Forum Settings
Forums

Do you value online friendship the same as IRL friendship?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 5, 2015 12:56 AM

Mar 2014
geniobastardo said:
geniobastardo said:
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Feb 2014
Absalom- said:
I wish I got here earlier.

People with LOGH avatars are not meant to be valued. Overprivileged white male cis scum.

Mar 2014
geniobastardo said:
geniobastardo said:
~Oscar
[/i]
Mar 5, 2015 12:57 AM

Mar 2014
geniobastardo said:
geniobastardo said:
~Oscar
[/i]
Mar 5, 2015 12:57 AM

Feb 2015
TheRealNico said:

No, that's what he said. Again, reading comprehension.
Mar 5, 2015 12:58 AM
Feb 2014
aloricg said:
TheRealNico said:

No, that's what he said. Again, reading comprehension.

Who?

I don't believe you. No one in their right mind would do what he did.

Jan 2014
aloricg said:
So.. riddle me this..

How does someone try to kill themself multiple times in 7 years and fail repeatedly if they're at all serious about it and not just trying to get attention?

Killing yourself is pretty hard.

Pro tip.

Mar 2014
geniobastardo said:
geniobastardo said:
~Oscar
[/i]
Mar 5, 2015 12:59 AM
Feb 2014
Absalom- said:
aloricg said:
So.. riddle me this..

How does someone try to kill themself multiple times in 7 years and fail repeatedly if they're at all serious about it and not just trying to get attention?

Pro tip.

Don't give him privilege.

Feb 2015
Absalom- said:
aloricg said:
So.. riddle me this..

Pro tip.

No, it's not.. really really not.

Jun 2014
aloricg said:
So.. riddle me this..

When you are scared, it is hard to kill yourself. You can be having serious suicide thoughts, but the instant you are in the act of killing yourself, you self-consciously stop yourself.

Mar 5, 2015 1:00 AM

Mar 2014
geniobastardo said:
geniobastardo said:
~Oscar
[/i]
Mar 5, 2015 1:00 AM

Feb 2015
Nope
Mar 5, 2015 1:04 AM

Feb 2015
zat-bust said:
aloricg said:
So.. riddle me this..

When you are scared, it is hard to kill yourself. You can be having serious suicide thoughts, but the instant you are in the act of killing yourself, you self-consciously stop yourself.

Doesn't that just make you a whiny bitch?
Mar 5, 2015 1:08 AM

Jan 2014
aloricg said:
zat-bust said:

http://i.imgur.com/ZMWTHmp.png
Mar 5, 2015 1:11 AM

Jun 2014
aloricg said:
zat-bust said:

Well only if you complain about life to other people, but for all those quiet suicidals, I don't think so.

Mar 5, 2015 1:12 AM

Feb 2015
Absalom- said:
aloricg said:

http://i.imgur.com/ZMWTHmp.png

I feel like you don't understand how graphs work.. unless that was meant to be a compliment.
Mar 5, 2015 1:15 AM

Jan 2014
aloricg said:
I feel like you don't understand how graphs work.. unless that was meant to be a compliment.

I was in a hurry.
Mar 5, 2015 1:15 AM

Feb 2015
zat-bust said:
aloricg said:

Well only if you complain about life to other people, but for all those quiet suicidals, I don't think so.

Which is exactly what he was doing here, so i'm justified in calling him a whiny bitch per your expert opinion.
Mar 5, 2015 3:27 AM

Oct 2012
yes

Mar 5, 2015 3:29 AM

Jun 2008
BunnyMe said:
Touchable friends are better XD

Because they can become friend with benefits. ^_-

Jul 2012
I see this thread only got worse after I left.

May 2013
if i've known them forever and all that jazz sure its close but not 100%
Mar 5, 2015 3:32 AM

Sep 2014
It depends. Mostly I value IRL relationship much more, but there are exceptions. Sometimes you can just found someone in the net who is like your other half. If you really trust your online friens, you can share things what are hard to share in IRL. I, for example, am quite bad for talking about my problems in real life, but sometimes writing about them helps.

