Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita' Gets TV Anime

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 31, 2019 9:09 PM
Apr 2019
RobertBobert said:

@caio_brb Dude, you're talking to millenials. They can whine for hours about a problematic or toxic plot in works with a male protagonist, but then forget about everything if the main character is a woman and the plot has at least the illusion of yuri ships.

I do not agree, in fact it is quite the opposite the harem-ecchi have many toxic things and detestable characters who always treat the protagonist badly with insults, accuse him of pervert, try a sexual assault even they exercise direct violence a good one for example Louise de zero not tsukaima and yet I have never heard criticism of this anime or the couple meanwhile citrus that is criticized by everyone despite the fact that Mei never became this extreme with yuzu

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Nov 1, 2019 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
Rosary_Diva said:
RobertBobert said:

@caio_brb Dude, you're talking to millenials. They can whine for hours about a problematic or toxic plot in works with a male protagonist, but then forget about everything if the main character is a woman and the plot has at least the illusion of yuri ships.

I do not agree, in fact it is quite the opposite the harem-ecchi have many toxic things and detestable characters who always treat the protagonist badly with insults, accuse him of pervert, try a sexual assault even they exercise direct violence a good one for example Louise de zero not tsukaima and yet I have never heard criticism of this anime or the couple meanwhile citrus that is criticized by everyone despite the fact that Mei never became this extreme with yuzu

Lol, have you been living on our planet for a long time? Zero no Tsukaima has been criticized for romanticizing violence ever since the original LN was an ongoing. Not to mention the fact that this franchise is as old as a mammoth shit and since then, the harem ganre has turned into a convenient target for the self-appointed connoisseurs of the anime community. You probably never visited resources like ANN or you never read tweets of anime-addicted millenials.
Nov 1, 2019 9:29 AM
Apr 2019
Rosary_Diva said:

Lol, have you been living on our planet for a long time? Zero no Tsukaima has been criticized for romanticizing violence ever since the original LN was an ongoing. Not to mention the fact that this franchise is as old as a mammoth shit and since then, the harem ganre has turned into a convenient target for the self-appointed connoisseurs of the anime community. You probably never visited resources like ANN or you never read tweets of anime-addicted millenials.

What? the only and always recurring criticisms are that this anime is generic, that the story is bad, that the fanservice is excessive ... I've never heard complaints about how your partner is toxic only a few people have referred to the couple, but only because they hated Louise, but in general they have good esteem for this anime because of the funny tone that they try to give to those scenes.

Look I have a better example of what I am talking about: bakemonogatari, a very praise anime by the whole community (especially certain person in ANN) where we have the character of senjougahara who is very loved by almost everyone including that reviewer, however she is a extremely toxic character For example, when she is introduced her reaction to Araragi's clearly good intentions is to threaten him with a stapler...? And then to actually staple him?? Talk about violent! Imagine if Araragi didn't have healing powers. She would just come off as a psychopath. Furthermore, she seems to have absolute confidence in her horrible actions like she's incapable of reflecting on her actions. And as long as I watched it , it wasn't like she learned to become a better person - she just learned to like Araragi more. Granted, I only saw about half of the show and even if you tell me that she changes and develops as character I can tell you the same thing happens in citrus and many other romantic anime where one of the protagonist starts like a jerk but ends up appreciating her partner, but it is always in the yuri anime where people most condemn these relationships.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Nov 1, 2019 3:03 PM

Mar 2014
For example, Love Lab never even tried to be yuri, but I saw a lot of people who accused the author of not turning the main characters into a couple because of the supposedly "obvious attraction to each other".

Their loss, LoveLab is a way above the average sitcom, the addition of the 2 boys actually made everything even funnier.

I can tell you the same thing happens in citrus and many other romantic anime where one of the protagonist starts like a jerk but ends up appreciating her partner, but it is always in the yuri anime where people most condemn these relationships.

Apples to oranges. People who watch Citrus and people who watch Zero no Tsukaima are not exactly the same.
Most people who watched Citrus were expecting a serious (I know, trollo-LOL at them) drama-romance, so their standards were likely a little higher. The yuri genre itself is actually quite small anime-adaptation-wise, if you exclude the seasonal "lowkey yuribaits", who are mostly just SOL with lots of girls fooling around, which the author never meant to pair for realz.

Urusei Yatsura, one of the OG harems, back in the 1980's had a violent tsundere. And the genre has been exploited under a billion forms (including 90%+ of all isekais with young male protag). Same for the Tsunderes.

The Extremely (capital E) violent tsundere trope has been in a decayal among the community for quite a good time, I cant even remember a single harem released in the last 4/5 years where a violent tsungirl was the main, and while one of the sidechicks being tsun is still a frequent thing, they usually are nowhere the "domestic violence is fun if genders are reversed" jokes you could meet in the 2000's nonstop. Which I welcome, I hated that sh*t.

Oh, but I agree that if Mei was a boy, tumblr would be imploding by Citrus airing. Inronically rightfully this time, as she was a no-personal-space serial harasser and a creeper being romanticized for being hot and "troubled" (a lot, indeed).
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Nov 3, 2019 5:43 AM

Dec 2015
I remember reading it as a meme back when there were only 2 chapters, but it’s pretty fun that it’s gonna be an anime. Totally gonna watch it! ^^
Aug 20, 2020 8:11 AM

Nov 2016
no news? more than 10 months have passed :,(
Sep 3, 2020 8:19 PM
Feb 2019
Looks cute, why not
Sep 4, 2020 1:51 PM

Mar 2014
KitsuYurikano said:
no news? more than 10 months have passed :,(

Maybe Corona put it on development hell...
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Season 2 Announced for Winter 2025

Vindstot - 4 hours ago

4 by Sleabedybarb »»
1 hour ago

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Yesterday

7 by Clonazenyan »»
6 hours ago

» Kyoto Animation Adapts 'Nichijou' Author's 'City' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

34 by AE-2 »»
8 hours ago

» Voice Actress Aya Hirano, Actor Masashi Taniguchi Announce Marriage

Vindstot - Jan 2

37 by MR-GRAYv2 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: Samishigariya no Ryuu' Anime Movie Announced for 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

19 by ezorde »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.