Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2009 4:35 PM
Apr 2008
Okay, Mao is now some sort of a Russian flying squirrel, Hei lost his abilities, Suou can spawn a PTRD from her Meteor Core and spawn 14.5x114mm rounds in her pocket. The depiction of Suou, a middle schooler, firing the PTRD, an anti-tank rifle, at hip without any significant knockback makes me facepalm (I'd say that she would fly up and drop the rifle, but who cares about physics).

In all seriousness, this series has gone to the shits. I'll just pretend that DtB ended at the end of the first season, however I will continue to watch this series as I'm just curious.
Oct 23, 2009 4:36 PM

Sep 2009
4kicks said:
...Hei turned soft and became a drunk bum.

On the contrary, I think Hei was thinking for Suou while she was going to kill her former friend. Remember what she said when Hei had her tied up? That people shouldn't have to die or some similar jibber jabber? She started to cry as she was about to kill her friend, Hei stopped her to prevent her from scarring herself by going against her own morality.

Or at least, that's how I view it.

Just defending the fact that Hei's pretty hardcore. He killed April without hesitation, and she was pretty defenseless at the time.

@Above post: Don't forget that people as contractors can use magic and summon lightning with their powers. I don't think a little girl firing a PTRD that she materialized is too far of a stretch when you've got people coating themselves in earth, using lightsabers and able to magically spawn SPAS12s from the inside of their coat.
Oct 23, 2009 4:37 PM

Jun 2009
Meh_93 said:
So, apparently Hei hates Yin now.......I;m sure we'll see why pretty soon. And anyone notice all the bodies in the background with Yin? Looked like a pretty big fight.

So far, I;m liking the new season, but I miss the old Hei, hopefully he'll be back and Mao will go back to being a cat, I don't really like the Sugar Glider or Flying Squirrel he is.

No he doesn't. The preview is cutted up into scenes, its not all following a chronological order.
To KILL"Her" probabaly refering to another woman that led to Yin's death.
-
SigH*
First, Amber, now Yin T_T
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Oct 23, 2009 4:39 PM
Aug 2009
I don't know... I will not give up hope for this anime! I just have a few things that annoy me.

1. For some reason Hei doesn't grab my attention and has become a bleh/ meh character.
2. The absence of Yin.
3. Hei's power is gone! NOOOO
4. Mao is no longer a cat.
5. Suou's power is awakened by anger/stress....Forgive me but talk about overused.

I just don't feel the Darker than Black spirit. :(
Oct 23, 2009 4:41 PM
Apr 2008
JonathanDC said:
4kicks said:
...Hei turned soft and became a drunk bum.

On the contrary, I think Hei was thinking for Suou while she was going to kill her former friend. Remember what she said when Hei had her tied up? That people shouldn't have to die or some similar jibber jabber? She started to cry as she was about to kill her friend, Hei stopped her to prevent her from scarring herself by going against her own morality.

Or at least, that's how I view it.

Just defending the fact that Hei's pretty hardcore. He killed April without hesitation, and she was pretty defenseless at the time.

@Above post: Don't forget that people as contractors can use magic and summon lightning with their powers. I don't think a little girl firing a PTRD that she materialized is too far of a stretch when you've got people coating themselves in earth, using lightsabers and able to magically spawn SPAS12s from the inside of their coat.
Yeah, you do have a point and I've thought about it. I'm just pointing out how nothing has to make sense for an anime, ever.
Oct 23, 2009 4:43 PM

Feb 2009
I don't think the I will kill her was directed to Yin since they put it in the quotations. It was horrible what happened to Nika, it was the first time of all the deaths that I thought was gross when the blood leaked out. That was so sad.

