Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (93) « First ... « 66 67 [68] 69 70 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2020 2:44 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@weebdonny Ah, same goes for me, I think I'd choose any short-haired one ^^

@XLuckyL It doesn't matter that much in what order you watch, so just go for the first season and then second (third one releasing Fall), then watch the special and the movie in any order you wish!

@PTRCKSBSTN Ahhh, that makes sense, it really is an advantage being legally German x)
And yeah, at least it seemed like you'd be enjoying older ones more in comparison, but that's great to hear then.
I can imagine some funny faces when you have friends around, calling Lollipop and seeing such a bulldog :D

rafacanto01 said:
Well, my name is Rafaela (but I like my nickname better, witch is Rafa), I'm 18y and I'm from São Paulo, Brazil. I've just joined MAL and the anime world.
[...]

Greetings Rafa!
Always makes me smile to see people discovering anime/manga :') Well, I can also recommend trying a cute Slice of Life like GochiUsa (linked above), it's worth a try ^^
What is your music taste? Lately, YOASOBI and Roselia never fail to amaze me with their music and still bring me to tears no matter how often I hear the songs lol

slayerkd96 said:
hello, nice meeting you all, i am from mexico, 23 years old, been watching anime since 7 years ago (think so) probably started with naruto, but now [...]

Welcome to TNC!
Already watched a wide variety, awesome! For an anime with great animation and amazing storyline, look no further than Hibike Euphonium as Music/ School/ Drama ;)
Are you the type of watcher to binge? Or how much time did the long Shounen shows take you?
Don't know how to answer my post? Just click
on "Quick Reply" and mention me with @Karasian

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Jul 9, 2020 4:02 AM
May 2019
healerblue said:
Jorc001 said:
Hi, My name is Ori, but people on internet can call me Jorc
I started watching anime like 3 years ago, i dont know what anime was my first one, but yknow, childhood animes, like Doraemon :p
[...]

Hi Jorc, welcome to the club.
In that case, do you know what was the first anime that got you interested in anime overall? The anime that got me interested in anime overall was Clockwork planet and that was my first anime. After watching it I was interested in other anime like Re:zero.

I haven't seen Attack on titan yet but I could watch it one day. Are you enjoying watching it?
Dr. stone was one of my favorite anime last year and it was really good. I hope you enjoy watching it.

If you want I can try to recommend you some of the action, fantasy or other that you mentioned?

I know that some other people use anime as escapism as well and I remember watching a youtube video about it, how isekai helps you not overthink about your life and you get interested in another world. But, if you enjoy watching other genres it can be said the same for them as well.
I hope you find good people here as well and I sent you a friend request.

Sure, I'll add you on discord and I can recommend you some anime there.
Cheers

El_Honso said:
Hi everyone!

My name is Honso and I'm from Italy.

I've recently discovered MAL as a method of keeping track of my anime and also see other's opinions on my favorite anime. I also LOVE the recommendations option.
[...]

Hi Honso, nice to meet you.
I personally never used the recommendations option, is it worth it or good?
I know as a kid I used to watch anime as well without knowing it was an anime, but in 2017 I got into watching Yu-gi-oh Zexal and Clockwork planet and that got me interested in anime again. Since then I'm watching anime every week, sometimes every day depending on how much free time I have.

I mean hey, as long as you enjoy anime that's all that matters. There are some anime that is hard to watch because it deals with psychology and it's something of a thriller and I heard that anime like Evangelion can leave you overthinking for few days or even weeks. I have a close group of friends who I talk with anime but not too often. I usually chat about anime with people online since it's faster and easier.

Oh, what do you consider a hidden gem? For me, those are Zankyou no terror and Pet girl of Sakurasou. There are few more but I'll have to check.
First time I saw someone use German sub, I'm curious why is that. I know Violet Evergarden has german dub.

quacklg said:
Hi,
Im Laura from UK. Always dipped in and out of watching anime but in the last year and a bit have started to watch stuff more seriously.
[...]

Hi Laura, welcome to the club and nice to meet you,
Personally, when I started watching anime in 2017, I just continued to watch it. I'm always curious about other worlds inside of the anime and the stories that they have. I like personal and emotional stories more than the world building anime but I don't mind watching both. If you want I can add you so we can chat about anime? I also used MAL to track the anime when I first joined but after some time I joined my first club and it was a lot of fun. Also, what was your first anime that you remember and did it leave any impact on you?

