Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 30, 2016 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
Drunk_Samurai said:
Someone32 said:

No you didn't you said a downloadable file, you said nothing about size or anything about a torrent client, and if you did know. Why didn't you addthem to the simplified definition, if those two qualities are so important in understanding the defination?

Actually, it does matter different countries follow different rules, so it's irrelevant proof to use(yes I did and I called it a mistake). Actually, it is an illegal business if your purpose is to circumvent access controls in Europe.
https://pagefair.com/blog/2015/despite-the-hype-isp-adblocking-is-a-no-go-in-europe/
Which is the same to ours in section 103 in where it says "No person shall circumvent a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work protected under this title." So I assumed it was illegal over here too, but it's just the adblockers themselves haven't been taken in court in the USA yet. I guess if you follow the innocent until proven guilty rule, then it is technically still is legal here, but seeing how it ended in Europe, it's probably going to end the same here.Which is why I said it was an opinion for the time being.Read the edit, it's important!Since you didn't feel like reading it the last time, let me tell you what I said, I admitted you kind of won since people are arguing on whether or not it should be illegal.In other words, I'm tired about talking about legal stuff with you, you won shut up, please.

Google has a Dictionary that said the exact same thing. Also, the word steal didn't specify what type of "take" it has to be(though now looking at it, I said "verb" instead of a "noun" which was my bad).Either way, it still says nothing about having to be a physical thing nor having to be the original property.

"Not to mention you can't steal a quote from a movie anyway. "

Screams into a pillowI never said that and it wasn't an analogy. You said that to take something that it had to be a physical thing I used that to prove to you that it didn't have to be a physical thing in order to take it.

No, he didn't he said that quote on quote "Otherwise, well, there ain't that many options left ^^". He wasn't claiming that they were less illegal options left, and after he specified that he wasn't talking about illegal options.
"Haha, well it seems you misunderstood me, but maybe I was a bit vague too ^^

Anyways, I'm well aware of what you're saying, my point was more that if you can't find what you want on either Crunchyroll, Netflix and I would have also said Funnimation, but they somewhat merged with Crunchyroll recently and thus, quite a bit of their stuff can be accessed without subscribing to their website, well, there's pretty much only illegal streaming sites left and yes, I do know that they're definitely not short on numbers!"

Well, that doesn't matter I don't want to start a debate about it anyway, I was just joking around with the last comment to try stop the hostility coming from us. Pretty soon here we might be throwing around personal insults, which of course wouldn't be good.

Because a torrent file IS a downloadable file. I also already linked to where it was found to be legal in Germany which is part of Europe so your link is irrelevant. They will never be illegal. Google most definitely doesn't have a dictionary unless you're talking about the Google Chrome spellchecker where you can add words to a dictionary.

Here's now the definition of the word take which is part of the word steal. take
verb
[WITH OBJECT]

1Lay hold of (something) with one's hands; reach for and hold.
‘he leaned forward to take her hand’

Copyright infringement will not and literally CANNOT be theft because the original is still there unlike walking into a store and actually TAKING the anime instead of downloading it.

Tylaen said:
Curving the argument to be about the literal definition of theft does you no favors.

At least you tried.
What's the point of debating with someone if they never listen...
Oct 30, 2016 4:13 PM

Jan 2015
I spend my money on things that I need, not things that I want. I'm on an extremely limited income so my money is going towards things I need to survive like food, rent, clothes, bills, the necessities. Anime is not a necessarily, it's a luxury. That I can't afford to spend money on right now.
And people will likely say 'you're on the computer and you have the internet which are also luxuries". Yes they are, but the computer was a gift from my sister that she will NOT let me sell (who's a social worker and makes good money) and the internet is split between my sister and I so it's not like I'm paying for all this myself.

If anime disappeared tomorrow, I'm not going to die. Because it's not something I NEED. It's something I enjoy as a hobby and it would suck if it disappeared but it's not going to kill me and I doubt it will kill anyone else either.

So in short, yes, I watch illegally because that's the only way I can watch it right now. I'm not spending 50 dollars for a DvD that has 12 episodes on it when that 50 dollars is better spent towards food or clothes. The people that are spending their money on DvDs and BluRays, more power to you. Must be nice to have that kind of money to spare, but don't talk down to people that can't afford to throw money at subscriptions and DvDs when they're on limited incomes and have to spend their money on things they need to survive. Anime merchandise and DvDs are expensive. And even $7 a month might not seem like a lot in and of itself, but that too can add up over time.

