Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2015 2:33 PM

Nov 2012
Mugen24 said:
chickenonthepan said:
This is approaching the level of Nisekoi waifu war.

Onodera best girl 2014

?????
tsugumi > all obviously
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 17, 2015 2:34 PM

Aug 2014
Rebelhero said:
wooo! were are the haters now?
This show is cool. I love the twisting story line. But im curious, was it the CPR that allowed Inaho to power the aldnoah drive? Or was it the fact that the princesses blood mixed with his own?
Will Slaine and Inaho ever realize they want the same thing?

Im still hating on Inko

Aug 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Mugen24 said:

Onodera best girl 2014

?????
tsugumi > all obviously

Thats right. team Tsumugi.... But its pretty obvious that the blonde one is going to win at the end.

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
NoulisVraxati said:

and how you know aselyum didnt wronged her? she was an outcast by her family before aseylum ended up in a coma? by not doing anything to help her own sister before that i think that she did.

Asseylum probably didn't even KNOW about her. If she did she would have tried to help her since she appeared to be that kind of person as we've seen so far from her. You have no proof that Asseylum wronged her and even presuming she would is against her character in every way.

I doubt any help would've been given. Blonde women don't let other girls get in their way.
Jan 17, 2015 2:35 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Darklight0303 said:

Side against her people? All she wanted was COEXISTENCE with Earth. It was her people that tried to kill her to justify starting this whole bloody war in the first place!

Coexistence with Earth? Without even convincing her people first? What about trying to quell her people's unwarranted hate FIRST, before up and siding with who they see as the enemy. What about requesting that female Vers knight be captured, to learn about why the assassination went down, the moment that knight was defeated?

She NEVER once contemplated anything about her people during S1. Certainly she's seen the propaganda HER family was spewing, yet she didn't seem to care. Does she not know her citizen are fucking poor? Yet she cares more about Earth, and not her own people.

She's too ignorant to be given credit of wanting coexistence.

You really didn't pay attention to season 1 huh. Yeah I'm done wasting time with you and your ilk.
Jan 17, 2015 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Fine I'll point it out to you in BIG NEON LETTERS:

Darklight0303 said:
She just said in this episode that she will take EVERYTHING from her and told her to NEVER wake up

So what? She doesn't have to like everyone.
Lemrina hasn't started the situation that led to Asseylum's demise, and she herself hasn't hurt the princess. Impersonation is arguable, but it's not only because of Asseylum - it's part of much bigger agenda. And Asseylum messed people's lives with her idealisn and carelessness greatly.
I'd say that Lemrina has a perfect reason to be angry and jealous. From what she said Asseylum didn't help her sister much.

And I don't get those, who bash Lemrina for not being pure ans stuff. Lemrina has her own agenda, but she wasn't raised in greenhouse conditions as the crown princess. She is ill too. But she seems decent - she was pretty honest with Slaine. She said that she didn't like to be a substitute and that she wanted attention for herself. What's wrong with it? If she risks her life for the Saazbaum's conspiracy, she has every right to fight for her own place. Who would like to be solely an automaton to grant access to aldnoah? It's her only chance to shine, and she enjoys both zero-g and company of a young man.
Anyway, I prefer characters that resemble real people over the schematic characters, like Asseylum.
deadoptimistJan 17, 2015 2:42 PM
Jan 17, 2015 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Mugen24 said:

Onodera best girl 2014

?????
tsugumi > all obviously

Oh it's on!!!!! Your girl has NO chance of winning. Switch teams while you can.
Jan 17, 2015 2:38 PM

Feb 2013
deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

Lemrina hasn't started the situation that led to Asseylum's demise, and she herself hasn't hurt the princess. Impersonation is arguable, but it's not only because of Asseylum - it's part of much bigger agenda. And Asseylum messed people's lives with her idealisn and carelessness greatly.
I'd say that Lemrina has a perfect reason to be angry and jealous. From what she said Asseylum didn't help her sister much.

