Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2014 6:34 AM
Dec 2012
And hey there is a guy WTK on twitter its ( @WTK ) he's like a release robot …i don't know if he is japanese but he monitors MANY MANY SITES for releases…. Australia /madman included …...but he does both SUB n DUB ….he even does streaming release info….. I keep his page open on my computer at all times…i saw the persona 4 complete announcement but its only DVD release right now..i try to wait for blu-ray if at all possible
Mar 12, 2014 8:49 AM

Dec 2009
Aquadon said:
well seibaahomu it seems omitting sentai from your anime diet would severely cut down on your consumption of new shows (whether sub or dub)… but we must each navigate our way …
i definitely only buy Dub mainly for reasons of pure entertainment vs. speed reading while MISSING the action onscreen …so I am happy with most all dubs …. i do think i would like to hear more variety in the voices (it seems the voice pool is smaller than it could be )…i do try to buy ALL THE SHOWS I LIKE (i don't subscribe to any streaming sites) but with half of the shows (i like)per year being subs it cuts into my anime smorgasbord …I've even been buying dubbed older stuff but MAAAAN when highly rated OOP 300 minute series dvds are selling on for the price of new blu-ray top 100 series (like fate zero or SAO) i can't get myself to drop that kind of money ….just to find some of the high priced OOP stuff i dropped 125$ on then comes out 6 months later in a geneon ect. title rescue/re-master for $35…that chaps my arse.. I haunt been to any animecons yet ….for that cuts into my anime video budget to deeply …i just figured that you folks seems quite the aficionados of anime and would have somehow someway devised a way to encourage more english dubs (i guess fan dubs are one of the answers) but they are not pro …. we should keep thinking on this and talk to those in power …i will not give up!!

I'll never understand why so many people are so committed to keeping up with anime as it comes out. You're going to spend a fortune that way.

There are good anime series spanning back to the 80's and prior. The backlog spans thousands upon thousands of titles, so I'm never without something to watch and something new to try--all of it a LOT cheaper than any 2013/14 release.
Mar 12, 2014 12:37 PM
Nov 2013
Will Demonbane ever be dubbed?
Mar 12, 2014 10:10 PM
Dec 2012
I am so with ya XTA … but thats what this thread is ! On my profile i own 100% of the Completed Anime series / movies/OVA's and 90% of the "plan to watch" (the last 10% is plan to buy then watch) …
But it seems the INDUSTRY for one reason or another has hundreds of titles in the top 1000 here on M.A.L. and on A.N.N that have not been dubbed and many OOP titles are horribly over priced …I've tried going into the 1500-3000 ratings and have been kind of dissatisfied with 50% of them so my pockets hurt in that area …but i do agree... i do agree …i try to watch 80s n 90s n 00s n 10s at the same time …
but alas my anime appetite is 1200-1600 minutes a week.. so with all these constraints i must say that i pre-order maybe 4 series per month …believe me i don't like it (money wise) …BUT UNLESS WE THE ANIMESUMERS FIND A WAY TO GET MORE OLD and NEW TITLES DUBBED FASTER…oh well …so i just checked…… 40 of the top 100 ranked titles here on M.A.L. are not dubbed and at least 7 are rare/OOP so $wise as high as or higher than new stuff …... thats like 50%… and strangely like 7 of those were GINTAMA …man thats the one MAJOR title i want to see dubbed
DogTownIsRuffMar 12, 2014 10:13 PM
Mar 13, 2014 8:52 AM

Dec 2009
"Top" anything isn't the best guide to go on in looking for recommendations. There are some pretty godawful shows that the community rates extremely highly.

I also notice that there are practically no long-running series on your list. The highest episode count looks to be Rurouni Kenshin at 94, the second-highest being a couple of 50-episode series. There's a huge backlog of fully-dubbed anime out there that you haven't even scratched the surface of--of course, if you're buying everything you watch, it's going to be a significant investment. But usually long-running series end up being cheaper on an episode-by-episode basis than shorter ones.

