Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 1, 2014 12:06 AM

Aug 2013
I see it`s your opinion, and I respect that, but you`re wrong, and fuck you. - Nah just kidding. xD

As it has been stated a 100x before, people like what they like, and that`s why its so high. The majority of people that had interest in it and watched it liked it and gave it a high rating. I personally did like it and it wasn`t as bad as other anime *cough* DxD *cough* Jk Jk, I did not like DxD because it was mostly just fan-service but so is this one, except a different fan-service, a loli-service....Where was I going with this...Oh yeah.

To summarize - Everyone likes different things, making a post about how it may be inferior to another anime that you like, and how rushed it was, still wont change a thing and only creates conflict.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2014 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
DarkPaladinX said:
SolviteSekai said:
This show is for lack of a better word, trash.

It's rushed, and even when it isn't rushed, the premise is really dumb.

You have giant ninja dudes with buster swords fighting with gunman dolphin loli girls and shit.

How is this shit rated 7.8? I mean I know everything gets rated highly on mal, but even fucking DxD and other decent to good shows cant get this high.

Someone explain to me why I'm not getting it, because I'm a cynical dick and sometimes I just am too hard on things.

Oh, it's you again, the guy who takes other people's opinion too objectively.

Anyways, let me give you an explanation here in regards to MAL statistics. It is organized by the number by number of people who have knowledge of the show (labeled "members"), popularity, rank (the website said it's based on the top anime page, but I have no idea how it's calculated), and favorites. The website tries objective data where some of such data can be very subjective (except for the "members" part, which includes how many people is watching the anime, how many completed it, holding it, dropped, and plan to watch). The score stat, in particular, is based on the total average of how many people scored the series. Even so, the score ratings are highly subjective data.

If I were to use the same data gathering system and go to other anime websites such as Anime-Planet or Anime News Network, I would get completely different results because the anime community may either may either don't like lolis, have a completely different anime taste, or have a different opinion. Thus being said, the stats that this site gathers is objective data which is subjective.

Now, in regards to anime being "successful," anime companies don't give a shit on opinions (the subjective data), they go for the objective data such as how many people watched the series on the day it was aired, the streaming views, the impact of sales of the original source material, BD/DVD sales, etc. The MAL data may be put into consideration, but you must remember that it's still subjective data gathered objectively. Apparently, that goes for the same with what gets dubbed or not in the American anime industry, as Sentai Filmworks (the folks who licensed this series) makes their dubbing decisions based on objective data as well, but recently have left several popular ranking shows subbed-only, indicating subjective decisions from Sentai Filmwork's part.

Now, objectively speaking, Black Bullet is doing okay. It's expected that the first volume to sell 2,000 units in Japan and the origiinal LN experienced a 80% increase of sales since the anime aired. Thus being said, just because an anime is "popular" subjectively doesn't mean the anime will do well objectively. Take a look at Hitman Reborn, it's subjectively very popular, but in terms of Crunchyroll streaming numbers (the objective data), it didn't do that well (which is why Viz Media never picked the series up for home video rights). And then you have Sword Art Online, which objectively speaking, is one of the most watched anime , but is very polarizing subjectively.

EDIT: AND to add extra insult to your injury. Black Bullet was listed number one in the popularity rankings at one point at Crunchyroll. Mind you that popularity rankings tend to fluctuate too easily in Crunchyroll.

o.o Okay then
Anyway, I do think this is overrated. But hey, just because I think a show is bad doesn't mean everyone else who doesn't is wrong.
Jul 1, 2014 9:23 AM

Jan 2013
pretty amazing how people are here, inconsiderately insulting me for disliking the show, while pretending to be the victims.

Just because the rating "doesnt matter", doesnt mean we cant talk about it.

This is a forum. Nothing you people say here "really matters".

I'd rather argue over subjective anime shit than read another thread about "what is the meaning of life?" or "Whats it like to have a girlfriend?"
Jul 1, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2012
Causals and lolicons
Jul 1, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2013
VanishingKira said:
Causals and lolicons

All the lolis suck other than tina sprout and shes barely in the show at some points.
Jul 1, 2014 9:44 AM

Apr 2013
Kazataro said:

That is all.
Jul 1, 2014 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
if you cut out the girl on the left im down.
Jul 1, 2014 9:46 AM

Jun 2014
This show would have been way better if it didn't happen
Jul 1, 2014 10:17 AM

Oct 2013
The concept wasn't so bad and all
If anything, I blame the execution
I think the visual and lolis contributes a lot to keep this anime afloat above 7.5

But, I somewhat agree with you. This show is kinda meh
"Burn the heretics"
Jul 1, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2013
kikohunter said:
Silent_Sword said:
Same reason as shows like AoT, SAO and NGNL. I think most of the drama and plot twists in this didn't really surprise me, they just make me laugh.