Suou having that big ass gun is kind of weird to me, I don't really get it haha. I wish she would have a gun so she could like jump around all badass and such. Oh well, it was still pretty cool. I love her remuneration, folding origami.
o genki desu ka
Oct 23, 2009 4:46 PM

Sep 2009
Very true, HappyPear. In my opinion, that's half the allure of anime. Being realistic is fully optional. :D
Oct 23, 2009 4:56 PM

May 2007
Okay wow... so much happened... Suou became a contractor with a huge rifle gun thing... wtf. x___x AND OMG MAO! You're alive... even though you're inside that Pecha thing XDD Hopefully he'll find a better form than that thing, it's fcking creepy. XDD But yeah... and Hei... why do you want to kill Yin? Or is it someone else you want to kill? :x

Also, Kirihara is still stalking him lololol. Love it. :)

Oct 23, 2009 4:57 PM
Aug 2009
On a completely separate issue, does anyone think that the abundance of characters and the ambiguity is taken a little to far? We have hundreds of things going on and not one solid motive of something other than this might have something to do with a meteor fragment.

Also, if Suou becomes some uber unbeatable contractor I will be very disappointed.
Oct 23, 2009 5:04 PM

Nov 2007
A new contractor is born. Also yay for Misaki Kirihara.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 23, 2009 5:07 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode. Loved it when Suou used the rifle.

Anyone know name of the insert song? (during train scene)
Oct 23, 2009 5:10 PM

Sep 2009
ahuman said:
On a completely separate issue, does anyone think that the abundance of characters and the ambiguity is taken a little to far? We have hundreds of things going on and not one solid motive of something other than this might have something to do with a meteor fragment.

Also, if Suou becomes some uber unbeatable contractor I will be very disappointed.

Welllll~

For every new character that gets tossed in, like two die, so I think it's fine. About the storyline... It is a little veiled, but that's a double edged sword. I like it, I enjoy the mystery and having to solve the storyline. For others, it can irritating because they'd rather just enjoy a series at face value. Honestly, depends on what your tastes are.

'bout Suou... so long as someone gets close enough, she's kinda boned. Strong point as it stands is range. All they'd have to do is get around the shots and get close enough to attack. She doesn't seem to be physically quicker or stronger, just able to create a giant sniper rifle.

Now, if she can start materializing other weapons and stuff, then she my be pretty tough to handle, although it seems she's going to remain at human ability in terms of speed and strength.

But then again, they've got some tough opposition, what with the lightsaber bamf and Mr I-can-become-whatever-element-I-touch. Plus, that bunch has some unique tech. I mean, if they have crap that allows them to zap contractors powers away, I'm sure they'll have some other tricks up their sleeves. I see nothing wrong as it stands, and I'm sure they'll enlighten us next week.

And then confuse us some more.
Oct 23, 2009 5:26 PM
Aug 2009
JonathanDC said:
ahuman said:

Welllll~

For every new character that gets tossed in, like two die, so I think it's fine. About the storyline... It is a little veiled, but that's a double edged sword. I like it, I enjoy the mystery and having to solve the storyline. For others, it can irritating because they'd rather just enjoy a series at face value. Honestly, depends on what your tastes are.

'bout Suou... so long as someone gets close enough, she's kinda boned. Strong point as it stands is range. All they'd have to do is get around the shots and get close enough to attack. She doesn't seem to be physically quicker or stronger, just able to create a giant sniper rifle.

Now, if she can start materializing other weapons and stuff, then she my be pretty tough to handle, although it seems she's going to remain at human ability in terms of speed and strength.

But then again, they've got some tough opposition, what with the lightsaber bamf and Mr I-can-become-whatever-element-I-touch. Plus, that bunch has some unique tech. I mean, if they have crap that allows them to zap contractors powers away, I'm sure they'll have some other tricks up their sleeves. I see nothing wrong as it stands, and I'm sure they'll enlighten us next week.

And then confuse us some more.

I actually do like the kind of story that you unwrap as you go and ponder as to what happens next. As it stands I am not unhappy with whats going on, however there is something that nags me about it that I have been trying to figure out. Possibly the ambiguity or possibly the fact that it seems that Hei has taken 10 steps back from the end of season 1. Doesn't it seem that his human side that they spent so long proving that it was there is now gone?

