Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 29, 8:08 PM

Jul 2021
That's literally the most important thing, more important than anything including the fucking studio itself. Season 1 didn't have a godly production because of MADHOUSE, it was because of Shingo Natsume

If Season 2 director is back IT'S OVER but if it's someone else, a good director who has a lot of connection and can bring many talented people to work on S3 things may turn out to be great.
Feb 29, 8:33 PM
Aug 2020
yes, people need to consider the people involves in the production too!
Feb 29, 8:47 PM

Mar 2021
this is just my speculations and maybe me coping a little bit.
Natsume hasnt been involved in any project since Tatami Time machine blues which came out in sept 2022 (around same time when Season 3 was announced).
So maybe, he's coming back in as the director of season 3?
a Big Maybe. I only want this to be true....
Feb 29, 10:04 PM
Jan 2022
Reply to V1P3R0P
this is just my speculations and maybe me coping a little bit.
Natsume hasnt been involved in any project since Tatami Time machine blues which came out in sept 2022 (around same time when Season 3 was announced).
So maybe, he's coming back in as the director of season 3?
a Big Maybe. I only want this to be true....
@V1P3R0P You are absolutely WRONG. J. C Staff mostly uses only in-house staff for all roles.There is a interview where Shingo was asked why he didn't do OPM S2, and he told that he was interested in directing Season 2 but he was never approached by J.C Staff to do so. J.C always want to encourage in-house talent. S3 is DEAD
Feb 29, 10:22 PM
Oct 2021
La tercera temporada ya está condenada al fracaso una mierda
Feb 29, 10:35 PM
Oct 2023
I think it is going to be good no matter what, personally.
Feb 29, 11:38 PM
Oct 2020
I sure am loving these guys who are not giving jc staff another chance because of opm season 2 rather than giving them a chance cause of all the good they have done lately, and it's not like there is a single studio out there who could do the artstyle of the manga justice, it's way too good for that

I personally think they are gonna do great this time around
Mar 1, 12:06 AM

Nov 2021
This new season is going to have like 10 threads a day now for some time lol
Mar 1, 12:20 AM
Feb 2023
Saphhh said:

Because the announcement was a big disappointment. Everyone in OPM fandom knows how big this arc is, fighting wise and scale wise. So it’s a given after how bad S2 was animated, no1 trusts them except if they show otherwise.
Mar 1, 2:35 AM

Nov 2021
Confused_100 said:
Saphhh said:

Because the announcement was a big disappointment. Everyone in OPM fandom knows how big this arc is, fighting wise and scale wise. So it’s a given after how bad S2 was animated, no1 trusts them except if they show otherwise.

Yea not arguing about it I was disappointed too was just pointing out how it'll be because of it.
Mar 1, 2:43 AM

Apr 2021
BLACKANGER said:
That's literally the most important thing, more important than anything including the fucking studio itself. Season 1 didn't have a godly production because of MADHOUSE, it was because of Shingo Natsume

If Season 2 director is back IT'S OVER but if it's someone else, a good director who has a lot of connection and can bring many talented people to work on S3 things may turn out to be great.

it's not about the director, S1 was literally a Yuuichiro Fukushi masterclass or production management and animation production. It's almost completely dependent on what tier of priority JC assigns to this project. If they decide to put as much effort in it as Railgun it's gonna look pretty epic.
Mar 1, 3:57 AM

Mar 2020
it's 100% the season 2 director. look at how they're hiding that guy's name... literally every important staff member is credited except for him (director). just like they hid jc staff for season 3 for 2 years in fear of backlash
Mar 1, 4:25 AM
Jul 2021
people on this site are fucking retarded. They're stuck in Madhouse so much that they can't hear or see anything else.
Mar 1, 4:28 AM
Apr 2023
Saphhh said:
Confused_100 said:

Yea not arguing about it I was disappointed too was just pointing out how it'll be because of it.

yeah because some are saying that the trailer is not bad and yes but not that good either and again we have seen nothing special in the trailer.

we all know what scale fight is going to happen. Animation should be a popular anime like jjk,mob 100,etc
Mar 1, 9:14 AM

Mar 2021
gamibo said:
@V1P3R0P You are absolutely WRONG. J. C Staff mostly uses only in-house staff for all roles.There is a interview where Shingo was asked why he didn't do OPM S2, and he told that he was interested in directing Season 2 but he was never approached by J.C Staff to do so. J.C always want to encourage in-house talent. S3 is DEAD

Could you link the source of this interview.
From what I've heard, Natsume wasnt available at that time since he was already working on Boogiepop production with Fukushi. Due to their unavailability, the production had to go with JC staff, only available studio at that time and since Natsume and Fukushi were not involved, many of the freelancers, part of season 1, did not join the production of season 2. If what you say is true, I'd really like to read/watch the interview where he actually said that.
V1P3R0PMar 1, 9:35 AM
Mar 1, 3:41 PM
Jan 2017
Reply to gamibo
@gamibo Things might change because the announced NEW staff are from outside studios (namely Kyoto Animation). I do think they also need to bring back Chikashi Kubota as a Chief Animation Director for this S3 to have any hope of being good if the director isn't too talented. With that said, Shingo Natsume also said he was disappointed and JC Staff could've done way better and he also nudged to the fact that JC Staff weren't talented lmao so the chances of Shingo Natsume joining S3 is pretty slim but here's to being hopeful i guess.
Mar 4, 10:32 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to V1P3R0P
gamibo said:

