Forum Settings
Forums

Do you blame the ecchi watchers because of anime studio are making more ecchi anime's?

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 6, 2016 11:01 AM

Jan 2015
There's nothing wrong with ecchi anime, nobody's forcing you to watch it.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 6, 2016 11:03 AM
Jun 2011
They're definitely the reason for it. Problematic attitudes create problematic media more often than the other way around I think. But there's not really a problem with having so much ecchi in the genre, because there will still be a steady stream of stuff that isn't ecchi too. Your Netoges and your Re:Zeros aren't gonna get in the way of my Kiznaivers and my Hero Academia. In fact, they might some day fund them, which is all the better. If the creators of ecchi anime have the ability and passion to do something outside that genre, I think making something in a stable genre helps to give them that chance one day.
Jun 6, 2016 11:05 AM

Aug 2015
Zelkiiro said:
Z-Dante said:

Now, who told you that we watch ecchi just for sexual content?

Because that's literally the only reason it exists? That is its entire purpose--to drag down the story and jingle some fleshy keys in its viewers' faces so that they don't have to put any effort into writing an engrossing narrative or interesting characters.
Wah.....! Now that's just retarded m8.

The main advantage of ecchi anime is it has got better comedy than almost any other anime and that's the main reason why I like ecchi so much in the first place.

If I needed sexual content, I've got doujins and nukige lying all around.

I don't know if you know this or not, A good ecchi anime requires quite some efforts too. Ecchi got both good and both like all other types of anime

#StopGeneralization
Jun 6, 2016 11:08 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
KoreaWS said:
@Mamster-p
"you're just arguing from personal preference.. which i guess is unavoidable in your case, i personally think that demonetization of sexual content is stupid and its something we should embrace it"

"i like my anime to tell story this way and i feel ecchi takes away from that"<Strawman

I'm not arguing from personal preference. If I say that it takes away from the narrative, it's because it takes away from the narrative. I'm never using enjoyment to determine that conclusion.

Whatever gave you that idea, it sure is a reflection of your situation. You wouldn't be defending ecchi if it just didn't happened to be your favorite thing in anime.

Don't project yourself in others, please. Your counters to my argument are all based on your personal preference and perspective ("When I see less threads I won't whine","idgaf about hentai, I prefer soft","I don't understand how you can feel any sort of emotion watching anime", "idgaf about what other think about my profile").

It's like you're close minded ("DON'T DISLIKE WHAT I LIKE GODDAMMIT")

yes it is personal preference for you to not want something "interfering" with what you prioritize

i don't know if you read what i wrote earlier, but no.. yes, ecchi is one of my favorite parts of anime, however i still watch anime with none AND as i stated before. i go just as ham in other types of threads

the reason im considered an ecchi warrior and not a warrior for anything else is because ecchi is a controversial subject. i go off in

"anime is dying"

"loli is bad"'

"will i be judged if?"

threads

to the same degree i do ecchi hate threads... you just don't notice because there aren't 4 of those a week. if there'd been 4 loli hate threads a week like their were ecchi hate threads, people would be calling me the loli warrior or some name like that. its all in the numbers of threads and the topic of concern

you're more likely to be noticed for defending something controversial...... thats just how it is

if you pick up a dog then pick up a spider, ppl are going to remember you picked up the spider. well if you defend something as hated as ecchi ppl are going to notice for the same reason

im not only speaking for myself, theres plenty of others like me, they just aren't as vocal. and i don't think not fearing sexual content is a "personal preference" thing. its actually silly to think theres somthing wrong with perversion.

i also don't think that throwing something in a show for pleasing purposes is just a personal preference thing. the fact is desiring easy entertainment is part of the human condition, it affects us all the time and as a consequence it shows up in our media, as it should.
Jun 6, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2015
If you have a problem with ecchi anime then don't watch the anime.
Jun 6, 2016 11:12 AM
Apr 2013
Oh yes, blame the viewers... seriously??

Obviously if different anime was made different people would watch anime.... or am I missing something here

BoyHime732 said:
Problematic attitudes create problematic media more often than the other way around I think.

instinctively I would strongly disagree with this
Jun 6, 2016 11:13 AM

May 2016
Mamster-P said:
if there'd been 4 loli hate threads a week like their were ecchi hate threads, people would be calling me the loli warrior or some name like that. its all in the numbers of threads and the topic of concern

Oh Jesus Christ, you're a loli fan, too? The more I learn about you, the more I come to hate you with every fiber of my being.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 6, 2016 11:20 AM

Oct 2015
Zelkiiro said:
Z-Dante said:

Because that's literally the only reason it exists? That is its entire purpose--to drag down the story and jingle some fleshy keys in its viewers' faces so that they don't have to put any effort into writing an engrossing narrative or interesting characters.

