Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 26, 8:58 PM
Apr 2023
For a season that will run for 24 episodes, I expected it to be paced like this and after all, these first few episodes are more like the aftermath of the war and Rimuru becoming a maou/demon lord. Though I have to say, I quite enjoyed their meeting. I wish meetings at work would be as fun as they do.
Apr 26, 9:37 PM
Mar 2020
watsym said:
They're again doing 12 episodes / volume? While other series do between 2 and 6 ep / volume, they're twice as slow than a normally slow adaptation. As a result the pacing is really really slow

wait a whole 12 episodes for single volume? damn....i like that but yeah.....damn
Apr 26, 9:39 PM
Mar 2020
MarchinBunny said:
I went into this season wondering which LNs they will adapt because I didn't think there was enough between 7, 8 and 9 to fit in 24 episodes. But after seeing 4 episodes of meetings, I realize now... it was a silly thought. What was I thinking?... of course there is more than enough meetings to fit in 24 episodes... with how it's going they probably could even adapt just 7 and 8... and make 9, part of season 4. XD

Even as a LN reader, these meetings suck lol.

should I read from vol 7?
Apr 26, 9:41 PM

Apr 2019
i have a feeling a war is coming up between Rimuru and Hinata again
Apr 26, 9:44 PM
Jan 2018
yap yap yap. needs better pacing for the anime adaptation, so far this volume that has been adapted was much more enjoyable in the actual text story.
Apr 26, 10:17 PM
Dec 2022
Amazing world building!
Apr 26, 11:25 PM

Mar 2013
I do wonder why I like the ED's voice's... 🤔
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 26, 11:26 PM
Jul 2023
Unkindd said:
yap yap yap. needs better pacing for the anime adaptation, so far this volume that has been adapted was much more enjoyable in the actual text story.

Since you don't have to you know...wait a week to open the LN's next page
Apr 27, 12:41 AM

Dec 2018
Oh my god, 4 eps in and these people are still yapping. They should rename Tempest to Yapwill. It's like I'm listening to a podcast.
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Apr 27, 1:27 AM
Mar 2021
@EastIndiaCompany bro you haven't even watched previous seasons wth are you even yappin about. loser
Apr 27, 1:53 AM

Dec 2018
This show has really slowed down; there's no tension whatsoever. It's cool watching them build a kingdom and all, but that's pretty much the whole story right now, and the characters don't totally sell it for me at the moment.
Apr 27, 1:59 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to giffey6
While it isn’t bad, I am growing a bit impatient of the exposition at this point having continued meetings discussing ways they will deal with problems. It’s part of the fun of the show is to see the development of Tempest, but we are now multiple episodes in. I know it’ll get good soon though, and I can’t wait!
@giffey6 this might be one of the rare times when binging is NOT recommended. Imagine sitting for 2 hours watching this shit...it'd be dropped fast.
Apr 27, 2:37 AM
Feb 2020
Yeah, I think I am just gonna binge it when it's done. 4 episodes in and nothing has peaked my interest compared to the previous seasons
Apr 27, 3:40 AM
Mar 2019
It feels like filler Episode, wasting time
Apr 27, 4:38 AM
Apr 2020
Yapping simulator
Apr 27, 5:34 AM
Mar 2015
Reply to Meta_Yoshi
I can understand as to why some people aren't happy with how many info-heavy episodes that we've had already, but in a way, I'd rather have it explained in a detailed way like this rather than skipped on and then brought back to explain via a rushed flashback when things do get serious just to please the action junkies.

Either way, I do find it interesting to see how the technology improves in keeping Tempest safe. Not only that, but the meeting did help Rimuru to re-access everything that's happening so far and see if there's anything that's worth checking out that could've been easily overlooked. It's important that he takes this next step carefully, after all.

The ending to the episode was having the Tempest meeting end, only for another meeting with Hinata to begin. I doubt this one won't be long, so I'm interested to see how that meeting will go next time. The action won't be too far away, so I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
@Meta_Yoshi But it is not explained well. Half of the meeting was them saying something and Rimuru saying it back and except for the time they mentioned Luminos and Valentine, all the other info was useless and added nothing to the plot. They built the magic barrier, that was it.

