Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 7, 11:03 AM

Feb 2020
"The most overrated characters that everyone loves"

Levi, Rem, and Luffy.
May 7, 11:14 AM

Sep 2016
Levi overrated? Crazy taste for real.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 7, 11:23 AM

Feb 2024
Lelouch is clearly overrated: his "smart play" is super dumb.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 7, 12:56 PM

Aug 2020
The most overrated overrated that everyone finds overrated.

May 7, 1:19 PM
Mar 2017
Reply to HamAndBacon
How can you hate Luffy he’s just a guy you would hang out with
@HamAndBacon rightttt ? I’ve liked him for 18 years and I’m only 22!
May 7, 1:23 PM
Mar 2017
Reply to spectrojan
!?!?! Zoro is on this list???? What? Luffy - I can understand if some people find him annoying or call him a "typical shounen protagonist" although I would disagree, I have never heard a single soul in my life say that "You know what, bro, Zoro fine and shit, but he do be a lil overrated tho" like no never happened, Zoro is far, far, far from being an overrated character. He's not underrated either, he's exactly where he deserves to be.

Also, if you're gonna add popular characters to your poll, add the top 10, not just the ones from the top 10 that you personally don't get the hype for. No Elric/Gintoki/Light/L/Okabe?

Light and Gintoki are fucking fantastic, I doubt either of them would be highly voted on this poll, Elric is hmmm not bad, but I do remember finding him pretty annoying and glaringly unfunny. L? Did L have any charismatic personality traits besides being exceptionally deductive and intelligent? Don't tell me you liked all his weird quirks like his sitting posture and shit because that's a weak ass reason to call his character good or interesting. Okabe is okay ig, kinda feels like Subaru where you pity his circumstances more than you like the dude. His chunibyo shit is fun yet kinda embarrassing tbh
@spectrojan i second everything you said with great seconding ( i don’t even think that’s a word ) tho I love okabe for his great persistence of saving both kris and his childhood friend
May 8, 11:26 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to spectrojan
I was pleasantly surprised to see Levi leading the poll, I thought it'd definitely be Rem
@spectrojan Funnily enough, Rem actually is leading a poll
May 9, 11:21 AM

Jul 2010
Levi, reminds me when the first season of AoT was airing and he had 5 minutes of screen time during the whole season and broke all the records. Probably it's cool to add edgy characters in favorites. Also I always found very annoying difference of popularity between Kira and L.
Vampire_LordMay 9, 11:38 AM
May 9, 6:04 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Sinbad. Hate how people who read Magi in recent years only focus on him and ignore the rest of the characters. Only powerlevel wankers and horny fangirls like Sinbad. Only good thing about him is his sexy body anyways.
May 10, 3:03 PM

Jan 2021
I don't fw with Gojo, why so many people like him?

Only thing he has is cool character design
May 10, 10:03 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Gilgameshuu
Rem is the least interesting and most stupid character in Re:Zero, and that's coming from someone who is a huge fan of the series. I legit did not understand why she became so popular.
@Gilgameshuu episode 18. that's most likely where her popularity skyrocketed
May 10, 10:13 PM
Jul 2018
All the ones you mentioned. I don't get the appeal of characters with mass appeal. I like flawed ones thank you.
May 10, 10:22 PM

May 2018
Reply to LeonhartAugust
Sinbad. Hate how people who read Magi in recent years only focus on him and ignore the rest of the characters. Only powerlevel wankers and horny fangirls like Sinbad. Only good thing about him is his sexy body anyways.
@LeonhartAugust I haaaaaated sinbad's character so much, he's such a damn narcissist. and I don't usually care about anime characters like that
can't yuck my yum

May 10, 11:35 PM
Aug 2021
Most of the demon slayer characters. Their personalities are simply just shouting, so after a while it got on my nerves.
May 11, 12:11 AM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@LeonhartAugust I haaaaaated sinbad's character so much, he's such a damn narcissist. and I don't usually care about anime characters like that
@NoelleIsSleepy Magi fangirls back in 2016-2017 would defend each and every action of his while tearing apart other characters who did far less (it’s okay when sinbad wrongs the entire cast in the final arc but a woman in his spinoff brainwashing him? Unforgivable.)