Either way we can only wait and see what happens next.
Oct 23, 2009 5:58 PM

Oct 2009
NoyaChan said:
and Hei... why do you want to kill Yin? Or is it someone else you want to kill? :x

He does not want to kill her, he wants to kill the woman who caused all this. Many people have it confused. Hei blames himself for what happened to Yin is what I think.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 23, 2009 6:11 PM

Apr 2008
woo ... Kirihara =D

so July joined Hei ?!

Oct 23, 2009 6:55 PM

Apr 2007
The look on my face when I realized Petra is Mao...

hobo hentai hei oji-san is my hero
Oct 23, 2009 6:57 PM

Sep 2009
lol is this serious? anti-tank guns come out of the pendants? o.O
Oct 23, 2009 6:57 PM

Sep 2009
Oh come on, how dare they take Hei's power away? I think Suou has it now... along with Mao's power as well maybe? I was hoping Suou would be like Kirihara, who isn't a contractor but gets involved in the whole mess.
Oct 23, 2009 7:00 PM

Jan 2009
kerobear said:
Meh_93 said:
So, apparently Hei hates Yin now.......I;m sure we'll see why pretty soon. And anyone notice all the bodies in the background with Yin? Looked like a pretty big fight.

So far, I;m liking the new season, but I miss the old Hei, hopefully he'll be back and Mao will go back to being a cat, I don't really like the Sugar Glider or Flying Squirrel he is.

No he doesn't. The preview is cutted up into scenes, its not all following a chronological order.
To KILL"Her" probabaly refering to another woman that led to Yin's death.

I just re-watched that part and it wasn't in the preview, it was at the very end. But when Mao asked where Yin was, Hie said "Yin...I'll kill "her" "

So I guess it might be some other person, but it might actually be that he doesn't like her.
Oct 23, 2009 7:02 PM

Oct 2009
MM805 said:
hobo hentai hei oji-san is my hero

Haha, best name ever xD You just made my day :D
Oct 23, 2009 7:04 PM

Jul 2008
is it just me or is suou's power more akin to being in a state of moratorium?
Since she awakens her powers unconsciously and she doesnt seem to do anything that she intends to do while using her powers.

Also.. how do we knows hei lost his powers as opposed to him not using it since the giant bubble thing?

Oct 23, 2009 7:06 PM

Dec 2008
Overall it was a nice action packed episode, and i'm glad were still getting more intel on Yin.

My only complaint was Mao's squirrel form being completely out of his charcater, and Hei with a machine gun just really doesn't seem right.
Oct 23, 2009 7:48 PM

Sep 2007
dxthegreat said:
Also.. how do we knows hei lost his powers as opposed to him not using it since the giant bubble thing?
He tried "invoking" his power a few times and there was like...a brief pause in the action....then the screen would show Hei twisting his face a little or something.
Towards the end-there was a moment where he was looking at this hand with a "WTH?!" look.

GAWD....I want them to explain more detailed what happened to Hei AND/OR give him back his powers soon!
No power Hei makes me saaaad...very saaad ;-;

Ha....wow....I guess several people called it. Mao is the squirrel....well at least I'm more happy I held on to the thought he wasn't back but then he really was! Compared to expecting him to be back (then per chance getting really disappointed if he didn't come back)

You know...honestly I'm not liking all the "new" contractors at all....also I feel like there seem to be too many of them running all over the place....I'm getting so confused with their side gags and all.....

I liked seeing Kirihara again! She's giving off "I like Hei vibes"...seriously. =O
More screentime for her plz!
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Oct 23, 2009 7:59 PM

Jun 2009
I liked the atmosphere in season 1 better. Good thing that it looks like next episode and onwards will be more like season 1 :D Episode was awesome, can see the Hei x Suou doujins coming up.
Oct 23, 2009 8:11 PM

May 2009
Mao is back! :)

Suou's transformation and then July's appearance and sudden teamwork with her was pretty crazy. Wonder what's going on with that...

