Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 7, 2021 7:24 AM
Mar 2020
I find this movie so extremely overrated to what it is, I watched it with high expectations cuz I was searching ani movies like Your Name and Silent Voice the only redeemable reason I can think of in this movie is the message and nothing else I found it so boring and the ending was so sudden that I didn't feel anything cuz I wasn't attached to any character.. I don't understand how this got an 8 and other good and better shows mostly get 7 in Mal
Mar 7, 2021 7:26 AM
Mar 2020
sufiaw said:
I hated the whole thing, not just the ending.
thank you I just can't understand why this is so highly praised, Silent voice and Your name is not even comparable to it not even animation wise just story is so boring
Mar 7, 2021 7:28 AM
Mar 2020
FinoRussel said:
*SPOILER ALERT*
It was quite sad,but it's best ending! At the end as you can see gin said that he did not expected the next summer, i feel like gin know that impossible he can be always with hotaru,so soon or later i knew that gin will touch hotaru and be free,there was scene hotaru talked about she wanted live at that place and looking for job at there and gin said "forget bout me" cause gin know more longer they together hotaru can't enjoy the human normal life,like when her classmate had crush in her but the only thing hotaru thinking just gin, it' make hotaru can't have normal live
lol I didn't even think about that cuz how boring it was I.. Just cant understand how this got an 8 fricking 8 and good shows only get 7
Mar 12, 2021 1:53 AM
Jan 2021
I don’t know why but the story felt incomplete at the same time the ending was satisfying...I hope I’m not the only one who didn’t cry watching this movie...it was not sad..for me it felt like a happy ending..also they could’ve done more with plot..the story had more potential...so my overall rating Would be a 6
Apr 20, 2021 2:18 PM

Apr 2018
The ending was fine, but I really couldn't help but think, "That's it?"
Apr 20, 2021 2:36 PM

Apr 2018
I remember when I saw this movie almost 5 years ago. It was quite beautiful although the ending left me sad and wondering if that was fair.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Apr 29, 2021 1:56 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Felt kind of bad for the girl, but that's it really. Definitely wasn't moved as much as other people. There just really wasn't much to it...

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

May 19, 2021 10:37 AM

Dec 2020
I cried a lot. I never have cried this much in any other anime or movie but this little buddy hit me hard T_T
Jun 18, 2021 7:29 AM

May 2021
Rushed yet sad and emotional ending and fuck them kids man

Jun 27, 2021 8:37 AM
Jun 2021
هذا الفيلم هو افضل فيلم رأيته وسآراه صحيح ان النهاية حزينة جدا😂😂😢😢😢😢الا انهذا لا ينكر ان هذا الفيلم رائع ولن ننساه ما حيينا
Jul 12, 2021 10:47 AM
Jun 2021
Oh my, I cried a lot and I love this movie so much. I am not mad about the ending, I mean, sure I wanted them to be happy, but the fact that they got to hug each other for the first time, after years of wondering how their touch would feel like, made me really happy. Then cried for half an hour because he dissapeared, lol. It's by far one of the best romance movies I've ever seen.
Jul 13, 2021 12:55 PM

Jun 2021
Even a grown up man can cry. Really it was a bittersweet experience. Still feeling that melancholic vibes. The narration by Hotaru gave me nostalgic even though I'm 16. But for a movie set up in that plot, it was a perfect ending. Like, Gin himself felt that Hotaru should move on from life, and for himself a bit of salvation. OSTs played a major role in bringing up the emotional tone of the movie to the audience. Felt it ಥ_ಥ

~ Weeboo
Nov 12, 2021 7:07 AM

May 2020
There really wasn't much to be sad about. Felt really predictable for the most part.
Jan 4, 2022 10:22 PM
Jun 2021
I didn't felt anything..I expected that Gin would say Hotaru to touch him and let him set free all that..But really a boy ended-_-
Jan 21, 2022 9:21 PM