It’s one of the most insane fandom-related takes I’ve ever seen in my life, no joke.
LeonhartAugustMay 11, 12:17 AM
May 11, 12:47 AM

Nov 2016
Overall, definitely Lelouch although Gojo is very quickly getting there
May 11, 7:46 AM
Apr 2024
My pick is the sister of the character who has most amount of votes on this poll. Rem's elder sister Ram. Say what you will about Rem, but I barely see her sister as any better. She literally has stockholm syndrome over a lunatic. Plus, she's an egotistical bitch who isn't good at anything. Yeah, she's crippled because she lost her horn (which puts her life at risk, causes her immense agony, and could potentially die without mana), but she can't even make tea. Tea takes 5 minutes to make. It's not that tiring or draining. Plus, her behavior is really annoying even in arc 2. Subaru literally questions why she's putting on Roswaal's clothes on for him when he can do it by himself, and her response? She gets pissed off and threatens to physically punish him if he does that shit again. Yes. She threatened him because he was right. It wasn't even like he was insulting Roswaal. It would be one thing if the man was crippled or injured, but he's 100% fine. So, that's one part of her pettiness. Plus, in episode 7, after Rem dies from the curse, Subaru is asked if he knows anything, but he can't say anything due to return by death. Granted, I'm not pissed at her for getting suspicious of Subaru. I'm pissed at how she handled it. Granted, I do understand in a way. Your sister died, you're not exactly the most rational since you're still suffering immense grief and pain from losing someone who is extremely important to you (not to mention that this just happened) and someone is being awfully quiet about it, but sees threatens him to speak up if he knows something, then she fires an attack that had it not been for Beatrice, would've killed him instantly. The warning shot isn't what bothers me (the one where she scratches his cheek), but she fired an attack that would've killed him RIGHT AFTER SHE ORDERS HIM TO COUGH UP ANY INFO HE HAS. She doesn't even give him a chance to speak after she threatens. There's irrational, but then there's stupidity. Plus, her relationship with Rem is really fucked up. In the light novels, Roswaal and Ram were having a conversation in arc 2, where Ram referred to herself and Rem about being his pawns. She sees her OWN LITTLE SISTER as a pawn for someone else, and she doesn't feel any sort of guilt or shame about saying it. Sister of the year, ladies and gentleman.
May 31, 9:28 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to Megaman-is-hard1
@spectrojan Funnily enough, Rem actually is leading a poll
@Megaman-is-hard1 well it's been 4 years since my comment lol
This anime shit is addictive
May 31, 9:46 AM

Aug 2020
The whole OrEkI eDgELorD cringewagon is hilarious.

Jun 1, 5:50 AM
Sep 2022
I guess Luffy for me, he did nothing wrong, but I just don't like One Piece that much.
Jun 1, 6:31 AM
Aug 2022
Only watched hxh and aot from this list. I dont like levi because he is too stoic. Its like his entire character trait is being strong and badass

Killua is great
Jun 1, 6:36 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to TierraRobada
Ayanokouji and Oreki , whoa so pretentious edgelord who think they are king in their own world lmao lol
@TierraRobada I am glad you didn't include sakuta. People tend to involve him with ayanokoji, oreki etc when he is nothing like them
Jun 1, 6:38 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to sonofbatmanrp13
The edge quartet whom every teenager relates to.
Ayanokouji Kiyataka,Hikigaya Hachiman,Oreki Houtauro & Azusagawa Sakuta.

I'm not going to put effort into talking to people and make friends.I'm gonna make philosophical ideologies about why the society and it's norm sucks.How every person except me is a superficial person trying to score brownie points.I'm always a loner and nobody cares for me even though I have girls who love me to death.But I must act as the outcast because it's cool.