Hi there, sorry it took me a while to reply! Yeah I like a little bit of everthing. Probably the first anime that really had an impact was FMA. How about you? Feel free to add me and that goes for anyone else on the thread!
Jul 9, 2020 9:24 AM
Jul 2020
@KARASIAN Nice to meet you! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll watch it for sure!
Well, I like all types of music, literally... My favorites are rock, metal and punk, but I also like pop, classical, rap and others.... How about u??
Jul 9, 2020 9:26 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@rafacanto01 At the moment, Kawaii Future Bass as well as J-Rock do the trick for me, Kawaii Bass when doing something and J-Rock when actually listening to music, though they both mix ^^

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Jul 9, 2020 11:05 AM

May 2020
@karasian, yeah i have lots of anime genres in my arsenal, im gonna put Hibike Euphonium at my must watch list, thanks for the recommendation.
As for the long shonen, well got to say the longest ones i watched are naruto shippuden and one piece, which are like 500+ episodes and really just watched them slowly through the years but they are really great and entertaining, sotrylines and character development are great, but thing is i kind of started liking short anime more right now.
Jul 9, 2020 11:07 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@slayerkd96 I see~ Yeahhh short 12 ep shows are the best for me x)

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Jul 9, 2020 6:09 PM
May 2020
Hi, my name's Liam and I'm from Massachusetts, USA. I'm 19 years old. I joined MAL because I saw my friend's profile and decided I wanted one. I like having a list of everything I've seen.
I saw some anime as a kid but I started watching a lot of it about a year ago with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. My favorite genres are action and thriller. Some shows I like are JoJo, Kill la Kill and Mirai Nikki.
I like playing video games and learning languages (I know German and have been learning French). Aside from that I don't have a ton of other hobbies. I'm also a huge introvert. I'm not extremely social but I try my best! I've been watching anime with friends recently so that's progress.

(I also like memes)

<To be continued]
Jul 10, 2020 1:04 AM
May 2020
Hi my names Ross and I'm from Scotland but live over in Dubai. I'm relatively new to anime as I started watching back in april. Most of my friends all watch anime and have been trying to get me to watch for years but I've always been stubborn and said that I wouldn't like it. But over quarantine I finally gave in and I'm glad I did. My first anime I watched was One punch man. I don't read mangas but I'm going to get into it. I loved hunter x hunter and my hero academia and I've just started naruto. I'm always open for suggestions! Thanks
Jul 10, 2020 1:09 AM

Feb 2019
Kaiser_Wolfram said:
Hi, my name's Liam and I'm from Massachusetts, USA. I'm 19 years old. I joined MAL because I saw my friend's profile and decided I wanted one. I like having a list of everything I've seen.
I saw some anime as a kid but I started watching a lot of it about a year ago with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. My favorite genres are action and thriller. Some shows I like are JoJo, Kill la Kill and Mirai Nikki.
I like playing video games and learning languages (I know German and have been learning French). Aside from that I don't have a ton of other hobbies. I'm also a huge introvert. I'm not extremely social but I try my best! I've been watching anime with friends recently so that's progress.

(I also like memes)

<To be continued]
Hi Liam. Welcome to TNC. I wonder which JoJo part do you like the most? For me it's Stardust Crusader and Golden Wind.
P.S I'm also a huge introvert lmao
Jul 10, 2020 1:13 AM

Feb 2019
ross_macdonald said:
Hi my names Ross and I'm from Scotland but live over in Dubai. I'm relatively new to anime as I started watching back in april. Most of my friends all watch anime and have been trying to get me to watch for years but I've always been stubborn and said that I wouldn't like it. But over quarantine I finally gave in and I'm glad I did. My first anime I watched was One punch man. I don't read mangas but I'm going to get into it. I loved hunter x hunter and my hero academia and I've just started naruto. I'm always open for suggestions! Thanks
Hey Ross! Welcome to TNC. One punch man for your first anime was a good choice and i see that you loved My hero academia too. My hero academia was the anime that helped me went through difficult times so i really love it!
What kind of suggestions do you want/ What genre do you want to watch?
Jul 10, 2020 1:54 AM
May 2020
I'm more into the type of action anime's but I mean I'm down to try anything new.
Jul 10, 2020 2:01 AM

Feb 2019
ross_macdonald said:
I'm more into the type of action anime's but I mean I'm down to try anything new.
Try Vinland Saga. It's one of my favourite shows of all time and the action is great!
Jul 10, 2020 3:59 AM
May 2020
I'll add it to the list. Watching naruto and almost finished attack on titan at the moment. I'll watch it after attack on titan. Thanks bro
Jul 10, 2020 4:18 AM

Oct 2019
quacklg said:
Hi there, sorry it took me a while to reply! Yeah I like a little bit of everthing. Probably the first anime that really had an impact was FMA. How about you? Feel free to add me and that goes for anyone else on the thread!