Again, the only ecchi anime that actually did something interesting with its nudity is Kill la Kill--they used nudity as a metaphor for freedom from oppression. And it was done smartly. The balls-out insane Hiroyuki Imaishi anime where sentient clothes grant superpowers is literally smarter than every other ecchi anime ever made.

The fact that you say ecchi anime only exists to drag down the story, but then praise the story of kill la kill - an ecchi anime going by your definition, in the same post is a contradiction. You are basically admitting that ecchi anime can have strong narratives, and sexualisation and narrative aren't mutually exclusive.

And kill la kill is fun, but smart is the last thing I would describe it as. I didn't learn anything with kill la kill, and it didn't feel like it was having anything to really say, just exposition dumps to try and justify the chaos going on screen. What is the message of kill la kill? That clothes are evil or something? That's a weird message if it is and it doesnt exactly deliver it well.

My point is that kill la kill isnt really any more or less "trashy" than any other ecchi anime, it's just presented differently, and that is quite ironic considering you supposedly don't care about presentation.
Jun 6, 2016 11:23 AM

May 2016
Lobinde said:
considering you supposedly don't care about presentation.

Where the tits did you get THIS idea? I love good presentation in a series--it's just not as important as the story and characters, which are paramount in any medium (especially characters).

Jun 6, 2016 11:24 AM

Oct 2014
Z-Dante said:
Zelkiiro said:

Wah.....! Now that's just retarded m8.

The main advantage of ecchi anime is it has got better comedy than almost any other anime and that's the main reason why I like ecchi so much in the first place.

If I needed sexual content, I've got doujins and nukige lying all around.

I don't know if you know this or not, A good ecchi anime requires quite some efforts too. Ecchi got both good and both like all other types of anime

#StopGeneralization

well in my opinion, Ecchi is not just the reason why shows are funny, there are more Comedy styles outside of Gross-out/American pie humor. and it seems you you like that type of honur and i won't blame you for that.

My favourite Comedies are Gintama and Swagamoto, but hey we have different tastes.
Jun 6, 2016 11:25 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Zelkiiro said:
Mamster-P said:
if there'd been 4 loli hate threads a week like their were ecchi hate threads, people would be calling me the loli warrior or some name like that. its all in the numbers of threads and the topic of concern

Oh Jesus Christ, you're a loli fan, too? The more I learn about you, the more I come to hate you with every fiber of my being.

this guy right here secretly loves me<3

if you didn't you'd ignore me lol

fucking troll xD

why yes i am
Jun 6, 2016 11:27 AM

May 2016
Mamster-P said:
Zelkiiro said:

fucking troll xD

why yes i am

...Yes. You caught me. I love you. Come over here, I want to give you a hug. A really tight hug. One so warm and loving that it'll take your breath away.

Jun 6, 2016 11:29 AM

Oct 2014
Zelkiiro said:
Mamster-P said:

fucking troll xD

why yes i am

...Yes. You caught me. I love you. Come over here, I want to give you a hug. A really tight hug. One so warm and loving that it'll take your breath away.

ok now you start making threats now?
You know that IS A TERRIBLE THING TO DO right?
Jun 6, 2016 11:29 AM

Oct 2015
Zelkiiro said:
Lobinde said:
considering you supposedly don't care about presentation.

Where the tits did you get THIS idea? I love good presentation in a series--it's just not as important as the story and characters, which are paramount in any medium (especially characters).

Okay my bad, but my point still stands that kill la kill isn't actually very different from other ecchi anime at its core besides the more whacky, westernised style of presentation.

Now, I'm not a member of the "ecchi crew" I'm not saying that you should therefore watch and like other ecchi anime, I just find it confusing as to why you choose to place kill la kill on such a pedestal, considering its narrative is not actually smart and not even the main focus of the show.

Jun 6, 2016 11:30 AM

Oct 2015
Zelkiiro said:
Mamster-P said:

fucking troll xD

why yes i am

haha lol okay, I think you need to take a short break. :p Sending death threats to people makes you look like an angry autist (see, I'm not a pacifist!)
LobindeJun 6, 2016 11:38 AM
Jun 6, 2016 11:39 AM

Feb 2010
i dont care, here is plenty anime to watch without ecchi
Jun 6, 2016 11:42 AM

Oct 2014
Z-Dante said:

#StopGeneralization

Z-Dante said:

>And most ecchi are better than most of your SoL shows.