Please don't compare this trash and NGNL to AoT because it was actually good it's just the hype that gets to people. But Black Bullet is absolute shit.

I corrected it for you
"Burn the heretics"
Jul 1, 2014 10:28 AM

Jan 2013
Toaki90 said:
kikohunter said:

Please don't compare this trash and NGNL to AoT because it was actually good it's just the hype that gets to people. But Black Bullet is absolute shit.

I corrected it for you

In a few months it will be acceptable to like NGNL and people will be defending it like they defend AoT.

Just watch.
Jul 1, 2014 10:30 AM

May 2010
SolviteSekai said:

Someone explain to me why I'm not getting it, because I'm a cynical dick and sometimes I just am too hard on things.

because bad taste. 4/10 it is for me.
Jul 1, 2014 10:33 AM

Jan 2013
Kerozinn said:
SolviteSekai said:

If I was still doing a list I'd give it a 5.

I mean its not horrible. It's just not anywhere near a 7.8.

I had to delete my list because i never updated it and im tired of people deciding how much i know about anime or if ive seen shit based on an arbitrary list.
Jul 1, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2012
SolviteSekai said:

Did you even finish it? Maybe that last episode so good make you rethink life
Jul 1, 2014 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
wzrd said:
SolviteSekai said:

Did you even finish it? Maybe that last episode so good make you rethink life

Unless tina sprout becomes the main character and they announce a rentarou free sequel i doubt it.
Jul 1, 2014 10:47 AM

May 2010
SolviteSekai said:
Kerozinn said:

I mean its not horrible. It's just not anywhere near a 7.8.

I had to delete my list because i never updated it and im tired of people deciding how much i know about anime or if ive seen shit based on an arbitrary list.

absolutely get where you are coming from..ppl are fast to judge :)
Jul 1, 2014 10:51 AM

May 2009
And what gives OP the right to impose his tastes on others and judge them? I hate threads like that. Most of people will rate anime by how much they enjoyed it and the only thing you can do is to deal with it. And seeing that kind of rage on the thin border of offending people you don't even know, I'm compelled to give it 10 instead of 6-7, just to piss you off.
Jul 1, 2014 10:57 AM

Nov 2011
Sure, this aint some masterpiece, but still beats Pupa...
Jul 1, 2014 10:59 AM

May 2013
Complain about Black Bullet when NGNL is on top 20 already. GGWP
Jul 1, 2014 11:02 AM

Mar 2011
I'am rating this sh1t with 9 you got a problem ?
Jul 1, 2014 11:03 AM

Jan 2013
Mydlak said:
Complain about Black Bullet when NGNL is on top 20 already. GGWP

Can't we complain about both?

Edit to add: My feeling when NGNL is better than FMA:B..
Jul 1, 2014 11:03 AM

May 2013
Exacly OP, I am the one who is rating this "shit" so high. 10/10 rekt
Jul 1, 2014 11:26 AM

Dec 2012
SolviteSekai said:
pretty amazing how people are here, inconsiderately insulting me for disliking the show, while pretending to be the victims.

I'd rather argue over subjective anime shit than read another thread about "what is the meaning of life?" or "Whats it like to have a girlfriend?"
It's about your approach to this thread. Coming in and going "this is shit! How can anyone like shit? Such trash!" doesn't make you sound like you're seeking other perspectives with an open mind but rather looking for reasons to continue bashing it.

Also if you're not going to update your list then expect people to be skeptical. Your example of "giant ninja dudes and dolphin lolis" hardly makes you sound like you've gone anywhere to make an informed opinion. You did this last summer by calling out people for being tasteless elitists because they didn't give a mediocre mahou shoujo a 7+.
Jul 1, 2014 11:29 AM

Dec 2010
Because people like it?

It's basically Attack on Titan done right in my opinion. There is a bit more emotional heft in the death scenes than anything I felt in AOT. It also has some interesting moral implications that touch on racism and discrimination.