And I don't get those, who bash Lemrina for not being pure ans stuff. Lemrina has her own agenda, but she wasn't raised in greenhouse conditions as the crown princess. She is ill too. But she seems decent - she was pretty honest with Slaine. She said that she doesn't like to be a substitute and that she wants attention for herself. What's wrong with it? If she risks her life for the Saazbaum's conspiracy, she has every right to fight for her own place. Who would like to be solely an automaton to grant access to aldnoah? It's her only chance to shine, and she enjoys both zero-g and company of a young man.
Anyway, I prefer characters that resemble real people over the schematic characters, like Asseylum.

also slaine was straight with lemrina too, he didnt try to persuade her that he likes her over aseylum and thats a win in my book
Jan 17, 2015 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Coexistence with Earth? Without even convincing her people first? What about trying to quell her people's unwarranted hate FIRST, before up and siding with who they see as the enemy. What about requesting that female Vers knight be captured, to learn about why the assassination went down, the moment that knight was defeated?

She NEVER once contemplated anything about her people during S1. Certainly she's seen the propaganda HER family was spewing, yet she didn't seem to care. Does she not know her citizen are fucking poor? Yet she cares more about Earth, and not her own people.

She's too ignorant to be given credit of wanting coexistence.

You really didn't pay attention to season 1 huh. Yeah I'm done wasting time with you and your ilk.

You've yet to give any details, or validation to anything you've argued for in this thread. It's just been "you disagree, so I don't care" in a sentence, or two.

I ask you what Lemrina did wrong? You say "she said this to my fave character" w/o attempting to look at the context.

I ask about Slaine? Same response.

I bring up Asseylum's obvious ignorance of the entire situation regarding the war? Same response.

I'm trying to have a discussion/debate, and you're just brushing off whoever disagrees with you.
Jan 17, 2015 2:39 PM

Apr 2008
NoulisVraxati said:
deadoptimist said:

And I don't get those, who bash Lemrina for not being pure ans stuff. Lemrina has her own agenda, but she wasn't raised in greenhouse conditions as the crown princess. She is ill too. But she seems decent - she was pretty honest with Slaine. She said that she doesn't like to be a substitute and that she wants attention for herself. What's wrong with it? If she risks her life for the Saazbaum's conspiracy, she has every right to fight for her own place. Who would like to be solely an automaton to grant access to aldnoah? It's her only chance to shine, and she enjoys both zero-g and company of a young man.

also slaine was straight with lemrina too, he didnt try to persuade her that he likes her over aseylum and thats a win in my book

He's still blind to Lemrina's true intentions so that's a loss in my book.
Jan 17, 2015 2:41 PM

Jan 2015
deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

*standing applause*
Jan 17, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2013
Darklight0303 said:
NoulisVraxati said:

yeah cuz its entirely impossible to figure it down the road...
Jan 17, 2015 2:42 PM

Apr 2008
NoulisVraxati said:
Darklight0303 said:

Sure when it's too late to do anything about it and he's lost everything
Jan 17, 2015 2:43 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
NoulisVraxati said:

What do you mean? She's all, but said she hates her sister, the Royal Family, and everyone that's been using her, to Slaine's face twice via passive aggression.
Jan 17, 2015 2:43 PM

Feb 2013
Darklight0303 said:
NoulisVraxati said:

and you know that cuz reasons? xD
Jan 17, 2015 2:44 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Darklight0303 said:

What do you mean? She's all, but said she hates her sister, the Royal Family, and everyone that's been using her, to Slaine's face twice via passive aggression.

I am talking about her ploy to steal Slaine from Asseylum. She didn't say that to his face now did she?

NoulisVraxati said:
Darklight0303 said:

It's called reading the flow of a plot. Try it.

Jan 2015
NoulisVraxati said:
Darklight0303 said:

Nope, because he hates Slaine cuz reasons.

Jan 2014
Mugen24 said:
ninjastarforcex said:

?????
tsugumi > all obviously

I don't think Onodera has better chance either.

The guy is realizing his true love now.
Jan 17, 2015 2:47 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

I am talking about her ploy to steal Slaine from Asseylum. She didn't say that to his face now did she?

She practically did. She expressed her disdain that she felt that Slaine only saw her as a replacement for her sis, and then instead of reactivating his mech's Aldnoah drive she kisses him and gives him more power.

It's clear that she has feelings for him, but he, at this time, won't return them.
Jan 17, 2015 2:47 PM

Apr 2012
Seiryuu2 said:
Dat kiss scene is unnecessary i think

> I think Lemrina wanted to take everything that the first princess had, including Slaine, who she mistakenly thought was the man princess loved (actually first princess like Inaho, pretty obvious).

