Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 16, 7:31 AM

May 2021
There is no need to debate and wall of texts . The quality of the animation for season 3 will be the same as Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest if not worse which means light years worse than season 1 animation and slightly better than season 2 .

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 19, 12:28 AM
May 2024
Reply to hi777
bro why are you so fixated on the animation one punch man is not known for it it's known for its comedy and it's characters if you want that good animation go watch demon slayer man I find the animation good idk what's wrong
@hi777 did you see s1? it's most definitely known for animation and fights
Jun 19, 2:05 AM

Nov 2019
bring me some popcorn because watching the trailer for animation is a wild construct. Similar to watching video game trailers for graphics.
Jun 28, 10:48 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to ST63LTH
bring me some popcorn because watching the trailer for animation is a wild construct. Similar to watching video game trailers for graphics.
@ST63LTH don't get me wrong but one punch man was famous/reached wider audiences cause of the fights especially saitama v genos and saitama v boros. Sure the story is unique and quirky and pretty deep at some times but as far as i know or met people who watched the the show were mainly intrigued by the fights and hype. Season 2 leaned on a some pretty deep areas compared to the prequel by introducing the ideologies of various characters, which will keep on getting more deeper as the story progresses and i have seen a pretty decent steep by viewership as the season progressed and have seen people online and also met/know people irl stating/deeming the season as "boring", i asked them why their answer was pretty simple and obviously we all know what they will state
"animation was shit"
"story too long"
"they are dragging the hell out of that shit"
"where the FUCK is saitama?!"
ST63LTH said:
Similar to watching video game trailers for graphics

ngl thats a pretty bad take.
the way u put it is like saying "i shit because others pee"
animation and art style are two both different subject.
Even if u truly mean it that way even after reading the upper statement is like u saying "i wanna play/enjoy modern games on the highest settings possible with the shittiest rig one can come up", do you really wanna play/enjoy/watch a game that runs at 10fps?
i never mentioned the art style was shit, they did pretty well for most of the parts except genos.
Jun 28, 11:50 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to monke_guy
@ST63LTH don't get me wrong but one punch man was famous/reached wider audiences cause of the fights especially saitama v genos and saitama v boros. Sure the story is unique and quirky and pretty deep at some times but as far as i know or met people who watched the the show were mainly intrigued by the fights and hype. Season 2 leaned on a some pretty deep areas compared to the prequel by introducing the ideologies of various characters, which will keep on getting more deeper as the story progresses and i have seen a pretty decent steep by viewership as the season progressed and have seen people online and also met/know people irl stating/deeming the season as "boring", i asked them why their answer was pretty simple and obviously we all know what they will state
"animation was shit"
"story too long"
"they are dragging the hell out of that shit"
"where the FUCK is saitama?!"
ST63LTH said:
Similar to watching video game trailers for graphics

ngl thats a pretty bad take.
the way u put it is like saying "i shit because others pee"
animation and art style are two both different subject.
Even if u truly mean it that way even after reading the upper statement is like u saying "i wanna play/enjoy modern games on the highest settings possible with the shittiest rig one can come up", do you really wanna play/enjoy/watch a game that runs at 10fps?
i never mentioned the art style was shit, they did pretty well for most of the parts except genos.
@monke_guy i ain't gonna read allat but all i surmised was A. Story > Art this season and B. Don't think you understood my point in that comparison.
A. OPM is known for animation because it's a gag comedy, ofc it's expected to be carried by its visuals. Who cares about story and char atp.
B. The reason why I use the gaming trailer analogy is because gameplay is like 10% of the trailer (especially with modern day releases) So it's like expectations vs reality

Jun 28, 9:56 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to ST63LTH
@monke_guy i ain't gonna read allat but all i surmised was A. Story > Art this season and B. Don't think you understood my point in that comparison.
A. OPM is known for animation because it's a gag comedy, ofc it's expected to be carried by its visuals. Who cares about story and char atp.
B. The reason why I use the gaming trailer analogy is because gameplay is like 10% of the trailer (especially with modern day releases) So it's like expectations vs reality

@ST63LTH
ST63LTH said:
B. Don't think you understood my point in that comparison.

please elaborate i still cant get your point😅
ST63LTH said:

so you're agreeing with me that even if the story is great but the animation sucks opm will struggle in charts?
ST63LTH said:

i still do not understand where you are going with. Lets be honest for a sec and let us both agree that major game studios these days are just baiting players with their visual "spectacle" of a trailer. whereas anime still didn't reach that far that it needs to be baiting its viewers with a visual spectacle as most old men in their "high chairs" definitely would want all the money to themselves they prolly wouldn't spend more than a cent than the amount they are spending on the actual anime itself. as most trailers are just bunch of clips which are slightly better than the ones in the in the anime put together in a specific order giving us a basic glimpse of the story or what it has to offer.
monke_guyJun 28, 10:01 PM
Jun 28, 10:06 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to huntersushil
Have any one seen the new staff added to season 3
Especially the newly added staff

Staff
Series Composition: Tomohiro Suzuki (Sousou no Frieren)
Character Design: Chikashi Kubota (One Punch Man), Shinjirou Kuroda (Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road key animation) NEW, Ryousuke Shirokawa (Violet Evergarden key animation) NEW
Music: Makoto Miyazaki (Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto)
@huntersushil
holy shit the the post and pre-animation are stacked by some genuinely great artists, but what about the in animation team tho, who is the animation and key director?
is this official?
Jun 28, 10:17 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Yubisoft
There is no need to debate and wall of texts . The quality of the animation for season 3 will be the same as Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest if not worse which means light years worse than season 1 animation and slightly better than season 2 .