I have a one person, who I consider a really good friend, even if we are never seen each other. He knows more about me than perhaps any other.
Mar 5, 2015 4:35 AM

Jun 2013
I value them more than a IRL friendship. It's hard to talk to IRL friends about certain things because most of them are virgins, and I want to talk about everything.
"Say it again, but sexier." - TRQ

Mar 5, 2015 4:59 AM

Oct 2012
definitely
it's easy to meet new people on the internet, but slower for you to really build a bond with someone
yet it can happen, especially if you take your relationship beyond the place you first meet
and if it happens, it's valuable

i have online friends around the world whom i talk with every day... we talk a lot with instant messaging, and in social networks, games, physical letters and postcards... importantly: we send each other pictures of ourselves or our lives (which is incredibly easy if you've got a smartphone), and occasionally we call each other if neither of us are busy

we've never touched each other
but that's gay
and there's a fairly decent chance we'll be able to someday anyway

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Mar 5, 2015 5:40 AM

Apr 2014
Yes, behind that monitor is a person after all. An online friend who you talk to most of the time would probably weigh more than those friends who are just like passing by. Communication is important. The friendship still depends if the feeling of wanting to be friends is mutual because even if you treat them like what you treat irl friends, if they were just kidding around I don't know anymore. I think having online friends isn't bad like on MAL plus you share the same interests, something that some irl friends won't understand.
Mar 5, 2015 5:50 AM
Jul 2018
Yup. Depends on the person, really.
Mar 5, 2015 5:58 AM

Feb 2013
sammario said:
This is of course implying OP has friends IRL, as I think he would know the answer if he did.

I have IRL friends but never experiencied an online friendship, that's why I made this thread :)

Mar 5, 2015 5:59 AM

Jun 2014
Equal levels. Friends are friends, whether you can touch them, hear them or see them because in the end you communicate with them to develop a stronger relationship by getting to know the individual. I value all my friends, virtual and reality, and have full trust in them all. Isn't it great to meet people in other places though?! :D
Mar 5, 2015 6:10 AM

Jul 2014
Nah, online friends are good for a surrogate communication, but IRL friends are more important. Many things are omitted, when you meet only online. Though you can advance from the online level to real life, then the net is a fine way to meet someone. And the difference can be thin if you use video.

Maybe that's just me who puts a strong line between the two types... Nonetheless I prefer it that way.
Mar 5, 2015 7:38 AM

Jan 2011
Friends are friends. And I've found that a lot of my online friends can be just as awesome, if not more so, than my IRL friends. It's obviously easier to form a strong bond when you personally know the person, but just because I don't know you IRL, doesn't mean I don't value your friendship all the same.
[color=#993300]
"I commend your courage, but I will show you no mercy."[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlCIPj1ZoM0]
[/color]
[/url]

Mar 5, 2015 7:59 AM
Jan 2015
There are a handful of online friends that I value just as much as I do my IRL friends. But, those that I place in that category are ones that I've been communicating with for years and have even met in person several times. So, I see nothing wrong in valuing online friends the same way that you value IRL friends.
Mar 5, 2015 8:04 AM

Sep 2014
i dont have irl friends so...
Mar 5, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2008
They're hella real n I just got w one romantically n I'm so happy ah. Anyway, they're obv better too
Mar 5, 2015 8:32 AM

Jun 2014
angrygirl said:
They're hella real n I just got w one romantically n I'm so happy ah. Anyway, they're obv better too
not sure if taking the piss lol
Mar 5, 2015 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Monad said:
BunnyMe said:
Touchable friends are better XD

Because they can become friend with benefits. ^_-

It's an extremely rare occasion =o
removed-userMar 5, 2015 10:54 AM
Mar 5, 2015 10:54 AM

Mar 2012
I value the people I've met in real life over the internet and my real life friends more than anyone online.

Doesn't mean I could care about online friends, but just not as much.
Mar 5, 2015 11:05 AM
Feb 2014
jascol said:
aloricg said:

No, it's not.. really really not.

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels. Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round. I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theatre of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to:
M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc. Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A.
along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion. There can be only one.

underrated post
Mar 5, 2015 11:09 AM

Mar 2015
LAOG said:
Nope. My friends in real life are my actual friends. I consider the majority of the people I know here as acquaintances, or nothing at all.

I totally agree no need to mope over online when the real life deal is what counts it hurts so os much more to loose people in real
My name is Terrence always is Terrence and will always be Terrence
Current Accounts: ThePinhead3333,
Mar 5, 2015 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
Depends on the friend online. I have friends online I've spoken with daily for years, I consider them actual friends. Some person I chatted with for a week on the internet is not a friend.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What scenarios do you create in your mind before going to sleep?

nanajp - 3 hours ago

20 by Zakatsuki_ »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you wear seatbelts AT ALL TIMES?

luffysenchou - 11 hours ago

16 by Noboru »»
5 minutes ago

» Have you ever been on TV?

RobertBobert - 1 hour ago

9 by MalchikRepaid »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Hobbes vs Rousseau

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

11 by Noboru »»
17 minutes ago

» You guys watch anime on a laptop, tv or projector? ( 1 2 )

Rivermind - Oct 17

59 by Noboru »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.