It gets an 8.5 from me though!
Jul 1, 2014 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
It's rushed as hell and no character development for the supporting characters, but I still liked it. Another question is, OP... why do you care so much if people enjoy the anime? I mean get over it.
Jul 1, 2014 11:43 AM

Oct 2011
me. because... lolis. that's all. = w=

まったく、小学生は最高だぜ!!
Jul 1, 2014 11:45 AM

Dec 2009
I currently have the show at a 9 after 12 episodes. Come at me Bro.
Jul 1, 2014 11:52 AM

May 2009
Ratohnhaketon said:
SolviteSekai said:

It's about your approach to this thread. Coming in and going "this is shit! How can anyone like shit? Such trash!" doesn't make you sound like you're seeking other perspectives with an open mind but rather looking for reasons to continue bashing it.

Also if you're not going to update your list then expect people to be skeptical. Your example of "giant ninja dudes and dolphin lolis" hardly makes you sound like you've gone anywhere to make an informed opinion. You did this last summer by calling out people for being tasteless elitists because they didn't give a mediocre mahou shoujo a 7+.

Exactly. Nothing more to add, really.
Jul 1, 2014 12:05 PM

Dec 2011
Terrible pace, plot holes and sudden non-logical character developments. No, this wasn't a good show, and I fail to see why it was so hyped.

It's just another loli-cliché anime with morals that makes me cringe. Sure, people may rate it high for its action scenes and cute characters, but that's not what makes an anime good. Cool and adorable perhaps, but not good. The lot that does this fail to see the aspects of a show and should get their grading limited to 7-10, not 1-10. Because it wouldn't make any difference in the end.

I havn't read the novel, so I cant answer if the adaption was accurate or not. But I can safely say that the anime didn't make me interested at all in the novel, which is a pity to be honest.

Mod Edit: Flamebait removed.
rodacJul 1, 2014 7:41 PM
Jul 1, 2014 12:07 PM

Oct 2012
I'm amazed people still take mal ratings seriously.
Jul 1, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2014
Luupin said:
I'm sorry, but it's loli-shows like this and its supporters that makes today's anime industry and community cancerous.

I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for summing it up in a single sentence that I myself have never been able to form.
Jul 1, 2014 12:19 PM

Jun 2014
i enjoyed the series overall, even if it left a tons of shit unanswered
Jul 1, 2014 12:24 PM

Dec 2009
InTheOtherWorld said:
Luupin said:
I'm sorry, but it's loli-shows like this and its supporters that makes today's anime industry and community cancerous.

I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for summing it up in a single sentence that I myself have never been able to form.

Or maybe people with your viewpoints are the ones that are wrong? Honestly if we were all to clash one day and war, it would be interesting to see which side of humanity would be left intact, you don't like your enemies then you can always kill them.
Jul 1, 2014 12:35 PM
Dec 2013
i enjoyed it and gave it a 8/10, so am i retarded?
wouldve been 9/10 if it wasnt rushed :(
Jul 1, 2014 12:39 PM

Oct 2013
NachtHemdGangsta said:
i enjoyed it and gave it a 8/10, so am i retarded?

Yes u r -_-

Jul 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2014
Jouten said:
InTheOtherWorld said:

Or maybe people with your viewpoints are the ones that are wrong? Honestly if we were all to clash one day and war, it would be interesting to see which side of humanity would be left intact, you don't like your enemies then you can always kill them.

Why the aggression, friend? I am merely stating my opinion. Personally I think Luupin made a very valid point with the issues of the anime society of today.
Jul 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Jun 2013
Segneal said:

I'm pretty sure you loved SAO too right?
Jul 1, 2014 12:43 PM
Nov 2008
As a girl, I don't give a damn about lolis and they usually ruin the show for me. But I still gave it 6/10. Because Kagetane. Rentarou wasn't so bad actually. I can even watch second season to see more of Hiruko or him cooperating with Rentarou.
Jul 1, 2014 12:48 PM

Apr 2014
Arw said:
As a girl, I don't give a damn about lolis and they usually ruin the show for me. But I still gave it 6/10. Because Kagetane. Rentarou wasn't so bad actually. I can even watch second season to see more of Hiruko or him cooperating with Rentarou.