Hei is pretty changed. Probably because of whatever happened with Yin. And now he's lost his powers too =(

The OP makes me think that Nika could still be alive, but we know that stuff in the op doesn't actually happen in the show, and it could be something reminiscent of the past anyway.

All in all a good episode, but one that brings up a lot of questions without really answering anything.
Oct 23, 2009 9:02 PM

Jul 2008
Man, I love this stuff. Hei using a gun was pretty surprising, I can't remember if he used one the in the last series, but I've been doubting it. Does his star disappearing mean he lost his power. Even if he did lose his power, I can see him fitting into some type of badass mentoring role. It was good to see me some Kirihara, albeit only in the end, but these things have to come in small doses. Suou has an awesome power, but I thought that he was going to go SSJ.

Oh and Mao is that damn squirrel.
Oct 23, 2009 9:08 PM

Sep 2009
ahuman said:
I actually do like the kind of story that you unwrap as you go and ponder as to what happens next. As it stands I am not unhappy with whats going on, however there is something that nags me about it that I have been trying to figure out. Possibly the ambiguity or possibly the fact that it seems that Hei has taken 10 steps back from the end of season 1. Doesn't it seem that his human side that they spent so long proving that it was there is now gone?

Either way we can only wait and see what happens next.

It seems like he has taken steps back, but I do think they're actually developing his human emotions. But instead of focusing on the positive emotions, they're focusing on his negative human emotions.

It seems that something's obviously traumatized Hei. He's sad, alone and angry, drowning himself in booze to forget whatever happened to Yin. Contractors are just cold and rational and wouldn't even be phased by the death of a comrade. To drink because of it would seem stupid to a regular contractor.

Plus, remember Hei's emotional outburts when Suou accused him of being a heartless murderer? He's being human, but he's sorta messed up. I'm sure he'll come out of his shell because of Suou and her goody-goody nature later on. Also probably once he comes to terms/avenges Yin.

@dxthegreat: That's a really good possibility... but she was taking directions from July, and she did hesitate to shoot Tanya a second time, which shows two things: Human nature in the form of mercy during her hesitation and the logical rationale of contractors when taking directions from July. If she was a Moratorium, I think she'd have ignored his directions and potentially even attacked him. I think she's just a conflicted contractor borrowing powers from Hei.

I'll also mention it again; I think Hei had his powers sapped by the forcefield thing in episode 2. Since Suou broke it with the Meteor Fragment before the forcefield finished whatever it was doing, Hei's powers will *most likely* come back in a little.

Some people are saying Suou is stealing Hei's powers... I think she's just borrowing *one* of them. Pai had more than one power, and it's been said that Hei is using only one of her powers. Suou's probably borrowing weapon materialization while Hei's lightning power is currently fried from the forcefield.

Then again, I could also be completely wrong. *shrugs*
JonathanDCOct 23, 2009 9:12 PM
Oct 23, 2009 9:54 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, for a "summoning matter" power (at least i think it it), her remuneration is really kinda of a let-down. Added in with the unnecessary fan-service scenes...

Still curious to see this beginning of the end stuff that the twins were talking about.
Oct 23, 2009 10:25 PM

Jun 2007
Tsunami said:
Woah .. this is getting a little out of hand.
I don't like the fact that Hei has lost his powers & as biased as I am for DtB (as it has been my fave series) I don't really like the new contractor powers that Suou has received.

Ditto.

filachan said:
Great ep, I watched it in one breath, but hey... I want old Hei back—shaved and clean, non-alcoholic and humane... >.>

Yes!

Falatorx said:
This series, while good has mostly paled in comparison to the first one which had a more interesting plot with better characters. Hopefully it will pick up and move the focus back to the series' protagonist, but even if it doesn't, it will still be a pretty good series, albeit worse than the first one.

