Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2013 8:38 PM

Sep 2011
Forgetfulness said:
Pknoctis said:
Forgetfulness said:
Miniboxer said:
@NotJizzyHitler

Where does he outright say lelouche is dead?
http://atashi.wordpress.com/2008/12/13/code-geass-r2-the-complete-official-guidebook-review/

http://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/116/was-lelouch-the-person-driving-the-cart-in-the-last-scene-of-code-geass-r2

"I think everyone felt the same when it came to the end of the character that is Lelouch."

The director is always quoted with this when the question of whether Lelouch is dead comes up.

But don't you find it interesting how he phrased it? "the end of the character that is Lelouch."

Yes Lelouch died - his image died. That's the whole point of the Zero Requiem.

That doesn't mean he physically died.

All the evidence points toward him being alive, but now living under a different alias.
It could be just a translation error. Grammar works differently in different languages

And for fuck's sake, all the evidence is NOT pointing at him being alive. There was one, ONE, plothole (Nunnally seeing Lelouch's memories). The rules of Geass don't change because of something that they probably just added to make things more emotional
I cant believe at how hard these guys grasp at straws, they even try to find deeper meaning in what is a blatant and to the point comment

I will never understand why people refuse to comprehend this, its not like geass is the first series to off a main character
JizzyHitlerDec 17, 2013 8:41 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 17, 2013 8:39 PM

Dec 2012
Well, I hope he's dead.
Dec 17, 2013 8:42 PM

Dec 2010
Forgetfulness said:
Pknoctis said:
Forgetfulness said:
Miniboxer said:
@NotJizzyHitler

http://atashi.wordpress.com/2008/12/13/code-geass-r2-the-complete-official-guidebook-review/

http://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/116/was-lelouch-the-person-driving-the-cart-in-the-last-scene-of-code-geass-r2

"I think everyone felt the same when it came to the end of the character that is Lelouch."

The director is always quoted with this when the question of whether Lelouch is dead comes up.

But don't you find it interesting how he phrased it? "the end of the character that is Lelouch."

All the evidence points toward him being alive, but now living under a different alias.
It could be just a translation error. Grammar works differently in different languages

And for fuck's sake, all the evidence is NOT pointing at him being alive. There was one, ONE, plothole (Nunnally seeing Lelouch's memories). The rules of Geass don't change because of something that they probably just added to make things more emotional
There's a plothole if Lelouch did actually die. It makes all the stuff we learn about Geass/Codes throughout the series completely pointless. You're supposed to connect the dots about what happened.
Dec 17, 2013 8:57 PM

Dec 2010
Forgetfulness said:
Pknoctis said:
Forgetfulness said:
Pknoctis said:
Forgetfulness said:
Miniboxer said:
@NotJizzyHitler

There's a plothole if Lelouch did actually die. It makes all the stuff we learn about Geass/Codes throughout the series completely pointless. You're supposed to connect the dots about what happened.
That's funny, because the last time I checked, people that claim Lelouch is alive made up this stupid rule that "You have to die once for Code to activate", even though that is never stated in the series and everything can be explained without that rule.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeYYy5AwM3A
C.C. strangely has blood over her neck, looks like she either got slashed in the throat, or the nun just did seppuku and got the blood over C.C. Could go either way.

But yes, this all hinges on deduction. For me, it's blatant that Lelouch is alive. For others who need it shoved in their faces for it to be real, Lelouch is dead.

Let's just leave it at that
Dec 17, 2013 9:08 PM

Dec 2010
Forgetfulness said:
^ How does that prove anything? Whether or not she died then doesn't show she has to die to be immortal
I'm pretty sure what happened is that the nun gave C.C. the Code, killed C.C. so she wouldn't interfere, then killed herself (as you can see by the fact that she took the time to arrange her body nicely)

and LOL, you're acting like you're superior because you believe Lelouch is alive? A Code Geass explicitly states that Lelouch is dead. Get over yourself
I suppose I worded it badly. However, I do think you're taking too much of what the ending shows at face value.

I personally think Lelouch is alive, but if he's actually dead, then well, okay. No reason to get so mad about it.
Dec 31, 2013 6:59 PM

Dec 2013
I thought it was pretty obvious that Lelouch was alive and I had two for it(just off the top of my head). The first being what's stated in the OP which makes the most sense or secondly that C.C. pretended to die taking on the appearance of Lelouch putting on a mask(like the maid did earlier) and because C.C. is immortal just came back to life later.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jan 3, 2014 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
anddd... another fans-hater wars ensued.

Pknoctis said:
Forgetfulness said:
Pknoctis said:
Forgetfulness said:
Pknoctis said:
Forgetfulness said:
Miniboxer said:
@NotJizzyHitler

That's funny, because the last time I checked, people that claim Lelouch is alive made up this stupid rule that "You have to die once for Code to activate", even though that is never stated in the series and everything can be explained without that rule.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeYYy5AwM3A
C.C. strangely has blood over her neck, looks like she either got slashed in the throat, or the nun just did seppuku and got the blood over C.C. Could go either way.

But yes, this all hinges on deduction. For me, it's blatant that Lelouch is alive. For others who need it shoved in their faces for it to be real, Lelouch is dead.

Let's just leave it at that

Dude.....really. Ok, enough of rants. Taniguchi-sensei didn't really trolling or teasing CG fans, he just can't put a decision (or maybe he just left such ambiguous/vague ending on purpose, who knows). But at least, he respect his fans, and didn't force it with such a trilinear/conclusive ending (or I'm just too paranoid). Damn the [ img] BBCode!. I hope you guys can chills out and respect each other presumed ending (which I'm sure it's not gonna happen....yet).
Pusswookie said:
This,
cressidaaa said:
Levi and Eren should be bro's. I'm rooting for their friendship!

is truth.
Jan 10, 2014 8:32 PM
Jul 2008
Anyone who has fully analyzed all of the hints in the show can only surmise that Lelouch is alive. It's the only plausible outcome when you gather the evidence (I wont list it here since it's been done so multiples times in this forum).

Some people like to say that the creators have "stated he's dead," but no one has posted a REPUTABLE source. They just post random websites or blog that no one has heard of before, and it's always a translation of the conversation and not the actual Japanese text. Please show me the original Japanese text on the original website or magazine so I may translate it myself and discern any translation errors. Anyone can make up crap on the internet.

The closest I have seen to this is the R2 guidebook, and nowhere does it state Lelouch is "dead." It only summarizes what was shown and what we already know - that he "died" by Suzaku's sword.

How many times did C.C. "die" in the show, but didn't ultimately end up "dead?" Same scenario, folks.

