Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »
Jan 6, 2014 10:20 AM

Jul 2012
Space Dandy left me cold. I wanted to like it - zany humor?? inanity? chaotic? it just fell flat.

i don't think watching it dubbed helped. it just added to the feeling like it was actually a western animation. meh.
Jan 6, 2014 11:09 AM

Jan 2014
I was quite confused watching Space Dandy. Granted Its only been one episode so I'll continue to give it a chance until I can't take it anymore.
Jan 7, 2014 1:10 PM

May 2012
daintybiscuit said:
i don't think watching it dubbed helped. it just added to the feeling like it was actually a western animation. meh.

yeah man, my main problem with the dub is that none of the actors really succeeded in matching the over-the-top tone of the show. what they did was passable, but it was by no means the same quality as the show itself. the only one that was close was the guy who played the narrator.
MungoloidJrJan 7, 2014 1:13 PM
Jan 7, 2014 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
You guys don't like the dub?
I actually thought it was one of the best I've ever heard....
DangerDan said:
DarknessOfEmo said:
Space dandy was alright except that great quote by JP when he says "asses are better than boobs." and that limia dude was kinda funny when he got trapped into a chair. The bigger problem was the stupid voice of the robot girl. ugh that drives my gears. -___-

I liked QT's voice, but that fucking cat made me want to kill myself. It's like they wrote him to be hated. He ruined every joke.

You didn't like Meow? O:
I thought he was funny. Plus I like his design.
Jan 7, 2014 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
damnnn, does it air that late just to show 1 episode of an anime? Feel so sorry to those who watch Inuyasha on Toonami.
Jan 7, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2012
Battlechili1 said:

not even close. a good english dub requires more effort than what was put into Space Dandy's.
Jan 7, 2014 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
Watu said:
damnnn, does it air that late just to show 1 episode of an anime? Feel so sorry to those who watch Inuyasha on Toonami.

I've been recording Inuyasha and have been slowly watching it, so I have like 30 or more episodes to catch up on. Plus it used to air two episodes of Inuyasha a night.
It's not so bad. Though I feel its unfair that it only airs 1 episode a night now and Naruto is rerunning.
Jan 7, 2014 5:57 PM

Mar 2013
Battlechili1 said:
Watu said:

I've been recording Inuyasha and have been slowly watching it, so I have like 30 or more episodes to catch up on. Plus it used to air two episodes of Inuyasha a night.
It's not so bad. Though I feel its unfair that it only airs 1 episode a night now and Naruto is rerunning.

god i remember doing that 6 years ago. that was actually how i got into anime
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jan 7, 2014 6:02 PM
May 2013
MungoloidJr said:
Battlechili1 said:

not even close. a good english dub requires more effort than what was put into Space Dandy's.
To be fair they had to dub that show insanley fast putting in a lot of effort on the voices probably wasn't the first thing on Funimation's mind. Also the dub wasn't THAT bad I especially liked QT voice. However as far as the show goes that's still up in the air I'll give it a couple more weeks to actually see if this show worth the watch.
Jan 7, 2014 7:32 PM

May 2012
the dub isn't bad so far, it's just very underwhelming. it might get better as the show progresses though but i'm not crossing my fingers.
Jan 8, 2014 2:22 PM

Oct 2013
I am glad they stopped playing Cowboy bebop, BUT WHY are they restarting Naruto and playing Naruto Shippuden before Naruto. It makes not sense. Shippuuden sucks anyway they should have put something else on.

Bleach is stale.
FLCL seen it 4 times now :S
One Piece its going to take awhile to get used to Frankys voice. I didn't expect that at all.
Jan 8, 2014 2:33 PM

Aug 2011
Fierce_Deity22 said:
I am glad they stopped playing Cowboy bebop, BUT WHY are they restarting Naruto and playing Naruto Shippuden before Naruto. It makes not sense.

It's cheaper to replay Naruto while using the money they have to get better, newer shows. The shows on Toonami that come first (Space Dandy, Bleach, Naruto and OP) are generally the most viewed shows on the block, so of course Shippuden would come on before Naruto.

Jan 8, 2014 2:44 PM

Oct 2013
Nabris said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
I am glad they stopped playing Cowboy bebop, BUT WHY are they restarting Naruto and playing Naruto Shippuden before Naruto. It makes not sense.

It's cheaper to replay Naruto while using the money they have to get better, newer shows. The shows on Toonami that come first (Space Dandy, Bleach, Naruto and OP) are generally the most viewed shows on the block, so of course Shippuden would come on before Naruto.

