Forum Settings
Forums

Why do people watch anime they know they won't like?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 27, 2022 10:17 AM

Aug 2009
I don't do that. Why would I willingly waste my time?

Sep 27, 2022 10:34 AM
Nov 2020
People say they do this so that their argument and criticism towards fans is more justified. After all, if you've watched the entire show, you'd have more credibility than someone who just noped out on the first episode. But then this begs the question of why go through this much time and effort just so you can properly argue with the fans. For example, I hated and dropped Osamake so there's zero sense finishing the anime and reading the LNs just so I can tell its fans that their favorite show sucks.
Sep 27, 2022 1:30 PM

Apr 2015
Uninformed critique is the worst kind.
Sep 27, 2022 1:38 PM

Apr 2022
3 scenarios

A person watches something (anything) they don't like to rate it because they are soulless golems.

A person watches something they don't like just to shit on it because they will never be loved and are bored.

A person watches something he/she/attack helicopter thinks (they'll) enjoy. It ends up being shit, mediocre or lacking. They ask other people (online) where it went wrong. Other people become offended. OP (kek animes? animememes?) makes a topic about "why you no like thing?" Cycle of life.
LoveScopeSep 27, 2022 1:46 PM
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Sep 27, 2022 1:42 PM

Apr 2015
Guilty pleasure. I just like to watch some trash.

Or maybe something start interesting and become a trainwreck, but i reach to far to drop.
Sep 29, 2022 11:57 PM

Jan 2021
I used to do it just to try out different things, but I quit

It's just a waste of time
Sep 30, 2022 12:29 AM

Jul 2022
Literally for the experience. Also to flex on people if they question your seriousness towards this hobby. The more anime you watch, the more you can say that you are an expert at judging one's taste. For example if someone told me that they were a Clannad fan, I would approve of that because the show is good. If they told me that Boku no Pico was hot material, I would roast them hard and make them question their life existence. In the end it just comes down to the experience and opinions based on watching anime.
Sep 30, 2022 8:55 AM

Nov 2008
*You hate the synopsis of a show, but there's this really cute/cool/badass character in the promo art that you're curious about.

*You're part of an anime club and they vote to watch shows that you don't like. Since you have nothing better to do on your Wednesday nights, you stick around and grin and bear it.

*Back in the 90's, you'd have to share TV time with your younger sibling, and unfortunately for you, their allotted time also happened to be the time Pokemon was airing.

*You're curious about the famous trainwrecks of anime that have become memes.

*In the pre-Internet days, you were bored and generic battle shonen was all you could find on TV.
Sep 30, 2022 9:21 AM

Apr 2020
It's called guilty pleasure I know because I watch bad anime from time to time plus the phrase ''it's so bad that it's good'' is so true sometimes.
Sep 30, 2022 9:36 AM
Jan 2022
My answer would be like dunkey..
It because you give a change to something you dont like and you might find something in it to like.
Even though im not sure that it was exactly sure that this was quote on quote but whatever
Sep 30, 2022 9:41 AM

Nov 2016
Some people don't have anything to waste time other than watching anime.

This hobbies can be addictive, even more so with the kind of accessibility that it has nowadays.
Sep 30, 2022 3:11 PM

Sep 2022
People like to suggest shows that deserve to be flushed, burned or thrown out in the trash. I would complain too if I was made to watch a terrible boring anime show instead of a hot, racy, arousing hentai and falsely led to believe that I would be entertained.
That's just my opinion.
Sep 30, 2022 6:15 PM

Feb 2021
I had a guess that Demon Slayer would be boring just from its trailer. I gave it a watch and yeah, 6 episodes in it was the most generic shounen anime I've ever watched since Naruto.

So to answer your question, I just want to see if I'm right or wrong.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 30, 2022 6:35 PM

Mar 2019
Well because you could like it you know. Even if you know that you won't like something, there's always a chance that some sort of amusement can be gained. Or I guess you could just be a very acrimonious person.
KumiveneellaSep 30, 2022 6:38 PM
Sep 30, 2022 6:49 PM

Oct 2013
I don't anyone ever really "knows" without actually watching something. They just assume they won't like it, which can feel the same as "knowing" something, but it's not the same. Like how I assumed I wouldn't like Basquash, because even though I like giants robots, I don't really care about basketball in the slightest. And I was fucking wrong.

Or a better example, March Comes In Like a Lion, which I liked well enough despite it being the exact opposite of what I usually watch.
FanofActionSep 30, 2022 6:52 PM
Sep 30, 2022 7:42 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Because wasting time is something they like to do, some of them also do it because they want to be a wannabe critic.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 30, 2022 7:49 PM
Sep 2022
I think for certain individuals, even when they know they won't like a particular series, they can't help giving into the curiosity of wanting to check it out, to get a surefire feeling of certainty that it isn't to their liking.
Sep 30, 2022 8:07 PM

Jan 2018
Tags and synopsis don't mean shit and can be misleading
Oct 1, 2022 8:28 AM

Apr 2008
How do I know I won't like something unless I try and watch it for myself....can't always judge something just by the picture and the information on it alone. If I don't like it, I will just drop it and not waste my time.
Oct 1, 2022 11:11 PM
Sep 2021
A. I might end up liking it
B. I dont feel like I can truly give my opinion on it unless I've seen it
Oct 2, 2022 9:42 AM

May 2022
To give it a chance to change my mind. Also, how can you talk shit about something you don't even watched, so...
Who is gonna carry the boats and the logs? — David Goggins
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Would you sacrifice your favorite anime in exchange for that your waifu will become real?

Spunkert - 42 minutes ago

9 by Icymatika »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 8 hours ago

29 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
7 minutes ago

» If you lived in the world of your favorite series, would you be happier or not?

Shizuna - Yesterday

22 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
10 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

731 by UberBat »»
17 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

139 by DigiCat »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.