All in all, no one I have seen who states Lelouch is dead has ever had any solid argument to back it up, and they always fall back on the myth that the "creators have stated he's dead." On the other hand, those who say he's alive have an essay of logical points to prove their point of view.
number1guyJan 10, 2014 8:39 PM
Jan 10, 2014 8:35 PM

Sep 2012
I believe Lelouch is dead because I like the story better that way.

Also, he got stabbed through the heart with a giant sword.
Jan 17, 2014 12:44 AM
Nov 2011
Fundog said:

Oh you mean like how Charles died when he shot himself? Or like how Mao died when he got shot a bunch of times?
No the man in the hat must be Lelouch and no other. Why? Because, out of everyone in C.C’s long life, she admits that Lelouch is truly special. He is the only one to ever thank her, the only one to get close to fulfilling his contract, the only one who is grateful for the Geass she gave him, and most importantly, the only one to give her a reason to live. It has been mentioned multiple times in the anime, since the very beginning that both of them needed a reason to live.
Lelouch’s main reason in the series was to avenge his mother and make a better world for Nunally. However, that changed in episode 15 of first season, when he said, that he would fulfil both their wishes, and it even shows that Lelouch is the one to reinstate their contract. In episode 15 of second season, Lelouch renews his vow to make C.C’s one wish come true. To make her smile. Now how can he make her smile/be loved if she realises that her only chance to die was taken from her by someone who supposedly would make her feel loved and then deserted him??? That would be the ultimate betrayal, given everyone she has done for him, even during the short period of time where she lost her memories. Lelouch has lied to the whole world about everything, including his death, but never to C.C, because she is the only person in the series who he has been completely honest to, and she is the only person to know her name.
In other words, the bond between C.C and Lelouch is a bond that she will most likely never share or has shared with any other person. Now, why would she feel content letting a complete stranger into her life? That person could most likely be one of the many thousands who have shunned and tortured her in the past.
The cart man is not a symbol. C.C would not be so ignorant as to believe all people are like Lelouch. This ‘new life’ you are referring to…if it is indeed with another random mortal, how is that any different than what she’s lived for so many years?? She will never be able to enjoy life because mortals will never understand her, Geass, immortality. Thus she will always have to be wary of mortals and will live the same life as before.
C.C’s final comment about power of the king – someone already explained that it was because Lelouch will indeed be isolated. The world he created, all the sacrifices he made for Nunally, he will never be able to see it. That pain of never knowing if Nunally is safe, that is the isolation. However, ‘not quite correct’ means that at least he can spend his solitude with C.C. You are misinterpreting what she meant in the Kallen scene. She never thought that she would be fighting for someone else, in other words, she never thought that she would have a ‘reason for living’.
Immortality is indeed a punishment, Lelouch will know that in 100 years, with certainty, everyone he loved will have died, and there is the chance that he will grow tired of C.C. What then?? Because of the sacrifice C.C made to seal away her Code and choose to live, Lelouch can never abandon her no matter what.

Oh my god, would it kill you to space out your paragraphs? What a mess to read.

" Because of the sacrifice C.C made to seal away her Code and choose to live, Lelouch can never abandon her no matter what."

What? Even accepting your odd premise that lelouch would get tired of C.C. (seriously, wtf? lol), why would sealing the code mean lelouch can't bail on her anyway?

What a stupid comment. Who the hell says "oh wut if he dont like dat ass no mo?"

"C.C’s final comment about power of the king – someone already explained that it was because Lelouch will indeed be isolated. "

She states she was wrong about the power of the king isolating him. How does this translate into the power isolating him, when she just stated it didn't?

"I never thought I still had these feelings about winning or losing". This equates to ="I never thought I'd lose or win for someone else"?

C.C. is complaining about losing to Kallen. How did you stumble from this onto thinking that she meant "I didn't think I'd be fighting for someone else"? wut.

"C.C would not be so ignorant as to believe all people are like Lelouch."

What...in the hell are you talking about. Why would C.C. be living with another dude? O.O

Him taking her into her new life doesn't mean he's going to be IN it. He's a cart driver, she's hitching a ride. That's it.

I specifically made fun of the notions of NTR and cluckold when discussing the cart driver, yet there are actually still people stupid even to think that's what I'm talking about...sigh.

"No the man in the hat must be Lelouch and no other. Why? Because, out of everyone in C.C’s long life, she admits that Lelouch is truly special."

lol'd.

"Lelouch’s main reason in the series was to avenge his mother and make a better world for Nunally. However, that changed in episode 15 of first season"

Can you tell me why the first rebellion failed again? Is it because Lelouch tried to help C.C., or because he ran off to help Nunnally?

Hint: He says the entire war is pointless without Nunnally. Season 2 is when his resolution was affirmed.

"4. No it simply goes to show that Charles is not destined to wield the code for long."

This was you replying to someone asking why the initials had to be a requirement for naming when Charles didn't the initials.

lol'd.

Forgetfulness said:

I think they were pitching Nunnally as a magical girl~kyun~.

No, seriously though, they were pitching that she had powers to read into someones intentions, with her touching people and being able to tell if they were lying. Not that much of a stretch to say that she'd be able to see more when it came to Lelouch dying, when his powers dealt specifically with the brain.
AriaFlameJan 17, 2014 1:02 AM
Jan 17, 2014 12:49 AM
Nov 2011
Apparently people like to ignore parts of interviews, and I don't think anyone has quoted this line specifically in the thread yet, so, from the interview linked in previous comments, here you go:

CREATOR
"then I think his getting shot (killed) in the end was a logical end. Of course, I understand that not all of the viewers will accept this ending."

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=38473

AriaFlameJan 17, 2014 1:02 AM
Jan 25, 2014 11:03 PM
Jan 2014
Didn't the emperor have the first geass?
"Brrr Money count 'em, Brr AK" -Childish Gambino
Jan 25, 2014 11:23 PM

Oct 2013
I believe Lelouch is alive.
Jan 26, 2014 3:57 AM
Jan 2014
And plus lelouche's mom had a geass too and the crazy stalker guy
"Brrr Money count 'em, Brr AK" -Childish Gambino
Jan 28, 2014 5:00 AM
Sep 2010
I didn't go through the whole thread, so maybe I'm missing something, but anyway...
Although I like the idea of Lelouch being alive and keeping C.C. company for eternity, which is also kind of punishment as he will never see Nunally again, there is something that doesn't fit.
Didn't Charlez lose his geass after getting the code and becoming immortal?
So when Lelouch got the code after Charlez and Marianne vanished, shouldn't he also have lost his geass?
But when he becomes emperor he clearly uses it...
So I guess he really is dead, at least from a "logical" point of view.
Jan 30, 2014 4:44 AM

Jan 2011
Zero's Requiem. He bore weight of the sins he committed for the greater good. Living after everything that has transpired cheapens his death (sacrifice). Whether he is truly live is theory. Just like the immortality theory being law of the Code is just that, theory. Free to believe what you will.
Jan 30, 2014 6:45 PM

Sep 2012
I didn't read this whole thread but I wanted to point out to the OP that CLAMP only did the character designs. They didn't write Geass. Just a nitpicky detail.