Could you link the source of this interview.
From what I've heard, Natsume wasnt available at that time since he was already working on Boogiepop production with Fukushi. Due to their unavailability, the production had to go with JC staff, only available studio at that time and since Natsume and Fukushi were not involved, many of the freelancers, part of season 1, did not join the production of season 2. If what you say is true, I'd really like to read/watch the interview where he actually said that.
@V1P3R0P You do know that google is free? I didnt want to send u the link but people are lazy so here it is.
https://www.cbr.com/one-punch-man-shingo-natsume-career/#:~:text=When%20asked%20by%20a%20viewer,and%20different%20kind%20of%20things.

He also said he wanted JC Staff to do much more in S2.Should we still not consider JC Staff as villain?
Mar 4, 10:41 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to Massdrop
@gamibo Things might change because the announced NEW staff are from outside studios (namely Kyoto Animation). I do think they also need to bring back Chikashi Kubota as a Chief Animation Director for this S3 to have any hope of being good if the director isn't too talented. With that said, Shingo Natsume also said he was disappointed and JC Staff could've done way better and he also nudged to the fact that JC Staff weren't talented lmao so the chances of Shingo Natsume joining S3 is pretty slim but here's to being hopeful i guess.
@Massdrop Sad to disappoint u further but Chikasi Kubota wont be CAD as he is Chief Animation Supervisor for Dragon Ball Daima which will have 16+ episodes so forget about him.He wont be involved,just as S2.I m expecting S2 director to return for S3 or any random inhouse JC Staff employee🙃
Mar 4, 10:45 AM

Mar 2021
gamibo said:
@V1P3R0P You do know that google is free? I didnt want to send u the link but people are lazy so here it is.
https://www.cbr.com/one-punch-man-shingo-natsume-career/#:~:text=When%20asked%20by%20a%20viewer,and%20different%20kind%20of%20things.

He also said he wanted JC Staff to do much more in S2.Should we still not consider JC Staff as villain?

I know that he did say he was expecting more from JC staff and he did say he was interested to direct a second season. but where is the part of him saying "I was never approached by JC staff" as you worded it?

I was right though. He didnt direct season 2 because he was busy with other shows. I mean, thats how the article also has written about it.
However, he didn’t return for a second season, instead choosing to work on slower-paced, more thought-provoking anime like ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. and Boogiepop and Others

Its not that I did not do a google search. I was more interested on how you interpreted some of the things you said, to which I asked you to give me the link of that interview.

The biggest villain was Sueisha and not JC staff.
V1P3R0PMar 4, 11:34 AM
Apr 14, 1:31 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to V1P3R0P
gamibo said:

I know that he did say he was expecting more from JC staff and he did say he was interested to direct a second season. but where is the part of him saying "I was never approached by JC staff" as you worded it?

I was right though. He didnt direct season 2 because he was busy with other shows. I mean, thats how the article also has written about it.
However, he didn’t return for a second season, instead choosing to work on slower-paced, more thought-provoking anime like ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. and Boogiepop and Others

Its not that I did not do a google search. I was more interested on how you interpreted some of the things you said, to which I asked you to give me the link of that interview.

The biggest villain was Sueisha and not JC staff.
@V1P3R0P Bruh..Do u understand english or R u a kid? I literally gave u link to that interview and u still wont READ. I cant believe I have to literally copy paste the exact line from interview for u ------------- " When asked by a viewer what his thoughts were regarding Season 2, his translated answer was: "I personally wanted to do it but this cannot be done just by myself. I’m a freelance director so I cannot do everything I wanted to do so it comes with people, employees -- their lives, and studio and different kind of things. So it’s too bad that we can’t really continue to do it. I wanted J.C. to do way more." Should I tell u what it means or r u sane enuf to understand that he meant he is freelancer so he couldnt force JC Staff to select him as Director and JC staff didnt approach him at all.Shingo being interested to direct S2 already cancels ur theory that Shingo was busy wid other projects thats why he didnt direct OPM S2.Reality is he was interested to direct S2 but JC Staff never approached aka contacted him for any role. Japanese people dont usually say controversial things about companies due to their culture but the fact that Shingo cared so much about One Punch Man that he got emotional and told such thing as JC Staff should have done way more tells that he was pretty disappointed with the fact that he didnt get to direct his passion project OPM S2. I think u got triggered due to that google is free comment so u didnt read the interview properly.

More topics from this board

» God-level animations?

Leon888 - Apr 18

15 by Naveen6662246 »»
Yesterday, 11:29 PM

» Did OPM S1 Sell bad? Why did they lower their quality

Ssjbryando - Mar 7

16 by SapiaNt0mata »»
Apr 17, 2:02 PM

» New Hero Visual (KING)

OvergrownRover - Apr 5

10 by garry001 »»
Apr 7, 12:40 PM

» One punch man Official Website Updated

JericoSan - Apr 2

4 by OvergrownRover »»
Apr 2, 10:53 PM

» animation... ( 1 2 )

monke_guy - Mar 7

97 by monke_guy »»
Mar 31, 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.