Forum Settings
Forums
New
How do you read manga most often?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 26, 2016 11:40 PM

Oct 2016
Reading the manga while holding it is the best though I read some online if it's not licensed in English.
Nov 26, 2016 11:53 PM
Jun 2016
Used to collect manga. Bought like almost all of Naruto Shippuden and few volumes of the first Naruto. Also have a few Fairly Tail volumes as well.

I just got tired of buying them all. And do not have a store nearby which to get them from. And I have a storage trunk which I could use for important things but instead half of it just gets used for manga.

I used to collect Shonen Jump magazines as well. Had quite a bit of those. I'm still kinda sad they stopped having physical prints of them, but they save me room that way. xD

Now I just read everything online so that I can save space and money.
Nov 28, 2016 8:58 AM

Jan 2010
Arasy said:
Eneeli said:

Word. There's nothing quite like holding a physical book in your hands and poring over the details.

I'll buy physical manga if I could but the variety for English-translated manga in Singapore is still quite limited compared to the Mandarin Chinese ones (which I'm unable to read fluently). Online is the way to go for now.

Hahaha.. Yeah, even here in Malaysia, I always see the variety of Mandarin Chinese light novels and manga. The covers look so pretty. Then, I kind of wish I took Chinese in primary school.

Yeeeeah! But it also depends on whether the Chinese manga is Simplified or Traditional. In Singapore, most of them come from Taiwan, which uses Traditional Chinese. The ones in Simplified Chinese are also kinda limited comparatively. Simplified Chinese is taught in schools here, so Traditional Chinese is almost a foreign language to me.

Out of curiosity, what's it like for manga in Malaysia though?
Nov 28, 2016 12:56 PM

Mar 2008
Online and listening M83, as usual.
I honestly prefer having the physical version in hands, however the mangas published here have a shit quality and design for its high value. The dollar is too high to try to export them.
Nov 28, 2016 3:19 PM

Oct 2012
Eneeli said:

Yeeeeah! But it also depends on whether the Chinese manga is Simplified or Traditional. In Singapore, most of them come from Taiwan, which uses Traditional Chinese. The ones in Simplified Chinese are also kinda limited comparatively. Simplified Chinese is taught in schools here, so Traditional Chinese is almost a foreign language to me.

Out of curiosity, what's it like for manga in Malaysia though?

Well, in Malaysia, a lot of manga is translated into Malay. There's some magazines that publish manga but they're technically illegal since they didn't obtain the rights to publish. I didn't know about till some time ago but apparently, manga like City Hunter, Cat's Eye and Kindaichi are also available in Malay.

That being said the company that translated them seems to have gone bankrupt. If you go to bookstores, the manga you see published in Malay are typically Shoujo, Junji Ito, Detective Conan, Doraemon, Shin Chan.

Since I was young, I had believed that
A princess in picture book is a strong person
Things to be protected, and things I want to protect
Will never be fulfilled, no matter how long, if I just kept dreaming

Go ahead.jpg
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How much of your manga list can you remember?

Rissio - Jan 27

33 by ColdBlackTeaFan »»
Yesterday, 8:50 PM

» Completed my first LN.

Clannat - May 26

13 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
Yesterday, 7:04 PM

» Where do you buy your manga from?

draining - May 15, 2020

35 by Otakupervert890 »»
Yesterday, 6:50 PM

» When do you consider a manga to be "long" ( 1 2 )

Curlybrace101 - Sep 3, 2023

77 by doctor »»
Yesterday, 3:48 PM

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

39 by Gogetters »»
Yesterday, 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.