The first anime that I watched was Clockwork planet and the first anime that left impact on me was either Hyouka or Bunny Girl Senpai. There are other anime that I watched and cried or thought about things in life, but Hyouka and Bunny girl senpai had a positive impact on me and made me think about few specific things that I didn't think about before. I watched a lot of videos about Hyouka, Bunny girl senpai, Kekkai sensen and Oregairu and meaning behind few things from the anime. I recommend watching them if you haven't seen them already.
Jul 10, 2020 4:20 AM

Feb 2019
ross_macdonald said:
I'll add it to the list. Watching naruto and almost finished attack on titan at the moment. I'll watch it after attack on titan. Thanks bro
My pleasure. You can add me on MAL or Discord (Jenkin.#8463) If you want more recommendations.
Jul 11, 2020 4:03 PM
Jul 2020
Hi, I'm V! I currently live in somewhere in Canada where it gets too cold during the winter and too hot during the summer. I joined MAL just to keep track of the shows I'm watching (but I think stats don't work right now so that's bummer). The first anime I watched was Dragon Ball Z and I guess I was basically raised watching shounens. My favourite animes are Hunter x Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood so as you can guess, shounens are indeed my favourite genre BUT I've been really into seinens lately too. Anyway, I don't want to make this too long so, nice to meet you all !!!

Jul 11, 2020 5:19 PM

May 2020
regieleki said:
Hi, I'm V! I currently live in somewhere in Canada where it gets too cold during the winter and too hot during the summer. I joined MAL just to keep track of the shows I'm watching (but I think stats don't work right now so that's bummer). The first anime I watched was Dragon Ball Z and I guess I was basically raised watching shounens. My favourite animes are Hunter x Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood so as you can guess, shounens are indeed my favourite genre BUT I've been really into seinens lately too. Anyway, I don't want to make this too long so, nice to meet you all !!!

Hi V and welcome to the Newbie club. What did you rate FMA Brotherhood as?
Jul 11, 2020 5:35 PM
Jul 2020
BravoTushka said:

I gave it a solid 10! I really loved it. I think my favourite animes tend to be always full of twist and turns but still manage to explore the human condition and deep emotions. What did you rate it?
Jul 11, 2020 6:59 PM

May 2020
regieleki said:
BravoTushka said:

I gave it a solid 10! I really loved it. I think my favourite animes tend to be always full of twist and turns but still manage to explore the human condition and deep emotions. What did you rate it?

I gave it a ten because of the background music made the moments in the show even bigger and really made me like the show
Jul 12, 2020 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
hiii
my name is bitopan and I'm from India.
here is my resumé for recruitment into the prestigious The Newbie Club however I'll write it in a paragraph :))

the first anime which I binged was Tokyo Ghoul. I saw wallpapers and collages of it on Instagram where I saw this normal boy transform into this red-eyed menace so I was inadvertently attracted to figuring out the true story. I watched it and fell in love. Tho many people complain that it's not as good as the manga, I don't care because after watching it the emotions which ran through my body were genuine and I didn't want anyone else's opinion to change that.
As of now I can't name any favourite anime of mine because I'm still discovering and it would be too soon to decide.
This introduction has already become too long so I'll wrap it up tho I missed some points mentioned in @TheSkiesAwake 's post. However, I'll be more than happy to chat with you guys and be friends.

Much love😊💙
Jul 12, 2020 1:59 AM
Apr 2020
OHAYOU!!!!My name is Nehir and I am from Turkey so English is not my first language sorry for my bad English(I am still trying )
First anime that I watched was ginga e kickoff!(a football anime). I really loved that anime that's why I watched third times.also I love football via this anime.
actually I don't have just one favourite anime: I love Bungou Stray Dogs and Kaichou wa Maid -sama!.
My favourite genres are shoujo and mystery. however , I hate harem or reverse harem.
MATA NE!!!
Jul 12, 2020 2:54 AM

Jul 2019
__bitopan__ said:
hiii
my name is bitopan and I'm from India.
here is my resumé for recruitment into the prestigious The Newbie Club however I'll write it in a paragraph :))
[...]

Yahhoooo!

I can't believe you first watched tokyo ghoul! Niiicceee! my first anime is DBZ, Bleach, One piece, and naruto! Also Tokyo ghoul is super good, too bad the adaptation is bad. I hope they revamp tokyo ghoul with better adaptation! Also you can chat in our discord server by going through the club's page and click "discord" button! We would love to have you there!
Jul 12, 2020 2:55 AM

Feb 2019
linh-mei said:
OHAYOU!!!!My name is Nehir and I am from Turkey so English is not my first language sorry for my bad English(I am still trying )
First anime that I watched was ginga e kickoff!(a football anime). I really loved that anime that's why I watched third times.also I love football via this anime.
actually I don't have just one favourite anime: I love Bungou Stray Dogs and Kaichou wa Maid -sama!.
My favourite genres are shoujo and mystery. however , I hate harem or reverse harem.
MATA NE!!!
Hey Nehir. Welcome to TNC! Don't worry with your english since it's not my first language as well.
Well, i used to read Bungou Stray Dogs' manga. I have 3 volumes of it but i haven't got a chance to watch the anime. I'll definitely watch it someday and i love mystery as well. One of my favourites is called ACCA
You should definitely check it out!
Jul 14, 2020 9:44 PM