Darklight0303 said:
So the writers take pity on Slaine and get him a love interest in the princess' sister since he'll never have Asseylum after all the shit he's done
Kind of, except he never had Asseylum in the beginning.

The second season is turning out to be a sacrilege of science. I don't think there is "wind" in the meteor belt (earth's orbit or something).

WTF? Now the earth's mecha can operate in space?

The most hilarious inconsistency is probably when the juice box floated in air when passed around, where the humans are deeply rooted on the ground, i mean...

Anyhow, despite the obvious flaws, so far it is extremely enjoyable. I love watching Inaho owning his enemies, and landing shots where no other people could. The showdown btw Slaine and him is hilarious.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 17, 2015 2:49 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Darklight0303 said:

She practically did. She expressed her disdain that she felt that Slaine only saw her as a replacement for her sis, and then instead of reactivating his mech's Aldnoah drive she kisses him and gives him more power.

It's clear that she has feelings for him, but he, at this time, won't return them.

None of that conveys that she wants to STEAL him away. SInce that would supposedly make Slaine angry. So you see she is NOT truthful to him completely. Instead she uses insidious schemes to usurp him away, first by making it so that it is the right of Aldnoah bestowed by Lemrina and not Asseylum that gives him the power to activate ALdnoah. And Slaine has NO idea of any of that.
Jan 17, 2015 2:49 PM

Aug 2014
bunny1ov3r said:
Seiryuu2 said:
Dat kiss scene is unnecessary i think

> I think Lemrina wanted to take everything that the first princess had, including Slaine, who she mistakenly thought was the man princess loved (actually first princess like Inaho, pretty obvious).

Darklight0303 said:
So the writers take pity on Slaine and get him a love interest in the princess' sister since he'll never have Asseylum after all the shit he's done
Kind of, except he never had Asseylum in the beginning.

The second season is turning out to be a sacrilege of science. I don't think there is "wind" in the meteor belt (earth's orbit or something).

WTF? Now the earth's mecha can operate in space?

The most hilarious inconsistency is probably when the juice box floated in air when passed around, where the humans are deeply rooted on the ground, i mean...

Anyhow, despite the obvious flaws, so far it is extremely enjoyable. I love watching Inaho owning his enemies, and landing shots where no other people could. The showdown btw Slaine and him is hilarious.

So whats the purpose of Inko in the anime?
Jan 17, 2015 2:50 PM

Jan 2014
y123y said:

So whats the purpose of Inko in the anime?

A moe blob.
Jan 17, 2015 2:50 PM

Jan 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Mugen24 said:

At least Ichijou still has feelings for Onodera in his love conflict, Tsugumi isn't even in the ballpark. She's caught up in traffic 30 miles away from the stadium.
Jan 17, 2015 2:51 PM

Jul 2014
NoulisVraxati said:

Yeah, that was a beautiful scene (a rare case of decent writing, or so I want to believe). He didn't argue that he wanted to use her and didn't say that he liked her, he gave her the only thing he could - the proof that he understood her situation. It seems that she gave him the kiss not only as a bait, but because of that bit of honesty. It must be sickening for her to hear all those pledges of loyalty, when she knows, that they are 100% hypocritical. It's not that she is not risking too.
Jan 17, 2015 2:51 PM

Nov 2013
Based Sawano Hiroyuki. The soundtrack they're using in the fighting scenes is epic.

I really liked the moment at the end when Slaine and Inaho recognized each other; it seems the whole series is building toward a point when a deadly confrontation between them is going to occur.

fuck Slaine though
Jan 17, 2015 2:54 PM

Apr 2013
It's hilarious how it took 2 posts for the discussion to turn into a Slaine vs Inaho one instead of being about the episode...

Anyway, I enjoyed that action scene, it was well animated and it kinda did give the feeling of being a large scale battle. Getting to that part was a chore though. I still don't understand why they always have to waste screen time on the captain and her crappy remarks about getting a date. It wasn't funny the first time so making it a running gag was definitely not a good idea. Other than that, I like how Inaho's sharingan can basically do anything.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Jan 2014
y123y said:
Whats the name of the OST when Slaine was talking to the sister princess in private? I know they played that OST as well in the first half.