Anyway, I can see proof on both sides. One could argue that the Cart Driver's skin tone was darker than Lelouch's, but Lelouch's skin could have tanned when working on the farm, since It isn't said how much time has passed. C2 looks up at the sky when she speaks to Lelouch and not at the driver, but the position she was in didn't allow her to look at him.

In a way, even if Lelouch is the Cart Driver, couldn't the ending be taken as Lelouch having "bought the farm"?

PS. If Lelouch did die, then wouldn't Suzaku have his Geass?
Also I love how Jeremiah picks oranges XD
Feb 2, 2014 11:26 PM
Feb 2014
You guys realize there is no answer to this question, right? Taniguchi and Ōkouchi have both stated that the ending is supposed to be left up to interpretation and there is no 'right' answer.

The ending is SUPPOSED to be ambiguous as hell in order to stir up conversation and debate. Anyone who takes a side is just grasping as straws.

Such a stupid debate.
thefrozenoneFeb 2, 2014 11:31 PM
Feb 3, 2014 2:00 AM

Mar 2012
I've got a question for those who believe in this real ending (which seems plausible to me) and have watched both seasons:

Kuroookoooooo-chin!
Feb 3, 2014 7:28 AM
May 2013
Posted this is another thread but will put it here as well..

I actually firmly believe he is alive.

1) Nunnally seems to experience the same visions characters have had in the past involving touching a "Code" user. It doesn't seem like she has a "realization" like Tohdoh and Kallen (when they appear to understand the plan from a distance), she specifically sees memories that only Lelouch has. If she was realizing Lelouchs plan why would they show her realization in such a unique way at the exact same moment she touches him?

2) C.C. talking to him at the end. Ok, so Kallen is talking to him but this is a voice-over "diary like" entry, it's not really the same. C.C is lying down on the wagon talking out loud directly to him. Also what she says "The power of the Kings, known as gaess, brings one solitude. Not quite accurate, is it? Right Lelouch". To me that's a massive implication that he is the one driving the cart, and she is referring to how neither of them are in solitude anymore. Why would she speak about solitude being incorrect if he was dead and she was alone again?

Now those to me are the two largest pieces of evidence. There is a video on youtube of a supposed directors cut which shows Lelouch at the end, but I've heard some call it a fake, so I won't use it as evidence. But I'd be interested to know if anyone else knows about this.

Also as a little counter argument to people saying that Lelouch didn't kill Charles therefore he couldn't have had his Geass. We are never told/shown that the person with the Gaess has to kill the one with the Code to absorb the Code. V.V. is already severely injured when Charles takes his Gaess. And he doesn't die right away, in fact he is still alive and has a brief conversation with C.C. before he dies. And the timing of Lelouch achieving the next stage of the Gaess (two eyes) combined with him specifically asking Suzaku to not intefere when Charles grabs his throat makes me think that physical contact was the exact moment he took the Code. We are never told if taking the Code makes a person lose their Gaess. It's perfectly possible that it's the death of the Code user who made the contract which causes the Gaess to disappear. In which case Lelouch could take the Code from Charles, but retain his Gaess because C.C lives.
Feb 6, 2014 5:45 AM
Nov 2010
AriaFlame said:
Fundog said:

Oh you mean like how Charles died when he shot himself? Or like how Mao died when he got shot a bunch of times?
No the man in the hat must be Lelouch and no other. Why? Because, out of everyone in C.C’s long life, she admits that Lelouch is truly special. He is the only one to ever thank her, the only one to get close to fulfilling his contract, the only one who is grateful for the Geass she gave him, and most importantly, the only one to give her a reason to live. It has been mentioned multiple times in the anime, since the very beginning that both of them needed a reason to live.
Lelouch’s main reason in the series was to avenge his mother and make a better world for Nunally. However, that changed in episode 15 of first season, when he said, that he would fulfil both their wishes, and it even shows that Lelouch is the one to reinstate their contract. In episode 15 of second season, Lelouch renews his vow to make C.C’s one wish come true. To make her smile. Now how can he make her smile/be loved if she realises that her only chance to die was taken from her by someone who supposedly would make her feel loved and then deserted him??? That would be the ultimate betrayal, given everyone she has done for him, even during the short period of time where she lost her memories. Lelouch has lied to the whole world about everything, including his death, but never to C.C, because she is the only person in the series who he has been completely honest to, and she is the only person to know her name.
In other words, the bond between C.C and Lelouch is a bond that she will most likely never share or has shared with any other person. Now, why would she feel content letting a complete stranger into her life? That person could most likely be one of the many thousands who have shunned and tortured her in the past.
The cart man is not a symbol. C.C would not be so ignorant as to believe all people are like Lelouch. This ‘new life’ you are referring to…if it is indeed with another random mortal, how is that any different than what she’s lived for so many years?? She will never be able to enjoy life because mortals will never understand her, Geass, immortality. Thus she will always have to be wary of mortals and will live the same life as before.
C.C’s final comment about power of the king – someone already explained that it was because Lelouch will indeed be isolated. The world he created, all the sacrifices he made for Nunally, he will never be able to see it. That pain of never knowing if Nunally is safe, that is the isolation. However, ‘not quite correct’ means that at least he can spend his solitude with C.C. You are misinterpreting what she meant in the Kallen scene. She never thought that she would be fighting for someone else, in other words, she never thought that she would have a ‘reason for living’.
Immortality is indeed a punishment, Lelouch will know that in 100 years, with certainty, everyone he loved will have died, and there is the chance that he will grow tired of C.C. What then?? Because of the sacrifice C.C made to seal away her Code and choose to live, Lelouch can never abandon her no matter what.

Oh my god, would it kill you to space out your paragraphs? What a mess to read.

" Because of the sacrifice C.C made to seal away her Code and choose to live, Lelouch can never abandon her no matter what."

What? Even accepting your odd premise that lelouch would get tired of C.C. (seriously, wtf? lol), why would sealing the code mean lelouch can't bail on her anyway?

What a stupid comment. Who the hell says "oh wut if he dont like dat ass no mo?"