@Yubisoft did they already release a trailer for 100 year quest?
Jun 29, 12:43 AM

May 2021
Reply to monke_guy
@Yubisoft did they already release a trailer for 100 year quest?
@monke_guy The anime will air in a few days

Jun 29, 12:49 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Yubisoft
@monke_guy The anime will air in a few days
@Yubisoft just saw the trailer im not surprised the anime always looked like that
Jun 29, 8:13 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to monke_guy
@huntersushil
holy shit the the post and pre-animation are stacked by some genuinely great artists, but what about the in animation team tho, who is the animation and key director?
is this official?
@monke_guy animation in season 2 is not really the major problem TBH it's inconsistencies in art, color grading and sfx are the problem. Seems like S3 will likely fix art inconsistencies because of the aforementioned staff. Idk about color and sfx.
Jun 30, 2:21 AM

May 2021
Reply to monke_guy
@Yubisoft just saw the trailer im not surprised the anime always looked like that
@monke_guy That's not the point , the point is that S3 of OPM will 99% most likely look like the new season of Fairy Tail or at least has the same animation quality (don't confuse it with the art style quality) because If the OPM production committee wanted S3 to look better than the average shonen animation projects like Fairy Tail they wouldn't have chose a mid like J.C.Staff especially when good studios like David Production exist that also have experience with projects like OPM
YubisoftJun 30, 2:28 AM

10 hours ago

Dec 2016
Reply to Yubisoft
@monke_guy That's not the point , the point is that S3 of OPM will 99% most likely look like the new season of Fairy Tail or at least has the same animation quality (don't confuse it with the art style quality) because If the OPM production committee wanted S3 to look better than the average shonen animation projects like Fairy Tail they wouldn't have chose a mid like J.C.Staff especially when good studios like David Production exist that also have experience with projects like OPM
@Yubisoft OPM s3 trailer is way better than Fairy tail trailer in my opinion , it had way better art and animation looks much cleaner than S2.

I JUST HOPE THEY GIVE US BETTER SOUND EFFECTS CUZ MY GOD THAT WAS HORRIBLE IN S2
10 hours ago

May 2021
Reply to DojimaNoRyu
@Yubisoft OPM s3 trailer is way better than Fairy tail trailer in my opinion , it had way better art and animation looks much cleaner than S2.

I JUST HOPE THEY GIVE US BETTER SOUND EFFECTS CUZ MY GOD THAT WAS HORRIBLE IN S2
DojimaNoRyu said:
it had way better art and animation looks much cleaner than S2.

I am not talking about art quality , I am talking about animation quality . Animation quality as you know is vital for battle shonen .

DojimaNoRyu said:
I JUST HOPE THEY GIVE US BETTER SOUND EFFECTS CUZ MY GOD THAT WAS HORRIBLE IN S

OMG yes , those CS GO sound effect from S2 must definitely be improved and the people who were responsible for the abomination must never work in the industry again...

9 hours ago

Dec 2016
Reply to Yubisoft
DojimaNoRyu said:
it had way better art and animation looks much cleaner than S2.

I am not talking about art quality , I am talking about animation quality . Animation quality as you know is vital for battle shonen .

DojimaNoRyu said:
I JUST HOPE THEY GIVE US BETTER SOUND EFFECTS CUZ MY GOD THAT WAS HORRIBLE IN S

OMG yes , those CS GO sound effect from S2 must definitely be improved and the people who were responsible for the abomination must never work in the industry again...
@Yubisoft I agree with u , animation is so important for battle series but from the trailer it was good, of course wasn't mind blowing but very good and u can understand what going on unlike s2
+
I saw some of FT action done by J.C staff from the first 3 episodes it was decent and I'm expecting OPM s3 to be much better , if s2 was 6 out of 10 interms of animation I hope they take their time and we get 8 this time😢
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Hero Visual #4 Fubuki

OvergrownRover - Jun 6

25 by Oongbuh »»
3 hours ago

» this episode was banger fr

Sanvyx - Jun 18

43 by fluffsus »»
Jun 23, 12:29 AM

» God-level animations?

Leon888 - Apr 18

22 by Tony_macaroni12 »»
Jun 19, 12:22 AM

» Butchered Adaptation, No Hope.

Okeanix - Feb 29

41 by Jokuc »»
May 24, 8:52 PM

» Season 3 Director

BLACKANGER - Feb 29

25 by todd2580 »»
May 21, 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.