Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 29, 2009 8:21 PM

May 2008
Well, everyone has to start somewhere.

I started on my awesome air guitar for examble :P but than I went against my procrastinating self and went down the music store and checked the guitars there.

Thankfully for me, my cousin was a musician. He taught me how to read the chores and play the guitar.
Apr 30, 2009 6:45 AM

Oct 2007
To be honest, it kinda made me wanna go back to playing guitar ;p
wat
Apr 30, 2009 9:26 AM

May 2008
So you used to play the guitar before?
Apr 30, 2009 10:33 AM

Aug 2007
I practiced and I can play as much as Yui in episode 2 + "Smoke on the Water" FUCK YEAH!
Apr 30, 2009 11:20 AM

Oct 2007
Well yeah I used to, but I stopped cause I got somewhat bored by it...I now reconsider starting all over again though D: <
wat
Apr 30, 2009 9:32 PM

Feb 2008
I have a cheap electric guitar that I attempted to teach myself with, but to be honest I really had no idea where to begin so I kinda gave up, but after watching K-ON I admit I am inspired to learn again. The bass also seems like it would be fun to learn...
May 1, 2009 3:32 PM

May 2008
It's really fun to play the guitar if you know what you're doing. The guitar and bass aren't that different from each other, so it's easy to learn both of you put your mind to it.

If a total clutz like me could do it, I'm sure any of you can. :P
May 6, 2009 1:14 PM

Sep 2008
I had my acustis guitar for 6 or 7 yaers. My grandpa wanted that i have to learn how to play on it, and i went to music school. But two years past i droped it, cose my lyceum, took nearly all my free time (em.... what i saying???? free time????^____^ i'm lazzy...i have a lot of it). But know, i began once more, using acords... Who knows, what it could bring me in future...
May 6, 2009 11:44 PM

Apr 2009
I want to learn the guitar before the show was announced so..

dun know ^^

but i don't have the time right now to get a guitar and play, (Junior year is hard) SAT x.x

plan to buy and play in the summer, What should i get?

May 7, 2009 1:59 AM

Sep 2008
Kibidango what type of guitar?:)
May 7, 2009 5:07 PM

May 2008
I kind of "inherited" a Les Paul from my cousin for my first guitar, and that's what a grew on.
May 7, 2009 6:38 PM

Apr 2009
Just dropped again with a question ^^

Which is better choice to learn a guitar with? Acoustic or Electric?

Salender said:
Kibidango what type of guitar?:)

...yea..what kind ^^

I would love to hear both sides' ups and downs. (advantages and disadvantages)

lol, I'm planning to learn this summer but haven't figured out what kind of guitar, etc. I can see where my summer is going to be like already
May 8, 2009 12:34 PM

Sep 2008
it's good that you can choose. I started from the cacoustic, than play on Electric. But to play good, you really must want it :). Without feeling's and purposefulness it will be nothing.
May 8, 2009 12:43 PM

Jun 2008
Kibidango said:

It really depends on what you want to play.

Both instruments eventually lead to different paths.
Electric guitar generally leads to rock, blues, jazz type of music while acoustic leads into fingerpicking and all that cool stuff.

Some people say its better to start out on acoustic but I have to disagree. If you aspire to play rock, or rock related music, I suggest a nice electric guitar.

Pros and cons:

Electric pros: Generally faster necks, easier to play. You also can modulate your signal with distortion and a whole array of effects. Also, you can be as loud as you want. Plus there's so many shapes and colors to choose from. With electric you can bend much easier, and have the option to use a tremelo.

Electric cons: Lack the acoustic sound, even with acoustic modeling from a pedal. Without an amp its kinda useless.

Acoustic pros: No electronics needed to play at normal volume. Classy acoustic tone. Fingerpicking at its best(as an electric guitarist I still envy fingerpickers)

Acoustic cons: Harder to play (a lot of electric guitarists find it harder to play the acoustic). Maintenance? (Weather and temperature changes can take a toll on an acoustic)

I both an acoustic and several electrics. I barley use the acoustic. Same goes with my bandmates.
Buy the one that you see using in the future the most, based on what you really want to play.

I barley scratched the surface with the pros and cons, so if you have any questions just ask.