"C.C’s final comment about power of the king – someone already explained that it was because Lelouch will indeed be isolated. "

She states she was wrong about the power of the king isolating him. How does this translate into the power isolating him, when she just stated it didn't?

"I never thought I still had these feelings about winning or losing". This equates to ="I never thought I'd lose or win for someone else"?

C.C. is complaining about losing to Kallen. How did you stumble from this onto thinking that she meant "I didn't think I'd be fighting for someone else"? wut.

"C.C would not be so ignorant as to believe all people are like Lelouch."

What...in the hell are you talking about. Why would C.C. be living with another dude? O.O

Him taking her into her new life doesn't mean he's going to be IN it. He's a cart driver, she's hitching a ride. That's it.

I specifically made fun of the notions of NTR and cluckold when discussing the cart driver, yet there are actually still people stupid even to think that's what I'm talking about...sigh.

"No the man in the hat must be Lelouch and no other. Why? Because, out of everyone in C.C’s long life, she admits that Lelouch is truly special."

lol'd.

"Lelouch’s main reason in the series was to avenge his mother and make a better world for Nunally. However, that changed in episode 15 of first season"

Can you tell me why the first rebellion failed again? Is it because Lelouch tried to help C.C., or because he ran off to help Nunnally?

Hint: He says the entire war is pointless without Nunnally. Season 2 is when his resolution was affirmed.

"4. No it simply goes to show that Charles is not destined to wield the code for long."

This was you replying to someone asking why the initials had to be a requirement for naming when Charles didn't the initials.

lol'd.

Forgetfulness said:

I think they were pitching Nunnally as a magical girl~kyun~.

No, seriously though, they were pitching that she had powers to read into someones intentions, with her touching people and being able to tell if they were lying. Not that much of a stretch to say that she'd be able to see more when it came to Lelouch dying, when his powers dealt specifically with the brain.

Um of course Lelouch would get tired of C.C, after spending eternity with someone and only them, you're bound to get tired of them. He is only doing it out of gratitude for everything she's done for him...
How could you not get that?

I said her sacrifice which included sealing her Code and choosing to live means Lelouch has to fulfill his end of the promise and make her smile...in other words, he's bound by his moral compass to not abandon her.

Yes, C.C said Geass would not isolate him...because they're together. Two Geass users together would make sure neither of them are lonely.

No, she’s not complaining…she feels strange because she never thought she’d care about winning or losing, but because she is now fighting for someone else, those feelings have emerged.

When did I say it was with another dude? Point being that C.C will not trust any human being the way she trusts Lelouch. Yeah, it might be a simple ride, but not only is she a wanted person, she is also relatively defenceless in that cart. How does she know where he’s taking her? If Lelouch, the only person she trusted, did abandon her despite all his promises, even simple human interactions like that wouldn’t be possible for her, and she certainly wouldn’t be in such a casual mood. When have we seen her smiling like that, especially not in Lelouch’s presence?

Yeah the war is about Nunally, until he found out about C.C’s past and his promise to her. He even declared to C.C that he would have to kill Nunally to ensure the success of the Requiem.

No it’s not a requirement.

And before you start calling people stupid, you might want to actually use some of your legendary comprehension skills cos most of my points were relatively easy to understand.

Um of course Lelouch would get tired of C.C, after spending eternity with someone and only them, you're bound to get tired of them. He is only doing it out of gratitude for everything she's done for him...
How could you not get that?

I said her sacrifice which included sealing her Code and choosing to live means Lelouch has to fulfill his end of the promise and make her smile...in other words, he's bound by his moral compass to not abandon her.

Yes, C.C said Geass would not isolate him...because they're together. Two Geass users togeht
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Feb 7, 2014 9:44 AM
Feb 2014
Kamui-Yui said:
@Thep - LOL so it wasn't just me that got it :D awesome
Just to clarify, I'm no fanboy o.o I despise Lelouch and it was just right for him to be wander eternally, tormented by immortality with C.C...
for euphie♥
ahh... euphie ~_~
Thank you for making me aware of these facts. However, I believe that your reason for hating Lelouch is irrational. He only killed Euphemia because he didn't want her to live the rest of her life doing something she was totally against, just because he accidentally cast his geass on her. what he did was an act of mercy.
Feb 18, 2014 5:30 AM

Jan 2014
A PERSON under a geass USER's control/effect would only wore off if the USER itself dies right? but how come "Schniezel still serves Zero".? That's another fact,

Example the episode where Rolo killed the one controlling LELOUCH's subordinate in a nightmare frame and the effect stop after he died ("research subject/s/kids who got geass power/s due to the facility where V.V and C.C(Formerly /w V.V) are operating.

If you want make your main character die properly then, you should have made a burial scene for him/her, even though you are regardly hated by the people...and plus they didnt want to make LELOUCH alive cause they dont want to continue the series..even though they really want him to be alive.

thank you so much for starting this thread, not that solves it, I hate the fact that LELOUCH is dead, now that "HE's" past self is dead hiding from the world, I guess we can call him L.L now LoL :))

L.L x C.C <3
DeadZeroSourceFeb 18, 2014 7:49 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Feb 25, 2014 7:34 AM

Aug 2013
i have a theory about the cranes that lies around various places in the show(although its only about the pink crane next to C.C)

although C.C created the contract with lelouch originally to die, she turned down the offer when she got it realizing that her true wish was EQUAL love(as hinted from her memories when lelouch visits her when she has a geass). Now C.C had spent some time with nunally during their academy days and heard the tale about the origami cranes and wishes, ultimately moved by lelouch's speech in church (which she prays in at the ending) stating that geass is like wishes she remembers it and folds a crane since her wish has yet to be fulfilled. although this would mean lelouch is dead and HE DID state he would become her warlock
"he that chooses his own path needs no map" - queen kristina of Sweden
Mar 1, 2014 8:53 PM

Aug 2012
C.C or C2, V.V or V2,
Lelouch pronounced Rerouch in japanese

Code Geass R2.
YES R2 nuff said! There is plenty of other evidence/hints of him being alive but this one is the strongest one (my opinion)
Mar 1, 2014 11:34 PM
Nov 2010
Sageie said:
i have a theory about the cranes that lies around various places in the show(although its only about the pink crane next to C.C)

although C.C created the contract with lelouch originally to die, she turned down the offer when she got it realizing that her true wish was EQUAL love(as hinted from her memories when lelouch visits her when she has a geass). Now C.C had spent some time with nunally during their academy days and heard the tale about the origami cranes and wishes, ultimately moved by lelouch's speech in church (which she prays in at the ending) stating that geass is like wishes she remembers it and folds a crane since her wish has yet to be fulfilled. although this would mean lelouch is dead and HE DID state he would become her warlock

So you're saying Lelouch turns his back on C.C and his promise to fulfill her wish? And she would still want to remember him in a fond way, while crying for his judgment in the afterlife, whatnot? Also, she could always use a Zero mask to remember him.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Mar 2, 2014 9:59 AM

Jan 2014
Fundog said:

So you're saying Lelouch turns his back on C.C and his promise to fulfill her wish? And she would still want to remember him in a fond way, while crying for his judgment in the afterlife, whatnot? Also, she could always use a Zero mask to remember him.