Even though Oreki ditches his gimmick after a few episodes.I don't like his idea that everything is a bother to do.
@sonofbatmanrp13 Sakuta is not like the others in my opinion. I also dont like him for the reasons you mentioned
Jun 1, 6:48 AM
Nov 2016
My pick is the sister of the character who has most amount of votes on this poll. Rem's elder sister Ram. Say what you will about Rem, but I barely see her sister as any better. She literally has stockholm syndrome over a lunatic. Plus, she's an egotistical bitch who isn't good at anything. Yeah, she's crippled because she lost her horn (which puts her life at risk, causes her immense agony, and could potentially die without mana), but she can't even make tea. Tea takes 5 minutes to make. It's not that tiring or draining. Plus, her behavior is really annoying even in arc 2. Subaru literally questions why she's putting on Roswaal's clothes on for him when he can do it by himself, and her response? She gets pissed off and threatens to physically punish him if he does that shit again. Yes. She threatened him because he was right. It wasn't even like he was insulting Roswaal. It would be one thing if the man was crippled or injured, but he's 100% fine. So, that's one part of her pettiness. Plus, in episode 7, after Rem dies from the curse, Subaru is asked if he knows anything, but he can't say anything due to return by death. Granted, I'm not pissed at her for getting suspicious of Subaru. I'm pissed at how she handled it. Granted, I do understand in a way. Your sister died, you're not exactly the most rational since you're still suffering immense grief and pain from losing someone who is extremely important to you (not to mention that this just happened) and someone is being awfully quiet about it, but sees threatens him to speak up if he knows something, then she fires an attack that had it not been for Beatrice, would've killed him instantly. The warning shot isn't what bothers me (the one where she scratches his cheek), but she fired an attack that would've killed him RIGHT AFTER SHE ORDERS HIM TO COUGH UP ANY INFO HE HAS. She doesn't even give him a chance to speak after she threatens. There's irrational, but then there's stupidity. Plus, her relationship with Rem is really fucked up. In the light novels, Roswaal and Ram were having a conversation in arc 2, where Ram referred to herself and Rem about being his pawns. She sees her OWN LITTLE SISTER as a pawn for someone else, and she doesn't feel any sort of guilt or shame about saying it. Sister of the year, ladies and gentleman.
@Megaman-is-hard1 you're right but Ram is not that popular and most novel readers complain about her relationship with Roswaal, Rem is definitely more overrated.
Jun 1, 2:59 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to JP88
@Megaman-is-hard1 you're right but Ram is not that popular and most novel readers complain about her relationship with Roswaal, Rem is definitely more overrated.
@JP88 Really? I thought Ram was generally well-liked. Whenever I see most overrated characters, whenever they mention Rem, they always follow by saying "Ram is better and more interesting"
Jun 1, 3:03 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to spectrojan
@Megaman-is-hard1 well it's been 4 years since my comment lol
@spectrojan ik, but things change in 4 years. Not a slight change since she was second, but it's something, right?
Jun 23, 1:15 PM
Jan 2024
@Sonic_Helper_ I don't see why not.
@Megaman-is-hard1 You think Shadow from Sonic X is overrated?
Jun 23, 5:49 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Sonic_Helper_
@Megaman-is-hard1 You think Shadow from Sonic X is overrated?
@Sonic_Helper_ Well, i don't remember much about sonic x, so I don't really have an opinion on Shadow from the anime
Jun 23, 10:38 PM
Jan 2024
Who thinks Shadow the Hedgehog from Sonic X is overrated, even if I love him? Does he count as an overrated anime (and game) character?
Jun 23, 10:51 PM

Oct 2013
I think the most overrated character is the one who keeps asking about what the most overrated thing is. Never got why people where into them.
Jun 23, 11:22 PM
Oct 2023
Itachi be like, you are already in my Genjutsu and just posting this forum in your mind🤣🤣,,, in the list Itachi >>>> than any charcter
Jun 30, 6:12 AM
Apr 2024
You know what, I'm going with Rem.
"Her backstory episode was good, but afterward she just lost what made her interesting as a character because her unhealthy obsession with Subaru is portrayed as something cute and pure."
Someone made this statement about Rem on a different post, and I agree with it. After she falls in love with Subaru, she idolizes and copies his heroic personality. When Subaru simps for Emilia, it's a bad thing, but when Rem simps for Subaru, it gets rewarded. Despite calling him pathetic once, she puts him on a pedestal and gets rewarded for it because she labels him the greatest hero in the world, even though she has known him for less than a year, as opposed to her sister whom she's known since birth. I get that Subaru saved her and helped her with her inferiority complex, but the greatest hero in the world? Sounds naive if you ask me. Plus, the anime paints her in a much more mature light than in the ln. 1. Subaru agreed to let her be his second wife, meaning she never got rejected. 2. She faked her death and emotionally manipulated Subaru for him to get confess his love for her (yet people want to say she isn't obsessed with Subaru because of "From Zero" even though no normal person would do something as fucked up as that). Not to mention, most of her flaws get toned down in the anime. In the ln, she writes about him and Ram in her journal, she almost licks his drool while he's sleeping, sniffs his underwear, and nearly rapes him. She watches this guy sleep, and yet her love is more pure than Subaru's love for Emilia? She acts more of a creep than Subaru does. Need I bring up her watching him sleep?
Megaman-is-hard1Jun 30, 6:20 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» All the anime you watched / intend to watch just for ONE THING

IpreferEcchi - Jun 29

6 by IpreferEcchi »»
6 minutes ago

» Did anime waifus evolve or Regressed since the 90s

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

15 by Thy-Veseveia »»
13 minutes ago

» Terminator: The Anime Series | Official Announcement

deg - Nov 11, 2023

46 by deg »»
13 minutes ago

» Enjoying completely diffrent things

Cielord - 9 hours ago

40 by zombie_pegasus »»
14 minutes ago

» Comment anime characters you would sort into the following categories: Would be Happy if you saw them INDOORS (your house), OUTDOORS (front or back yard), SOMEWHERE ELSE, or Not at all.

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

1 by IpreferEcchi »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.