Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Mar 18, 2016 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
There was no season 4 announcement sadly. There's still a chance for it to be announced with volume 22 or 23, but I don't think they'd announce it any time after that. Seasons are announced with LN volumes, in the past at least; so that's what this assumption is based off.

EDIT: I don't wanna make it sound like it's not gonna happen.

Here's all the facts:

DxD was one of the few series that brought profit to Kadokawa in 2015 next to Overlord.
This season sold a bit worse than the first two, but that was to be expected from a rushed original season. It's a miracle it even sold that well. But it sold more than enough to warrant a new season.
From a business standpoint it makes no sense for TNK to not animate at least one or two more seasons, given that they're a very small studio that has barely done any projects, and DxD is their only one that has exploded in popularity.
The author and the studio said back when season 3 was announced that they both wanted to continue producing more seasons.
TNK, the studio, stated in a dragon magazine interview in the July 2015 issue that they would return to a faithful 2-volume adaptation of volumes 9 and 10 in a possible season 4 if it were greenlit.
BorN had plenty of hints to the content of the next season, and if they weren't at least leaving the opportunity open.

Any rumor you guys hear about a new season or whatever is completely false until you see it reported here or on Ishibumi's twitter. The possibility and likelihood is there, we just have to play the waiting game.

The last thing I wanna mention is people thinking it will come out this year or early next.

This is simply not gonna be the case. Both the previous seasons were announced roughly 9 months before it aired. So just keep that in mind.
removed-userMar 21, 2016 11:56 AM
Mar 19, 2016 7:33 PM
Jul 2018
Esawo said:
Lolimancer said:
There was no season 4 announcement sadly. There's still a chance for it to be announced with volume 22 or 23, but I'd imagine those are the last two chances.

Where the hell did you read Ishibumi's Light Novel 21 afterword?

I did't say I did? Anime seasons are announced on the covers of volumes, as they did with volumes 13 and 18.
Mar 21, 2016 7:16 AM
Feb 2016
Suggestions for anime like DxD?

EG: Action, Harem, Ecchi etc?

I have watched To Love-Ru and Shinmai maou no testment but i dont know what else?

Suggestions? Thank you!
Who need a life when you have anime?
Mar 21, 2016 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
Newtoanime01 said:

I have watched To Love-Ru and Shinmai maou no testment but i dont know what else?

Suggestions? Thank you!

Date A Live for starters you should like.
Mar 22, 2016 9:39 AM
Feb 2016
Lolimancer said:
Newtoanime01 said:

Suggestions? Thank you!

Date A Live for starters you should like.

Thank you for your suggestion <3
Mar 23, 2016 3:23 PM

Nov 2015
Also try Freezing, Highschool of the Dead, Is This A Zombie, Trinity Seven, Strike the Blood.
Mar 23, 2016 3:26 PM

Apr 2008
Meatfeast said:
Also try Freezing, Highschool of the Dead, Is This A Zombie, Trinity Seven, Strike the Blood.

-1 for freezing. If you want a wimpy mostly spineless and useless MC and amazonian bitches beating each other more than fighting the alien monsters threatening the world, then freezing is your thing
Mar 24, 2016 7:22 AM
Feb 2016
Meatfeast said:

Thanks, i have watched Trinity and HOTD already, but thank you :)

I tried Freezing but it wasn't really my thing, Sorry

Thanks for it <3
Mar 24, 2016 9:18 AM

Nov 2015
What's with all those that say that DxD Season 4 announced?! And then say nothing about season 4. I know they're full of shit, but still, do they know that their info is wrong (partially) or are they just bullshitting as much as they can?

Pardon my profanity.
Mar 24, 2016 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
Sonicfanx1 said:
What's with all those that say that DxD Season 4 announced?! And then say nothing about season 4. I know they're full of shit, but still, do they know that their info is wrong (partially) or are they just bullshitting as much as they can?

Pardon my profanity.

Oblivious to the situation and how it works in all likelihood.
Mar 24, 2016 9:22 AM

Nov 2015
Lolimancer said:
Sonicfanx1 said:

Pardon my profanity.

Oblivious to the situation and how it works in all likelihood.

The people who read their stuff are none the wiser either. I try my best to shake off all false-truths. You might have seen some of my Keyboard Warrioring in the comment sections. Ugh.
Mar 24, 2016 9:43 PM
Sep 2015
Has anyone heard when the BD for Born is supposed to be released? All the official site has is the individual volume DVDs...TIA!