Instead of trimming the information and making a better adaptation we are left with this.
Apr 27, 5:35 AM
Mar 2015
Reply to Lizsaki
@EastIndiaCompany Guys this account is bot for spreading hate and he never seen any of the anime before, account Made April 07 2024 lol. He so stupid and scare so he make another account to shit on anime he hated my guy desperate for attention lol. Remember him guys for other anime.
@Lizsaki He is right tho. Smart bot.
Apr 27, 5:48 AM

Feb 2016
Another episode full of talking, talking, and more talking... Tensura has always been like this, but it's 4 episodes already, as much as I love this I can't deny it's getting really fkng boring :(

I was wondering, where is the undead priest that worked for Clayman and joined Shuna after his defeat?
And the fox that Clayman was manipulating untill Ranga defeated and saved it?
I hope they appear, the priest joined Shuna just to meet Rimuru and think of him as a God but we don't know if they have even meet.

Oh, and something that bugs me, does Rimuru even like Veldora? Ever since his re-introduction with his human form that Rimuru has been treating him like shit lol, I get that Veldora is way too OP, and also really dumb, but Rimuru clearly sees him more as a nuisance than a friend and never hesitates on showing it in front of everyone.
On the other side, this season he has been thinking a lot about Milim, he has mention her a couple of times and now he is even gonna make her a castle simply because why not, she was always a nuisance for him but now it's like he is really acting as her "bestie", now that he is also a Demon Lord and don't really need her "protection" which is the reason he even though on being her friend in the 1st place.
Rimuru is kinda weird.
StallionXDApr 27, 5:54 AM
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 27, 5:58 AM

Feb 2016
politics politics politics. when are we going to get some action?
Apr 27, 7:46 AM
Jul 2019
Another episode of meetings? when will this end? it feels like a day at work, just boring meetings all the time.. too much talking and talking... im hating it.. please tell me this will be the end of it and we will have some actual development, action, city building or anything at all next episode... it cant stay boring like this forever, or can it?
Sr_Matheus2000Apr 27, 7:51 AM
Apr 27, 7:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn problem solving already with a certain issue coming from previous episode?

That magic disc seems cool but idk how effective its implemented on their road.

Well no festival this sooner, means no Milim for the next episode too i guess. Veldora revealed to have a trouble conceals his massive amount of aura, but still manage to laugh it out? Sasuga the calamity dragon. Wonder when he needs to unleash it tho, must be so near at this season, mayhap....

Talk about Falmuth kingdom, and the holy empire of Lubelius crisis seems to have no ends. Its good to have the next episode a little different of pov, which, lets get back to Hinata side again.

Overall, not really an appreciated episode, but definitely still looking forward for more to see how Gobuta survive Rimuru scolding...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 27, 8:14 AM
Jun 2007
Ah the serious meeting with executives. More "shadow" plans in place.
Apr 27, 8:15 AM
Jul 2023
HiljainenSipuli said:
its not bad and i dont mind the talking all too much but 4 episodes might be starting to be too many.

can someone explain the joke here? cant read those kanji.

it is shown that they are all normal oni except for shion since she died and had some demon magicules used to revive her that she is now a wicked oni which is here written as evil
Apr 27, 8:23 AM

Sep 2018
I liked the episode, but it still was a lot of tell without show. Looking forward to see Feldora in action though. 4/5
Apr 27, 8:38 AM

Jun 2016
fk this !! this episode totally boring !!
Apr 27, 8:42 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to PikaPika92
@Lizsaki He is right tho. Smart bot.
@PikaPika92 then I know you didn't care about review cuz you love bot. Bot that love spreading hate through other community and social media you just make yourself a guy that didn't have opinion lol, people hated bot cuz they're useless but you love them cuz he agree with you lol... Ah what a beautiful day to see someone love bot.
Apr 27, 8:47 AM

Feb 2020
@EastIndiaCompany but you didn't even watched the show? Just cuz you salty it got a big score lol my guy you scared as shit, why not show your real account and stop crying under your bot account oh w8 you can't cuz people like you always hidding behind a false account lol... I got you. Ahhhhhhhhh i loved when someone make other account to hide cuz they are a afraid. Want me to say a line that always make a bot account for attention? Nexxxxxxxttttttttt lol. Dummy.
Apr 27, 8:50 AM

May 2015
New genre unlocked: Slife.