>It's because guys like you exist

And you expect me to take you seriosuly?

Z-Dante said:

So do you have a scientific way to prove this? A thoroughly researched literary method to back this up? Comparative evidence based on a multitude of titles that make a relative truth?

Or are just beign close-minded, thinking that because it is what entertained you then automatically makes it true? What's the difference, then, between you and the so called haters that also don't have a real reason?

@Mamster-P

yes it is personal preference for you to not want something "interfering" with what you prioritize

But I'm not talking about personal preferences. I'm talking about narrative. They aren't related, because you can easily dismiss narrative as long as the way entertains you, like you for example.

Does that means it's good for the narrative? No. It breaks it, and show that the authors don't care for narratives either. They only care for pandering.

i don't know if you read what i wrote earlier, but no.. yes, ecchi is one of my favorite parts of anime, however i still watch anime with none AND as i stated before. i go just as ham in other types of threads
the reason im considered an ecchi warrior and not a warrior for anything else is because ecchi is a controversial subject. i go off in
"anime is dying"
"loli is bad"'
"will i be judged if?"
threads
to the same degree i do ecchi hate threads... you just don't notice because there aren't 4 of those a week. if there'd been 4 loli hate threads a week like their were ecchi hate threads, people would be calling me the loli warrior or some name like that. its all in the numbers of threads and the topic of concern

Two out of three there are also related to ecchi (anime is dying tend to use ecchi as an argument, loli is bad tends to be related to ecchi and how lolis are also sexualized) and the other one is just "pls confirm my taste senpais". So I don't see the unrelatedness of ecchi with the threads you tend to go and fight for.

>im not only speaking for myself, theres plenty of others like me, they just aren't as vocal.

You are saying that as if it weren't obvious most otakus like ecchi.

>and i don't think not fearing sexual content is a "personal preference" thing.

How come not? It comes from personal preference and maturity of judgement to "fear sexual content", as you say, which is a really paranoid way to call "personal preference in sexuality".

>its actually silly to think theres somthing wrong with perversion.

It's fiction so is not a big deal in there. What is weird is the producers and fans, but that's another topic.

>i also don't think that throwing something in a show for pleasing purposes is just a personal preference thing.

It's marketing. Made to pander otakus. It's a colective decision of the creators/perosanl decision of the writer. So yeah, in the end, it is a personal preference (How should I cater to the majority of the fans so I can sell more?)

>the fact is desiring easy entertainment is part of the human condition, it affects us all the time and as a consequence it shows up in our media, as it should.

Easy for you to say, you have low standards and get easy entertainment every other season. Don't put all the humanity in the same sack, human desires entertainment but the ways differ, and standards do exist.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jun 6, 2016 11:51 AM

May 2016
Lobinde said:
Zelkiiro said:

Okay my bad, but my point still stands that kill la kill isn't actually very different from other ecchi anime at its core besides the more whacky, westernised style of presentation.

Now, I'm not a member of the "ecchi crew" I'm not saying that you should therefore watch and like other ecchi anime, I just find it confusing as to why you choose to place kill la kill on such a pedestal, considering its narrative is not actually smart and not even the main focus of the show.

The important difference is this:

Many ecchi titles--like Highschool of the Dead--look at the viewer with contempt, saying "Hey, I think you're a drooling moron, so here's some tits! Oh, and I hope you'll completely overlook the fact that our characters are one-dimensional as hell, because HAVE A PANTY SHOT YAYYYY~" The nudity is there simply for its own sake, and it's insulting. Weren't there supposed to be zombies or something in this sh--HOLY SHIT LOOKIT DEM TITTIES

Kill la Kill, however, is like, "Hey, we've got this story we really want to tell, but we're letting you know up front there's gonna be, like, tits and shit, because it's all a metaphor for individuality and freedom, alright? Alright. Let's jam!" The nudity is actually serving a narrative purpose, and the creators aren't insulting me every time it happens (that bath scene with Ragyo, though...that was fucking stupid).

Jun 6, 2016 11:52 AM

Aug 2015
KoreaWS said:
Nobody told you to :/

So do you have a scientific way to prove this?
Go watch them and check for yourself.