*Here's hoping we get a season 4!*

Mar 24, 2016 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
sensei-no-oppai said:
Has anyone heard when the BD for Born is supposed to be released? All the official site has is the individual volume DVDs...TIA!

*Here's hoping we get a season 4!*

The BD's are already out.
Mar 24, 2016 10:34 PM
Sep 2015
I was asking about like a full season BD, not by individual volume
sensei-no-oppaiMar 24, 2016 10:38 PM

Mar 25, 2016 5:43 AM

Apr 2008
sensei-no-oppai said:

Uhhh don't think that exists
Mar 25, 2016 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
sensei-no-oppai said:

A localized version or the original Japanese one? Either way it doesn't exist yet for either.
Mar 25, 2016 7:23 AM

Jan 2014
Lolimancer said:
sensei-no-oppai said:

A localized version or the original Japanese one? Either way it doesn't exist yet for either.

A season 4 will definitely come out Lolimancer. We need more Akeno and Rias :3
Mar 25, 2016 7:38 AM
Sep 2015
Lolimancer said:
sensei-no-oppai said:

thanks,
unfortunately I assumed there wasn't...oh well Ill just use the LN to keep me busy with this series

Mar 25, 2016 2:34 PM
Feb 2016
Meatfeast said:

Thank you, i binged most of them...

I literally have no life.

I know i am out of my right to ask more questions, example is asking for suggestions, but i don't know where else i can go and ask.

I am completely out of Anime to watch (Which aren't 480p or have really bad art tastes) and atm i'm rather looking for an anime like DxD, Trinity Seven etc (When the guy is OP ASF)

and also looking for one which is kind of dramatic and has some crying in it (due to MC dying in action or something - Excluding things like Clannad, Action, Romance ones are preferable.)

Any suggestions?

Ty - Sorry for being a pain
TehKittyKatMar 25, 2016 5:06 PM
Mar 26, 2016 1:11 PM

Nov 2015
The most OP MC I've seen so far is Ainz from Overlord. You are probably better off looking at peoples anime lists on this site to get some ideas on what to watch.
Mar 26, 2016 1:14 PM

Apr 2008
Meatfeast said:
The most OP MC I've seen so far is Ainz from Overlord. You are probably better off looking at peoples anime lists on this site to get some ideas on what to watch.

All hail the Sorceror King
Mar 27, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Meatfeast said:

All hail the Sorceror King

I loved how OP he was really. Every fight was amazing to watch and I'm so excited to read the LN where most of the Gross details are lol
Mar 29, 2016 3:45 PM
Mar 2016
Esawo said:
IceTaKu said:

how in the actual fuck...

Even her ?! God at this rate he will run out of girls to fuck with...

What!? Nonsense! Just fuck them again!
Mar 29, 2016 7:15 PM
Dec 2015
Lol I don't think he will be able to anything other then touching with any of them for next 6 years atleast or when they graduate from college(Rias and Akeno).
Mar 30, 2016 2:22 AM
Mar 2016
so......... when this anime will be release? :(
Mar 30, 2016 2:47 AM
Feb 2016
Do you mean DxD S4?

If so, then we don't really know at the moment. We kinda think it will be November 2016-early/mid 2017.

I know its a long wait :(
Mar 30, 2016 3:41 PM
Feb 2016
I feel like i am being a complete idiot right now but i am trying to find a way to create a forum on helping others find types of anime etc but i cant seem to find how to create a forum.

Help?
Apr 3, 2016 3:45 AM

Dec 2013
TehKittyKat said:
Meatfeast said:

I know i am out of my right to ask more questions, example is asking for suggestions, but i don't know where else i can go and ask.

I am completely out of Anime to watch (Which aren't 480p or have really bad art tastes) and atm i'm rather looking for an anime like DxD, Trinity Seven etc (When the guy is OP ASF)

and also looking for one which is kind of dramatic and has some crying in it (due to MC dying in action or something - Excluding things like Clannad, Action, Romance ones are preferable.)

Any suggestions?

How about Grisaia no Kajitsu or SAO? ^^
Apr 3, 2016 3:52 AM

Apr 2008
Mizuhashi07 said:
TehKittyKat said:

Any suggestions?

Hell no to SAO !!!!!!
Apr 3, 2016 4:00 AM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Mizuhashi07 said:

Hell no to SAO !!!!!!

Why??? i think SAO has some dramatic and some crying in it. And its action-romance.
Apr 3, 2016 6:38 AM
Feb 2016
Mizuhashi07 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Hell no to SAO !!!!!!

Why??? i think SAO has some dramatic and some crying in it. And its action-romance.

