Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Yearly Manga and Light Novel Rankings for 2019

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 4, 2019 8:24 PM

Aug 2017
ItachiDxD said:
KNY beats One Piece in Japan but it's only a country , the most important numbers are sales around the world :)

You are aware Japan is the primary marketplace for manga right? You succeed in Japan, you are a success in general which transfers to other countries as a result.

I've seen plenty of people around my college talking about Kimetsu for instance. It was even announced by the official English localizers of the manga that they are speeding up releases of the manga which is a sign that its in high demand around here.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Dec 5, 2019 1:44 AM

Sep 2017
Slimcoder said:
ItachiDxD said:
KNY beats One Piece in Japan but it's only a country , the most important numbers are sales around the world :)

You are aware Japan is the primary marketplace for manga right? You succeed in Japan, you are a success in general which transfers to other countries as a result.

I've seen plenty of people around my college talking about Kimetsu for instance. It was even announced by the official English localizers of the manga that they are speeding up releases of the manga which is a sign that its in high demand around here.

Well I know for a fact that around 16M mangas were sold in France in 2018 and KNY isn't that popular there, so it won't be that surprising that One Piece could catch up KNY in overall yearly sales
yikes
Dec 5, 2019 4:32 AM
Oct 2019
demon slayer going strong god damn
Dec 5, 2019 6:07 AM

Aug 2017
ItachiDxD said:
Slimcoder said:

Well I know for a fact that around 16M mangas were sold in France in 2018 and KNY isn't that popular there, so it won't be that surprising that One Piece could catch up KNY in overall yearly sales

Well yeah One Piece will inevitably catch up because these sales for Kimetsu are primarily binge sales. Its anime this year shot up its popularity & caused everyone to buy every single volume in quick succession.

Of course it won't have as high numbers next year. By that point everyone will be caught up & the sales will stabalize. That's how buisness works.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Dec 21, 2019 5:13 PM

May 2018
No Enen no Shobutai? Flop? And no Vinland Saga?
Papa_ScorchDec 21, 2019 8:01 PM
Jan 18, 2020 7:42 PM

Jan 2018
Slimcoder said:
ItachiDxD said:

Well yeah One Piece will inevitably catch up because these sales for Kimetsu are primarily binge sales. Its anime this year shot up its popularity & caused everyone to buy every single volume in quick succession.

Of course it won't have as high numbers next year. By that point everyone will be caught up & the sales will stabalize. That's how buisness works.

Yeah that comment really didn't age well Kimetsu no Yaiba in 2020 already has more sales than it's entirety in 2019, seems like will be Kimetsu this year again
Apr 25, 2020 12:02 AM
Sep 2016
Not a single volume of Kimetso No Yaiba is in top 20. That means most of the people that did buy the volume did bought a stack of them to read the continuation. Where 60% tp 70% of One piece sales is only from 4 volumes...
Apr 25, 2020 12:13 AM

Oct 2013
mobrine said:
Not a single volume of Kimetso No Yaiba is in top 20. That means most of the people that did buy the volume did bought a stack of them to read the continuation. Where 60% tp 70% of One piece sales is only from 4 volumes...

What are you talking about? It has volume in 8th, 9th and 12th spot. But let me tell you that Kimetsu has beaten one piece this year not only in overall sales but volume sales.

It may take up most of the top 20 spots when it comes to per volume sales. And Kimetsu is currently at 40 million surpassing One piece 37 Million volume record and it still hasn't even reach the half way poinr.

I don't think one piece fans can make any excuses when the mid sales and yearly sales are released.
Apr 25, 2020 12:42 AM
Sep 2016
keragamming said:
mobrine said:

What are you talking about? It has volume in 8th, 9th and 12th spot. But let me tell you that Kimetsu has beaten one piece this year not only in overall sales but volume sales.

It may take up most of the top 20 spots when it comes to per volume sales. And Kimetsu is currently at 40 million surpassing One piece 37 Million volume record and it still hasn't even reach the half way poinr.

I don't think one piece fans can make any excuses when the mid sales and yearly sales are released.

I'm not worshipping One piece.
Edit: Yup your right. There are volumes of Kimetsu no yaiba in top 20
mobrineApr 25, 2020 12:45 AM
Apr 25, 2020 12:55 AM

Feb 2015
keragamming said:
mobrine said:

It is probable that all the top 20/23 will be all Kimetsu. A single individual volume of the manga currently sells more than a single recent OP volume past a month.

ShinyHeroApr 25, 2020 12:59 AM
Apr 25, 2020 1:03 AM

Oct 2013
ShinyHero said:
keragamming said:

It is probable that all the top 20/23 will be all Kimetsu. A single individual volume of the manga currently sells more than a single recent OP volume past a month.

Woah, thanks for the info.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Yesterday

7 by Memore »»
1 hour ago

» Kyoto Animation Adapts 'Nichijou' Author's 'City' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

33 by Fedge »»
5 hours ago

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Sep 19

28 by Adriannitro »»
9 hours ago

» Board Game 'Murder Mystery of the Dead' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Sep 20

10 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 12:30 PM

» 'Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: Samishigariya no Ryuu' Anime Movie Announced for 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

18 by Anime_Luv »»
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.