The ratings of the people easily says that shows like No Game No Life, Shokugeki no Souma are objectively better than any other average shows. Boys and Girls equally like them.
Jun 6, 2016 11:55 AM

May 2016
Z-Dante said:
KoreaWS said:

So do you have a scientific way to prove this?

The ratings of the people easily says that shows like No Game No Life, Shokugeki no Souma are objectively better than any other average shows. Boys and Girls equally like them.

Argumentum ad populum is a terrible argument.

Fullmetal Alchemist and Sword Art Online are both crazy popular, but Fullmetal Alchemist is awesome and Sword Art Online is a travesty. Popularity has no correlation with quality, good or bad.

Jun 6, 2016 11:58 AM

Oct 2015
KoreaWS said:

Z-Dante said:

So do you have a scientific way to prove this? A thoroughly researched literary method to back this up? Comparative evidence based on a multitude of titles that make a relative truth?

Or are just beign close-minded, thinking that because it is what entertained you then automatically makes it true? What's the difference, then, between you and the so called haters that also don't have a real reason?

I can agree with this, saying that certain anime have inherently better comedy is a subjective blanket statement, just like saying all ecchi anime can't tell good narratives.

KoreaWS said:

Does that means it's good for the narrative? No. It breaks it, and show that the authors don't care for narratives either. They only care for pandering.

So any aspects of a show not directly related to the narrative are pandering? How does this make sense?

Likewise I could say that anime like Ghost in the Shell are pandering to "narrative-only" people by almost-always focusing on narrative, but I wouldn't, because that would be stupid.

KoreaWS said:

>i also don't think that throwing something in a show for pleasing purposes is just a personal preference thing.

It's marketing. Made to pander otakus. It's a colective decision of the creators/perosanl decision of the writer. So yeah, in the end, it is a personal preference (How should I cater to the majority of the fans so I can sell more?)

Sorry to break the news to you, but almost all anime are made for the purposes of making sweet sweet dough and meeting profit margins. I mean Neon Genesis Evangelion, an anime lauded often as an "art, not product" work had the Death and Rebirth recap movie, made only to increase hype (and sales) for the End of Evangelion movie. Therefore just because an anime is made for business doesn't mean it lacks merit by default.

Also "otaku pandering" is a buzzword.

KoreaWS said:

>the fact is desiring easy entertainment is part of the human condition, it affects us all the time and as a consequence it shows up in our media, as it should.

Easy for you to say, you have low standards and get easy entertainment every other season. Don't put all the humanity in the same sack, human desires entertainment but the ways differ, and standards do exist.

I agree with this. I don't think low standards are necessarily bad, however. I wish I had lower standards for videogames for example, then I could enjoy more stuff.
Jun 6, 2016 11:58 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@KoreaWS

But I'm not talking about personal preferences. I'm talking about narrative. They aren't related, because you can easily dismiss narrative as long as the way entertains you, like you for example.

then you can watch the shows that don't do that? why are you acting as if theres not something for everyone out there? maybe most anime just isn't for you. you can't expect a form of media to cater mostly towards EVERYONE, if you're in the minority, go watch something else

and people like me are fine with that... again, either watch the shows that suit you, or watch something else

Two out of three there are also related to ecchi (anime is dying tend to use ecchi as an argument, loli is bad tends to be related to ecchi and how lolis are also sexualized) and the other one is just "pls confirm my taste senpais". So I don't see the unrelatedness of ecchi with the threads you tend to go and fight for.

uh.. no... lolis do not have to be sexualized for ppl to complain, and ppl don't only think anime is dying because of ecchi, ecchi has always been around, howtf could that be reason? there were plenty of heavy ecchi shows in the past. anyone who thinks anime is dying because of ecchi hasn't watched older anime or they only know the ones that ppl talk about

infact most of the time its usually just that theres no new ideas that is the complaint..... as if thats not to be expected

and i don't care what reasons ppl have for thinking anime is dying, im going to argue against them because anime in general and don't have anything to complain about. i don't think anything is killing anime and i don't think anime has any issues

You are saying that as if it weren't obvious most otakus like ecchi.

how do you know most otakus like ecchi and how do you know tons of non otakus dont?