May 9, 2009 2:33 PM

Apr 2009
Somehow, I want to learn playing te guitar now...
Cuteness Overload >3< SuJu fighting! ;3

May 10, 2009 1:43 AM

May 2008
It's really all about what you feel more comfortable with.

Me, I didn't have enough finance to get an electric guitar at first, so I was forced to learn on an aoustic one first. After a while, and when I had access to an electric guitar, I started solely using that instead, and I loved it. Of course, I didn't forget the aoustic guitar, beause there's just this soothing sound that only an aoustic guitar may dilver, while the electric is more rock-ish.

I barely play the aoustic nowadays though, and I'm mostly a rocker.
May 11, 2009 6:26 AM

Jan 2009
When I watched K-On!, my hopes of having and learning a guitar was much more..."fired" up? So, fired up it is.
Okay, before I can't ask my mom to buy me a guitar but now I really asked her. (wahaha finally)
So she said she's gonna buy me. (haaah at last ^^)

May 12, 2009 6:52 AM

Sep 2008
lucky people.... -_-
May 13, 2009 6:35 PM

May 2009
Well I was already into guitars before I started watching K-ON.
But yes, K-ON and Beck made me practice harder :D

And now I'm trying to cover every K-ON song. x3 Mio <3

May 13, 2009 8:03 PM

Apr 2009
pandaman0529 said:
Kibidango said:

Electric guitar generally leads to rock, blues, jazz type of music while acoustic leads into fingerpicking and all that cool stuff.

Some people say its better to start out on acoustic but I have to disagree. If you aspire to play rock, or rock related music, I suggest a nice electric guitar.

Pros and cons:

Electric pros: Generally faster necks, easier to play. You also can modulate your signal with distortion and a whole array of effects. Also, you can be as loud as you want. Plus there's so many shapes and colors to choose from. With electric you can bend much easier, and have the option to use a tremelo.

Electric cons: Lack the acoustic sound, even with acoustic modeling from a pedal. Without an amp its kinda useless.

Acoustic pros: No electronics needed to play at normal volume. Classy acoustic tone. Fingerpicking at its best(as an electric guitarist I still envy fingerpickers)

Acoustic cons: Harder to play (a lot of electric guitarists find it harder to play the acoustic). Maintenance? (Weather and temperature changes can take a toll on an acoustic)

I both an acoustic and several electrics. I barley use the acoustic. Same goes with my bandmates.
Buy the one that you see using in the future the most, based on what you really want to play.

I barley scratched the surface with the pros and cons, so if you have any questions just ask.
How much will both options cost (money)? ^^''

Also, what are the specifics for maintenance? (what should you do?)
KibidangoMay 13, 2009 8:08 PM
May 14, 2009 3:38 AM

May 2009
pandaman0529 said:
Kibidango said:

Pros and cons:

Agreed. I started out with an acoustic guitar and had to wait for a year before my dad decided to buy me an electric guitar. I'd really prefer to practice with an electric guitar right from the start. That way, I could've practiced the essentials and basics of soloing right after I learned the chords.

But really, you can get really good in both electric and acoustic if you just practice the techniques regardless of the kind of guitar you are using (electric or acoustic)

Look at Malmsteem, he can also shred an awesome neo-classical piece in an acoustic :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpDblDia5TE

May 19, 2009 1:41 AM

May 2008
Wow, that is awesome :o
May 25, 2009 8:00 PM

Jun 2008
Kibidango said:
How much will both options cost (money)? ^^''

Also, what are the specifics for maintenance? (what should you do?)

Good acoustics and good electrics can cost thousands of dollars.
In general, starting out acoustic and electric would cost the same if you are committed to learning the specific guitar.

I would recommend a good starting acoustic somewhere between 100-200 dollars. Anything under 100 will hinder any learning you hope to achieve, and anything too expensive (500+) is for seasoned players. (Ask a pro acoustic player, I may be wrong in the price range)

Same thing for electric. 100 to maybe 300.
Some beginners start with beginner/intermediate priced guitars. I started with an 100 dollar "Designed by Fender" guitar.