Edit: Also I know some people might say "you can't afford to watch anime legally then you shouldn't watch it." Unless you are directly affected how I do or do not watch anime (like you are in Japan with the creators actually making anime) then don't proceed tell me, or anyone who watches anime the illegal way what they should or shouldn't do. BTW: this isn't really directed at a specific person.
ArillionOct 30, 2016 6:53 PM
Oct 30, 2016 5:27 PM

Aug 2007
Someone32 said:

Well now that's just plain ironic..
Oct 31, 2016 2:53 AM

Apr 2015
Someone32 said:
There is nothing to debate. The piper man is just very stubborn about having good vibes In his stomach when he downloads stuff illegally.
Oct 31, 2016 2:55 AM

Aug 2013
FireEmblemIke24 said:
j0x said:
download master race

In point.
>streaming.
Ending of topic.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 31, 2016 3:20 AM

Feb 2013
Drunk_Samurai said:
Google most definitely doesn't have a dictionary unless you're talking about the Google Chrome spellchecker where you can add words to a dictionary.
Actually, you can search for "define [word]" and it will give you the definition from Oxford dictionary.

e.g. https://www.google.ro/search?q=define+truth | how it should look like: http://i.imgur.com/Vk11ImZ.png

I think it doesn't work by default on non-english googles, so you need to click "use Google.com" on the Google home page, or set the language to english somehow.
romagiaOct 31, 2016 3:23 AM
Oct 31, 2016 3:25 AM

Feb 2008
Legal streaming for me. At this rate I will mainly stream legal anime instead of downloading it altogether.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oct 31, 2016 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
Unfortunately, streaming sites like Crunchyroll suffer a severe lack of content with anything that's not airing or hasn't aired recently. Considering almost all anime that has aired is available via the use of public/private trackers with a ton of quality options, convincing me to abstain of downloading illegally entirely would be difficult.
Additionally, the Crunchyroll player on the website and phone sucks ass, so I'd prefer using a media player.

Crunchyroll takes something like 50% of the cut from premium subscriptions, while the other 50% is given to the studio (which may not necessarily mean it goes to the staff). If you just wanted to support the industry, buy the licensed DVDs, or order them internationally from Japan.
This, along with the convenience of being able to watch it on my phone, are the only reasons I keep my streaming subscriptions.

It's just a bit easier than downloading, but I'll probably end up cancelling it in the future because it's not exactly worth the money.

raym00Oct 31, 2016 6:02 AM
Oct 31, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2007
Tylaen said:
Someone32 said:
There is nothing to debate. The piper man is just very stubborn about having good vibes In his stomach when he downloads stuff illegally.

I have no vibes at all. I just don't care. The whole point of that debate is that copyright infringement isn't theft anyway. They're two completely different crimes.
Oct 31, 2016 4:48 PM
Sep 2015
I live in England...illegal streaming is quite common here, as anywhere else.
Nov 1, 2016 12:24 AM

Apr 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tylaen said:

I have no vibes at all. I just don't care. The whole point of that debate is that copyright infringement isn't theft anyway. They're two completely different crimes.
Kek

If I was the literal incarnation of the law or a lawyer, that might have mattered to me. I don't have to split hairs to a molecular level, so some smartass can't find a loophole and essentially commit the same crime.

Essentially the same crime, different wording. Theft Is still theft, even if you insist on curving the argument to convince others.
TylaenNov 1, 2016 5:46 AM
Nov 1, 2016 1:54 PM

Aug 2007
Tylaen said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Kek

If I was the literal incarnation of the law or a lawyer, that might have mattered to me. I don't have to split hairs to a molecular level, so some smartass can't find a loophole and essentially commit the same crime.

Essentially the same crime, different wording. Theft Is still theft, even if you insist on curving the argument to convince others.

Yes. Theft is theft. However copyright infringement isn't theft even going by the dictionary definition of the word theft.
Nov 1, 2016 4:37 PM

Apr 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tylaen said:
Kek

Yes. Theft is theft. However copyright infringement isn't theft even going by the dictionary definition of the word theft.

Given your predictable behavior of targeting my not so specific wording over what, I hope, you're aware of I actually mean; we have nothing to talk about.
TylaenNov 1, 2016 4:45 PM
Nov 1, 2016 7:01 PM

Aug 2007
Tylaen said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Given your predictable behavior of targeting my not so specific wording over what, I hope, you're aware of I actually mean; we have nothing to talk about.