How come not? It comes from personal preference and maturity of judgement to "fear sexual content", as you say, which is a really paranoid way to call "personal preference in sexuality".

not exactly sure what you're saying but theres no reason to fear sexual content. we just let the bad apples control us which is why were so hyper paranoid the instant anything happens. perversion does NOT automatically lead to anything bad, infact hiding perversion is more likley to end up in causing a problem than being open about it.

all censorship does is increase the problem or make more ppl want to do it

It's fiction so is not a big deal in there. What is weird is the producers and fans, but that's another topic.

weird? what is weird? wanting your characters to be sexy is weird?

theres plenty of ppl who enjoy drawing characters sexy, theres a reason 90% of anime picture sites are of sexualized anime girls, cause uh... that is what most ppl want to see and what most ppl seem to enjoy drawing at least as far as anime fans go

its not just about pandering, ppl had to react to a character type first before that character type became more popular. thats just how shit works.
i agree its silly for a creator to add something they don't like only because they think it will sell, but the fact is many of them just enjoy what the audience enjoys

well im sorry your standards are so damn high, i can't help you there. if you're not easily entertained or only like things to be done a certain way then most anime again, just isnt for you
Jun 6, 2016 11:59 AM

Aug 2015
Zelkiiro said:
Z-Dante said:

Argumentum ad populum is a terrible argument.

Fullmetal Alchemist and Sword Art Online are both crazy popular, but Fullmetal Alchemist is awesome and Sword Art Online is a travesty. Popularity has no correlation with quality, good or bad.
I never mentioned anything about popularity :/

And there's a reason why FMAB is rated 9.1 and SAO 7.8

I'm saying that, even after being ecchi, those shows are loved by all. They didn't make it into the top 100 for no reason
Jun 6, 2016 12:01 PM

Oct 2014
Z-Dante said:

Well that's inherently wrong. Ratings here tend to be based on enjoyment, not on critical judgement. Therefore, average score is tied more to general enjoyment of the users who actually care to rate compared to the quality of the shows.

The only thing those objective scores tell me is the average taste of the users, not the quality.

And mate, you talk as if I haven't watched ecchi shows to have the opinion I have, and to have the judgement I have about them.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

Jun 6, 2016 12:14 PM

Oct 2014
Lobinde said:

KoreaWS said:

So any aspects of a show not directly related to the narrative are pandering? How does this make sense?

Likewise I could say that anime like Ghost in the Shell are pandering to "narrative-only" people by almost-always focusing on narrative, but I wouldn't, because that would be stupid.

My bad, I didn't specified it was referring to ecchi, which is only there to pander to the people that likes that without caring for the narrative, most of the time.

Lobinde said:
KoreaWS said:

Sorry to break the news to you, but almost all anime are made for the purposes of making sweet sweet dough and meeting profit margins. I mean Neon Genesis Evangelion, an anime lauded often as an "art, not product" work had the Death and Rebirth recap movie, made only to increase hype (and sales) for the End of Evangelion movie. Therefore just because an anime is made for business doesn't mean it lacks merit by default.

I know. I was stating facts with that paragraph, and particularly talking about the usage of ecchi.

Lobinde said:
Also "otaku pandering" is a buzzword.

Yeah, my usage of a broad definition doesn't makes justice to what I'm trying to say. I'll try a better term next time.

@Mamster-p I don't really care about your arguments anymore.

"uh.. no... lolis do not have to be sexualized for ppl to complain, and ppl don't only think anime is dying because of ecchi, ecchi has always been around, howtf could that be reason? there were plenty of heavy ecchi shows in the past"

It is like you didn't even cared to understand my arguments. I never mentioned that lolis don't have to be sexualized, I never said ecchi didn't existed back there. You're just repeating your own default arguments, without trying to understand my points. I said what I said there to say that ecchi is tied to those elements.

So yeah, not gonna try to argue with a close minded ecchi fan again, especially when he can't accept there are reasons to hate ecchi other than a paranoid "muh sexual fear".
ThieveryJun 6, 2016 12:18 PM

Jun 6, 2016 12:17 PM

Aug 2015
Jeez, when will people learn to let people enjoy whatever shit they watch?
KoreaWS said:
Z-Dante said:

Well that's inherently wrong. Ratings here tend to be based on enjoyment, not on critical judgement. Therefore, average score is tied more to general enjoyment of the users who actually care to rate compared to the quality of the shows.

The only thing those objective scores tell me is the average taste of the users, not the quality.
And what gives you the idea that ratings based on enjoyment are wrong and everyone should be critical?
People watches shows to enjoy them, not to judge them. And people enjoys those shows which they feel like are high in quality

And mate, you talk as if I haven't watched ecchi shows to have the opinion I have, and to have the judgement I have about them.