I really would like to know who is watching Bleach. Every time I happen to tune in its a filler arc.
Jan 8, 2014 2:46 PM

Mar 2013
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Nabris said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:

I really would like to know who is watching Bleach. Every time I happen to tune in its a filler arc.
apparently over a million people a week since it is consistently over a million viewers
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jan 8, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2011
Fierce_Deity22 said:

I don't know exactly who, but numbers don't lie. Bleach always pulls in one million+ ratings each week, even if it's currently a filler arc.

http://toonamifaithful.com/toonami-ratings-for-january-4-5-2014/

Jan 8, 2014 2:50 PM

Oct 2013
mattbenz99 said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Nabris said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:

apparently over a million people a week since it is consistently over a million viewers

Your avatar reminded me a question I had. Didn't Toonami play Deathnote and Code geass before it got cancelled? I definitely remember seeing Code geass on TV.
Jan 8, 2014 2:52 PM

Mar 2013
Fierce_Deity22 said:
mattbenz99 said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Nabris said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:

Your avatar reminded me a question I had. Didn't Toonami play Deathnote and Code geass before it got cancelled? I definitely remember seeing Code geass on TV.

yes they did like 6 years ago

Jan 8, 2014 5:50 PM
Dec 2007
Fierce_Deity22 said:
mattbenz99 said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Nabris said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:

Death Note and Code Geass were never shown on Toonami,they were shown on Adult Swim.
Jan 13, 2014 6:02 PM

May 2012
2nd episode of space dandy was a huge improvement. had me laughing a few times and hopefully it gets better from here.
Jan 24, 2014 8:28 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I'm hoping Black Lagoon does well. It could possibly be a gateway to more mature anime to air, like Darker than Black for example.
Jan 24, 2014 8:33 PM

Mar 2013
i already own black lagoon so i wont watch it (not that i can right now since my american receiver broke)

Jan 24, 2014 8:43 PM

Aug 2011
I'll probably tune this out while it plays. It looks cool, but from what I've seen (/YT videos) it's not something I'd really enjoy. Who knows, I might come to like it.

So does this mean Blue Exorcist gets the 2AM time slot? Dammit. D:

Jan 24, 2014 9:33 PM

Dec 2012
Is the new schedule going into effect this saturday?
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Jan 24, 2014 9:38 PM

Aug 2011
monster7foot6 said:
Is the new schedule going into effect this saturday?

Nope. Black Lagoon and Blue Exorcist don't start until March.

Samurai Jack starts next month... and that's about all the news we have about new shows (for now), I think.

And derp on my part; I forgot SAO ends in a few weeks. I thought that's what Blue Exorcist was replacing. xD

Jan 24, 2014 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
HOLD THE PHONE.

Black Lagoon was announced for Toonami?
Feb 1, 2014 9:47 AM
Jan 2014
i don't really entirely agree with Toonami...

I believe the channel comes on in the later hours????

but people at my school are like "oh did you see the 'NEW' episode of Soul Eater?"
and it irks me because its NOT NEW and i just wanna go up to them and fix them, but then that makes me obsessive and weird... but I kind of am XD

I'm just too much of a "hipster" when it comes to not only music, but also anime

i don't want anime to be too "mainstream" because then the blind , stupid fans come in a fuck everything up
Feb 1, 2014 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't watched Toonami since like..2006. Does Tom still narrate the segments/breaks of the show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavcTC6j2rs

Tell me someone remembers that intro.
Feb 1, 2014 9:55 AM
Jul 2012
Aylaine said:
I haven't watched Toonami since like..2006. Does Tom still narrate the segments/breaks of the show?

Yes Tom still does those awesome breaks.

Nope I don't remember that. Probably because I haven't watched it before around that time if I remember.
Feb 1, 2014 9:56 AM

Feb 2013
i hope it hits the UK like the good old days
Feb 1, 2014 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
DarknessOfEmo said:
Aylaine said:

Yes Tom still does those awesome breaks.

That alone is worth watching. Mmm, Steve Blum...

Will check up on what shows will be playing. Thanks.
Feb 1, 2014 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
Aylaine said:

That alone is worth watching. Mmm, Steve Blum...

Will check up on what shows will be playing. Thanks.

Steve Blum still voices TOM too.

Also here. It comes on on Saturday nights/Sunday mornings:

Currently Airing:
Space Dandy(10:30 PM CST) (PREMIERE)
Bleach(11:00 PM CST)
Naruto: Shippuden (11:30 PM CST)
One Piece (12:00 AM CST)
Soul Eater (12:30 AM CST)
Sword Art Online (1:00 AM CST)
FLCL (1:30 AM CST)
Naruto (2:00 AM CST)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (2:30 AM CST)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (3:00 AM CST)
IGPX (3:30 AM CST)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (4:00 AM CST) (Not anime)
Inuyasha (4:30 AM CST)

Shows To Air On Toonami:
Blue Exorcist
Black Lagoon
Samurai Jack (Not anime)

Feb 10, 2014 7:41 PM
Feb 2012
after the season over . i would like Noragami to have a slot in toonami schedule , if they dub the show
Feb 10, 2014 10:20 PM

Aug 2011
bpSORE said:
after the season over . i would like Noragami to have a slot in toonami schedule , if they dub the show

Funimation will definitely dub it, although it's not a "huge" enough show to get on Toonami as quickly as SAO did. I would kill to see it on there though!