Yu Yu Hakusho
Dragon Ball/Z/GT
Naruto (original)
InuYasha
Ranma ½
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Maison Ikkoku

Just a handful of long-running shows that could keep you occupied for hours and hours, all with completed dubs... plus Sgt. Frog, Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto Shippuden if you don't mind the dubs being ongoing.

I would recommend Yu Yu Hakusho, myself, as it's particularly cheap at maybe $20 for each of the four seasons, last I checked, and a great series (unlike some others on that list). The original Fullmetal Alchemist is 51 episodes and also around the same price--two seasons, I got both for $20 apiece.

You're underestimating the amount of dubbed anime out there. There's a LOT, even if it's not all in those top lists.
Mar 13, 2014 10:09 AM
Dec 2012
total agreement XTA ...thanks
i thought yu yu was already on my plan to list …been waiting for yu yu to be repackaged and cheaper (but been biting my fingernails in anticipation)(i check ebay 5 X a week for a seas. 1-4 blu deal)…
and I've already ordered ranma 1/2 set 1 Blu….. been researching /debating between naruto/bleach/naruto shippuden/one piece/inu yasha …...just purchased fairy tail collections 1 + 2 (want to wait for more collections to purchase more)…and SGT FROG ROCKS …very funny... kind of, you don't have to focus to hard ,series.. up to season 3 on that …(kinda tryn to save it for a rainy day ..or more to get dubbed) ..
and I gave Shin-Chan a go and I REALLY LIKE IT ..the animation is chunky but man laughs are soooo plentiful ..reminds me of my early youth..n his mom with the BOOB JAR Piggy Bank ha ha ..
so yes thanks for your recom.s ill pull the trigger on one of those real soon.. so if i already have seen full metal alch. brotherhood won't i be somewhat disappointed with the original?
Mar 13, 2014 2:44 PM

Dec 2009
Depends on what you're watching for. The original is a much more deeply intricate, plot-based story with lots of character development and plot twists. Brotherhood is just about the action, like DBZ or Naruto.
Mar 15, 2014 4:29 PM
Mar 2014
for those who are interested, funimation is starting to announce the cast list for attack on titan

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-12/funimation-announces-3rd-round-of-attack-on-titan-dub-cast

enjoy!
Mar 15, 2014 5:22 PM

Mar 2012
XTApocalypse said:
Depends on what you're watching for. The original is a much more deeply intricate, plot-based story with lots of character development and plot twists. Brotherhood is just about the action, like DBZ or Naruto.
I agree with pretty much all of this. That being said Brotherhood is extremely well written especially compared to something as hamfisted as Bleach in the same genre.

Most tend to like Brotherhood more for some reason but the pacing issues, the bland villain and the contrived ending really brought it down for me. The original also generally did a far better job of exploring mature themes than Brotherhood but that's probably not a very fair comparison.
Mar 20, 2014 1:24 PM

Jun 2013
The rest of Robotics;Notes is out I'm about to watch it as I'm sure it'll be great. So many great releases this year, I totally can't wait for the Toradora dub! And especially Attack on Titan!
XTApocalypseMar 20, 2014 4:38 PM
Mar 20, 2014 4:39 PM

Dec 2009
They're not new series, but I'm waiting for FUNimation's re-releases of Cowboy Bebop and Code Geass since their acquisitions. It'll be so good to finally add them to my collection at a reasonable price.
Mar 20, 2014 8:28 PM
Dec 2012
Im with XTA on those Cowboy Bebop and Code Geass re-releases …especially in blu-ray..
and thanks XTA & Seibaahomu for the original FMA referral … i wouldn't have thought it would've been that different , so that should be an interesting watch
Mar 21, 2014 8:07 AM

Jun 2013
Would people stop editing out links. This site supports freaking fansubs for christ sake. Linking to another website is no different then you guys supporting fansubs. Because both streaming and fansubs are illegal.
Mar 22, 2014 11:03 AM

Dec 2009
Kyouma-Hououin said:
Would people stop editing out links. This site supports freaking fansubs for christ sake. Linking to another website is no different then you guys supporting fansubs. Because both streaming and fansubs are illegal.

