Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

(S; G) Isn't it an animation that many people brag about but is actually mediocre?

New
Dec 31, 2023 6:35 AM
Dec 2022
But is the ordinary time-travel animation with some pretentious Settings, but also with a big world view to tell a small pattern of the story, very boring...

It seems that every masterpiece that is widely touted is almost always mediocre. Do the people who tout it really watch nothing but animation? Girls all over the world like Okabe? It's an otaku fantasy, slow pace, too much nonsense. Microwave back in time? Don't you think it's silly?

Naive and arrogant male protagonist, let a person can not bear to look at, Dressed in sci-fi fur, the result is a vulgar fake harem animation

It's hard to imagine this mediocre animation getting such a high rating from (MAL) (ANN)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 31, 2023 6:35 AM
Dec 2022
This garbage anime been in the top five for over a decade
(sgοΌ‰ will you get the fuck out of here? I want to see the new Age fight
Dec 31, 2023 6:46 AM
Dec 2022
I kinda get the frustration of it being overrated especially on this app but I still give it 9/10, it does suffer from quality in ally like realism, world building/setting, and pacing but still has very compelling and interesting concepts within it.
Dec 31, 2023 6:49 AM
Jul 2021
ujl25 said:
But is the ordinary time-travel animation with some pretentious Settings, but also with a big world view to tell a small pattern of the story, very boring...

It seems that every masterpiece that is widely touted is almost always mediocre. Do the people who tout it really watch nothing but animation? Girls all over the world like Okabe? It's an otaku fantasy, slow pace, too much nonsense. Microwave back in time? Don't you think it's silly?

Naive and arrogant male protagonist, let a person can not bear to look at, Dressed in sci-fi fur, the result is a vulgar fake harem animation

It's hard to imagine this mediocre animation getting such a high rating from (MAL) (ANN)

oooooooh look at you, your so different from everyone else because your shitting on a really well received anime. Idc if this is bait, just shush please :)
(and i’m confused at what you trying to say, for the time that animation is extremely good. So if you just don’t like the story or characters then say it, cuz no one can tell me that animation is bad for 2011)
Dec 31, 2023 6:50 AM

Jul 2021
Don't know if it's drugs or mental retardation... Anyway, mash your keyboard to let us know you're alright.
Dec 31, 2023 6:52 AM
Aug 2021
Yeah imo this anime is actually decent. Only the time travel thing makes it better. The whole first half bored me as hell
Dec 31, 2023 6:52 AM
Feb 2022
you have it as a 10?
Dec 31, 2023 6:55 AM
Oct 2022
All that and you still gave it a 10 and have it on your favorites makes sense πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Dec 31, 2023 7:36 AM
Nov 2023
At least this provocation thread from a superior minded edge lord (delusional narcissist?) isn’t using Frieren to trigger as many actual anime fans as possible πŸ˜‚
Dec 31, 2023 7:42 AM
Aug 2017
almost new year, just get a new life bruh don't waste your time
Dec 31, 2023 8:13 AM
Jan 2021
The year ended but the baiting didn't.
Dec 31, 2023 8:22 AM
Jan 2023
play the visual novel
Dec 31, 2023 8:26 AM
Apr 2017
ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?
Dec 31, 2023 8:41 AM
Oct 2015
First off, if you are a native speaker you are not able to clearly articulate your point. If you are not a native speaker, I really wish I understood what you feel is mediocre.

The anime had a plot which obviously went over your head. Kinda feel bad for you because it is an awesome story.
Dec 31, 2023 8:44 AM

Apr 2020
The thing about "ordinary time travel Anime" is this: Most of them suck. And there aren't even a lot.

Steins Gate really stands out.
Dec 31, 2023 8:50 AM
Aug 2020
This clearly sounds like a bait/prank.

The harem part is irrelevant. The story itself is convincing and logical. Its way better than any other time travel stories.
Dec 31, 2023 8:56 AM

Dec 2021
Well, if we are very specifically talking about animation then I don't really think S;G has some sort of masterpiece level of animation. For early 2010s KyoAni and Ufotable have brought some quality animations.