I would rather take it in this way. Maybe she did fold that crane hoping for her wish to be fulfilled, or maybe it was Nunnalys crane which Lelouch brought with him. Whatever the case the crane fulfilled its purpose by bringing Lelouch to life and leading to a happy ending for everyone. Even myself cause I see both of them living together for all eternity as Witch x Warlock.
"This world is rotten. " - Yagami Light
"What's most upsetting, is I don't hurt." -Alan Shore
"I am not the one at fault, the world is." - Lelouch Lamperouge
"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really… I was alive" - Walter White
Mar 2, 2014 6:32 PM
Jan 2013
Haven't read all the replies. But with regard to the origami crane which was given to Lelouch by Nanami, It is placed on the cart just above the driver, far away from the rest of CC's belongings. This would lead one to believe that it belongs to the driver not CC. If that's true, then the ending is quite clear.
Mar 5, 2014 7:48 AM
Oct 2012
The guy's alive.
Because the creators said he's dead? Is that the best argument people can come up with?
If they said he was alive, people would accept it wholly, as there's evidence pointing to hi being alive.
If they said something along the lines of 'who knows' or 'maybe', that's almost the same as them saying that he's alive.
If they said he's probably dead, the word probably pretty much suggests the reverse.
By saying that Lelouch is dead, they get fans off their f'ing back, that way they no longer have to deal with fanmails or requests...can you imagine the floods of R3 requests that would've come in? Plus, it leaves the ending open to the viewers opinions. Just because the creators ' said' so doesn't mean that it is so, as is evident in this thread. Thus you have an ending that satisfies those who want him, or believe him to be dead, or want or believe him to be alive - the best of both worlds. Basically, the creators are playing us, plain and simple .

First, when C.C received her code from her teacher, she was covered in blood, especially surrounding the neck area. Why? She was killed. Why? So that the Code transfer would kick in and thus her teachers loss of code would be completely and utterly finalized, thus symbolizing her true death, and the birth of C.C.

Charles received V.V's code when he died, it was the code transfer that resulted in his resurrection and his completion. In essence, a cod requires the destruction of the old and a birth of the new - thus, the recipient will die, and be resurrected by the power of the Code.

Hence, when Lelouch forced Charles and Marrieanne to disappear, he effectively stole their code, with Charles grabbing his neck serving to only instate this further. Thus, from the moment on, Lelouch was effectively immortal. Or rather, from that moment on Lelouch was destined to die, and upon doing so he was fated to be reborn anew. In essence, he rebelled in his lifetime, and rebelled against death as he revives, quite phoenix like which fits both the motif of the series and the ideals of Lelouch - to destroy so as to create anew.

Jeremiah would not have been smiling had Lelouch truly died. Why? Because it would have been bittersweet. Yes his monarch's wish would have finally come to fruition, yet he also would have lost his master. It was because Lelouch would not die that he could smile, as only good would come from Lelouch's death - as he would simply be reborn anew as R.R. Rerouch Ramperouge in Japanese isn't it? Something about oriental languages not distinguishing between L's and R's.

Lastly, for those that think that Lelouch living on takes away something from the series as he's no longer a martyr, and kind of puts a damper on his whole ' shoot if you're prepared to be shot thing'...well it doesn't. Lelouch is dead. R.R is born. R.R will always remember that Lelouch carries the sins of the world. Not only that, but R.R will have to live for the future, essentially, next time a disturbance of war comes about, he'll have to resurface. His eternal plight will be that of a peace-maker. He will forever be damned as a man who will have to fight to keep the peace. He'll spill rivers of blood, and continue to do so, for he has already done so. He has been reborn, yes, but he cannot escape Lelouch, and he cannot escape who he is. C.C's real wish was to be loved, and eventually she was brought back to that wish. Lelouch's wish was for a peaceful world, and he will always be drawn to that wish. Geass is like a wish, yet at the same time it's highly likely that you'll become enslaved to that wish. Charles could re-write memories, thus his obsession with the Sword of Akasha, same with Marianne with her whole 'consciousness' Geass.
Besides, death is a bit of an easy release no? Having to live on would be far harder.
Mar 6, 2014 4:52 AM
Mar 2014
In all fairness, it truly makes no difference whatsoever if he actually died or became immortal. Even if he's an immortal he has to live as if he was dead anyway, his life as Lelouch Lamperouge is "dead" regardless. Obviously I can't deny the fact that the writer and directer both said he's dead. However, they don't say he's "buried in the ground confirmed dead" but they do say his character is dead and his story is over. His story is over and he's 'dead' because his character has given everything, he no longer has a place in the world of Geass.

It's very similar to Sam Witwicky in The Transfomers movies. They wanted to continue making Transformer's movies but they couldn't do it behind the views of Sam anymore, his character had given everything he could to create the first 3 movies. He won't be the main character and might not even have a cameo in the 4th, but that doesn't mean that he's physically dead in the series; his character is 'dead' because it had nothing left to give to the movies.

I like to think this is what they were aiming at when they said Lelouch is dead. He no longer has value in the future of the Geass world so whether he is actually cold-blooded dead or an immortal honestly doesn't matter on any level, his character has depleted all of his worth and has become 'dead' to the series.

I am not on one side or the other, to me both possibilities (either dead or immortal) end with the same emotional tone. If he's dead then so be it, we are done here. If he is immortal than he has to live forever as if he is dead anyway (which living as a nobody forever would be an equivalent to death emotionally) so i'm content with either ending.

I did want to ask one question, and I apologize if it ends up being a dumb one, but how is it that Mao became immortal but he didn't fulfill his contract or really do anything positive for the future of mankind? To me, I can't prove this though, Lelouch achieves much more power than Mao does by the end of R2 and he completes his contract. So part of me thinks it would be silly that Lelouch can't become immortal if Mao attained it when he didn't do much of anything. I would assume that Lelouch would easily become an immortal if Mao could do it, then again I can't put 100% of my confidence behind this because we know so little of Mao's past other than what C.C tells us. Maybe Mao was a legitimate bad-ass before his Geass started to make him go crazy.