@KoreaWS
 Asu no Yoichi! (rated with 4)
Golden Boy (rated with 7)
High School DxD (rated with 5)
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (rated with 4)
Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai (rated with 5)
Medaka Box (rated with 6)
Medaka Box Abnormal (rated with 4)
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (rated with 8)
Gawd! Among all the great ecchi shows out there, you had to pick all these shit shows to watch? Bad shows are bad, doesn't matter if they're ecchi or not. Even I disliked DxD

And guess what, you even rated a generic ecchi show 8 :/
Z-DanteJun 6, 2016 12:24 PM
Jun 6, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2013
Zelkiiro said:
Z-Dante said:

Again, the only ecchi anime that actually did something interesting with its nudity is Kill la Kill--they used nudity as a metaphor for freedom from oppression. And it was done smartly. The balls-out insane Hiroyuki Imaishi anime where sentient clothes grant superpowers is literally smarter than every other ecchi anime ever made.
Watch Kekkou Kamen, you can see where KlK drew some inspiration from. ;)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2525/Kekkou_Kamen?q=kekkou%20kamen
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 6, 2016 12:31 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@KoreaWS

i don't think you're understanding me either

im NOT saying you can't not like ecchi... nor am i saying you can't criticize it, im implying giving you MY reasons for believe people shouldn't complain about it

i didnt say you don't like ecchi because of fear of sexual content, im saying it wouldn't be such a concern to ppl if that wasn't a thing. maybe even to yourself

no one is trying to change your mind, debates/arguments are just kind of a thing on the internet, pointless or not

and ONCE AGAIN.... if i didn't see hate towards it 24/7 then i couldn't really complain, but as long as everywhere i go its the number one thing in anime ppl target, im going to keep being annoying
Jun 6, 2016 12:36 PM

Oct 2014
Z-Dante said:
Jeez, when will people learn to let people they enjoy whatever shit they watch?

Jeez, when will people learn to let other people criticize whatever shit they watch?

Z-Dante said:
KoreaWS said:

And what gives you the idea that ratings based on enjoyment are wrong and everyone should be critical?

I never said rating based on enjoyment was wrong and that everyone should be critical. I said that the aseveration"The ratings of the people easily says that shows like No Game No Life, Shokugeki no Souma are objectively better than any other average shows." is wrong because rate is based on enjoyment, not on critical judgement, and as such it can't be used as a source of trust to determine quality, since enjoyment is subjective.

Z-Dante said:
People watches shows to enjoy them, not to judge them. And people enjoys those shows which they feel like are high in quality

You are generalizing. Stop generalizing. People perception of a show =/= quality of a show.

Z-Dante said:

@KoreaWS
 Asu no Yoichi! (rated with 4)
Golden Boy (rated with 7)
High School DxD (rated with 5)
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (rated with 4)
Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai (rated with 5)
Medaka Box (rated with 6)
Medaka Box Abnormal (rated with 4)
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (rated with 8)
Gawd! Among all the great ecchi shows out there, you had to pick all these shit shows to watch? Bad shows are bad, doesn't matter if they're ecchi or not. Even I disliked DxD

Oh god, is like if there are shows that I've watched that aren't on my list. /s Well, not like the generic shounen with food porn "Shokugeki" is any better, tbh. The protagonist is always the winner and when he isn't, he comes to a tie.

Calling Golden Boy, a comedy, bad because...?

And nice use of tags, by the way. They are totally representative /s

Z-Dante said:
And guess what, you even rated a generic ecchi show 8 :/

Hmm? Why is Panty and Stocking, a show that doesn't takes itself seriously, has clever sexual jokes, nice action, fun characters and wacky animation a "generic ecchi show"? Where's the MC (garterbelt is a secondary) that gets all the bitches just by existing? Where are the serious moments, the tragic backstories? Where are the "I'm gonna protect that smile" heroic monologues from the MC?

Mamster-P said:
@KoreaWS

i don't think you're understanding me either

and ONCE AGAIN.... if i didn't see hate towards it 24/7 then i couldn't really complain, but as long as everywhere i go its the number one thing in anime ppl target, im going to keep being annoying

I wouldn't be talking about your standards neither your love for ecchi if I didn't understood you. I know why you do what you do, and that's why I'm saying, dude, you're getting too mad about it.