I agree with much of what you are saying; as a female I too am largely uninterested in loli-characters, and they usually do ruin the show. Kagetane would probably be my main reason for ever picking up a second season of this, although if the possible second season were to take after the train scene more often then I would ultimately enjoy it more thoroughly. ^^
Jul 1, 2014 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
InTheOtherWorld said:
Arw said:

I agree with much of what you are saying; as a female I too am largely uninterested in loli-characters, and they usually do ruin the show. Kagetane would probably be my main reason for ever picking up a second season of this, although if the possible second season were to take after the train scene more often then I would ultimately enjoy it more thoroughly. ^^

by the train scene you mean the over dramatic crying?

yeah anime needs more grimdark bullshit.
Jul 1, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2014
SolviteSekai said:
InTheOtherWorld said:

by the train scene you mean the over dramatic crying?

yeah anime needs more grimdark bullshit.

Not so much the crying part, but overall it just felt calmer and had a nicer touch to it than the rest of the series. And I thought the animation was rather nice. ^^
Jul 1, 2014 1:03 PM
Jan 2012
I cringe whenever someone calls out their attacks in this. It's like something out of a gag show, where they have super complicated attack names for... A boring punch or a fucking spear thrust.

Except it's not funny. Knowing what they mean in Japanese doesn't help either. At all.
Jul 1, 2014 1:32 PM

May 2009
I don't give a damn about lolis but I rated this 7 becouse:

- I liked the art.
- I liked the music, especially that bacground song in last episode, I guess by the blind girl.
- Nice fights.
- Finally, some blood again.
- I like that kind of background story where humanity fights for suruvial and there is bigger conflict although I had hoped it would escalate more.
- Few other minor factors like personalities of some characters and voice-acting.

I took 3 points from score for:
- Generic plot
- Generic main characters backgrounds
- Amount of lolis
- Plot being rushed.

Why I don't see you people raging at Blade & Soul section for 6,48 score where it is even more generic and art is very questionable.

I would rather say that lack of support for other genres of anime and current trends is the reason for that cancer. I would love more Claymore, Spice & Wolf, Legends of Legendary Heroes, Full Metal Panic but seems it won't happen.

And what is wrong with SAO? At least it is much better than Tower of Druaga or smth like that which was heavily dissapointing.
Jul 1, 2014 1:32 PM

Jun 2014
Jul 1, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2010
BakaAniki said:
Segneal said:

good one :)
Jul 1, 2014 3:04 PM
May 2014
InTheOtherWorld said:
Jouten said:

Why the aggression, friend? I am merely stating my opinion. Personally I think Luupin made a very valid point with the issues of the anime society of today.

This is very true, if I was to show something like Black Bullet that not only is a mediocre anime but also has sexualized 10 years old and said I enjoyed it to someone who doesn't watch anime, I think they would treat me as a pedophile.
kikohunterJul 1, 2014 3:08 PM
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 1, 2014 3:30 PM

Mar 2014
kikohunter said:
InTheOtherWorld said:

This is very true, if I was to show something like Black Bullet that not only is a mediocre anime but also has sexualized 10 years old and said I enjoyed it to someone who doesn't watch anime, I think they would treat me as a pedophile.

these girls are sexualized? wut?

i think if you noticed that, your already half-way there.
Jul 1, 2014 3:37 PM

Dec 2009
kikohunter said:
InTheOtherWorld said:

Seriously, this is the reason I'm aggressive. If you all want to be judgmental asswipes and badmouth anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion on the damn show, than you need to have your asses kicked. I don't put up with this shit offline, I sure as hell don't like to online either.
Jul 1, 2014 3:48 PM

Aug 2013
Jouten said:
kikohunter said:

Seriously, this is the reason I'm aggressive. If you all want to be judgmental asswipes and badmouth anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion on the damn show, than you need to have your asses kicked. I don't put up with this shit offline, I sure as hell don't like to online either.

i think that they`re simply badmouthing Lolis, which I find offensive, jk jk I dont care what you think. But as one of them mentioned "They would think I`m a pedophile" well shit, I`m guessing you`re gonna throw your hands up and go, yes, yes I am, and there is absolutely no other reason that I watch this, its definitely not because part the anime are these 10 yr. old girls who happen to posses powers and are part of the plot that I might be interested in. - Something like that. I personally think, to put it simple, lolis are cute, that`s it, just because it has lolis doesnt mean I`m gonna insta watch it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2014 4:07 PM

Jul 2013
People have a right to like whatever they like! :P
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it true that there is no hope? Do you still love this?

Ghefira - Jun 5

14 by Kostyazz »»
Jun 28, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2014

228 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 19, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2014

176 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 9, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2014

156 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 2, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

398 by cableguyjay »»
May 26, 5:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.