Basically folks, whether you believe Lelouch vi Britannia is dead or immortal, the ending result is exactly the same. His character is dead, there is no possibility of Lelouch in a future Geass story regardless of his physical status.
Mar 6, 2014 5:00 AM

Jun 2009
I kinda find it hard to believe that the most influential and at the same time hated person in the world dies and then they leave his body lying around without anyone bothering to check what happens to it.

So he just lies there, presumably dead, and ten minutes later gets up and just walks away and NO ONE NOTICES. Yeah right...

(also it's amazing how this show still manages to induce so much discussion even more than five years after finishing)
Mar 7, 2014 3:18 AM
Nov 2010
-Scaze- said:
The guy's alive.
Because the creators said he's dead? Is that the best argument people can come up with?
If they said he was alive, people would accept it wholly, as there's evidence pointing to hi being alive.
If they said something along the lines of 'who knows' or 'maybe', that's almost the same as them saying that he's alive.
If they said he's probably dead, the word probably pretty much suggests the reverse.
By saying that Lelouch is dead, they get fans off their f'ing back, that way they no longer have to deal with fanmails or requests...can you imagine the floods of R3 requests that would've come in? Plus, it leaves the ending open to the viewers opinions. Just because the creators ' said' so doesn't mean that it is so, as is evident in this thread. Thus you have an ending that satisfies those who want him, or believe him to be dead, or want or believe him to be alive - the best of both worlds. Basically, the creators are playing us, plain and simple .

First, when C.C received her code from her teacher, she was covered in blood, especially surrounding the neck area. Why? She was killed. Why? So that the Code transfer would kick in and thus her teachers loss of code would be completely and utterly finalized, thus symbolizing her true death, and the birth of C.C.

Charles received V.V's code when he died, it was the code transfer that resulted in his resurrection and his completion. In essence, a cod requires the destruction of the old and a birth of the new - thus, the recipient will die, and be resurrected by the power of the Code.

Hence, when Lelouch forced Charles and Marrieanne to disappear, he effectively stole their code, with Charles grabbing his neck serving to only instate this further. Thus, from the moment on, Lelouch was effectively immortal. Or rather, from that moment on Lelouch was destined to die, and upon doing so he was fated to be reborn anew. In essence, he rebelled in his lifetime, and rebelled against death as he revives, quite phoenix like which fits both the motif of the series and the ideals of Lelouch - to destroy so as to create anew.

Jeremiah would not have been smiling had Lelouch truly died. Why? Because it would have been bittersweet. Yes his monarch's wish would have finally come to fruition, yet he also would have lost his master. It was because Lelouch would not die that he could smile, as only good would come from Lelouch's death - as he would simply be reborn anew as R.R. Rerouch Ramperouge in Japanese isn't it? Something about oriental languages not distinguishing between L's and R's.

Lastly, for those that think that Lelouch living on takes away something from the series as he's no longer a martyr, and kind of puts a damper on his whole ' shoot if you're prepared to be shot thing'...well it doesn't. Lelouch is dead. R.R is born. R.R will always remember that Lelouch carries the sins of the world. Not only that, but R.R will have to live for the future, essentially, next time a disturbance of war comes about, he'll have to resurface. His eternal plight will be that of a peace-maker. He will forever be damned as a man who will have to fight to keep the peace. He'll spill rivers of blood, and continue to do so, for he has already done so. He has been reborn, yes, but he cannot escape Lelouch, and he cannot escape who he is. C.C's real wish was to be loved, and eventually she was brought back to that wish. Lelouch's wish was for a peaceful world, and he will always be drawn to that wish. Geass is like a wish, yet at the same time it's highly likely that you'll become enslaved to that wish. Charles could re-write memories, thus his obsession with the Sword of Akasha, same with Marianne with her whole 'consciousness' Geass.
Besides, death is a bit of an easy release no? Having to live on would be far harder.

Well said, I think I pretty much said the exact same thing a few pages ago.
Except that the second season is named R2 because R2 effectively ended the rebellion. Hence, any series which takes place after would not be called R3, because that has no meaning.

Mar 15, 2014 11:01 AM

Jan 2014
grandy_UiD said:
I kinda find it hard to believe that the most influential and at the same time hated person in the world dies and then they leave his body lying around without anyone bothering to check what happens to it.

So he just lies there, presumably dead, and ten minutes later gets up and just walks away and NO ONE NOTICES. Yeah right...

(also it's amazing how this show still manages to induce so much discussion even more than five years after finishing)

Lots of things which were hard to believe happened in Code Geass
1. Soldiers coming in to get themselves Geassed
2. A million people changing into Zero costumes out of nowhere
3. Foolishness and Arrogance of Ohgi
4. Suzaku, Knight of Seven, Knight of Zero dying and coming back as Zero.

Like you said if the most influential persons knight who was equally hated could fool them and come back as Zero, I don't see a problem of said person disappearing with a particular witch.
"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really… I was alive" - Walter White
Mar 16, 2014 1:52 AM

Jun 2009
BurninDarkness said:
grandy_UiD said:

Lots of things which were hard to believe happened in Code Geass
1. Soldiers coming in to get themselves Geassed
2. A million people changing into Zero costumes out of nowhere
3. Foolishness and Arrogance of Ohgi
4. Suzaku, Knight of Seven, Knight of Zero dying and coming back as Zero.

Like you said if the most influential persons knight who was equally hated could fool them and come back as Zero, I don't see a problem of said person disappearing with a particular witch.

All of the things you just mentioned can at least be (somehow) explained. On the other hand I can't come up with even one single theory about how Lelouch would pull the "resurrecting and escaping" thing off. If you could provide an explanation I'd be willing to listen to it. And it's not only about somehow getting out of there but also the consequences that it would have. I really don't think the world would just accept an "yeah guys for some unexplained reason his corpse just disappeared". A lot of people would get suspicious of something going on. At the very least Suzaku wouldn't just take that.

So for the time being I'm going with the ending that makes sense and is also the obvious one. Not the version that's incredibly vague and riddles the ending with plotholes bigger than anything seen before.
Mar 16, 2014 7:46 AM

Jan 2014
The way I see it happening:

Lelouch obviously doesn't plan on becoming immortal and is just as shocked as anyone else regarding his predicament. Let us take it from the place of his "death".
Jeremiah being as loyal as he is makes his escape with Lelouch's corpse.Lelouch might not care what happens to him after his death, but Jeremiah might know with so much hatred focused on his master, his death itself might not be enough to qwell it.