Thank you, I had completed both but they were GREAT animes! I love Grisaia (all 3 seasons) Ty!
Apr 4, 2016 9:47 PM
Apr 2016
I am happy this highschool dxd season 4 come out in summer 😍😍😍😎😎😄😁😆😆😁😄😄😇😃😀
Apr 5, 2016 8:57 AM
Feb 2015
Esawo said:
Tiny44914680 said:
I am happy this highschool dxd season 4 come out in summer 😍😍😍😎😎😄😁😆😆😁😄😄😇😃😀

I'm curious... Where did you see that ?

Just another one of those delusional people or trolls. If Season 4 will be out on Summer the new season name would be known already.
Apr 6, 2016 5:04 AM

Feb 2015
sensei-no-oppai said:
Lolimancer said:

thanks,
unfortunately I assumed there wasn't...oh well Ill just use the LN to keep me busy with this series

When Funimation release's their Blu-ray/DVD it will include all episode's (Although they never have the rights for the OAV's) as too when that will ship, I'm betting an late 2016 or early 2017 for release.
Apr 6, 2016 5:31 AM

Apr 2016
Retcooned? I have to laugh or cry? Arghh, I don't know.
Anime List「Anime stats → Completed 1 Thousand」
Apr 11, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-11/kadokawa-purchases-51-percent-stake-in-yen-press/.100934
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-11/crunchyroll-kadokawa-announce-partnership/.100932

Funimation may lose rights to DxD. If they do, the dub is gonna be cancelled, and Crunchyroll will have streaming rights to DxD. In this case, revenue generated from said streaming will help fund a new season. Unfortunately this could lead to the light novels being licensed by Yen Press and would hurt the translation of said novels online.
Apr 11, 2016 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
Lolimancer said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-11/kadokawa-purchases-51-percent-stake-in-yen-press/.100934
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-11/crunchyroll-kadokawa-announce-partnership/.100932

Funimation may lose rights to DxD. If they do, the dub is gonna be cancelled, and Crunchyroll will have streaming rights to DxD. In this case, revenue generated from said streaming will help fund a new season. Unfortunately this could lead to the light novels being licensed by Yen Press and would hurt the translation of said novels online.
THANK FUCKING GOD
Apr 11, 2016 10:45 AM

Feb 2015
Lolimancer said:

I have always wondered how much do they really give from our membership fee's? It clearly can't be that great amount to help fund more season's or there would be more out there.
Also doesn't Japan discount the North American Market?

I mean this recent news is great, hopefully we'll get more LN/Manga's onto store shelf's (I am 100% preying for the LN to get fully licensed so it can go next to my DXD Manga and have it's own shelf section)
Also the Funimation's Dub is amazing before Season 3 but that was way beyond their control so they had no choice but the change it.
Apr 11, 2016 10:53 AM

Apr 2008
FallenUndead said:
Lolimancer said:

I have always wondered how much do they really give from our membership fee's? It clearly can't be that great amount to help fund more season's or there would be more out there.
Also doesn't Japan discount the North American Market?

I mean this recent news is great, hopefully we'll get more LN/Manga's onto store shelf's (I am 100% preying for the LN to get fully licensed so it can go next to my DXD Manga and have it's own shelf section)
Also the Funimation's Dub is amazing before Season 3 but that was way beyond their control so they had no choice but the change it.

Bite your tongue. Yenpress needs to stay as far away from DxD as possible
Apr 11, 2016 11:01 AM
Jul 2015
Lolimancer said:

Thank god.
Also, that would mean I'd finally be able to buy the LN's, were they to get licensed by Yen Press. I mean, it's fine and all that there are online translations, but I'd rather have the light novels on my bookshelf than on my PC.
Apr 11, 2016 11:11 AM

Apr 2008
JakkoFourEyes said:
Lolimancer said:

Thank god.
Also, that would mean I'd finally be able to buy the LN's, were they to get licensed by Yen Press. I mean, it's fine and all that there are online translations, but I'd rather have the light novels on my bookshelf than on my PC.

You'd have them. In ten years time. While the series progressed ages ahead without a translation. How bloody naive are you?
Apr 11, 2016 11:16 AM

Feb 2015
Darklight0303 said:
JakkoFourEyes said:

Thank god.

You'd have them. In ten years time. While the series progressed ages ahead without a translation. How bloody naive are you?