........Darude..........Sandstorm.......

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

None of that conveys that she wants to STEAL him away. SInce that would supposedly make Slaine angry. So you see she is NOT truthful to him completely. Instead she uses insidious schemes to usurp him away, first by making it so that it is the right of Aldnoah bestowed by Lemrina and not Asseylum that gives him the power to activate ALdnoah.

I doubt that would make him angry, seeing as her wanting what Asseylum has also falls in line their similarity of having nothing, and striving to make the best of their situations, which he just conveyed.

If anything, he'd turn her down gently, and become her BFF to keep he happy, keep him not hooked up with her, but still keep her satisfied enogh to further his goals. Now, that all depends on just how much hate lies with Lemrina.
Jan 17, 2015 2:55 PM

Mar 2011
The whole point of Asseylum is that she is a sheltered princess so I dont see how its impossible for her not to realize the current state of her people. Its at the end of the first season where she sees for herself what her people have become when they keep attacking even after the message from Russia is sent.
Jan 17, 2015 2:55 PM

Nov 2012
So love pentagram is in shape.

Slaine x Princess Lemrina interaction nearly made me barf.

Wow,so they really can activate Aldnoah if they're kissed by the Princess.

Inaho vs Slaine was "interesting",probably the most "interesting" fight this series has had so far.

Inaho and Slaine's rivalry seemed more like a fujoshi ship rather than an actual rivalry.
Jan 17, 2015 2:56 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:
None of that conveys that she wants to STEAL him away. SInce that would supposedly make Slaine angry. So you see she is NOT truthful to him completely. Instead she uses insidious schemes to usurp him away, first by making it so that it is the right of Aldnoah bestowed by Lemrina and not Asseylum that gives him the power to activate ALdnoah. And Slaine has NO idea of any of that.

Em, yeah, he didn't notice her plan to make him ask her. Wait, he did.
I dunno, when flirting became a crime. There's nothing wrong with trying to win over a person. It's not that Slaine and Asseylum were a couple, Asseylum can never wake up (from Lemrina's pov) and why can't Lemrina try? Asseylum is not a goddess to bow to endlessly.

Edit: Also, as someone has mentioned, it's true that Asseylum cared too little about her people. Her sister doesn't like her, she didn't inspire love in the knights and she didn't care about the way her people thought (because of her family). Now I understand that she was sheltered, but she couldn't be a good envoy, since she didn't knew her people's world view. And she didn't worry about martians during the first season, though it could be bad writing.
deadoptimistJan 17, 2015 3:00 PM
Jan 17, 2015 2:57 PM

Oct 2014
Mugen24 said:
chickenonthepan said:

At least Ichijou still has feelings for Onodera in his love conflict, Tsugumi isn't even in the ballpark. She's caught up in traffic 30 miles away from the stadium.

You guys really can't wait until april to talk about your harem of zero progression: Nisekoi? Damn...
Jan 17, 2015 2:57 PM

Feb 2013
deadoptimist said:
NoulisVraxati said:

Yeah, that was a beautiful scene (a rare case of decent writing, or so I want to believe). He didn't argue that he wanted to use her and didn't say that he liked her, he gave her the only thing he could - the proof that he understood her situation. It seems that she gave him the kiss not only as a bait, but because of that bit of honesty. It must be sickening for her to hear all those pledges of loyalty, when she knows, that they are 100% hypocritical. It's not that she is not risking too.

yeap i completely agree with what you are saying, when she kissed slain the first thing that poped in my mind is tht she did it cuz of his genuine honesty towards her.
Jan 17, 2015 2:58 PM

Oct 2014
So the Knights got their Aldnoah by kissing the emperor huh
Jan 17, 2015 2:58 PM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
Darklight0303 said:

I dunno, when flirting became a crime. There's nothing wrong with trying to win over a person. It's not that Slaine and Asseylum were a couple, Asseylum can never wake up (from Lemrina's pov) and why can't Lemrina try? Asseylum is not a goddess to bow to endlessly.