Apr 2020
Hi everyone,
I'm Lin and I live in the Netherlands, however my parents are chinese. I joined MAL since my ex-weeb sister send me her list once and I thought that having a list here would be quite handy. The first anime that I watched was Kakegurui in January 2020, a friend recommended it to me. My favourite anime, I think it is Attack on Titan. Quite weird actually, since I once looked over my sister's shoulder when I was 6 or something and saw her watching AOT. I was left with nightmares for a while. I like almost every genre, except sexual stuff since I'm still quite young (my friend actually should've started me off with a less sexual anime I guess, still became a weeb tho lol). I also do gymnastics but tbh I feel like quitting soon since I had an injury at the start of the year and since then didn't really like the sport as much as before. Atm I'm watching Naruto but every now and then I start watching a new anime and get distracted so it's taking a while.

I'm quite the introvert actually but I really look forward to getting to know you all :)
Jul 14, 2020 11:10 PM
Apr 2020
Hello!! my name is Danyelle and I am from the US. I joined MAL because I wanted a way to keep up with the animes I've watched/planned to watch/etc. and a friend recommended MAL to me.

The first animes I watched back when I was in elementary were Naruto, DBZ, and Doraemon. One of my favorite animes is Code Geass or HunterxHunter and i have not read enough manga to have a favorite yet so I am open to any reccs:))

My favorite genre is romance but I'm fine with all genres and don't have one that i dislike. Some hobbies of mine include painting and reading!

Nice to meet you guys :))
Jul 15, 2020 1:59 AM

Oct 2019
Zh_lin said:
Hi everyone,
I'm Lin and I live in the Netherlands, however my parents are chinese. I joined MAL since my ex-weeb sister send me her list once and I thought that having a list here would be quite handy.
[...]

Hi Lin, welcome to the club.

You started watching anime with Kakegurui? Wow, what was your opinion about it? My first anime was Clockwork planet and it was pretty interesting, it had a lot of things that introduced me to anime. I remember I heard about Attack on titan from a friend few years ago and that I didn't like the titan thing. But now that I'm an anime fan I guess I don't dislike it that much and it seems interesting. I'll probably watch it once I finish other anime that I plan to watch.
Was it a minor injury or something big, like breaking an arm or a leg? I know people who are similar like that, where they quit a sport after getting an injury. I guess it depends on the person really. You have some people who continue to play even after they had multiple injuries and some who quit after first few. If you like gymnastics you should continue but if you don't it's totally fine to quit.
I've been watching Index and it's spin-offs. In my opinion it's really good but it has multiple watch orders so it could get confusing. I remember watching Naruto when I was younger but I don't remember how much of it I saw.

It's nice to meet you and if you want I can send you a friend request on MAL? I think most of the anime watchers are introverts but there are a lot of extroverts as well. :)

Chhannelorrange said:
Hello!! my name is Danyelle and I am from the US. I joined MAL because I wanted a way to keep up with the animes I've watched/planned to watch/etc. and a friend recommended MAL to me.
[...]

Hello Danyelle,
Welcome to the club and nice to meet you as well :),
I also joined MAL because I wanted a way to track the anime that I completed or plan to watch, but after few months I joined my first club.
Oh Code Geass is such an amazing anime, I loved the ending and the movie. I haven't watched Hunter hunter but I plan to watch it.
If you like romance I can recommend you some anime to watch, since I'm also a fan of romance anime.
You can try to watch:
Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai
Plastic Memories
Kyoukai no Kanata
Hotarubi no Mori e
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

If you want I can add you and recommend you more. What do you usually paint? Do you read books or manga and light novels? I tried to read manga before but something was missing for me. I guess it's the OST, sound effects and visuals, great animation etc. but I'm still trying to read manga as often as I can.
Jul 15, 2020 2:59 AM
Jul 2020
Hello! This probably wont get read because there are a lot of you here :) but my name is sam! Im agender so use whatever pronouns you feel fit. Ive been watching anime for a little under a year, and my first show was sailor moon. I joined MAL mainly because I thought the custimization was cooler than simply using my notes. My favorite anime is Terror in Resonance, or Yuri on Ice!! and I read a lot of BL and stuff but theyre all read on lezhin comics or webtoon so they arent considered a "manga" ;( so I was only able to list a few manga. But uhh yeah ehehehe- selfish plug// my instagram is chibi.gaki
Jul 15, 2020 3:23 AM

Oct 2019
chibigaki said:
Hello! This probably wont get read because there are a lot of you here :) but my name is sam! Im agender so use whatever pronouns you feel fit. Ive been watching anime for a little under a year, and my first show was sailor moon.
[...]