The only thing you are doing is calling copyright infringement theft. That's it.
Nov 2, 2016 1:22 AM

Apr 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tylaen said:

The only thing you are doing is calling copyright infringement theft. That's it.
The only thing you are doing Is refusing to acknowledge copyright infringement as form of stealing. That's it.
Nov 2, 2016 11:53 PM

Aug 2007
Tylaen said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

The only thing you are doing Is refusing to acknowledge copyright infringement as form of stealing. That's it.

That would be because copyright infringement isn't theft and cannot be theft. It isn't theft legally and it isn't theft by the actual definition.
Nov 3, 2016 4:56 AM

Apr 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tylaen said:

That would be because copyright infringement isn't theft and cannot be theft. It isn't theft legally and it isn't theft by the actual definition.
As previously said, molecular hairsplitting. "Theft" Is inevitably the act of "stealing" the property of another, whether that property Is of intangible origin or not. That It does not deprive the original from the user Is a detail that unfortunately does not warrant the " big stupid stick" treatment outside of a courtroom and not everyday use, where the definition Is not razor sharp to absurd levels.
TylaenNov 3, 2016 4:59 AM
Nov 3, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2007
Tylaen said:
As previously said, molecular hairsplitting. "Theft" Is inevitably the act of "stealing" the property of another, whether that property Is of intangible origin or not. That It does not deprive the original from the user Is a detail that unfortunately does not warrant the " big stupid stick" treatment outside of a courtroom and not everyday use, where the definition Is not razor sharp to absurd levels.

It would be because they are different crimes and definitions. As already stated it is impossible something to have been stolen when you commit copyright infringement. It really is that simple.
Nov 3, 2016 7:34 PM

May 2014
I don't wish to support the anime industry so why would I stream by legal manners lol
Nov 3, 2016 11:40 PM

Apr 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tylaen said:

It would be because they are different crimes and definitions. As already stated it is impossible something to have been stolen when you commit copyright infringement. It really is that simple.
Repeating the answer you already gave me is not convincing of anything except your eagerness to repeat points.
Nov 4, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2007
Tylaen said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Repeating the answer you already gave me is not convincing of anything except your eagerness to repeat points.

I don't have to convince you of anything. You were already proven wrong many posts ago.
Nov 4, 2016 7:25 PM

Mar 2010
Forced to watch illegal. Well, "forced" as in I want to watch anime but I can't do it legal. I hope that I can someday somehow support the studios.

Nov 4, 2016 8:20 PM

Apr 2015
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tylaen said:

I don't have to convince you of anything. You were already proven wrong many posts ago.
Whatever makes you sleep at night, bruh.
Nov 4, 2016 10:33 PM

Aug 2007
Tylaen said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Whatever makes you sleep at night, bruh.

Coffee means I don't sleep at night.
Dec 1, 2016 8:35 AM
Dec 2016
Not trying to bump up this thread, but I chose illegal. Because I can't afford Netflix or Hulu to stream cartoons. I'm on a very tight budget. So I have to use my money for food, clothes and bills. That's why I use KissCartoon for streaming cartoons and KissAnime for streaming anime. Even if I did have money to buy DVDs to support the companies who develop the cartoons and anime, some of those companies probably wouldn't make DVDs for them. This is why I haven't been able to purchase the Golden Age of Looney Tunes Laserdisc sets.
Dec 1, 2016 9:10 AM

Feb 2013
MerrieMelodies said:
Not trying to bump up this thread, but I chose illegal. Because I can't afford Netflix or Hulu to stream cartoons. I'm on a very tight budget. So I have to use my money for food, clothes and bills. That's why I use KissCartoon for streaming cartoons and KissAnime for streaming anime. Even if I did have money to buy DVDs to support the companies who develop the cartoons and anime, some of those companies probably wouldn't make DVDs for them. This is why I haven't been able to purchase the Golden Age of Looney Tunes Laserdisc sets.
:^) :^) :^) except you totally did

on a side note, there is a surprisingly large number of answers in the poll

dig the username btw
Dec 1, 2016 12:20 PM

Jun 2007
MerrieMelodies said:
How much does it cost to stream anime with ads on Crunchyroll and Funimation?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Dec 1, 2016 4:15 PM

Jul 2014
I used to use legal streaming sites but it just become inconvenient with the airing shows I want to watch being split across multiple services or not being available at all. I now just solely download and buy merchandise instead.
The truth is best told straight.
Dec 2, 2016 6:33 PM

Aug 2007
Zalis said:
MerrieMelodies said:
How much does it cost to stream anime with ads on Crunchyroll and Funimation?