Regardless of the site's opinion, discussion of illegal streams is not condoned by this club, as is stated clearly in the rules/guidelines thread.
Mar 22, 2014 8:18 PM

Mar 2012
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/22-1/funimation-announces-space-dandy-a-certain-scientific-railgun-s-and-red-data-girl-plans

For some odd reason Funi are doing Railgun S before Index II. They must have realised how good it is
Mar 22, 2014 9:42 PM

Aug 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
For some odd reason Funi are doing Railgun S before Index II. They must have realised how good it is
They had the license for Railgun S longer than the license for Index II, so Railgun S had a head start. I think the gap was 6 months, iirc.

They grabbed Railgun S for the simulcast. I'm guessing they had to go through hoops or wait a little to get the rest of Index, including the movie.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Mar 22, 2014 9:59 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. They've probably still got some more negotiations to go through before releasing it. Although I'm guessing it'll probably only be a few months after Part 2 of Railgun S is released.

Really hoping they can get their hands on the Blu-ray this time. Along with Henneko it was one of the first shows to be animated in 1080p so it would be kind of a waste to keep it DVD only
Mar 22, 2014 11:29 PM

Nov 2013
So has the dub for Psycho-Pass been released? :) (leave a the answer in my comments section if you can)

Mar 23, 2014 4:37 AM
Dec 2012
FUNimation to release A Certain Scientific Railgun S on DVD in two parts this summer.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/03/22/announcements-at-anime-boston/
Mar 25, 2014 12:58 PM

Mar 2014
We have been waiting for Ikkitousen 3rd and 4th season for an immeasurable amount of years, (Sometimes our dub dedication surprises even us) going to drop everything restart the whole series now since our standard forgetfulness has set in since the last time. Toradora, Ladies v Butlers, and Samurai Bride have been in our sights ranging 1-3 years as well. Glad to see them come here finally. Will probably check out the others we haven't heard of yet when they release as we usually do and see if they interest us.
"Your only option is to marry him...after all, he did see your panties" - Matsukaze
Mar 25, 2014 1:51 PM

Mar 2014
Aquadon said:
FUNimation to release A Certain Scientific Railgun S on DVD in two parts this summer.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/03/22/announcements-at-anime-boston/

Good thing I have the first season, I plan on buying Railgun S once the pre-order is ready on Amazon.com
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2014 8:14 PM

Sep 2011
Is it safe to say that the Toriko dub has been cancelled*? If so, I'll just read the manga at some point instead
Follow me on twitter @jaywhy620 if you like wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH) also I talk about anime occasionally and Follow me on Vine @ Awesome Wrestling
Mar 26, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
Updated list and added: Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Gatchaman Crowds, Majestic Prince, Devil Survivor 2 The Animation, Code:Breaker, Red Data Girl, Date A Live and Karneval.

I forgot to update the list... so I added a lot :P
Apr 4, 2014 11:50 AM
Nov 2013
Blood Lad will be geting an English dub
Apr 4, 2014 4:06 PM

Mar 2014
inurutoshinobi said:
Blood Lad will be geting an English dub

But which talent pool is Viz going to contact to dub it, Ocean Studios in Vancouver, NYAV Post in New York, or any local studio in California?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 6:13 AM

Mar 2012
When was the last time Ocean Group did a dub apart from Roberta's Blood Trail? The last Viz shows I remember that got dubs were K and Lagrange but they were both produced in California
Apr 5, 2014 8:21 AM

Aug 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
When was the last time Ocean Group did a dub apart from Roberta's Blood Trail? The last Viz shows I remember that got dubs were K and Lagrange but they were both produced in California
VIz did Accel World. But I think that was also done in California.

Honestly the chances of getting any dubbing company besides the closest one are pretty slim. Unless a part of the show, or anything else related to the show, was already dubbed elsewhere, the show will be dubbed by a local company.

