Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 18, 2014 1:25 PM

May 2014
You're only offended if you know you are one .
Sep 18, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2011
SolviteSekai said:

kind of proves shes a troll. but shes really good at it.

this is what a weaboo looks like.

She decorated her whole room with weeaboo shit just to troll on youtube
Sep 18, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2012
Rothion said:
Because they're insecure.

MastaPlaya619 said:
idk which is more pathetic, the weeaboos or those who makes fun of weeaboos.

your avatar makes your point a little more hilarious xD
Sep 18, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2012
i use it as a light-funny insult. not to hurt anyone.
S H O U T _ O L D _ B U T _ G O L D
Sep 18, 2014 1:33 PM

Aug 2014
I am otaku, not weeaboo
Sep 18, 2014 1:38 PM

Mar 2008
MeiMisaki1525 said:
I am otaku, not weeaboo
People calling themselves otaku and acting like it's a good thing probably bothers me more than people calling each other weeaboos.
Sep 18, 2014 1:39 PM

Aug 2014
Agnostos said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:
I am otaku, not weeaboo
People calling themselves otaku and acting like it's a good thing probably bothers me more than people calling each other weeaboos.

'K but why?
Sep 18, 2014 1:46 PM

Mar 2008
MeiMisaki1525 said:
Agnostos said:

'K but why?
Because it's a derogatory term. It's just embarrassing when someone is talking to a Japanese person and introduce themselves as an otaku without really knowing the implications of that word.
Sep 18, 2014 1:49 PM

Aug 2014
Agnostos said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

'K but why?
Because it's a derogatory term. It's just embarrassing when someone is talking to a Japanese person and introduce themselves as an otaku without really knowing the implications of that word.

I'm pretty sure even the Japanese people which the word describes embrace it happily. No one really should care what other people think of them unless their opinion would be what can affect their life in a greater sense, e.g., getting a job, keeping a job, losing one's home, etc. I don't care what people think of me if they're not doing anything for me. ^^

I'm an otaku and I'm proud. ^.^
Sep 18, 2014 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty sure in japan, calling someone an otaku is an insult....
It's like saying, "I'm a slut and I'm proud"
MeiMisaki1525 said:
Agnostos said:

I'm pretty sure even the Japanese people which the word describes embrace it happily. No one really should care what other people think of them unless their opinion would be what can affect their life in a greater sense, e.g., getting a job, keeping a job, losing one's home, etc. I don't care what people think of me if they're not doing anything for me. ^^

Pretty sure in japan, otaku is used as an insult or demeaning word.

Of course that's japan, in the west its used to describe an anime fan.
Just answering the question.
Sep 18, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2014
marriage said:
SolviteSekai said:

She decorated her whole room with weeaboo shit just to troll on youtube

In my trolling days (not so long time ago btw) I would totally do the same. And it would be totally worth effort.

I looked at her channel and some of her videos. yes she's probably a troll. a good one.

Sep 18, 2014 2:37 PM

Oct 2011
Aerodust said:
Moog- said:

Sep 18, 2014 2:38 PM

Oct 2011
SolviteSekai said:

didnt she advertise her yt on MAL? Lmao

Sep 18, 2014 2:38 PM

Sep 2012
Why do we refer to things as Gay negatively now when it used to mean happy in Christmas carols?
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Sep 18, 2014 4:08 PM
Nov 2008
MeiMisaki1525 said:
I am otaku, not weeaboo
same shit if you're not even a japanese-born individual.
Sep 18, 2014 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
dity said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:
I am otaku, not weeaboo

I'm a baeboo
Sep 18, 2014 4:14 PM
Nov 2008
Meokii said:
dity said:

I'm a baeboo
bbyboo
Sep 18, 2014 4:22 PM

Nov 2013
Because it's thought of as a derogatory term.

I can see you

Sep 18, 2014 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
RevInity said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

Some people are actually proud of being a "slut"... Not many, sure, but still.

Otaku almost literally means the same thing as nerd. Nerd is also a derogatory term intended for no-lifes who sit around playing video games, or watching Star Trek/Star Wars/Star Whatevers. They're looked down upon by society as a whole, and yet there are people who are very proud to call themselves nerds, or geeks.