Hello Sam, don't worry. It will be read :)
Welcome to the club and nice to meet you.
You saw Sailor moon? I know that it's popular and I still haven't seen it. I saw a lot of memes about it so I think that it will be worth watching. I had similar experience with Jojo, where I started watching it because of the memes and stayed for the awesome story and animations.

Oh Terror in Resonance is such an amazing anime. I consider it a hidden gem because not a lot of people know about it and people don't think that it's that great. In my opinion it's at least a 9 and maybe even a 10.
I'll start reading The god of highschool soon because I'm really interested in it. The anime looks really amazing and the animation is also good.

What's your opinion on Sailor moon and Yuri on Ice?
Jul 15, 2020 3:33 AM
Jul 2020
healerblue said:
chibigaki said:
Hello! This probably wont get read because there are a lot of you here :) but my name is sam! Im agender so use whatever pronouns you feel fit. Ive been watching anime for a little under a year, and my first show was sailor moon.
[...]

Hello Sam, don't worry. It will be read :)
Welcome to the club and nice to meet you.
You saw Sailor moon? I know that it's popular and I still haven't seen it. I saw a lot of memes about it so I think that it will be worth watching. I had similar experience with Jojo, where I started watching it because of the memes and stayed for the awesome story and animations.

Oh Terror in Resonance is such an amazing anime. I consider it a hidden gem because not a lot of people know about it and people don't think that it's that great. In my opinion it's at least a 9 and maybe even a 10.
I'll start reading The god of highschool soon because I'm really interested in it. The anime looks really amazing and the animation is also good.

What's your opinion on Sailor moon and Yuri on Ice?

I still havent finsihed sailor moon ahha... its not my favorite genre but i watched the forts 3 seasons and do intend to start it again! Yuri on ice is a hugeee comfort show for me :) and I love the soundtrack, im super excited for the movie!

Deadman wonderland is my favorite manga... my favorite anime character Shiro is in it :) who is your favorite character?
Ive never heard of The god of highchool ill have to check it out!
Jul 15, 2020 3:48 AM
Jul 2020
Hello there

Please call me Galladean. I found out about anime through a friend around 3-ish years ago. All this time I've heard about MAL but never really took the initiative to make an account. Now that I'm totally out of excuses for not making one, today i bit the bullet and so here I am.
Still finding my way around and I'll be in your care.

Arigato!!
Jul 15, 2020 4:28 AM
Oct 2019
Hye my name's Alex and honestly, this whole myanimelist thing is kinda confusing.

I started watching anime about 3 years ago and only recently started up my anime list account (Shame cuz I can't remember half the stuff I watched until now.) My favourite anime is Your lie in April (Also one of my first anime) and I'm into pretty much any genre. Recently I've been watching a lop of sappy slice of life kinda animes. If anyone has any good slice of life/romance anime recommendations please let me know!

I'm not really sure why I'm writing this post knowing that it'll be lost with so many comments. I think its kind of hard talking about anime in public and i guess I'm just looking for people to talk about anime with.

Thanks for reading this haha hope you'll friend me!
Jul 15, 2020 4:34 AM
Jul 2020
Were in the same boat on that. I too have forgotten a lot of the shows I've watched in the past. My most favorite anime so far has bee the movie "Koe No Katachi"...
I do enjoy a good slice-of-life anime now and then and do like romance anime too. Nowadays i find myself watching a lot more of the magic and highschool genre.
Jul 15, 2020 7:58 AM

Feb 2019
Galladean said:
Hello there

Please call me Galladean. I found out about anime through a friend around 3-ish years ago. All this time I've heard about MAL but never really took the initiative to make an account. Now that I'm totally out of excuses for not making one, today i bit the bullet and so here I am.
Still finding my way around and I'll be in your care.

Arigato!!
Hey Galladean. Glad to have you here! I see that your favourite anime is Koe no Katachi. As someone who doesn't really like watching anime movies, Koe no Katachi was one of the movies that i really enjoyed. Feel free to ask for any recommendations if you want!
Jul 15, 2020 8:03 AM

Feb 2019
Alux7 said:
Hye my name's Alex and honestly, this whole myanimelist thing is kinda confusing.

I started watching anime about 3 years ago and only recently started up my anime list account (Shame cuz I can't remember half the stuff I watched until now.) My favourite anime is Your lie in April (Also one of my first anime) and I'm into pretty much any genre. Recently I've been watching a lop of sappy slice of life kinda animes. If anyone has any good slice of life/romance anime recommendations please let me know!

I'm not really sure why I'm writing this post knowing that it'll be lost with so many comments. I think its kind of hard talking about anime in public and i guess I'm just looking for people to talk about anime with.

Thanks for reading this haha hope you'll friend me!
Hey Alex! Welcome to TNC. I see that your favourite show is Your lie in april. Unfortunately, i haven't watched it because i was spoiled about the ending by my friend :( Also try Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san! It's a great slice of life/romance show.

