Forum Settings
Forums

What is it about society that disappoints you so much?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 19, 2016 4:35 PM

May 2016
Everything tbh, I would list but it'll be a very long paragraph. My main concern would be about ignorance, i don't know how many people I met just accepted things without questioning where it came from.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
May 19, 2016 4:40 PM

Apr 2013
Cookies said:
SolitudeHermit said:

They say ignorance is bliss, so you must be one happy person living like a moron. Congrats.
Thanks I'm glad you're happy with the way I'm currently living my life. I hope you find happiness in your life too c:
I did not expect this to have a happy ending. I'm proud of both of you.
May 19, 2016 5:01 PM

Apr 2016
Their ignorance and plain lack of open mindedness. Even people who seem exceptionally smart on certain topics use the generalizations on other things.

I guess if you want to experience what i'm talking about try being a devil's advocate for pedophilia. You'll be blocked, called names, people will use stereotypes to make you seem disreputable, etc.

I'm not surprised they are ignorant of such a subject, but they will outright refuse evidence on your side, saying its biased. Are you saying the media you read of only horrible things and lack of concrete evidence isn't biased? Even psychology can be biased in what they research and how when it comes to this subject.
They're busy researching dumb crap about child molesters like if they have better or worse iq in a certain subject than normal people and there results aren't conclusive on any of it. They never bothered to question the nature of consent and decided handedness and iq difference was more important.

It'll be too long for me to explain everything, but it's mainly the outright refusal to look at both sides and research a subject well.I don't hate ignorance as much as willfull ignorance. I respect that ppl just don't have the time to research every topic. But if your ignorant because of that you should not speak on the issue.

I also understand the term "ignorance" can be thrown around excessively. But when the answers to something are "it just is that way. Also it's bad" without being able to go into detail its pitiful.
DementedkaliberMay 19, 2016 5:05 PM
May 19, 2016 5:06 PM

Apr 2016
1. Single mothers should be executed
being a single mother is the worst thing you can possibly do to a child, you bring it into a world with no familial structure, without financial security, and most importantly without a father.
Women are incapable of raising men or women, but in the case of men they craft this generation of beta males, because they for whatever reason, believe that they want to be treated kindly and respected by their man when they are dating and fucking (selecting) these males that use them like a glory hole and then fuck off to not even raise their child, they are fundamentally ruining that male's sexual selection and raising a eunuch, a eunuch who will parrot the values of his mother and other women, or the reverse they raise a hyper criminal drug lord, without any paternal guidance men and women go to society for a dad. Women make terrible parents, look at all the statistics.

In reality woman shouldn't be able to vote, they don't understand issues, they rather pick based on feelings, they cannot govern, Trudeau and Merkel are exemplars of this. Women have ruined society while the whole time all their movements, civil rights, feminism, suffrage, are led by white jewish men. They don't even have the power they claim, it's like handing a child a gun.

To fix society we need to realize people ARE NOT equal, you cannot allow someone with a birth defect to have children, you cannot allow someone with a war religion to practice it openly. We need to restrict those freedoms and instill harsher punishment.

Ideally I would have perfect immortality and command the world governments as a monarch.
May 19, 2016 5:18 PM
Oct 2014
Many things. As a whole it seems like society is on its decline. There is little if any future optimism. There is little that's worth fighting for, nor to protect. What would it be? Degeneracy?

After the fall of the Berlin wall it seems like the West has slowly lost its cohesion. Values and virtues that we held high are undermined and about to perish away with time. We don't live for something that is bigger than us anymore and therefore we lack direction and meaning that hold us together. We live for things that are only temporarily and thus very shallow. It makes us as a whole empty and weak.

We have great challenges ahead of us in this century. The economy is stagnant, prices are high, deep national debt, birth rates are below replacement and a whole continent is dying, migrant crisis, multiculturalism, terrorism, enviromental issues, etc, etc. There is probably some war we can look forward to as well. I talk about this a lot but you notice that people are still dreaming. Apparently it has to get worse before people can realise that we need to get back on track again.

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but the question is if we really will survive this. If so, we need confidence. A confidence which we currently don't have. We must stop living on the hope and take control over our own destiny instead. Otherwise, society as we know it will be a memory. I am convinced however that we can get through this and some day proudly tell our successors that we indeed made it, if there's only the will to.

May 19, 2016 5:19 PM
Jul 2015
There are lot of things wrong in this world, but society is not one of them. Society is only the product of people living togheter for the sake of the mutual benefict, while acording to respect certain rules. This is a human behavior, so saying this is wrong implies saying humanity itself is wrong. I don't think you are that edgy, OP.

Complain about economy, complain about politics, complain about education, but don't complain about what lets you posting your stupid rant here on internet.

May 19, 2016 5:49 PM

Mar 2011
The majority seem more apathetic than I think they are? or maybe
There is so much diversity (which isn't too bad) that the things are starting to appear similar? or how
Despite this being the age of more accessibility to information, people seem to still be misinformed.

Those are things common between societies and eras, granted the scenarios are different. In other words, we can live with it or we can choose to leave, and I like this one better than the other choices.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
May 20, 2016 8:53 AM

Jan 2016
Society failed to see what's actually matter.
"The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply." - Unknown
May 20, 2016 9:03 AM

May 2015
RedTie said:
M00ner said:
Kids are growing up too fast.

They start getting their own cellphones, ipads and iphones in elementary school. That's the start of kids not having much of a childhood. There are less children outside playing and more inside their houses with their technology. And the more time they are using technology the more they feel self conscious, lose their innocence and start judging people at a very young age (if they have any social media and watch YouTube videos).

I've seen 13 year olds wearing clothes and makeup that makes them look like they're 16+. Like, what the hell? Slow the fuck down. Enjoy being a pre-teen/kid while you're at that age.

Pretty much my train of thought. I didn't spend that much time connected as some of the little ones these days. Wish they'd take it slower.

Parents should stop with their moral panics, their fear of the outside world and their worship of the school system.

Maybe if there were more public playgrounds, if kids didn't spend so much time in school they could play outside.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What type of physical affection do you crave/Fantasize the most about?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

9 by Taiyaa »»
4 minutes ago

» I think zodiac signs are more real than people think ( 1 2 )

Taiyaa - Oct 13, 2023

53 by Sad »»
12 minutes ago

» Is MAL dying?

TsutanaiFuun - 3 hours ago

11 by Zarutaku »»
15 minutes ago

» Biggest life hot takes? ( 1 2 )

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 15

85 by Zarutaku »»
21 minutes ago

» Talk to your waifu

EmperorThor - Jan 11, 2023

31 by vasipi4946 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.