Nevertheless everything else about Steins;Gate is indeed good enough to be widely praised.

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Dec 31, 2023 9:19 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
This bait is genuinely retarded, you could’ve at least rated it a 1 and not have it in your favorites. What are you even trying to do?
Dec 31, 2023 10:17 AM

Dec 2020
Bro it's literally in your favorites, shut up.
Dec 31, 2023 12:44 PM
Mar 2021
ujl25 said:

Okay so for starters assuming this isn’t clickbait (which considering you literally scored it a 10/10 is very likely) I’m not entirely sure who said it had like the greatest animation of all time, because that’s just not true! Most people who like steins;gate like it for the story; even with that said I really do think you’re underestimating how the framing of scenes and usage of color was used in Steins;gate with many unique perspectives which improved the experience of the anime. Perhaps you don’t like White Fox’s animation style, fair enough but like there was definitely a lot of narrative moments that make up for the “ordinary” animation.
Dec 31, 2023 1:42 PM
Aug 2021
I mean, you have completed like 20 shows, so....
Dec 31, 2023 2:12 PM
Feb 2021
ujl25 said:

You scored steins gate a ten and your lowest score for anything is 8. You’ve only got 20 entries. You don’t know good from shit and you don’t know your ass from a hole in the ground.
Dec 31, 2023 2:29 PM

Apr 2022
this what having no life on new years eve does to a person.
Dec 31, 2023 2:31 PM
Apr 2023
Nah when I was suffocating from a nut allergy I thought at least I watched steins gate
Dec 31, 2023 4:46 PM
Mar 2018
I was completely engrossed in it when I watched it, but the more I think about it, the more the "science" and characters (Okabe and Daru in particular) bother me. I still think it's an 8/10 though.

This topic reminded me I was going to finally go back and finish the VN, so thanks for that.
Dec 31, 2023 4:58 PM
Oct 2020
I’m no mathematical genius, but saying this while having Steins gate at a 10/10, it just doesn’t calculate
Okami Yurei
Dec 31, 2023 7:08 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to CottonModem
I was completely engrossed in it when I watched it, but the more I think about it, the more the "science" and characters (Okabe and Daru in particular) bother me. I still think it's an 8/10 though.

This topic reminded me I was going to finally go back and finish the VN, so thanks for that.
@CottonModem OK. Have good time.
After you play (SG) VN. If you like it I think you can try (YU-NO) this is also interesting
Dec 31, 2023 7:17 PM

Jan 2023
OP: calls S;G mediocre and nonsense
Also OP: has S;G in favorites and has it rated as a 10

This is like putting a cube into a circular hole.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Dec 31, 2023 7:24 PM
May 2020
itzswxzy said:
I kinda get the frustration of it being overrated especially on this app but I still give it 9/10, it does suffer from quality in ally like realism, world building/setting, and pacing but still has very compelling and interesting concepts within it.

Are you really saying it suffers from realism… when it’s a story actively not trying to be real
Dec 31, 2023 7:25 PM
May 2020
Waiting for people to see that you have this as a 10/10 and favorited so obviously trolling and joking
Dec 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Jul 2020
bait used to be believable smh
Dec 31, 2023 8:48 PM
Feb 2021
Just give is a negative rating and move on lol
Dec 31, 2023 9:10 PM

Aug 2022
Happy new year bro πŸ•ΊπŸ»

Dec 31, 2023 9:18 PM

Apr 2015
I love when people fall for obvious bait, it never get's old.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Dec 31, 2023 10:57 PM
Jun 2022
Brother I think you forgot to remove it from your favorites before yapping. Your bait looks a lot more obvious like that.
People die if they are killed.