As someone who read the manga I appreciate how they go into detail to explain everything because details can be easily lost or forgotten and will be important with the events to come. I understand how it can be frustrating for some who wants more action but this wasn't supposed to be a heavily action-packed arc in the first place. The pacing is fine with me so far.
Apr 27, 9:14 AM
Apr 2021
How are ppl hating on this shit????? Ok Ik 4 episodes is too much for u people with a shonen meathead mentality but That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime was almost always mostly diplomatic like it’s a show about a slime trying to create a kingdom so his people can live safely and freely idk why ppl are shocked that there’s talking going on😭🤦🏽‍♂️😭

The magical circle things were a cool invention it was cool seeing Rimuru in street clothing bro looked dripped out same with Shuna and Shion they looked good too🤩

I wonder what’s this meeting that Hinata is about to start? If she plotting on Rimuru she’s not gonna have the upper hand this time💀

When Hinata walked into that room WHO TF WAS THE HOT BIG TIDDY SHORT HAIRED WOMAN????!?!?! I need her badly😩🙏🏽
Apr 27, 9:21 AM
Jun 2016
boring only meaningless small talk
Apr 27, 9:23 AM
Jun 2016
Reply to mpchandler21
If the next episode is nothing but talk I’m gonna lose it. I get the importance of the information, but the length at which they’re taking to deliver it is ridiculous imo
@mpchandler21 so fking true
Apr 27, 9:27 AM
Jan 2023
People who are hating on these episodes have never looked at the source material 😂 They are adapting this shit wonderfully 👌
Apr 27, 9:41 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to PrG32
People who are hating on these episodes have never looked at the source material 😂 They are adapting this shit wonderfully 👌
@PrG32 Doesn't matter if people have never seen the source material if the anime presents everything in such a boring, dragged out manner episode after episode with a gazillion meetings having taken place since season 2. All these meetings and constant exposition that takes way longer to present than it should translates better in book form than anime, but this is an anime adaptation we are judging here
Apr 27, 11:08 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to PikaPika92
@Meta_Yoshi But it is not explained well. Half of the meeting was them saying something and Rimuru saying it back and except for the time they mentioned Luminos and Valentine, all the other info was useless and added nothing to the plot. They built the magic barrier, that was it.

Instead of trimming the information and making a better adaptation we are left with this.
@PikaPika92 Considering the position that they're and what they know, I'm not expecting them to have all of the answers as of this point, which is why it's not explained to a point that would satisfy someone like you and others who their the same opinion, which is fair enough. At which point, I would say that's more on one's own hindsight of expecting too much and then complaining when that expectations aren't met. We all do this at one point or another, so that's nothing new.

It's not the best explained, but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. At least compared to others shows that I've seen over the years, Slime does this part better than most shows that rely on a lot of talking. One example that I can think of is A Certain Magical Index S3, where their's a lot of talking in there as well, but not only the pacing was rushed more to not make it feel slow, which made the story more frustrating to follow due to things not being explained well enough, even with flashbacks, some of the action scenes either lacked polish or was just animated rather bad, so it ended up annoying both those who wanted a more faithful adaptation,as well as others who know that J.C Staff can try harder in the fight scenes.

As I said before, I'm hoping that things will get back to the action, which is another thing that I like about this series. Having said that, I'd rather have knowledge of what Rimuru and the others decide on their next cause of actions rather than trimming it altogether and leaving us viewers more confused as to why they did "this" and then do "that". Saying that it adds nothing to the plot is a poor judgement to make.
Apr 27, 1:54 PM
Mar 2021
Reply to Lizsaki
@Rokluft have you seen newspaper before? Cuz I do.
@Lizsaki oh yes. I can recognise a fanboy from miles.
and congratulation on reading a newspaper you indirectly touched grass (or what it used to be a tree or leaf of some sort 😂) you need it.
Apr 27, 2:54 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m a bit late to Friday’s anime but I am here now lol, and not a bad episode, it was another entire episode of talking tho, and while it had interesting things like the magic record player and figuring out who is behind everything at the end of the episode, I do wish they could make the discussions more visually interesting, Monogatari has kinda spoiled me on this matter lol, as every discussion is like a music video there.