Suzaku and the rest aren't so heartless to pursue him to get his corpse. Even if they do, with KMFs under Jeremiah and rest of them on foot, it isn't a big leap to think he escaped with Lelouch's corpse.

From hereon it is quite easy to expect the turn of events. Jeremiah tearing up a little in front of his body in the palace and Lelouch starts stirring and both are surprised. Lelouch being the smart guy figures out he must have received his fathers Code and is frustrated. Knowing only one person best to discuss things like Code he finds CC who is speechless and maybe a little happy? They head off together to either live a life in exclusion or find a way to get rid of their Codes another way by traveling parts of the world.
Mar 16, 2014 8:57 AM

Jun 2009
BurninDarkness said:
The way I see it happening:

Lelouch obviously doesn't plan on becoming immortal and is just as shocked as anyone else regarding his predicament. Let us take it from the place of his "death".
Jeremiah being as loyal as he is makes his escape with Lelouch's corpse.Lelouch might not care what happens to him after his death, but Jeremiah might know with so much hatred focused on his master, his death itself might not be enough to qwell it.

Except we clearly see Jeremiah and the soldiers escaping as soon as Cornelia and her gang storm the streets. While Lelouch was lying dead in Nunnaly's arms. So that doesn't work.

(Jeremiah getting him out of there would indeed be in character for him and it's the only way I was able to come up with, too. But if you think about it a bit more it's highly unlikely that he would be able to secure Lelouch's body in that situation.)
grandy_UiDMar 16, 2014 10:34 AM
Mar 16, 2014 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm, yeah that part might be a stretch.
Ok Take-2

Lelouch finds himself in a large space surrounded by masks.He stars wondering where he is and his thoughts are interrupted by an all too familiar voice "Lelouch". He turns around to find CC who looks astonished to see him. This leads to a conversation where they come to a conclusion that Lelouch possibly received his fathers Code. Lelouch inquires where his body is and CC says his burial ceremony will be held the next day. And his body is currently in the Palace. From here on my predictions are pretty crude as I most definitely lack imagination, but they are possible compared to the impossible stuff pulled off in the show.

1. They distract people in the palace and replace his body with a look alike using the same mask Sayoko used to impersonate Lelouch.
2. Or Lelouch obsessed to go through with his punishment stays in the casket and plays dead before finally deciding to come out after being derided by CC. With help of Jeremiah they can replace the corpse in no time. I'm sure no one will bother digging up graves at later time for no reason as there won't be much suspicion whether the Emperors body is still there or not.

But seriously lots of unexplainable stuff happened on the show, even if this was a little over them, I like the ending where I see him riding into the sunset with CC for eternity. So I was able to fill those holes for the ending by convincing myself with Lelouch and Code Geass anythings possible.
If you might not like the ending then it might be tough for one to do the same.
Mar 17, 2014 7:07 PM

Jan 2014
DouLou said:
Posted this is another thread but will put it here as well..

I actually firmly believe he is alive.

1) Nunnally seems to experience the same visions characters have had in the past involving touching a "Code" user. It doesn't seem like she has a "realization" like Tohdoh and Kallen (when they appear to understand the plan from a distance), she specifically sees memories that only Lelouch has. If she was realizing Lelouchs plan why would they show her realization in such a unique way at the exact same moment she touches him?

2) C.C. talking to him at the end. Ok, so Kallen is talking to him but this is a voice-over "diary like" entry, it's not really the same. C.C is lying down on the wagon talking out loud directly to him. Also what she says "The power of the Kings, known as gaess, brings one solitude. Not quite accurate, is it? Right Lelouch". To me that's a massive implication that he is the one driving the cart, and she is referring to how neither of them are in solitude anymore. Why would she speak about solitude being incorrect if he was dead and she was alone again?

Now those to me are the two largest pieces of evidence. There is a video on youtube of a supposed directors cut which shows Lelouch at the end, but I've heard some call it a fake, so I won't use it as evidence. But I'd be interested to know if anyone else knows about this.

Also as a little counter argument to people saying that Lelouch didn't kill Charles therefore he couldn't have had his Geass. We are never told/shown that the person with the Gaess has to kill the one with the Code to absorb the Code. V.V. is already severely injured when Charles takes his Gaess. And he doesn't die right away, in fact he is still alive and has a brief conversation with C.C. before he dies. And the timing of Lelouch achieving the next stage of the Gaess (two eyes) combined with him specifically asking Suzaku to not intefere when Charles grabs his throat makes me think that physical contact was the exact moment he took the Code. We are never told if taking the Code makes a person lose their Gaess. It's perfectly possible that it's the death of the Code user who made the contract which causes the Gaess to disappear. In which case Lelouch could take the Code from Charles, but retain his Gaess because C.C lives.

well done mister!
Zapraszam POLSKOJĘZYCZNYCH - www.payhip.com/KacperAlgierskiTalesPL
K A T - Legenda Zza Światów - wstęp:
W dawnych czasach, które już niemal całkowicie przeminęły, magia i posługujące się nią istoty,
a także zaklęte stwory i złowrogie, nieokiełznane bestie
zamieszkiwały Zza Światy, pomiędzy którymi można było odbywać podróże.
Wiedza na ten temat była jednak przekazywana wyłącznie nielicznym wybrańcom.
Wielcy bohaterzy musieli stawać do walki ze złem, w obronie dobra,
by przezwyciężyć zagrażające równowadze mroczne widmo ciemności i chaosu
i zaprowadzić niezbędny wszem wobec praworządny ład i porządek.
Oto legenda jednego z nich…
Mar 18, 2014 8:33 AM

Jun 2009
DeadZeroSource said:
A PERSON under a geass USER's control/effect would only wore off if the USER itself dies right? but how come "Schniezel still serves Zero".? That's another fact,

Example the episode where Rolo killed the one controlling LELOUCH's subordinate in a nightmare frame and the effect stop after he died ("research subject/s/kids who got geass power/s due to the facility where V.V and C.C(Formerly /w V.V) are operating.

People here should really stop coming up with theories (and presenting them as facts) when the series never ever stated something like that. Only because one Geass stops working after the users death doesn't mean that's true for every Geass.

I'm not sure about that example but I think it means the scene where they raid the Geass order and one of the kids there took control of one of the soldiers movements. It indeed stops after Rolo kills the kid.

The thing is there are different types of Geass and that kid's was obviously one that only works while the user is actively using it. So if he turns it off (or dies) the effect stops as well. Same type as Rolo.

Then there are Geass that only have to be used once and then have a permanent effect on the target. That would be the case with Lelouch. he doesn't have to constantly use it. He casts it once and is done with it. Same as Charles.

