looks and faces within a few seconds apart or "epic" fight scenes lasts for only about 1 minute at most.
Aug 27, 2:12 AM
Oct 2017
bruh this series was really good till the last episode where they utterly shat on it like wtf were they thinking they hell
Sep 2, 9:10 AM

Jul 2012
The choice of studio/budget really gave this LN the worst of chances to be good.

Time to reread it I suppose and wipe this from memory.
Sep 22, 11:18 AM
Haremaster

Feb 2016
Ya'll can say what you want, we got a kiss, that's neat
I have watched all harem animes known to mankind. I'm insane, do not try to save me - I'm far beyond salvation.
Sep 27, 8:16 AM
Sep 2022
I loved the season finale of The New Gate. The anime is good and I'm looking forward to the second season...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4

36 by merderer »»
Sep 29, 12:49 PM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1

42 by magraobl »»
Sep 25, 1:51 PM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

115 by niookookjo »»
Sep 24, 5:55 AM

» Is manga faithful

bezardo - Sep 15

5 by Skydog0205 »»
Sep 18, 11:57 AM

» Is this just another SAO clone?

did4375 - Jun 2

36 by Pedropaulo777 »»
Aug 17, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.