We have a discord channel. Feel free to join if you wanna talk more!
Jul 15, 2020 9:07 AM

Apr 2020
healerblue said:
Zh_lin said:
Hi everyone,
I'm Lin and I live in the Netherlands, however my parents are chinese. I joined MAL since my ex-weeb sister send me her list once and I thought that having a list here would be quite handy.
[...]

Hi Lin, welcome to the club.

You started watching anime with Kakegurui? Wow, what was your opinion about it? My first anime was Clockwork planet and it was pretty interesting, it had a lot of things that introduced me to anime. I remember I heard about Attack on titan from a friend few years ago and that I didn't like the titan thing. But now that I'm an anime fan I guess I don't dislike it that much and it seems interesting. I'll probably watch it once I finish other anime that I plan to watch.
Was it a minor injury or something big, like breaking an arm or a leg? I know people who are similar like that, where they quit a sport after getting an injury. I guess it depends on the person really. You have some people who continue to play even after they had multiple injuries and some who quit after first few. If you like gymnastics you should continue but if you don't it's totally fine to quit.
I've been watching Index and it's spin-offs. In my opinion it's really good but it has multiple watch orders so it could get confusing. I remember watching Naruto when I was younger but I don't remember how much of it I saw.

It's nice to meet you and if you want I can send you a friend request on MAL? I think most of the anime watchers are introverts but there are a lot of extroverts as well. :)

Well I thought Kakegurui was, uhh interesting I guess. Yeah I totally understand that the titan idea didn't sound appealing hahaha. I think the injury was quite big, since my elbow got dislocated and broke at the same time. U r right, it usually depends on the person and their motivation if they want to continue. And thanks for the recommendations, I'll take a look at them later :) oh and sure I'd like a friend request ig hahah
Jul 15, 2020 12:50 PM
May 2020
hello, i'm new here but not that new to anime though!
i'm hoping to get some awesome recommendations and to write some reviews of the animes i love at some point (if i can beat my lazyness anyway).
my favs rn are: neon genesis evangelion, sora yori mo tooi bashou, FLCL (not the new ones tho) and kaguya-sama wa kokurosetai.
hope to expand this list in the near future with your recommendations!

i just discovered this website a while ago an it seems to have a new community so.. hajimemashite minnasan!
ishigamerJul 15, 2020 12:58 PM
Jul 15, 2020 1:57 PM

Mar 2015
uinzusan said:
i'm hoping to get some awesome recommendations and to write some reviews of the animes i love at some point (if i can beat my lazyness anyway).
my favs rn are: neon genesis evangelion, sora yori mo tooi bashou, FLCL (not the new ones tho) and kaguya-sama wa kokurosetai.

i just discovered this website a while ago an it seems to have a new community so.. hajimemashite minnasan!

Hello welcome to the club!! I hope you will enjoy your time here!
You surely can visit my profile to get some recommendation. Maybe it can help, Ehehe~

Waaaa Evangelion fan.. I always love evangelion eventho i'm not a mecha fans.. Imo evangelion have a unique charm and loveable character, just i feel bad how the orignal ending went XD.

I REALLY REALLY LOVE SORA YORI. The story really hits me hard, I love how they do character development, and ofc the character omega kawaii.... Well that anime to relatable for me.. Ehehe..

Lastly I'm big fans of Akasaka Aka! I really love her artstyle especially Kaguya. Kaguya really really a nice and beautiful character.. Ehehehe

Come come to our discord server to chat with more of us! Ehehehehe~
Hope you have a wonderful day!
You don't need to hold my hand, just let me go with you.
Jul 15, 2020 2:01 PM

Oct 2019
chibigaki said:
I still havent finsihed sailor moon ahha... its not my favorite genre but i watched the forts 3 seasons and do intend to start it again!
[...]

Hm, personally I have like 3 favorite characters. They are Kamina from Gurren Lagann, Isla from Plastic memories and Araragi from Monogatari series.
Alright, let me know what you think about it when you check it out and I hope that you enjoy watching Sailor moon.
I can add you as a friend and we can continue to chat about things, for example, have you heard about Monogatari?

Zh_lin said:
Well I thought Kakegurui was, uhh interesting I guess. Yeah I totally understand that the titan idea didn't sound appealing hahaha. I think the injury was quite big, since my elbow got dislocated and broke at the same time.
[...]

Do you recommend watching Kakegurui?
Oh wow, that's big. I hope everything is good now. I sent you a friend request btw, I'll send you a message with more recommendations.
Jul 15, 2020 8:40 PM
Jul 2020
I havent gotten to watch monogatari yet, but i plan on it :) i think i added you so you can message me on there!
Jul 16, 2020 1:44 AM
Apr 2020
Hey, my name is sian! I got into anime 1 year ago. I am from Belgium (srry for my bad english). I wanted to join this club to find people to share my love for anime with and to overcome my online anxiety.