Oh yeah Charles. Remember him? Both Nunnaly and Anya were still under the influence of his Geass long after he died. So there goes that theory down the drain.
grandy_UiDMar 18, 2014 8:36 AM
Apr 5, 2014 2:14 PM

Jun 2009
2 years on and people are still in denial? the first post provides all the evidence you need.
Apr 6, 2014 9:05 AM

Nov 2013
Sunwind said:
2 years on and people are still in denial? the first post provides all the evidence you need.

Those are all assumptions and not evidence.
Apr 8, 2014 11:25 PM

Aug 2012
Botato said:
Sunwind said:

Those are all assumptions and not evidence.

All camp have equal strong prof, current it still in stalemate condition
Apr 12, 2014 11:09 AM
Mar 2014
Eurell said:
i've just watched this anime 2 season in 2 days.
i never got stoyline like this, it's awesome
i've got some proof that Lelouch still alive.

if you said he got code from Charles, i think it's wrong i read from wikipedia, Code can be obtained from who give the Geass.

in the last episode there's conversation between Lelouch and Suzaku

i thought that's the time Suzaku Receive Geass from Lelouch and Lelouch Got his Code. Suzaku kill him to activate the immortality. maybe suzaku doesn't know about that immortality.
C.C. has lost her code. she's still alive but NOT IMMORTAL anymore
but there's something still bothered me with those thoughts.
if those thoughts are true, i saw C.C. Still have the code on her head (whether it is the process of completion of her contract?)

sorry for my bad english

Suzaku knew about the immortality. When suzaku appeared with C.C into the world of C, he said "So, I understand you're immortal now."
May 13, 2014 6:24 AM
May 2014
I dunno. I just got through both seasons in like a day and a half and I can honestly say that the assassination at the end was like only the second moment out of all the anime I've ever seen that's made me tear up (the first being Ichigo copping the cero to the chest atop Hueco Mundo [BLEACH]).

Reading up on it, I find that apparently the director of the anime (though not necessarily the writer, which is why so many people just ignore it) brings up a good point that the fans are free to interpret the ending in any way they think fits how they liked the series.

I kind of suspected that it was possible he attained the Code from his father when he killed him in the Sword of Akasha, and that he was unaware of it leading up to his death.

I based that theory on the fact that:

1. His father stole V. V.'s Code before killing him (or while; however it works), and that since Lelouch killed Charles, it could have been a side effect he wasn't aware of.

2. I don't think that Lelouch is the kind of character that would have deliberately sought out the Code. He was confident in his strategic abilities to be able to survive the wars leading up to the final implementation of the Zero Requiem, almost to the point of it being a fault.

3. His ultimate goal was always to ensure Nunnally would have a world she could be happy in, despite that he was oblivious to the one defining thing she would need for ultimate happiness: him.

4. Part of that plan was always to have Suzaku assassinate him under the guise of Zero, who was Lelouch's only true mask. So deliberately planning to keep himself alive, while handing that mantle on to his friend seemed a bit stupid -- something he'd proven multiple times throughout the series that he was not.

I'm a terrible optimist. So, personally, I like to think that, despite all of his planning, that one unforeseen event resulted in him surviving the assassination and that he made the decision, hard as it might be for him to abandon Nunnally, to completely drop off the face of the Earth (metaphorically) and travel with C. C.
May 13, 2014 6:36 AM
Feb 2014
sadly i found out the real ending a year after since i watched subbed not raw

anyway my theory is that C.C gave it to lelouch before he went to kill himself with him not noticing as she took charles code before lelouch made him go space dust.

ohh for those who say he got it after he killed charles, that makes no sense as he was still using the geass for like 4 more episde so its literally impossible for him to have the code as you cant have both the geass and the code
I only read books i have already read
May 13, 2014 8:56 AM

Nov 2013
zak_arranda said:

Reading up on it, I find that apparently the director of the anime (though not necessarily the writer, which is why so many people just ignore it) brings up a good point that the fans are free to interpret the ending in any way they think fits how they liked the series

He means whether it is a happy or tragic ending is up to the viewer to decide. Deciding that Lelouch is alive just because you feel like it gives the show a giant plothole.

zak_arranda said:
I kind of suspected that it was possible he attained the Code from his father when he killed him in the Sword of Akasha, and that he was unaware of it leading up to his death.

I based that theory on the fact that:

1. His father stole V. V.'s Code before killing him (or while; however it works), and that since Lelouch killed Charles, it could have been a side effect he wasn't aware of.

2. I don't think that Lelouch is the kind of character that would have deliberately sought out the Code. He was confident in his strategic abilities to be able to survive the wars leading up to the final implementation of the Zero Requiem, almost to the point of it being a fault.

3. His ultimate goal was always to ensure Nunnally would have a world she could be happy in, despite that he was oblivious to the one defining thing she would need for ultimate happiness: him.

4. Part of that plan was always to have Suzaku assassinate him under the guise of Zero, who was Lelouch's only true mask. So deliberately planning to keep himself alive, while handing that mantle on to his friend seemed a bit stupid -- something he'd proven multiple times throughout the series that he was not.

I'm a terrible optimist. So, personally, I like to think that, despite all of his planning, that one unforeseen event resulted in him surviving the assassination and that he made the decision, hard as it might be for him to abandon Nunnally, to completely drop off the face of the Earth (metaphorically) and travel with C. C.

He didn't kill Charles, he couldn't even if he wanted, and he never gained a code.
I thought it was clearly stated in the show that Charles and Marianne where absorbed by Cs world, Lelouch didn't kill them. Not to mention Lelouch made a contract with C.C, so he could only kill C.C. and gain her code. He can't gain the code of someone else.
PremiumCascade said:
sadly i found out the real ending a year after since i watched subbed not raw

anyway my theory is that C.C gave it to lelouch before he went to kill himself with him not noticing as she took charles code before lelouch made him go space dust.

But how did she get Charles' code? How is she able to possess two codes? And how did she give it to Lelouch?
PremiumCascade said:
ohh for those who say he got it after he killed charles, that makes no sense as he was still using the geass for like 4 more episde so its literally impossible for him to have the code as you cant have both the geass and the code
It is implied in the show that you have to die once to lose your geass power and turn immortal (C.C flash back and Charles' first "death"). However, I agree in that it doesn't make sense for him to have Charles' code because: 1. Lelouch didn't kill him and 2. His contract is with C.C
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

279 by bubba460z »»
May 26, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xinil - Feb 6, 2007

193 by bubba460z »»
May 25, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 24 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Jul 29, 2007

241 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Crystal - Mar 29, 2007

216 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crystal - Mar 22, 2007

391 by sharosharo »»
May 12, 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.