Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think every Anime will be popular if they start with a 90 minute 1st episode?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 9, 2023 10:59 AM

Dec 2020
Jookl said:
DarkFirefly72 said:
I don't mean the reincarnation part, its the context surrounding all of it. *SPOILERS* The guy reincarnates as the son of the idol he basically worships (along with a former patient of his) and then she is murdered and he starts a revenge quest looking for the true culprit. That kind of sounds like a unique premise to me, but I don't know, maybe there is an anime with a similar start.

variation in the reincarnation theme does not make it unique
So no battle shonen is unique because they are all about fighting, right? Worst logic ever. Also no romance is unique because they are all about two people falling in love, and no sports anime is unique because they are all about playing sports. That is one aspect of the story, not the whole thing. Jujutsu Kaisen is very different to FMAB, yet they are both considered a battle shonen.
"Those words are meant for those that dare defy god's final warning... An epigraph of their stubbornness"
- Maho Hiyajo (Steins;Gate 0)
Jun 9, 2023 11:06 AM
Jun 2023
DarkFirefly72 said:
Jookl said:

variation in the reincarnation theme does not make it unique
So no battle shonen is unique because they are all about fighting, right? Worst logic ever. Also no romance is unique because they are all about two people falling in love, and no sports anime is unique because they are all about playing sports. That is one aspect of the story, not the whole thing. Jujutsu Kaisen is very different to FMAB, yet they are both considered a battle shonen.

Cope harder oshi fanboy  it will only make your tears more delicous for me
Jun 9, 2023 11:37 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
No, the secret is to adapt a popular Manga.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 9, 2023 11:56 AM

Jan 2021
I don't like very long first episodes
Jun 9, 2023 12:11 PM

Aug 2020
90min episodes are first and foremost to finish volumes faster. I find it tiring depending of the show. My answer is "maybe?", I would need more personal examples.

Jun 9, 2023 4:09 PM

May 2018
Apolygon2 said:
I'm not exactly a fanboy.

Than stop acting like a fanboy.

Apolygon2 said:
saying anime fans are dogs

I said that they are like dogs - attracted to smelly things. I this case attracted to melodrama.

Apolygon2 said:
does come off as saying "I'm better than everyone else"

If I say I prefer foxes...are those superior or inferior to dogs...because it doesn't matter since it's was a metaphor.
Jun 9, 2023 4:23 PM

Oct 2013
Would anime be more popular if they started with a movie is basically what you're asking....Probably not. Picture a slow burn show, something a lot of people already have trouble getting through, starting with a movie length episode. If Steins;Gate started that way, I would have never even finished the first episode. I had a hard enough time getting through the longer episodes of Hellsing Ultimate, and that was far from a slow burn.
Jun 9, 2023 5:03 PM

Feb 2014
BigMac7 said:
it probably also needs
- Good animation
- Marketable Waifu
- Is a prologue to the rest of the show
- Hard hitting emotional moment

If something like 3 gatsu or monster got a 90 min premier ep no one give a shit because they'd find it too boring
A 90 minutes episode wouldn't work with Monster, but an 80 minutes would, the first 4 episodes are excellent for a Seinen.
Jun 9, 2023 5:45 PM
Oct 2019
I mean... "Re:Zero" is my favorite and it started that way so maybe lol, it'd be cool for adaptions so that way there's more content 
Jun 10, 2023 2:29 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
yoslina said:
I mean... "Re:Zero" is my favorite and it started that way so maybe lol, it'd be cool for adaptions so that way there's more content 

I saw the 1st episode of rezero premiere on TV simultaneously as Japan and almost threw the TV out of the window..

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» any good anime wallpapers or anime wallpaper sites?

KingUmarBashir - Apr 27, 2018

16 by or3nji »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime tropes - yay or nay

JoeChip - Yesterday

18 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
8 minutes ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character?

Shizuna - 5 hours ago

30 by Nirinbo »»
10 minutes ago

» How stylish is your favouite character?

SgtBateMan - Jun 9

17 by or3nji »»
12 minutes ago

» How do people finish anime they consider bad? ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Jun 8

92 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.