That being said tho, I am thankful for that visual of Shion and Shuna at a rave with Rimuru, those outfits are hot lol. And that last scene of Hinata among her fellow knights has me excited for the next one, not necessarily because I think there will be action, but because I personally find Hinata’s side of things more interesting than Rimuru further buffing his country.
Apr 27, 3:42 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Treyv0n
How are ppl hating on this shit????? Ok Ik 4 episodes is too much for u people with a shonen meathead mentality but That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime was almost always mostly diplomatic like it’s a show about a slime trying to create a kingdom so his people can live safely and freely idk why ppl are shocked that there’s talking going on😭🤦🏽‍♂️😭

The magical circle things were a cool invention it was cool seeing Rimuru in street clothing bro looked dripped out same with Shuna and Shion they looked good too🤩

I wonder what’s this meeting that Hinata is about to start? If she plotting on Rimuru she’s not gonna have the upper hand this time💀

When Hinata walked into that room WHO TF WAS THE HOT BIG TIDDY SHORT HAIRED WOMAN????!?!?! I need her badly😩🙏🏽
Treyv0n said:

She's called Glenda Attley.
Apr 27, 3:58 PM

Nov 2011
A full episode in the conference room, talked (wasted) away... How low can this anime become? Wow
Apr 27, 4:03 PM

Nov 2011
Reply to mpchandler21
If the next episode is nothing but talk I’m gonna lose it. I get the importance of the information, but the length at which they’re taking to deliver it is ridiculous imo
@mpchandler21 So true. I legit hate how an awesome anime can be made into some boring junk like this, looking back at s1 then the things now, what we had in s1 were almost too perfect to be true... :/
Apr 27, 4:07 PM

Apr 2010
Wow another meeting, maybe at the 23th episode something will finally happens
Apr 27, 4:21 PM
Oct 2017
Typical happy episode
Apr 27, 6:11 PM
Oct 2012
This is so godawfully boring, wish they made slime diaries s2 instead it was at least funny and wholesome.
Apr 27, 7:09 PM

Mar 2010
erm well at least everything is setup lol

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 27, 7:40 PM
May 2022
I think of two minds with the last 4 episodes. It was always more about world building and Rimiru making a city than action. It was never super action heavy to begin with. I think a lot of people forgot how previous seasons were because it’s been a bit but yeah it wasn’t action all the time.

That being said, I feel like there is a lot of dialogue and it could be presented better. It’s a lot of information being dumped for 4 episodes and it gets a bit boring even when I know what to expect.
Apr 27, 8:20 PM

Nov 2009
This episode is dedicated to that dude that said he have no idea what the series is about.

There you go, bunch of dialogue world buildings so you'll know what's happening in this series. Instead of bunch of actions and then complains you have no idea why they're doing those.

But we do get complains from ADHD ppls cause dialogues are boring to watch at times.

LOL

amlgApr 27, 8:23 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 27, 8:57 PM
Aug 2013
Reply to HiljainenSipuli
its not bad and i dont mind the talking all too much but 4 episodes might be starting to be too many.

can someone explain the joke here? cant read those kanji.

@HiljainenSipuli I can´t read japanese but they were joking about the power of oni, oni in japanese means ogre. They were joking about Souei´s power and then they realized others are ogre as well.Were they trying to say that Shion was not an ogre but something else? XD.
Rimuru´s imagination is really something.
Apr 27, 10:01 PM

Feb 2008
Reply to Biribiri10
MarchinBunny said:
I went into this season wondering which LNs they will adapt because I didn't think there was enough between 7, 8 and 9 to fit in 24 episodes. But after seeing 4 episodes of meetings, I realize now... it was a silly thought. What was I thinking?... of course there is more than enough meetings to fit in 24 episodes... with how it's going they probably could even adapt just 7 and 8... and make 9, part of season 4. XD

Even as a LN reader, these meetings suck lol.

should I read from vol 7?
@Biribiri10
Assuming you want to start off where season 2 ended...I don't remember exactly where volume 7 starts off from, so you may need to also read the last few pages of volume 6 as well, basically right after the Walpurgis meeting. It's been a while since I read it. I started reading it when season 2 ended or whenever the movie was announced. I realized it meant it would be a long time till we got a season 3 and so I just didn't want to wait.

There is a lot of discussions in the LN as well, it's just more bearable because you can read through it quickly and are not constantly having to wait week after week after week just to see yet another meeting.

With that said, if you can bare to wait... then I say just wait. Things should be picking up pace and be more interesting pretty soon, if I had to guess probably in an episode or two.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Apr 28, 5:25 AM
Nov 2019
metting para tetinggi, dan acara yg akan dilaksanakan
My Candies :
Apr 28, 5:32 AM

May 2015
Table-talk no jutsu!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 28, 8:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The mana device is cool tbh, now the meeting is finally over so I'm looking forward to the upcoming actions now that they know what to do
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Today

68 by rohan121 »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17

127 by KingBaller06 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24

130 by barteq88 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 3

167 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10

282 by postblitz »»
10 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.