Being an otaku is literally no different. All us white folk just like to pretend it is so we can look down on other nerds/otaku.

While people do primarily use the word to refer to anime fans outside of Japan, that doesn't really change what the word actually means. You, and people like you, are the ones who are making up a definition.
Sep 18, 2014 6:00 PM

Aug 2014
SolviteSekai said:
wanna know what a weeaboo is?

The fuck did I just watch???
Sep 18, 2014 6:14 PM

Aug 2014
MeiMisaki1525 said:
Agnostos said:

When are you planning your suicide? Just asking because otakus love to kill themselves in Japan...
Sep 18, 2014 6:15 PM

Jan 2014
Aviid said:
Aerodust said:
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 18, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2014
SolviteSekai said:
wanna know what a weeaboo is?

Lol yea thats a joke I think tho
Sep 18, 2014 6:32 PM

Aug 2013
Mashiro-Yuki said:

Otaku almost literally means the same thing as nerd. Nerd is also a derogatory term intended for no-lifes who sit around playing video games, or watching Star Trek/Star Wars/Star Whatevers. They're looked down upon by society as a whole, and yet there are people who are very proud to call themselves nerds, or geeks.

Being an otaku is literally no different. All us white folk just like to pretend it is so we can look down on other nerds/otaku.

While people do primarily use the word to refer to anime fans outside of Japan, that doesn't really change what the word actually means. You, and people like you, are the ones who are making up a definition.

If you'd read my post, I made a statement on the difference between the two forms of Otaku based on where they are used.
I'll repeat and clarify.
In the west Otaku is used as a bit of a synonym for nerd, mostly by anime fans. In japan however, it carries a different meaning. Similar, but different. In japan, an Otaku is seen as a disgrace. A useless being that has no contribution for their society. They are frowned upon and contemptible. The west's view on the use of word Otaku is just from anime influence, not the real deal.
Sep 18, 2014 6:38 PM

Sep 2014
You've never seen a Brazilian weeaboo?

Throughout most, can be worse than the Canadian weeaboos. I hate these Canadian weeaboos.
Sep 18, 2014 6:43 PM

Jan 2013
calling someone an otaku in japan is like calling them a useless waste of oxygen.
Sep 18, 2014 6:46 PM

Sep 2014
SolviteSekai said:
calling someone an otaku in japan is like calling them a useless waste of oxygen.
My friend once said: If there were no homeless and hikikomoris, we would have 30% oxygen on the planet.
Sep 18, 2014 6:48 PM

Sep 2014
I have learned many things from this thread.
Sep 18, 2014 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
RevInity said:
Mashiro-Yuki said:

If you'd read my post, I made a statement on the difference between the two forms of Otaku based on where they are used.
I'll repeat and clarify.
In the west Otaku is used as a bit of a synonym for nerd, mostly by anime fans. In japan however, it carries a different meaning. Similar, but different. In japan, an Otaku is seen as a disgrace. A useless being that has no contribution for their society. They are frowned upon and contemptible. The west's view on the use of word Otaku is just from anime influence, not the real deal.

Nerds are treated the same way in western countries. People blame video games and crap for violence in society, while "normal" people shun and even go out of their way to torment people who are nerds, sometimes driving them to suicide or to attack others, and THEN committing suicide after. There are people who are labeled as nerds in the states who are seen as nothing more than a disgusting burden to everyone else.

There really isn't a difference.
Sep 18, 2014 6:52 PM

Sep 2014
LoyalSeoul said:
That's the power of the desperate virgins, my young padawan.
Sep 18, 2014 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
Another type of tweeb

Sep 18, 2014 6:59 PM

Sep 2014
Meokii said:
Another type of tweeb

BURN MY EYES! Come on, boy! BURN MY EYES!
Sep 18, 2014 7:00 PM
Sep 2014
Meokii said:
Another type of tweeb

Wow, that's actually pretty informative. I may make cupcakes one day.
Sep 18, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2012
Meokii said:
Another type of tweeb

Get your Action figure version today!
Only 3 easy payments of $49.98
Order now and get a FREE cupcake mix

Included over 10 phrases like
Yes sir!
Oven on!
and more!

