Forum Settings
Forums

Has Anime made regular TV and Movies less enjoyable?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 5, 2014 9:45 AM

Jul 2010
I don't have TV and I dont watch non-anime movies and serials. I was always watching only anime since I was a kid.
Dec 5, 2014 9:52 AM

Apr 2014
For me it has, but if a good life action show comes on, I will still enjoy it a lot.
Dec 5, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2013
Nothing can beat an amazing live action movie. Guradians of the Galaxy for example.
Dec 5, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
Mr7Beans said:
deanzel said:
Nothing can beat an amazing live action movie. Guradians of the Galaxy for example.

That's a bad example.
Yes it is..
Dec 5, 2014 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
Hmmm. Nope not really. I enjoyed watching Dexter as much as I did any other time even though I've started watching lots of anime.
Dec 5, 2014 1:51 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't watch much TV before I started watching anime again and I still don't watch a lot of TV, so no.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Dec 5, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
Milk_is_Special said:
Mr7Beans said:

That's a bad example.
Yes it is..

If you didn't think Guardians was awesome, nothing can save you.
Dec 5, 2014 2:02 PM

Apr 2014
deanzel said:
Milk_is_Special said:
Yes it is..

Who says I want to be saved?
Dec 5, 2014 2:07 PM

Sep 2011
deanzel said:
Milk_is_Special said:
Yes it is..

its a fine movie but nothing spectacular, its comedy was very strong but its drama was all over the place with rushed relationships and character development and also one of the worst villains in recent memory whose beaten by an asspull at the end.

its a fine movie but i swear today everyone just ends up praising the adequate as the next big thing, though in comparison to the atrocious X men movie this year guardians is citizen kane cause god damn that movie was some guilty crown level of plotholes if not more. Honestly marvel in generally has been pretty terrible as of recent with guardians being the one somewhat bright spot.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 5, 2014 2:09 PM

Jun 2014
JizzyHitler said:
deanzel said:

its a fine movie but nothing spectacular, its comedy was very strong but its drama was all over the place with rushed relationships and character development and also one of the worst villains in recent memory whose beaten by an asspull at the end.

its a fine movie but i swear today everyone just ends up praising the adequate as the next big thing, though in comparison to the atrocious X men movie this year guardians is citizen kane cause god damn that movie was some guilty crown level of plotholes if not more. Honestly marvel in generally has been pretty terrible as of recent with guardians being the one somewhat bright spot.

Atrocious XMen movie?
Dec 5, 2014 2:12 PM

Sep 2013
Yes. Kinda. I do struggle to watch anything on tv but I want to say it wasnt anime itself but the fact that, thanks to the Internet, I can watch as many episodes as I want without ever losing attention because of commercials.
Dec 5, 2014 2:15 PM

Sep 2011
Syndiciate said:
JizzyHitler said:

Atrocious XMen movie?
days of future past, it was a trainwreck, despite having an interesting premise and witty writing for the first half its immediately thrown aside for a plot hole infected storyline where every characters action makes no sense(especially magneto), the somber moments brought on in the 2nd half felt taken straight out of every suoerhero movie before it but done in sucbha sloppy manner that it lacks any charm it may have in other movies. The only thing stopping it from being the worst X men movie is that it didnt make me want to off myself like x3 did.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 5, 2014 2:18 PM

Jun 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Syndiciate said:

Atrocious XMen movie?
days of future past, it was a trainwreck, despite having an interesting premise and witty writing for the first half its immediately thrown aside for a plot hole infected storyline where every characters action makes no sense(especially magneto), the somber moments brought on in the 2nd half felt taken straight out of every suoerhero movie before it but done in sucbha sloppy manner that it lacks any charm it may have in other movies. The only thing stopping it from being the worst X men movie is that it didnt make me want to off myself like x3 did.

You just chopped up my heart. ;c;
Dec 5, 2014 2:19 PM

Apr 2012
Perhaps
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 5, 2014 2:24 PM

Oct 2012
This year actually had quite a few movies that got serious rave reviews, Boyhood being the most notable but also Birdman and Foxcatcher. Birdman was phenomenal and definitely worth seeing, better than anime series that has come out this year.
Dec 5, 2014 2:25 PM
Jul 2014
xbobx said:
No.
Dec 5, 2014 2:27 PM

Oct 2014
I don't feel like Tv-shows and movies are worse, I just don't watch them as often now that I've got some good animes to watch instead :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2014 5:04 PM

Sep 2012
Feaor said:
This year actually had quite a few movies that got serious rave reviews, Boyhood being the most notable but also Birdman and Foxcatcher. Birdman was phenomenal and definitely worth seeing, better than anime series that has come out this year.

Heard good thing about Birdman, haven't seen it yet but I will as soon as it will be released where I live. I'll add Nightcrawler to your list, saw that last week, and it was fantastic with a gripping performance from Jake Gyllenhaal. The movie kinda reminds me of Drive but with a faster pacing overall.
Dec 5, 2014 5:15 PM

Nov 2012
Ha OP i feel you bro. Once i discovered anime and never quit. I honestly believe that some anime works are even better than the best movies. But they don't have to relay on actors which is a advantage. If the world would know what they make in japan they probably think they where dreaming.
Dec 5, 2014 5:15 PM

Mar 2013
I still love a good movie, but I do find it harder to get invested in a western TV show. And even then I'm more drawn to stuff that I know I already like, like Harry Potter movies and Game of Thrones TV show.

But I still like anime better because of the animation style. Its more visually stimulating than IRL people, lol.
Dec 5, 2014 5:20 PM

Nov 2014
Well. I yah. I can't really watch any live action stuff anymore. It just doesn't feel the same. I'll still read LOTR and Game of Thrones and play The Walking Dead video games but I can't watch the shows. The only exceptions are superhero movies. I can't wait for the new Deadpool one coming out as long as they don't ruin it.
Dec 5, 2014 5:27 PM

Jul 2013
I still enjoyed Breaking Bad, so no.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Dec 5, 2014 6:35 PM

Nov 2014
Depends really.

While there are some legitimate good western shows out there, some that I enjoyed before kinf of felt "meh" now.

While others just stay the same.

Regular western cartoons, on the other hand...
I mean, before I really got into anime, I enjoyed some cartoons like Adventure Time.
Now not that much.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 4 hours ago

18 by Tropisch »»
3 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

726 by fluffy_dreams »»
3 minutes ago

» Collection of CPM Auditions For Outlanders

RareAnimeHunter - 2 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
19 minutes ago

» What anime would be better if it killed off its main character in order for the secondary main character to shine?

Catalano - 3 hours ago

10 by ALEXxAMI »»
34 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

127 by RainyEvenings »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.