Blue Exorcist starts next week, right? I'm so excited!

Feb 10, 2014 11:22 PM

Aug 2013
Honestly and I know it's a long shot but I'd eventually like to see Toonami totally rebuild their block. Get rid of the nostalgic shows that've already had their time in the spotlight/have their notoriety for fresh meat. Give some of the better stuff of modern anime some more exposure to the Toonami faithful.

Assuming all these get respective dubs (pretty sure most if not all of this will...some of them obviously already have been dubbed)

Attack on Titan
Psycho Pass
Future Diary/Mirai Nikki
Log Horizon
Kill la Kill

on top of Black Lagoon and Blue Exorcist which have already been announced. Imagine some sort of block like that. Could be interesting.
Mar 27, 2014 10:08 PM

Jun 2012
Samurai Jack is coming back? Count me in!
Mar 27, 2014 10:11 PM

Jun 2013
How was Black Lagoon's airing? Did they bleep out just about every other word?
Mar 28, 2014 6:33 PM
Dec 2007
YorozuyaGinSan said:

It's already back on TV,you're abit late.
Mar 28, 2014 6:36 PM
Dec 2007
Evatallica said:
How was Black Lagoon's airing? Did they bleep out just about every other word?

They bleeped out the F-bomb,but other then that it wasn't censored to hell as many fans thought would happen.
Mar 31, 2014 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
So by the looks of it they're deciding to rerun Space Dandy now that season 1 has finished instead of replacing it. :/
Todd_ said:
I'm hoping Black Lagoon does well. It could possibly be a gateway to more mature anime to air, like Darker than Black for example.

So far its doing great ratings wise, by the looks of it.
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Yep! Its airing on Toonami now!
Mar 31, 2014 11:35 PM

Jul 2012
Champloo_Remix said:
Honestly and I know it's a long shot but I'd eventually like to see Toonami totally rebuild their block. Get rid of the nostalgic shows that've already had their time in the spotlight/have their notoriety for fresh meat. Give some of the better stuff of modern anime some more exposure to the Toonami faithful.

I really wish they wouldn't try to be an exclusive action-anime block. A lot of good drama & comedies that could probably do decent here. Something like Haruhi Suzumiya would be great. Everyone seems to love the dub and it already has good popularity over here. Wishful thinking, I suppose.
Apr 1, 2014 3:13 AM
Aug 2011
I am just happy Toonami came back. I don't really watch it but it definitely can't hurt to have it back. Gives a chance that new fans of anime could spawn. Plus things like Space Dandy getting a dub and simulcasted are only possible because of its popularity. Who knows what we may get next if things remain positive.

And to think we got Toonami back after an April Fools joke two years ago.
Apr 6, 2014 5:49 PM

Mar 2013
good news everyone!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-06/adult-swim-cartoon-network-are-no.1-in-quarterly-rankings-for-key-demographics

Apr 6, 2014 5:55 PM
Jul 2013
Nice to see people like Toonami. I thought they were hated.
Apr 6, 2014 6:05 PM

Aug 2012
Sung-Hwan said:
I thought they were hated.
If there's anything to hate, it's Cartoon Network for booting Toonami out of the prime time slot.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 6, 2014 6:21 PM
Jul 2013
gamer2710 said:
Sung-Hwan said:
If there's anything to hate, it's Cartoon Network for booting Toonami out of the prime time slot.

But it's not Japanese, and I believe they only air dubbed shows, and most MyAnimeList users are not particularly fond of either, especially dubs.
00002019Apr 6, 2014 6:29 PM
Apr 6, 2014 6:39 PM

Jul 2012
gamer2710 said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Seriously. I wish it had its old time slot from back in the early 2000s.
Apr 6, 2014 6:41 PM

Mar 2013
Joshua1207 said:
gamer2710 said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Seriously. I wish it had its old time slot from back in the early 2000s.
if the ratings keep going the way they are right now it might not be that far off

Apr 6, 2014 8:11 PM

Jun 2011
Sung-Hwan said:

Toonami is probably what got most people in the US into anime, so chances are that they'll have fond memories of it.

If only they had Toonami here in Canada...

Apr 6, 2014 8:13 PM
Jul 2013
SolBlade said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Toonami is probably what got most people in the US into anime, so chances are that they'll have fond memories of it.

If only they had Toonami here in Canada...

Those same people are likely the ones boycotting against dubs and fascinating over everything Japanese.
Pages (15) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 »

More topics from this board

» ⌛ How many of your top-10 fiction is anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Mar 27, 2022

132 by RyogiSHIKI7 »»
18 seconds ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9151 by z2k »»
1 minute ago

» Have you ever cried in public while watching anime?

Mayahuel - Today

33 by laymey »»
3 minutes ago

» what is your most prefered age range for protagonists ?

ame - 2 hours ago

22 by Nirinbo »»
16 minutes ago

» Aniplex is teasing something for tomorrow

Old_School_Akira - 7 hours ago

4 by deg »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.