One of the first anime I watched is Attack on Titan and it is still my favorite series to this day. I don't have an affinity for a specific genre, I really like everything! Most series that I've watched are action or shonen, but I would like to expand my horizon. The best place to start seems here, so I hope I will get along with you all!

Byes,
sian
Jul 16, 2020 3:34 AM

Jul 2019
siannodel64 said:
Hey, my name is sian! I got into anime 1 year ago. I am from Belgium (srry for my bad english). I wanted to join this club to find people to share my love for anime with and to overcome my online anxiety.[...]

Yahooooo, siannodel64!
Oooohhh what a nice anime to watch first! AOT was really great! Especially the animation and the plotline. Thank isayama-sensei for giving us AOT! Alsoooo, you gotta watch black clover if you watch shounen! IZGGOOOD!
Jul 16, 2020 9:18 AM
May 2020
TY309 said:
uinzusan said:

You surely can visit my profile to get some recommendation. Maybe it can help, Ehehe~

Waaaa Evangelion fan.. I always love evangelion eventho i'm not a mecha fans.. Imo evangelion have a unique charm and loveable character, just i feel bad how the orignal ending went XD.

I REALLY REALLY LOVE SORA YORI. The story really hits me hard, I love how they do character development, and ofc the character omega kawaii.... Well that anime to relatable for me.. Ehehe..

Lastly I'm big fans of Akasaka Aka! I really love her artstyle especially Kaguya. Kaguya really really a nice and beautiful character.. Ehehehe

thank you for your warm welcome! i'm positive that i'll enjoy it here :D

i'm not into mecha either, but i feel like the EVAs are not typical mechas and the show goes way deeper into the nature of humans and growing up and their interactions amidst all that mess. i'm not sure i understood the ending, which makes it way more interesting somehow. masterpiece, anyway.
(btw i feel that FLCL used the mecha element similarly and succeeded delivering a new take on it too. i'd recommend you watching it if u haven't)

sora yori is the perfect sphere to me. i mean, there are no corners that need to be polished, no weak links in the plot imo. super deep story with a light pace and super relatable and realistic characters (lovable too).
epic story while not needing added magical elements at all. slice of life done right plus adding some isekai feel to it. on the emotional level stuck with me from the first episode. i also appreciate that they dont sexualize the girls like lots of other animes do.

about akasaka aka... i'll admit i don't usually check the authors (shame on me, ik.. i'll check tho) but i love all the character designs i in kaguya-sama wa kokurosetai. even though it's only one of the things i dig about the series.

i checked your profile and found lots of interesting titles, thx and i'll make sure i check them!
have a nice day, and once more thx 4 the warm welcome!
Jul 16, 2020 11:51 AM

Mar 2015
uinzusan said:
TY309 said:

thank you for your warm welcome! i'm positive that i'll enjoy it here :D

i'm not into mecha either, but i feel like the EVAs are not typical mechas and the show goes way deeper into the nature of humans and growing up and their interactions amidst all that mess. i'm not sure i understood the ending, which makes it way more interesting somehow. masterpiece, anyway.
(btw i feel that FLCL used the mecha element similarly and succeeded delivering a new take on it too. i'd recommend you watching it if u haven't)

sora yori is the perfect sphere to me. i mean, there are no corners that need to be polished, no weak links in the plot imo. super deep story with a light pace and super relatable and realistic characters (lovable too).
epic story while not needing added magical elements at all. slice of life done right plus adding some isekai feel to it. on the emotional level stuck with me from the first episode. i also appreciate that they dont sexualize the girls like lots of other animes do.

about akasaka aka... i'll admit i don't usually check the authors (shame on me, ik.. i'll check tho) but i love all the character designs i in kaguya-sama wa kokurosetai. even though it's only one of the things i dig about the series.

i checked your profile and found lots of interesting titles, thx and i'll make sure i check them!
have a nice day, and once more thx 4 the warm welcome!

Uuwuu uwuuu! hope to see you on discord!

yes yes let's chat more at discord or my profile
You don't need to hold my hand, just let me go with you.
Jul 16, 2020 11:52 AM
Apr 2020
_XUwUX_ said:
siannodel64 said:
Hey, my name is sian! I got into anime 1 year ago. I am from Belgium (srry for my bad english). I wanted to join this club to find people to share my love for anime with and to overcome my online anxiety.[...]

Yahooooo, siannodel64!
Oooohhh what a nice anime to watch first! AOT was really great! Especially the animation and the plotline. Thank isayama-sensei for giving us AOT! Alsoooo, you gotta watch black clover if you watch shounen! IZGGOOOD!