Some people start of by picking the guitar that looks cool. While thats important, read the reviews. Google the guitar. A lot of people will say "good beginner guitar". Most important part is playability. You play guitar to have fun, and if you have a guitar that can't even stay in tune for more than 30 minutes, you're not going to have much fun.

And you always have to remember, in the end "its the musician, not the instrument".
I see a lot of beginners start of with very expensive guitars. Save some money by learning on a lower end, then continuing moving on.

As for maintenance, I'd have to say acoustic is a little more complicated. I knew a guy that was so paranoid that by moving from his warm car to a cold room, his acoustic would warp. He gradually let the guitar warm up or cool down when changing rooms...

But that acoustic stuff and caring about wood warping is only for the serious players I guess. For beginners, I would say you would have to maintain your electric more, depending on the type though.

Depending on your bridge type, you may spend hours trying to make it "float". Floyd rose and floating tremolos are a pain at first to maintain, but there are tons of resources on the internet to help. If you have a fixed bridge, the maintenance is drastically reduced.
Pandaman0529May 25, 2009 8:06 PM

Jun 3, 2009 9:30 PM
Mar 2009
Yamaha guitars are generally very good beginner guitars.
Currently using an Epiphone Les Paul, genuine Les Pauls burn a big hole in my wallet.
Jun 15, 2009 5:19 PM

Mar 2009
haha, after every episode I feel the need to pick up my guitar and play for a couple of hours.. this is probably a good thing for me ^^
Jun 17, 2009 9:40 PM

Jun 2009
I already play piano ^^!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jun 22, 2009 10:09 PM

Jun 2009
I already play electric guitar and keyboard as well, but not gonna lie but after watching K-ON! and Mio it pushed me into buying a bass guitar XD
Jun 25, 2009 4:23 AM

Apr 2009
well for me, yeah k-on inspired me to learn the guiter. I've inherited an acoustic guitar from my uncle. I started around 3 weeks ago with self-help books and the internet :D now i can play Dango Daikazoku not perfectly though since i cant get the strumming quite right yet. I've also been saving up to go for music lessons. Probably when i've learned the basic of the acoustic guitar, i'll probably head towards Electric guitars. For me, playing the guitar is something that I see myself doing for a long long long long time and because i've been wanting to learn it since i was a kid but back then i didnt own a guitar nor did my parents wanted to buy me one. It's kinda of a passion for me now.
Also, i've been wanting to learn Bass too but I'll learn that after i've learned the guitar/electric guitar :D

I envy those who know how to play the guitar but i know it takes a considerate amount of hard work and thats something i will be willing to do. After all, no one is good at the start, it takes time and hard work :D

To all who are just starting out like me, i wish u guys good luck and put in alot of effort and heart into it. If your not serious, it'll all be but a waste. ^^

Jun 26, 2009 3:40 AM

Feb 2009
kinda'...i started learning bas,but I wasn`t much into it after I stoped the keybord,so maybe i`ll star again ^w^
ShinshokuJun 26, 2009 3:47 AM
Jun 26, 2009 3:58 AM

Jan 2009
yah k-on made me want to learn how to play guitar since i thought if yui can do it then i can absolutely do it lol ^^
Jun 27, 2009 9:12 PM
Jun 2009
It hasn't inspired me to learn to play because I already started learning. It just makes me want to play more often I guess. The songs from K-ON are fun to play.
Jun 29, 2009 4:27 PM
Apr 2009
I play guitar but seeing Mio play bass makes me want to learn how to play bass too (:
Jul 11, 2009 10:20 PM

Apr 2009
I've always wanted to play guitar, but I've been too lazy up until I watched this. ^w^ I'm also a lefty at guitar so I'm happy to see Mio is a lefty. :D
Jul 18, 2009 10:24 AM

Jun 2008
i bought a bass and am now learning ._.
Jul 18, 2009 12:11 PM

Jun 2009
It actually made want to play my guitar again, I haven't played it in a long time, I'm just too damn lazy! XP
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Jul 25, 2009 9:35 AM

May 2009
I played guitar for 6 years, but only classical and chord.