Dec 2020
sad and depressed
Mar 20, 2022 10:53 PM

Jul 2021
I actually really liked it. Lots of people are apparently hating on that random kid but that's just stupid xD. There was no chance for a good ending for them unless you make something like -yeah gin's curse is no more for some reason, they can touch each other now and live happily ever after. That would have been even worse and cliche and the people who are complaining now would've hated it more. A sad ending was bound to happen sooner or later bcuz as lots of ppl pointed out, gin didn't want hotaru to basically waste her whole life for him. Additionally, he also wanted to be free and at least get to hug hotaru before he goes. That random kid was the character who made all this possible and paved the path to make this story spectacular.
Jul 3, 2022 9:40 PM
Jul 2018
Kind of saw the characters more as a metaphor of growing up and leaving adolescence behind. Gin reminds me of everything you could love about Summer as a young individual. Growing alongside it, where every experience feels like a "first". First adventure, first friend, first love. Gin's mask serving as a reminder or memory of those times. The parallels of Hotaru between daydreaming and coming into a sense of responsibility with school and classmates. It's a bittersweet feeling to grow out of or try to hang on to when life is changing. Not that adventure can't still be magical but it's certainly different from when you were younger.

It was okay overall, I liked it.
Jul 4, 2022 11:00 AM
Sep 2021
It was a really good experience. But felt rushed. It was sad but not enough to make me cry or anything like that.
Jul 10, 2022 10:31 AM

May 2018
Well I expected this ending, but the execution is rather cheap. Still a great movie though.
May 28, 2023 1:17 AM
Jun 2016
Tristeee, o filme eh meio triste e o final é triste. Mas o filme eh Bomm good, porém saiba q o eh final sad.
Sep 14, 2023 10:29 PM
Jun 2020
Reply to Unwissender
While watching it I kind of hoped they would use some stupid asspull to create a happy ending (even though I already realized that this would harm the story).

I think an ending in which Hotaru grows old while never touching Gin would have been somehow even sadder, so I think this was the best possible ending for this story.
@Unwissender you may be right, her living out her life with him and never touching him would be hella sad. Even if she touched him at the end of a long life, knowing she probably never had a real relationship because of it. But ya know what if she ends up being diagnosed with a terminal illness while still young and as she reaches the end they go out together. I think even though her dying would still not be a happy ending it still would be the lesser of the 3
Nov 15, 2023 8:06 PM
Aug 2023
The ending was rushed, sad yet beautiful.
I add, It turned out beautiful in my opinion when Gin offered fl a hug at the ending.
Thought the fl would've cried more. I bet she had the mindset of "Always look on the bright side".
THEY WANTED TO TOUCH EACH OTHER SO MUCH! THEY DID AT LAST!!
UNDERSTANDABLE ENDING, SHALL WE SAY??
earthbornNov 15, 2023 8:22 PM
Jan 4, 2:58 AM
Jul 2021
I felt cheated and robbed of 45 minutes of my life. There's nothing here, zero character development, except the girl enters puberty. It's slow asf, nothing is ever explained!

who was he? A ghost? A fallen in disgrace God? A pigment of her imagination?

Why was he "cursed" etc. Nothing at all!

Then we have the fact that he is .... How old is he? And she's 6 at the start then she goes up to 15/16? And he is? And he starts to fall in love with her? .... Okay, nothing wrong here folks, nothing at all.

Then the ending ... Anyone with more than two brain cells, and who's done more than a dozen complete turns around the Sun saw that ending coming a mile away.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hotarubi no Mori e Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Orulyon - Feb 22, 2012

435 by FreddyEggHead »»
Oct 2, 6:21 AM

» Your thoughts?

WannabeWeeb_ - Aug 10, 2021

9 by Dawizz »»
Jan 4, 3:01 AM

» Why does the girl doesn’t look that upset?

Sincere_T_ - Jun 12, 2020

9 by Dawizz »»
Jan 4, 3:00 AM

» Any Anime which ends in 1 eps and in 45 mins (like thus one)

WVM - Nov 29, 2022

19 by yvonness »»
Nov 18, 2023 3:07 AM

» Any rumored/known reason why it hasn't been licensed in North America?

Lolicon - May 8, 2022

0 by Lolicon »»
May 8, 2022 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.