I'm disagreeing with you because I understand your perspective and reasons.
ThieveryJun 6, 2016 12:42 PM

Jun 6, 2016 12:43 PM

Jun 2015
@KoreaWS Being critical is still subjective. You're still adressing your thoughts on an art. It has nothing to do with your rating either, since it's to do with expressing and evaluating your thoughts, not with your score.
Jun 6, 2016 12:46 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
KoreaWS said:

I wouldn't be talking about your standards neither your love for ecchi if I didn't understood you. I know why you do what you do, and that's why I'm saying, dude, you're getting too mad about it.

I'm disagreeing with you because I understand your perspective and reasons.

congrats, you've also said the exact same things against it as many other people, nothing new you said to me either..... we met each other and had an exchange, thats how the internet works

trust me, i'd love to shut up, but the haters won't, so i won't

see me in the next loli hate/anime is dying thread
Jun 6, 2016 12:56 PM

Oct 2014
AltoRoark said:
@KoreaWS Being critical is still subjective. You're still adressing your thoughts on an art. It has nothing to do with your rating either, since it's to do with expressing and evaluating your thoughts, not with your score.

Criticism has to be based on objective facts (dialogue, camera usage, etc) and relative truths (development compared to other shows, merits, settings) in order to have a reasonable basis and be fair.

So yeah, criticism is subjective. Does it means it shouldn't be reasonable? No.

By the same token (rating has "to do with expressing and evaluating your thoughts, not with your score.") a lot of people only take subjectivity into account. Why then, if tastes are different, should I use an enjoyment-based scoring to tell the quality of a show, something that is unrelated to the enjoyment of the viewer?

I hope I didn't misunderstood your last point.

Jun 6, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
No, I'm an adult, I like adult animation, if I wanted to watch kids stuff, I'd watch DisneyXD or something like that. I like ecchi anime, as well as animation like South Park. I watch tame anime series like Aria as well, it doesn't matter as long as I like the series.
Jun 6, 2016 2:30 PM

May 2016
PeppermintHearts said:
No, I'm an adult, I like adult animation, if I wanted to watch kids stuff, I'd watch DisneyXD or something like that. I like ecchi anime, as well as animation like South Park.

Sounding a wee bit insecure, there. There's nothing innately wrong about kids' shows/movies. Hell, one of my favorite anime movies of all time, Junkers Come Here, is blatantly obviously a children's film. But it's a goddamn incredible film.

Jun 6, 2016 3:06 PM

Mar 2015
Malarkey said:
Kuma said:
anime studio not making more ecchi anime.. ecchi anime in fact declining!!!!

what happened is late night anime timeslot booming that make anime have more freedom to go all out in fanservice and many series take those oportunity...
^little to this guy
he iz smart and actually does research on what he talks about
ironicaly, everything i meantioned above is started because evangelion.... and look who derailed this thread.. shake my head...
KumaJun 6, 2016 3:16 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 6, 2016 3:11 PM

May 2015
Kuma said:
Malarkey said:
^little to this guy
he iz smart and actually does research on what he talks about
ironicaly, everything i meantioned above is started because evangelion....
I wouldnt say it's irony but yea, bc of latenight shows like Eva and Bebop, theres been a boom in anime ever since
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Jun 6, 2016 3:35 PM
Aug 2015
If it sells then more ecchi anime will be made, but this could be said to any genre...
Jun 6, 2016 4:37 PM

Feb 2015
All anime's ecchi faggot! With all the sexual innuendos on tv since the beginning of time who give s ashit. If u want to blame someone, blame god. If u're still going to complain about bad shows just don't watch them. And if it really bothers u, u're a fucking gay!
Jun 6, 2016 6:05 PM

Jun 2015
KoreaWS said:
AltoRoark said:

Criticism has to be based on objective facts (dialogue, camera usage, etc) and relative truths (development compared to other shows, merits, settings) in order to have a reasonable basis and be fair.

By the same token (rating has "to do with expressing and evaluating your thoughts, not with your score.") a lot of people only take subjectivity into account. Why then, if tastes are different, should I use an enjoyment-based scoring to tell the quality of a show, something that is unrelated to the enjoyment of the viewer?

Quality IS based on enjoyment. Tastes are different just as opinions are different.