I really doubt they are stupid enough to do it, but if Hei's powers were permanently given to Suou, it is pretty much the final nail in the coffin...

So true.

Nadistu said:
You know...honestly I'm not liking all the "new" contractors at all....also I feel like there seem to be too many of them running all over the place....I'm getting so confused with their side gags and all.....

I liked seeing Kirihara again! She's giving off "I like Hei vibes"...seriously. =O
More screentime for her plz!

Yeah i think there are too many characters.
I always preferred Hei X Kirihara. Yin always seemed to play the role of a little sister to me.

I think the high standards that the first season has set isn't doing this series good.

And i want to know who "her" is in the next episode. They don't have alot of time to waste. Only 9 episodes to go. Grr...
ShurtugalOct 23, 2009 10:28 PM
Oct 23, 2009 10:34 PM

Feb 2009
I really dig the BGM for this series, whether it's some nice tranquil piano tunes or pumpin beats, I'm enjoying it a lot.

Hazumi is bad ass, tearing those soldiers apart :D

I love Suou's control with that rifle, I've always been a sucker for chicks with snipers.
Oct 23, 2009 10:37 PM

Apr 2009
Mao the flying squirrel!!! Lol awesome episode it went by really fast IMO. Credits came up and I was like WTF? I need to know what happened to YIN!
Oct 23, 2009 11:00 PM

Jun 2007
Hei is so different this season. I want my old Hei back. =(

Oct 23, 2009 11:20 PM
Feb 2009

thot the magician would live l0l
Oct 23, 2009 11:53 PM

Jun 2008
don't forget, orginally Hei was human and his contractor powers were given by Bai. Maybe his powers are transferred to Suou, making her the contractor? Saying that, if it is transferred why does she need to do the renumeration when Hei doesn't?
Oct 24, 2009 12:34 AM

Jan 2009
DinaraC said:
don't forget, orginally Hei was human and his contractor powers were given by Bai. Maybe his powers are transferred to Suou, making her the contractor? Saying that, if it is transferred why does she need to do the renumeration when Hei doesn't?

Well the power Hei gained from Bai, is still Bai's power, not Hei's, thus, he did not have to do his remuneration (actually her remuneration, but for simplicity's sake..: D).
And coming to Suou, I think the meteor core in the necklace reacted to the electricity Hei let out (maybe absorbing all his power for now), and then it somehow reacted to Suou's emotions, thus making her a contractor.... Correct me if I'm wrong : >

AND BTW, all contractors were originally human you know ^^
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 24, 2009 1:01 AM

Oct 2009
Setsia said:

thot the magician would live l0l

That was not necessary to kill the magician. He was a great character that I liked for his powers. Too bad he is really gone.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 24, 2009 1:08 AM

Aug 2009
hei lost alot in this episode :(
his mask,knife, bulletproof coat and his powers? i just hope the power one isnt permanent
baryrOct 24, 2009 1:13 AM
Oct 24, 2009 1:11 AM

Jul 2009
maybe it's just me but it seems like the Magician's powers were transferred to Suou? That guy could pull swords and guns from his coat. Suou can pull an anti-tank rifle from her core fragment and ammo from her pockets. Coincidence much?

Also, Chinese Electric Batman needs to get his Chinese Electric powers back fast. :P
Oct 24, 2009 1:33 AM

Oct 2009
Is is just me or the amount of fan service in the show is increasing? '__'
Anyway, It's okay to me, as long as I still have my Hei (and he's so damn sexy without a shirt on *nosebleed").
Oct 24, 2009 1:37 AM

Jan 2009
rainji1234 said:
[stuff]

It's funny indeed, always as fun finding someone who appears to have joined the community today : o And already made 1 post, woah
And it always makes me wonder what made them post in this particular thread, this particular time.. :'D (I mean, for example, this time, it could have been in the thread for the 1st episode, instead of barging right into the 3rd O.o)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 24, 2009 1:53 AM

Oct 2008
I didnt liked the frst season from DTB partly to blame on the episodic style, but the sequel is suprising good i hope they keep this pace.
Oct 24, 2009 1:57 AM
Jun 2009
It's possible that the Magician's power could have gone to Suou. Since he was in that forcefield thing when it was up, but I doubt this is the case.