Some people do enjoy reading a real book from an author they enjoy and it feels better knowing you are showing support by buying their product instead of being lazy and reading a fan translation online.
At the end of the day none of us matter, SALES are the only thing that matter's. There is room for online translation, YES, will this be the case in 10 years from now, I don't know. LN/Manga are becoming bigger and bigger meaning we'll get them more quickly..Oh I'm sorry you have to wait 3-5 months just so you can brag in a Anime thread...
Apr 11, 2016 11:21 AM
Jul 2015
Darklight0303 said:
JakkoFourEyes said:

Thank god.

Yeah, alright. Fair enough. Didn't really think of how long it would take. Guess I spoke too soon.
Apr 11, 2016 11:21 AM

Apr 2008
FallenUndead said:
Darklight0303 said:

Some people do enjoy reading a real book from an author they enjoy and it feels better knowing you are showing support by buying their product instead of being lazy and reading a fan translation online.
At the end of the day none of us matter, SALES are the only thing that matter's. There is room for online translation, YES, will this be the case in 10 years from now, I don't know. LN/Manga are becoming bigger and bigger meaning we'll get them more quickly..Oh I'm sorry you have to wait 3-5 months just so you can brag in a Anime thread...

In Yen Press' mind THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ONLINE TRANSLATIONS! Why do you think so many projects got old yellered every time they take another series under their wing?
Apr 11, 2016 11:22 AM

Apr 2008
FallenUndead said:
Darklight0303 said:

We'll get them more quickly when Yen Press stops monopolizing everything even a little bit popular. When Yen Press has competition, then you can rejoice about Licensing. As it stands Yen Press is already ludicrously slow with their releases and it will only get worse and worse the more licenses they gobble up for a quick profit.

I'm not against Licensing as a concept. I am against Yen Press expanding its bloated sloth of a body with more series.
Darklight0303Apr 11, 2016 11:42 AM
Apr 11, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
DxD's translator said it will continue even if it gets licensed. On top of this High School DxD is entering the final arc currently, and Ishibumi confirmed a sequel is coming. The sequel is just like Index to Index NT which means translation would be fine until the YP translation gets to the sequel. YP licensing can only help the series at this point.
Apr 11, 2016 12:20 PM

Apr 2008
Lolimancer said:
DxD's translator said it will continue even if it gets licensed. On top of this High School DxD is entering the final arc currently, and Ishibumi confirmed a sequel is coming. The sequel is just like Index to Index NT which means translation would be fine until the YP translation gets to the sequel. YP licensing can only help the series at this point.

IF the translator can indeed continue his work then sure however you're naive if you think Yen Press will give him a choice.
Apr 11, 2016 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Lolimancer said:

IF the translator can indeed continue his work then sure however you're naive if you think Yen Press will give him a choice.

It's called going underground. Baka tsuki is gonna get rekt tho
Apr 11, 2016 8:00 PM
Feb 2015
Lolimancer said:
Darklight0303 said:

It's going to be hard to go underground nowadays especially for DxD. Idiots exist after all, you go underground and some idiot will somehow expose it and it'll be taken down again. Before long, you'll see the translators give up and the end no more fans translation for that series. That's how fan translation completely disappear after getting licensed.

And people who think that the book will be good
https://frogkun.com/2015/05/03/stay-away-from-the-no-game-no-life-english-novel/

This is just from NGNL. Think about how bad it'll turn in DxD's case especially since Ishibumi's writing style is different from the usual writer. Ishibumi likes to combining two different words for subtitles which makes it hard to translate to English since some of it doesnt even make sense in English. Yen Press may slaughter the DxD translation entirely if handle badly.
Apr 11, 2016 8:02 PM

Apr 2008
ixarising said:
Lolimancer said:

It's going to be hard to go underground nowadays especially for DxD. Idiots exist after all, you go underground and some idiot will somehow expose it and it'll be taken down again. Before long, you'll see the translators give up and the end no more fans translation for that series. That's how fan translation completely disappear after getting licensed.

And people who think that the book will be good
https://frogkun.com/2015/05/03/stay-away-from-the-no-game-no-life-english-novel/

This is just from NGNL. Think about how bad it'll turn in DxD's case especially since Ishibumi's writing style is different from the usual writer. Ishibumi likes to combining two different words for subtitles which makes it hard to translate to English since some of it doesnt even make sense in English. Yen Press may slaughter the DxD translation entirely if handle badly.

Pretty much this too. Yen Press is not a good thing for any series >_>
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

342 by III-D4rKY-III »»
May 8, 4:15 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2015

142 by RorySweeting »»
Apr 30, 1:55 AM

» Is Highschool DxD anti-religious?

Hotdogmaniac - Apr 5, 2015

39 by ANIMESOULSPIRIT »»
Apr 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.