I have actually started reading Black Clover's manga a few weeks ago, you're right, it's really good! And yes, AOT is AMAZING! I can't wait for season 4 (Even though I read the manga)!
Jul 16, 2020 12:13 PM

Jul 2020
Hi there

New to the club and to MAL

Waifu: Holo
Favorite shows: Spice and Wolf and Konosuba

Newbie question, but how do I get a image of gif or youtube video in my profile page. I enter it correctly but it still doesn't show up
HoloisHoloJul 16, 2020 1:48 PM
Jul 16, 2020 4:58 PM

Sep 2019
Yo~ minna-san, my name's Jennifer. I'm from Philippines, but working atm, in Abu Dhabi, UAE

I remember watching some anime dubbed in our language, like Yu Yu Hakusho, Flame of Recca, Samurai X, Slam Dunk, One Piece, Bleach, Doraemon, Shaman King, HxH, Naruto, Get Backers, Saiyuki, Inuyasha, Dragon Ball, Detective Conan, Prince of Tennis, etc, the list will go on. BUT I totally forgot which is the 1st anime that I've watched OTL

Currently rewatching Gintama while playing games and waiting for the other anime's new episode to come out. I'm not a talkative person, but when it comes to manga and anime, I might become one ╰(▔∀▔)╯

Let's be friends my fellow anime and manga lovers ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

"You don't become friends because you decide to, it just happens." - Okita Sougo
ANIME LIST || MANGA LIST

Jul 16, 2020 9:35 PM

Jul 2019
siannodel64 said:
_XUwUX_ said:

Yahooooo, siannodel64!

I have actually started reading Black Clover's manga a few weeks ago, you're right, it's really good! And yes, AOT is AMAZING! I can't wait for season 4 (Even though I read the manga)!

Niiiicceeee! Yuki tabata ftw!
Jul 17, 2020 12:19 AM

Jul 2020
Hey everyone, I hope you all are doing good and enjoying your weeks :) I hope I'm not late to the party!

I'm Jason from the east coast of the US (a lot of moving around recently, so can't really pin down which state I'm living in :/ ) Years ago I was into AOT, Spice & Wolf, Monster Musume, Konosuba, and so on, but recently I got interested in anime again when my friends started watching MHA.

Tbh, the Trash Taste Podcast crew (well Joey's video about MAL profile reviews) got me to come here, but I'm incredibly new to all of this so I hope I can contribute enough :)

I saw someone talking about waifus, so let me get one thing clear, if you say Megumin is best girl/waifu from Konosuba, then you don't know who's true waifu material. That'd be Kazuma ;D

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction, I hope I can meet lots of great friends here and share some happy memories with you all! Please feel free to reach out at any time!
Jul 17, 2020 12:59 AM

Jul 2019
Fluffaluffagus said:
Hey everyone, I hope you all are doing good and enjoying your weeks :) I hope I'm not late to the party!

[...]

Yahhhooooo, Fluffaluffagus!
Ooooohhh I can see you watch monster musume (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)! Niiiccceee (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)! Welp monster musume was reallyy goood! Also, MHA was a banger. It always gives me the hype to finish it quickly thanks to Izuku! Alsooooo you gottaaa join our discord server by going through the clubs page and click "discord" button! Hope you stay safe and Have a great day!
Jul 17, 2020 1:23 AM

Oct 2019
HoloisHolo said:
[...]
Newbie question, but how do I get a image of gif or youtube video in my profile page. I enter it correctly but it still doesn't show up

Hi Holo,
I was thinking about watching Spice and wolf. Mainly because Holo looks similar to Raphtalia from The rising of the shield hero. Do you recommend watching it?

Well, if you want to use the image or gif, you have to put
 [img]http://UrlToPicture.net/Path/To/Picture.jpg[/img] 
and if you want to put the video, you have to use
 [yt]link[/yt] 

So for example, if you want to put a video and a picture, you'd write it like this:

[img]https://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/15/319492.jpg[img]
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEXSppSq25Q[/yt]

If you need more help you can click the BBCode on the bottom (when you click Quick Reply). It will take you to the page that explains how to put images, videos and more. I'll also put the link just in case: https://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=bbcode
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (93) « First ... « 66 67 [68] 69 70 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [ACTIVITY] What song are you listening to right now? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ByronM - Apr 2, 2016

316 by Serafos »»
8 hours ago

» [GAMES] Last Letter Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LXXI - Jun 8, 2019

5479 by Kanipan_Enkuldes »»
Sep 27, 2:47 AM

» [GAMES] Count down from 100,000 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babyaki - Dec 4, 2020

7267 by Kanipan_Enkuldes »»
Sep 27, 2:46 AM

» [GAMES] Count to 100,000 Part 3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Karasian - Jan 26, 2021

8828 by Serafos »»
Sep 23, 11:46 PM

» How to Watch Anime Faster?

starghost_ - Apr 3, 2019

18 by Serafos »»
Sep 22, 12:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.