It also costs $0 for the people in other countries who can't stream on those sites.
Dec 2, 2016 11:45 PM

Jun 2007
And the award for most irrelevant comment goes to...!
Drunk_Samurai said:

It also costs $0 for the people in other countries who can't stream on those sites.
So what? MerrieMelodies' comment of "I can't afford Netflix and Hulu" implies that they're located in an area where Netflix and Hulu are available. While they don't have location (or gender) info on their profile, why would they say they "can't afford" sites that they can't access in the first place?

And this goes back to a common theme in these threads: people saying they're too young/poor/unemployed/credit-card deficient to use legal streaming sites, and thus (because downloading is apparently a lost art that only supergeniuses can practice) they're "forced" to use bootleg streams. But assuming they're in the right location, there's nothing stopping these money-poor, time-rich viewers from watching free legal streams with ads, except that "I can't afford CR/Funi" really means "I don't feel like watching ads, waiting a week, or viewing in SD."

Dec 3, 2016 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
The thing I love about such threads are the people who are extremely defensive about being leeches who would kill the industry if it relied on them.
Dec 3, 2016 4:16 AM

Aug 2013
Illegal all the way. Can't afford legal. I don't have a constant job, or even part time since i'm still in school. Maybe a few little one time jobs just to get some cash for random shit i need. When i have a salary, i'll definitely use Crunchyroll.
Dec 3, 2016 5:19 AM

Dec 2016
I always use illegal sites simply due to the fact that legal sites have a relatively limited library compared to illegal ones(or if you can find them all legally on different sites then you'll have to manage multiple accounts for multiple sites since they all require an account, and maybe you don't want to pay for a certain site if the only thing you're interested on there is one thing and nothing else). I would still be willing to pay out some money for a premium though if I got a decent value out of it, as in having a reasonable sized library. I think one of the main problems here is that legal sites have to worry about copyright stuff which can take time, and sometimes is actually a permanent obstacle if the anime's creators aren't very open about contact information.
Computron365Dec 3, 2016 5:24 AM
Dec 3, 2016 6:55 AM
Aug 2015
I'm subscribed to Crunchyroll so will always go there first if I want to watch something. If it isn't there I might consider downloading.

Biggest problem with CR is their back catalogue is pretty small. They've a great deal of stuff from the last few years, but very little from before that. I'm not going to sign up to multiple streaming services to get all my anime and I don't even have a DVD player anymore so I'm not going to be buying physical copies. Crunchyroll is a pretty good deal even as it is though and I can see myself continuing to subscribe, even if I wish they had everything.
rawrXtinaDec 3, 2016 6:59 AM
Dec 3, 2016 12:11 PM

Aug 2007
Zalis said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

So what? MerrieMelodies' comment of "I can't afford Netflix and Hulu" implies that they're located in an area where Netflix and Hulu are available. While they don't have location (or gender) info on their profile, why would they say they "can't afford" sites that they can't access in the first place?

And this goes back to a common theme in these threads: people saying they're too young/poor/unemployed/credit-card deficient to use legal streaming sites, and thus (because downloading is apparently a lost art that only supergeniuses can practice) they're "forced" to use bootleg streams. But assuming they're in the right location, there's nothing stopping these money-poor, time-rich viewers from watching free legal streams with ads, except that "I can't afford CR/Funi" really means "I don't feel like watching ads, waiting a week, or viewing in SD."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network No it doesn't imply that. It only works if they actually state they are in North America.

mcpw said:
The thing I love about such threads are the people who are extremely defensive about being leeches who would kill the industry if it relied on them.