Pretty good season so far, bit different from season 1 but I've enjoyed it so far. =)
Oct 24, 2009 2:19 AM

Aug 2009
It's kind of funny, I had been thinking that maybe Hei would look better if he tied his hair back, and he did in this episode. I'd say it's a mild improvement, but he what he should really do is drop the hobo look altogether.

Magician's dead for real now; between him, April, and Goran (cheeseburger speed guy), this season's been really efficient in offing the interesting side characters.

Shizume resembles Emiya Kiritsugu from Fate/Stay Night an awful lot.

All in all though, I'm still very interested in where this season is going, especially since there are only nine episodes left.
Ha-cha!
Oct 24, 2009 2:23 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
rainji1234 said:
[stuff]

It's funny indeed, always as fun finding someone who appears to have joined the community today : o And already made 1 post, woah
And it always makes me wonder what made them post in this particular thread, this particular time.. :'D (I mean, for example, this time, it could have been in the thread for the 1st episode, instead of barging right into the 3rd O.o)

I'm too impatient to start posting with episode 1, you know. I'm crazy for this show and I've read ALL the previous posts, so I know what you all are talking about. Is it enough for me to "barge right into the 3rd"?
And does that mean that you're not welcoming me? '__'
(and sorry for the grammatical errors, since English is not my native language)
P/s: And what's so fun about? I don't understand. Today is my day off, so I joined this community. That's all.
rainji1234Oct 24, 2009 2:28 AM
Oct 24, 2009 2:26 AM

Jan 2009
rainji1234 said:
Oosran said:
rainji1234 said:
[stuff]

I'm too impatient to start posting with episode 1, you know. I'm crazy for this show and I've read ALL the previous posts, so I know what you all are talking about. Is it enough for me to "barging right into the 3rd"?
And does that mean that you're not welcoming me? '__'
(and sorry for the grammatical errors, since English is not my native language)
P/s: And what's so fun about? I don't understand. Today is my day off, so I joined this community. That's all.

Huh.. Oh well, sure, welcome to the community, I guess?
And.. I dunno really, I just somehow find it funny, can't put it into words, it just is..
And holy ! you actually read all those previous posts from the first 2 episodes? O.O
Oct 24, 2009 2:31 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:

Huh.. Oh well, sure, welcome to the community, I guess?
And.. I dunno really, I just somehow find it funny, can't put it into words, it just is..
And holy ! you actually read all those previous posts from the first 2 episodes? O.O

Yes, I do. I like this show so much that I want to know what others think about it.
Oct 24, 2009 2:58 AM

Mar 2009
July joined the party, Hurrah!
And Hobo-Hei-with-hair-tied-back is H.O.T
Oct 24, 2009 3:17 AM

Jan 2009
This is good stuff XD

July and Suou = Win

Is Mr. Smith hiding a geass of sharingan XD?
WontonOct 24, 2009 3:29 AM
Oct 24, 2009 5:18 AM

Sep 2009
awesome episode
Suous awakening seemed like a huge event
and now Hiei has Suou and July on his team
Mao is back!!!
love this series
can't wait for next episode
hiei get your powers back!
x3

Oct 24, 2009 5:23 AM

Feb 2008
Liked the first season better.
At least Suou is hot.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Season 2 worth watching?

Valantic - Sep 17, 2015

12 by Luciunsama »»
Jun 17, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

671 by Erdgeist »»
Jan 9, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 8, 2009

391 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.