Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 7, 2021 11:58 PM
Apr 2021
pjburton said:
honestly the show is decent but I think you yuri fans put way too much emphasis on the yuri aspects. I can tell what will realistically happen A-chan isn't interested in a relationship at all. Fumi, has a crush and all she seems to ever be around is girls so yeah, she is going to crush on a girl. Senpai is just confused after crushing on her MALE teacher and looking for a safe zone, it won't last. The blond chick who is engaged, well she already said it herself at the end of the episode she is just like all the other girls. Too many of you mistake admiration for love. So far, I see a bunch of girls who are in an all girl environment who develop innocent feelings for other girls I don't see any of these relationships at this point being serious in the long term.

So, yes, most of the girls are just crushing on Sugimoto because of their environment. However, Sugimoto and Kyouko are certainly not going through some phase. Sugimoto seems bisexual, more than anything - she has honest feelings for Fumi, and even though she was infatuated with her male teacher in the past, that does not cancel out the present. Sure, she may be confused as to her true feelings, which Fumi has been able to pick up on (wondering about where Sugimoto's love truly lies), but she treats the relationship with Fumi as an actual relationship.

As for Kyouko: she mentioned in a previous episode that her engagement was in name only. Her true feelings are toward Sugimoto. Most of the girls crushing on Sugimoto would not be so invested were their feelings to be rejected; Kyouko, on the other hand, has been processing it since episode two / three (which could be weeks or months from the current point, considering they rehearsed a full play). Such feelings are not just admiration. What she meant by being like all the other girls is how Sugimoto views her: Sugimoto does not see her romantically so much as just another fan.

Fumi is a lesbian. This is not because of her environment. She is undoubtedly a lesbian. Of course, she hardly has contact with males of any sort, but she HAS had sexual relations with one woman in the past.
Oct 31, 2021 7:07 AM

Jun 2016
The time for the play is fast approaching, and the wonderful youth continue to fawn after one another.

I think I'd care a bit more about the Sugimoto/Kyouko situation a bit more if the proper context between their relationship was established. I don't know if it said this in any previous eps, but to me, it's simply a younger student wanting a relationship with an older student. Maybe there's more to it than they've explained. Oh well.

Apr 3, 2022 8:08 PM

Jun 2014
Kyouko is still having a hard time getting over Sugimoto, and Fumi is getting jealous over seeing other girls fawning over Sugimoto.

How will the play go?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MRLX69 - Jul 1, 2009

129 by hagukoko »»
Mar 14, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fugles - Sep 9, 2009

127 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 7, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starrysky - Aug 12, 2009

65 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 6, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireReaverX - Jul 15, 2009

74 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 5, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2009

80 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.