The industry is not fucking dying. Jesus Christ.
Dec 3, 2016 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
Drunk_Samurai said:

mcpw said:

Thus the use of "if". The point is, if people don't pay for a product, there is no product.
Dec 4, 2016 1:26 PM
Dec 2016
Zalis said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

So because I can't use Netflix or Hulu, my comment is irrelevant from your perspective? Some of us don't have a lot of money like others do. Let's say even if I did have the money for Netflix or Hulu, maybe the library of shows will be huge. Then again, maybe it is limited (just as others stated in this thread here.) There are cartoon shows that have all seasons finished with a movie or two, and a few specials, but aren't released on DVDs to the public. Same for some animes. The only way people can obtain some of those cartoons and animes (that don't get released to the public for whatever reason) is through DVR'ing them or obtaining them illegally through torrents and other online websites.
Anyways, while some people do get a lot of money on a day-to-day basis, others of us don't have it like that. That's why I use KissCartoon and KissAnime, (and no, I don't feel guilty using those whatsoever.) And by using Kiss, it's not like none of those shows that I watch on there will cease to exist. There are a portion of people who don't use Kiss (who are people who purchase DVDs, BTW) that keep the creators making the anime and cartoons.
Dec 4, 2016 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
MerrieMelodies said:
Well, there are legal anime sites that are free and the ones that aren't are pretty cheap you get a month worth of anime for $11-$6 dollars. Here's a list to help you:
http://www.theoasg.com/resources/how-you-can-watch-anime-legally-in-2016/65
Dec 4, 2016 6:06 PM

Jun 2007
MerrieMelodies said:
So because I can't use Netflix or Hulu, my comment is irrelevant from your perspective? Some of us don't have a lot of money like others do. Let's say even if I did have the money for Netflix or Hulu, maybe the library of shows will be huge.
Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough, but the "irrelevant comment" bit was directed at Drunk_Samurai for his use of the "But what about muh other countries?" distraction tactic. The point is: some legal anime streaming sites like Crunchyroll and Funimation can be used for free without credit card numbers or anything. What's stopping you (and others in your situation) from using them?

Anyways, while some people do get a lot of money on a day-to-day basis, others of us don't have it like that. That's why I use ---, (and no, I don't feel guilty using those whatsoever.) And by using Kiss, it's not like none of those shows that I watch on there will cease to exist. There are a portion of people who don't use Kiss (who are people who purchase DVDs, BTW) that keep the creators making the anime and cartoons.
But what if those people decide to stop purchasing discs because they find they can save money by pirating? Or if they age out or move on from the fandom, and no one replaces them as collectors? True, pirating currently-existing shows doesn't stop them from existing, but the revenue diversion to bootleg streaming sites hobbles the industry's ability to maintain or increase the quality or quantity of anime being made in the future. Relying on other people's money to subsidize your entertainment isn't a viable strategy for keeping that entertainment flowing in the long term.

Dec 4, 2016 6:25 PM

May 2014
Streaming is shit just DL yo shit...
Dec 8, 2016 12:19 AM
Dec 2016
why thinking of so much if 24kmovies.com is here where you can enjoy full length hollywood movies online or stream anytime. ALso download is option is available here on site.
Dec 8, 2016 12:41 AM
Jan 2016
Until now i always used illegal streaming because i guess i just wasnt that interested in anime but now that i watched a lot of anime I feel obliged to at least buy a subscription to a legal streaming site, so next month I will buy a ps4 and I will stream from crunchyroll.
Dec 8, 2016 6:31 AM

Mar 2014
Illegal for the win...I mean hey not everyone can watch their animes, espcially if it aint licensed
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 8, 2016 6:42 AM

Feb 2016
Illegal.

For me to use some legal streaming service, I'd need it to be more of a all in one. I thought about Crunchyroll but it's primarily subbed if I'm not mistaken. I like dub if it's available, so a sub only option isn't ideal for me.

Considering I'm not willing to do multiple subs (E.G Crunchyroll + FUNimation), there's nothing out there that I know of. So, illegal for now when I want to watch online.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Dec 10, 2016 9:36 PM

Aug 2007
mcpw said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Thus the use of "if". The point is, if people don't pay for a product, there is no product.

If they never would have bought the product in the first place then there still wouldn't be a product.
Dec 10, 2016 9:38 PM

Dec 2008
I have both Crunchyroll and Funimation accounts so I stick to those.

However, if I didn't have them I would stick to illegal streaming.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect, part 2.

Gashadokur0 - 5 hours ago

19 by eblf2013 »»
53 seconds ago

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - 1 hour ago

7 by Ohayotaku »»
1 minute ago

» Who is your Favorite Waifu in Pokémon? ( 1 2 )

Jackof-allspades - May 26

51 by BigBoyAdvance »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime would you consider a Soft-Seinen?

Yuusey - 17 minutes ago

1 by eblf2013 »»
2 minutes ago

» Why Trap Characters are good

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

19 by Yuusey »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.