Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 4, 9:04 PM
Mar 2016
Kind of drawn out/repetitive at times but it did have its thrilling moments and compelling story.
May 1, 4:43 AM

Dec 2022
Pretty dark stuff and also a bit slow but I'm sure it'll get faster.

May 31, 9:44 PM

Aug 2014
It was ok but I expect much more from the story.. I hope it won't be 74 episodes about operations and doctors ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 1, 6:58 PM

Jul 2021
A nice start to a series that I've heard is one of a kind from an author who has brought us many amazing series from Monster to Pluto. I've heard a lot of praise about Naoki Urasawa and I'm happy to finally be diving into his work.

This first episode was quite entertaining with plenty of great moments. I really like are main character doctor Tenma. This episode may have been slow but it really showed us some dark themes with the director picking and choosing who Tenma operates on, even when hes about to operate on someone the director calls on him to operate on someone else such as a politician.

Throughout this episode I really enjoyed the atmosphere that is portrayed throughout, the darkness of it all is really nice and the animation helps with the atmosphere. The animation is also very solid for its time.

Im glad Tenma chose to operate on the boy instead.

I cant wait to watch the next ep.

Jun 3, 4:06 AM

Oct 2021
now that's what i expect from an anime.. a compelling story from the first episode itself. we got a brief introduction of every character. i would say it is pretty nice paced story for what it's trying to achieve i guess.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Trie - Mar 9, 2008

124 by _Einzbern_ »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 30 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Trie - Mar 8, 2008

178 by _Einzbern_ »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

630 by Sapewloth »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

176 by Sapewloth »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aznixiboy - Apr 9, 2008

99 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Today, 12:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.