It's my hope to buy an electric guitar (Yamaha RGX-A2, or others around $400), but looks like it's not in the perfect timing since I will go to study abroad next year. Probably I will buy one and learn it myself when I abroad. lol
Cards

Jul 26, 2009 10:49 PM

Jun 2009
ive been playin the guitar, bass, drums for years now
but yea k-on inspired me to play MORE japanese rock songs like from mr. children

Jul 30, 2009 8:07 PM

Feb 2009
ive been playing the guitar for about 5 years
but after watching K-on makes me want to switch to bass... maybe even attempt (most likely fail horribly) playing lefty =P
Jul 31, 2009 11:27 PM

Jul 2008
I don't really play any instruments (I'm more of a singer ^.^) But after watching K-on, I've been interested in learning guitar.
Aug 3, 2009 6:00 PM
Jun 2009
it inspired me to buy guitar hero LOL i want to learn guitar but don't really have the money right now to buy a guitar and pay for lessons :(
Aug 10, 2009 8:35 AM

Jun 2008
it inspire me some characters like yui hirasawa to buy a new guitar
[/url]
Aug 12, 2009 4:00 AM

Jul 2009
K-ON! has done something some people and other ideas haven't gotten me to do. It's gotten me to seriously consider taking out my beautiful cherrywood acoustic guitar, which despite me being right-handed is strung left-handed on purpose, and actually playing the damn thing. Also, i <3 Yui's sunburst Gibson Les Paul, and Mio's Sunburst Jazz Bass is awesome too.

<3 K-ON!, Thanks for getting me to potentially start up that metalcore band sooner.

| Nothing is at it seems. |
Aug 17, 2009 5:45 PM
Jan 2009
Well.. I played guitar before K-on but it has inspired me to play it even more XD
Aug 17, 2009 8:06 PM

May 2009
well let's see
i own an 3 acoustic, and 2 bass
played for like 8months only though...
got bored of it, but after K-On...it really
got me playing again. I Love K-ON
Aug 20, 2009 8:01 AM
Aug 2009
Actually it did xD
I just bought an acoustic guitar, just to start. K-on made my interest for learning to play a guitar much bigger than it was.
I suck at it, but hey, I'm a begginer xD
Aug 23, 2009 11:25 PM
Aug 2009
Well I've always played the guitar and the bass. But recently I've stopped since I had to go hard on school work. Yeah, that's my excuse. I just started to play again. Good thing I can still play, thought I would get back to playing instruments as a total scrub.
Sep 19, 2009 10:47 AM

Jul 2009
i've always played the bass but i never really feel like doin it. Now i feel alittle motivated to get my bass and start playin.

Join Hagiwara Natsuki's (ane doki) club here
Join Club dedicated to Anime Musicians here
Join club for Bass fans here
Sep 30, 2009 1:25 PM

Jun 2009
djheat said:
It hasn't inspired me to learn to play because I already started learning. It just makes me want to play more often I guess. The songs from K-ON are fun to play.

Ditto~ I have very little motivation to practice and K-ON! was just like something that dropped out of heaven XD
Oct 13, 2009 9:25 PM

Oct 2009
It's kind of embarrassing, but yes, honestly it did. I always wanted to, but watching the show and the girls having so much fun reminded me of that.. and I always thought of it as "something I could do someday".. I guess the show being about these four teenage girls doing it for fun made it seem more possible. I'm currently saving up for my Geeta~
Oct 18, 2009 2:55 AM

May 2009
yes...after watching k-on i wanted to learn how to play the guitar...harder than i thought..haha

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Mio S2 Cards Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

manny920 - May 21, 2010

702 by EvianBubble »»
Jul 28, 2017 8:43 PM

Sticky: » CLOSED- Club ID Cards!! Please do NOT post.~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

noir_lait - Apr 19, 2009

653 by HijnZ11 »»
Jun 6, 2017 7:06 PM

Poll: » How much are you in love with Mio? ( 1 2 3 )

noir_lait - Apr 4, 2009

130 by CompaNeptune »»
May 23, 2016 7:26 AM

Poll: » Rice Bowl or Moe Moe Kyuun ? ( 1 2 )

Atanazy - May 14, 2009

71 by White_Alice »»
Dec 7, 2014 12:00 AM

» Bass Tabs?

Kamakirii - May 2, 2009

32 by Zeeflyer »»
Aug 6, 2012 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.