Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 10, 2020 3:15 AM

May 2014
I enjoyed the additional content about Fate's mum. The film definitely suffers from the issue of things feelings too rushed, we don't really spend enough time with Nanoha and her friends to connect with them. The animation quality is of course a huge improvement, but i feel it's lost a lot of the style and charm the original series had. Fate and Nanoha's relationship wasn't as good either, i loved how in the original series Fate took quite a few episodes before she even showed up.

Regardless of some issues, it was still an enjoyable film. 7/10
Jul 4, 2021 6:26 AM

Aug 2018
I like how Nanoha meets Yuuno, as well as how she learns magic, not knowing it at first..
If bureau was working for quite some time.. Couldn't they ask for additional forces?.. Or everyone are already overloaded in the galaxies?.. Well, could be a thing, really.. I mean, maybe not only on Earth right now some stuff is happening.. Might as well some shit happens all over the existence..
I also like how Nanoha helps Fate with 7 seeds..
Interesting to see what Testarossa actually did in the past.. Precia, I mean..
Last Nanoha's attack in battle with Fate was impressive.. ;P
Giving more screen time for Precia was certainly the right decision.. It's more understandable about Fate's past.. How she used to live.. As well as about Precia.. Speaking about past, Fate was for a really long time just living life, training for becoming a mage, it seems.. And it wasn't the hardest of life, or Precia didn't hit her constantly or anything.. Even if Precia didn't interact or meet with Fate much, or even if at all.. It was still a peaceful life for a long time for Fate.. Precia didn't give you love, Fate.. She didn't love you.. But she still gave you life.. And there are other people, who actually love you.. Arf, Bardish, Nanoha.. And later also new persons as well, of course..
And Precia.. Precia is a woman with depression of losing her daughter.. With depression and obsession to fix things for a very long time.. Well, after all she believed she had a way to fix things.. Wouldn't person try to use way he knows in this case, really?.. Also her cruelty to Fate - is towards the very end, during final mission, I guess.. Yeah - it's questionable.. And it hurt Fate.. But it's also understandable, if to see that Precia lived through years with all of this.. Snapping and telling some shit in this situation?.. It is easier to understand.. Than when we don't know what she went through and in which condition she was.. Precia is a stubborn person, who couldn't accept Fate, because she was dedicated fully to Alicia..
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Nanoha The Movie 1st Soundtrack is awesome!

Alpha-Methyl - Aug 15, 2017

0 by Alpha-Methyl »»
Aug 15, 2017 5:57 AM

» Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 1st

Me262 - Apr 8, 2017

4 by InsaneLeader13 »»
Apr 8, 2017 4:47 PM

» Watch the Movie or the Tv series?

JoeLT - Dec 11, 2011

6 by AkitaSaito »»
Mar 20, 2014 10:01 PM

» Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

t0ny - Jan 25, 2011

4 by AirStyles »»
Jan 26, 2011 12:56 AM

» Chapter Timecodes?

scifantasy - Jan 19, 2011

0 by scifantasy »»
Jan 19, 2011 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.