What he didn't notice was her true intent.
Jan 17, 2015 3:01 PM

Feb 2013
Darklight0303 said:
deadoptimist said:

her true intent is to make him like her? again how is that a crime?
Jan 17, 2015 3:01 PM

Jan 2014
D3pthCharge said:
Mugen24 said:

You guys really can't wait until april to talk about your harem of zero progression: Nisekoi? Damn...

There's about the same progression going on with this Slaine vs Inaho forum so I don't see the problem.
Jan 17, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
deadoptimist said:

Does it matter? Nothing she is doing is wrong nor evil. Get over it.
Jan 17, 2015 3:03 PM

Jan 2014
D3pthCharge said:

We are talking about manga.

And it is progressing...

... a little...
Jan 17, 2015 3:03 PM

Apr 2008
NoulisVraxati said:
Darklight0303 said:

Not make him like her. Make him LOVE HER more than Asseylum. =_= It's like talking to a wall with you people
Jan 17, 2015 3:04 PM

Jan 2014
Knight-Artorias said:

Did I say that I wish Aldnoah is transfered through sex?
Jan 17, 2015 3:04 PM

Jul 2014
Darklight0303 said:

So what, if it's mutually beneficial for them? It's obvious that Slaine at this moment is not 100% of infatuation with Asseylum. At least 2% is dedicated for the fighting for the sake of martians. And this effort gains from him being friendly with Lemrina.
Jan 17, 2015 3:05 PM

Feb 2013
Darklight0303 said:
NoulisVraxati said:

Not make him like her. Make him LOVE HER more than Asseylum. =_= It's like talking to a wall with you people

and how is that wrong exactly? is not like aseylum and slaine were a couple before, also if you want my opinion i dont think its going to work cuz slaine clearly likes aseylum.
Jan 17, 2015 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
I really like how Inaho teasing Inko.

We got another kiss in this episode.
Jan 17, 2015 3:07 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Knight-Artorias said:

Did I say that I wish Aldnoah is transfered by sex?

Would prefer this too. )

Darklight0303 said:

And you don't see that there is nothing wrong with it. Even if he falls for her (which is unlikely) - where is the harm? Slaine and Asseylum are not a couple, so that's not a matter of infidelity, and Asseylum prefers Inaho anyway. If anything it'd be better for both Slaine and Asseylum.
Jan 17, 2015 3:09 PM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
chickenonthepan said:

Would prefer this too. )

Darklight0303 said:

And you don't see that there is nothing wrong with it. Even if he falls for her (which is unlikely) - where is the harm? Slaine and Asseylum are not a couple, so that's not a matter of infidelity, and Asseylum prefers Inaho anyway. If anything it'd be better for both Slaine and Asseylum.

Except Slaine himself believes otherwise. He is obsessed to think that the princess feels the same way bout him. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy that Slaine has someone just as mad as him, crushing on him.

But that doesn't change that he's being manipulated by them and he doesn't even realize it.
Jan 17, 2015 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
deadoptimist said:
chickenonthepan said:

Would prefer this too. )

Darklight0303 said:

thank god someone gets it.
Jan 17, 2015 3:10 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
NoulisVraxati said:

Again, what is wrong about that? Is Slaine engaged to Asseylum, or at least in a relationship with Asseylum? No? Then, there's nothing wrong.

Do you see the problem here? I've seen you bash Slaine, but the moment someone wants to make him love someone else other than your fave princess, there's a problem. Really? I would think you'd be overjoyed that Slaine will have his attention pulled from your beloved.
Jan 17, 2015 3:11 PM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
deadoptimist said:

Would prefer this too. )

Except Slaine himself believes otherwise. He is obsessed to think that the princess feels the same way bout him. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy that Slaine has someone just as mad as him, crushing on him.

But that doesn't change that he's being manipulated by them and he doesn't even realize it.

The OP makes it clear

Slaine has his back turned to REAL Princess (her ideals, her personality HER SOUL, what she stands for), too busy obsessing over her body(an empty shell basically without those elements that make her her), too busy to notice her. And she looks visibly disturbed by that.

What Slaine has is an obsession. Not love.

Frankly Lemrina and Slaine deserve each other. Both are obsessive psychos.
Pages (18) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» SPOILER - Question regarding the end of the anime

Joshuam303 - Apr 6, 2016

25 by Masterbos175 »»
Jun 29, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.