- A wise man
Dec 31, 2023 11:35 PM
Jul 2022
Many people have really liked it for a long time, I’m sorry you didn’t
Jan 1, 1:32 AM

Apr 2020
The story has minimal loopholes and the characters are really memorable and unique. Its adapted from a long visual novel so its impressive that the adaptation is actually good
Jan 1, 2:56 AM
Oct 2021
ujl25 said:
This garbage anime been in the top five for over a decade
(sgοΌ‰ will you get the fuck out of here? I want to see the new Age fight

Still an excelent series, things don't just become worse with time or something. It totally deserves the high rank it has.
Jan 1, 3:00 AM
Dec 2019
aru4l said:
Yeah imo this anime is actually decent. Only the time travel thing makes it better. The whole first half bored me as hell

says the guy that likes CSM
Jan 1, 4:43 AM
Aug 2021
Fredn40 said:
aru4l said:

So if I like csm I can't dislike other anime? lol
One episode of csm is more entertaining than 15 episodes of steins;gate
Jan 1, 5:19 AM
Apr 2021
ujl25 said:

Maybe you lack brain of cells to deal with this anime
Neko_MonJan 6, 2:30 AM
Jan 1, 5:19 AM
Dec 2019
aru4l said:
Fredn40 said:

So if I like csm I can't dislike other anime? lol
One episode of csm is more entertaining than 15 episodes of steins;gate

Yeah, the stuff that happens in 15 episodes of SG happens in 1 episode of CSM, and that's the problem
Jan 1, 6:33 AM
Dec 2022
Streetplosion said:
itzswxzy said:

Are you really saying it suffers from realism… when it’s a story actively not trying to be real

Yeah, it trying to not be real doesn’t dissect it from lack of realism. Story doesn’t need to not try and do X in order to lack said X.
Jan 1, 7:35 AM

Apr 2022
You have it in your favourites?
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Jan 1, 8:00 AM
Oct 2023
ujl25 said:

wait wait wait, first of all steins gate is not known for its animation but the story itself. As you see steins gate is a highly acclaimed masterpiece according to many people. Those things which may seem silly to you are a way the series tries to make itself more understandable for the watchers. like as we know under certain conditions plasma is generated in microwave, so who in the world knows what else can be microwave used for. you see most of the shows simply show us that the characters can travel through time, they don't explain how they just use that very concept of time travel. but steins gate is different, it tries to explain the time travel. one of a kind I would say. yeah the show is slow paced in the start but its understandable as the show was trying to establish its characters and plot and many people consider it boring. but I just loved it too. If you don't like steins gate that's your opinion bro, I just love it. and I respect your opinion.
Jan 1, 8:16 AM
Nov 2020
ujl25 said:

You could just let people enjoy things and accept this series isn’t what you go for. It happens, not every series will resonate with you.
Jan 1, 9:41 AM
Apr 2023
asherkolars said:
you have it as a 10?

So exactly how did you let him bait you and not realize it?
Jan 1, 9:43 AM
Apr 2023
CallMeKoti said:
All that and you still gave it a 10 and have it on your favorites makes sense πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

We can put two and two together right? It’s a troll
Jan 1, 5:13 PM
Jun 2020
kizuyomi said:

The harem part is irrelevant. The story itself is convincing and logical. Its way better than any other time travel stories.

exactly. And animation is not even necessarily “bad” per say. Like bad animation imo is when the animation quality takes away from being able to enjoy or like the show more. I don’t think the animation compromises anything in any way.
Jan 1, 6:12 PM

May 2016
Reply to kizuyomi

@kizuyomi Watch Dark (German series) if you want something in which the time travel aspect is much more crazy
-
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Will we see Steins;Gate at top 1?

biecomaia - Aug 6, 2019

24 by __lulu »»
Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Do you like Steins;Gate? ( 1 2 )

SpinStudios - Jun 22, 2021

67 by __lulu »»
Yesterday, 12:48 PM

» Steins Gate

Certified_retard - Aug 15, 2021

27 by __lulu »»
Yesterday, 12:48 PM

» More steins gate

Wluis3302 - Feb 21, 2022

15 by __lulu »»
Yesterday, 12:47 PM

» To Steins;Gate fans

AKIPOmelette - Oct 3, 2022

26 by __lulu »»
Yesterday, 12:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.