If you want us to continue on this, then we might as well do it on our profiles.
Jun 6, 2016 6:27 PM

Aug 2010
the people that watch your ecchis and your harems are also the ones most likely to buy the figurines and the dvds/blu-rays and all the accompanying merchandise.

thats why ecchis get made, not because of the amount of views or the critical reception, its just that the community that likes them supports it more. Why would i blame them for that... Its their money.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Jun 6, 2016 6:33 PM

May 2016
people still watch that genre? It's the same bullshit every time. Maybe I should move to japan and write my own and makes tons of money.

protag-kun has a tsundere imouto. his best friend is a jealous guy because protag-kun is always with all the ladies. a hot transfer student comes in with huge fucking tits and starts hanging out with him and all the other guys in the class get pissed.

all his other friends are also chicks with huge dd tits.

-every ecchi ever.
Jun 6, 2016 6:37 PM

May 2016
Sorakaa said:
people still watch that genre? It's the same bullshit every time. Maybe I should move to japan and write my own and makes tons of money.

protag-kun has a tsundere imouto. his best friend is a jealous guy because protag-kun is always with all the ladies. a hot transfer student comes in with huge fucking tits and starts hanging out with him and all the other guys in the class get pissed.

-every ecchi ever.

Don't forget the snarking loli childhood friend who believes Protag-kun's dick belongs to her and her alone, and all of our exposition is given to us by Classmate Guy, who sits behind Protag-kun.

Jun 6, 2016 6:38 PM

May 2016
Zelkiiro said:
Sorakaa said:

-every ecchi ever.

Don't forget the snarking loli childhood friend who believes Protag-kun's dick belongs to her and her alone, and all of our exposition is given to us by Classmate Guy, who sits behind Protag-kun.

Oh yes I forgot. There is always one girl with no tits who gets jealous of the others.
Jun 6, 2016 6:40 PM

May 2015
Sorakaa said:

-every ecchi ever.

There's a good reason.
>ecchi anime comes out
>girls are cute
>doujins are made
>need to watch anime before reading doujins because of dumb privledges
>gain more masturbation material

If that's not your reason though, then what are you trying to do?
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jun 6, 2016 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
Being critical of a story in an ecchi anime is like watching porn for the story.
Jun 6, 2016 6:52 PM

May 2016
RainyRai said:
Sorakaa said:

-every ecchi ever.

There's a good reason.
>ecchi anime comes out
>girls are cute
>doujins are made
>need to watch anime before reading doujins because of dumb privledges
>gain more masturbation material

If that's not your reason though, then what are you trying to do?

Nah. Those stories usually suck balls. Generic vanilla crap. I cannot even get hard off that.

Sao gets like 80% ntr doujins same with toheart2 featuring tami nee.
Jun 6, 2016 7:31 PM

Oct 2014
AltoRoark said:
KoreaWS said:

Quality IS based on enjoyment. Tastes are different just as opinions are different.

If you want us to continue on this, then we might as well do it on our profiles.

Nah, we differ on a fundamental level. Subjectivity adds bias.

Under your logic, if I enjoy a trainwreck, then the story is of good quality.

Jun 6, 2016 7:39 PM

Mar 2015
Rance-sama said:
Being critical of a story in an ecchi anime is like watching porn for the story.
some porn does have good stories thou...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 6, 2016 7:46 PM

Jun 2015
KoreaWS said:
AltoRoark said:

We can't exactly be free of bias. If you take away all bias, you're left with nothing.

What exactly makes something a trainwreck if it's enjoyable?
Jun 6, 2016 8:03 PM

Oct 2014
AltoRoark said:
KoreaWS said:

We can't exactly be free of bias. If you take away all bias, you're left with nothing.

What exactly makes something a trainwreck if it's enjoyable?

If you take away bias, you are left with the show in it's pure form.

Plot holes, logic contradictions, unreasonable characters, etc, etc, etc. They make trainwrecks. They make the show objectively worse. People can, and they do enjoy shows that are trainwrecks. Does that makes the show good? No. Does that means it can't entertain? neither, but the truth is there, and a trainwreck is a trainwreck regardless of the enjoyment it can give to a particular individual.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Do you find modern disclaimers to be annoying?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

2 by Serafos »»
32 seconds ago

» Does your waifu have 1st world problems?

Catalano - Sep 18

12 by MasterTasuke »»
10 minutes ago

» Which upcoming anime are you most excited about and why?

KyanBun - Yesterday

32 by Saku33 »»
17 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

66 by Jackson1333 »»
19 minutes ago

» What anime studio has the best track record for consistent bangers?

Reshiram_IX - 6 hours ago

23 by TsutanaiFuun »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.