Sep 18, 2014 8:02 PM
Nov 2008
Meokii said:
Another type of tweeb

she's a little cringe in that specific video, but i kinda got the same exact vibe coming from her youtube account when on your tumblr account. my twitter account likely gives off the same vibe. we're all weebs here. we're not 'normal.'
no-thanksSep 18, 2014 8:05 PM
Sep 18, 2014 8:08 PM
Jul 2018
Meokii said:
Another type of tweeb

Ew, she is so creepy!
Sep 18, 2014 8:21 PM

Nov 2012
Meokii said:
Another type of tweeb

She needs to smile so her kawaii commentary would fit with the video.
Sep 18, 2014 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
dity said:
Meokii said:
Another type of tweeb

she's a little cringe in that specific video, but i kinda got the same exact vibe coming from her youtube account when on your tumblr account. my twitter account likely gives off the same vibe. we're all weebs here. we're not 'normal.'

wow im hurt #unfollow4lyfe a-at least I'm more sugoi than her ok
Sep 18, 2014 8:25 PM

Sep 2014
Weebs Hating on Weebs: A Thread.
Sep 18, 2014 8:28 PM
Jul 2018
Forums said:
Weebs Hating on Weebs: A Thread.

Forums Posting on the Forums: The Epilogue.
Sep 18, 2014 9:12 PM

Jan 2014
Well, this thread is hands-down much better than the last weaboo thread.

Gawd those videos
Sep 18, 2014 11:24 PM

Aug 2014
RevInity said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

Haha, I couldn't give a shit.
MechaKiryu said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

When are you planning your suicide? Just asking because otakus love to kill themselves in Japan...

Never.
dity said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:
I am otaku, not weeaboo

Wrong.
Jackrabb1t said:
Well, this thread is hands-down much better than the last weaboo thread.

Gawd those videos

I don't know what happened in the last topic but this one is filled to the brim with vitreol. I don't understand it.
Burier-Man said:
LoyalSeoul said:
That's the power of the desperate virgins, my young padawan.

What do "desperate virgins" have to do with anything?
ReanSchwarzerSep 18, 2014 11:27 PM
Sep 18, 2014 11:26 PM

Mar 2014
BritishBeans said:
animes.

That's weeb terminology right there.
Sep 18, 2014 11:37 PM

Aug 2014
Ryukatsuka said:
BritishBeans said:
animes.

I am truly offended by what you have just typed. I am very sensitive to your intolerance.
Sep 18, 2014 11:39 PM

Mar 2014
MeiMisaki1525 said:
Ryukatsuka said:

I am truly offended by what you have just typed. I am very sensitive to your intolerance.

Kewl.
Sep 18, 2014 11:40 PM

Aug 2014
Ryukatsuka said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

Kewl.

What?
Sep 18, 2014 11:56 PM

Apr 2013
dity said:
honestly, i don't understand. we're all weeaboos here.

no
Sep 19, 2014 12:01 AM

Mar 2008
Its because its meant to be an insult. I find the whole concept of insulting someone just for taking interest in another culture is pretty fucking stupid. Cultural appropriation can have positive effects on society.
Sep 19, 2014 12:01 AM
Jul 2018
MeiMisaki1525 said:
Ryukatsuka said:

Kewl.

What?

He just said Kewl.
Sep 19, 2014 12:05 AM

Aug 2014
traed said:
Its because its meant to be an insult. I find the whole concept of insulting someone just for taking interest in another culture is pretty fucking stupid. Cultural appropriation can have positive effects on society.

How long have you been a member of Tumblr?
Meokii said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

What?

He just said Kewl.

And what does that mean? Also, you forgot to type quotations mark around "kewl."
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Bougie food that sucks - Foods people think are fancy, but are actually just overrated

vasipi4946 - Jun 17

13 by traed »»
22 minutes ago

» Your style of consuming manga

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 20

22 by traed »»
31 minutes ago

» Wrong to marry/have kids with second cousin? ( 1 2 )

ZakuF_ - Jun 25

99 by Kagami »»
40 minutes ago

» UEFA Euro 2024 - General Discussion

dazedcowcow62 - Jun 18

31 by Noboru »»
2 hours ago

» Do you know the elements of the Periodic Table?

AMBITZZ - Today

18 by Mayahuel »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.