Hell, even then it would probably be dubbed by a local company (example: Shakugan no Shana season 1 was dubbed by Ocean, but FUNimation dubbed the rest of the series).
gamer2710Apr 5, 2014 8:25 AM
Apr 5, 2014 3:26 PM

Mar 2014
gamer2710 said:
SeibaaHomu said:
VIz did Accel World. But I think that was also done in California.

Honestly the chances of getting any dubbing company besides the closest one are pretty slim. Unless a part of the show, or anything else related to the show, was already dubbed elsewhere, the show will be dubbed by a local company.

Hell, even then it would probably be dubbed by a local company (example: Shakugan no Shana season 1 was dubbed by Ocean, but FUNimation dubbed the rest of the series).

I remember when Viz outsourced shows to Vancouver and New York consistently, I wonder why they stopped doing that? Ocean Studios and the NYAV Post really, really need more dub work.
Apr 7, 2014 6:20 PM

Mar 2012
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2014-04-07/sentai-filmworks-announces-english-dub-for-love-chunibyo-and-other-delusions

Well guess what everyone? Sentai did a 180. Apparently it wasn't obvious enough to them before that the show was popular and that demand for an English dub would be high.
Apr 7, 2014 8:42 PM

Aug 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2014-04-07/sentai-filmworks-announces-english-dub-for-love-chunibyo-and-other-delusions

Well guess what everyone? Sentai did a 180. Apparently it wasn't obvious enough to them before that the show was popular and that demand for an English dub would be high.
How much are you willing to bet that Christopher Ayres will direct this one? I can just imagine the "Premium" label losing its effectiveness overnight if he ever touches it.
Apr 7, 2014 11:49 PM

Mar 2012
The thought of Greg Ayres playing Yuuta makes me shudder. And if Chris directs that will be very, very likely.
Apr 8, 2014 6:33 AM

Mar 2014
SeibaaHomu said:
The thought of Greg Ayres playing Yuuta makes me shudder. And if Chris directs that will be very, very likely.

Just hope that Steven Foster is not involved.
Apr 8, 2014 6:34 AM

Aug 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
The thought of Greg Ayres playing Yuuta makes me shudder.
I can't even imagine his chunibyo-state voice.

Please, Sentai Filmworks executives. Don't ruin a popular series like this. Do the right thing. Pick any other director you have. I don't care if you have to coerce Foster into this, I'd rather listen to his troll ass dialogue than Chris's lazy ass amalgamation of Japanese and English.
Apr 25, 2014 2:26 AM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
SeibaaHomu said:
The thought of Greg Ayres playing Yuuta makes me shudder.
I can't even imagine his chunibyo-state voice.

Please, Sentai Filmworks executives. Don't ruin a popular series like this. Do the right thing. Pick any other director you have. I don't care if you have to coerce Foster into this, I'd rather listen to his troll ass dialogue than Chris's lazy ass amalgamation of Japanese and English.
"Hey guys, big news! We have selected the director for Love Chunibyo & Other Delusions, and it's none other than the lovely Emily Neves!

We'll have more Chunibyo news soon, stay tuned!"
Taken from Sentai's official Facebook page

Her name pops up in a lot of Sentai dubs but this will be the first time she's directed one

This could be interesting. But this is Sentai so at best I can only be cautiously optimistic
Apr 25, 2014 2:42 AM

Jul 2013
SeibaaHomu said:

Oh boy. I'm guessing this will not end well.

Imagine how they're going to translate the way Dekomori talks in English.
Apr 25, 2014 3:44 AM

Mar 2012
ThisNameSucks said:
SeibaaHomu said:

Oh boy. I'm guessing this will not end well.

Imagine how they're going to translate the way Dekomori talks in English.
If it was Steve Foster it would probably be terrible puns. But since he isn't directing it I guess we'll have to wait and see
Apr 25, 2014 7:31 AM

Aug 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
"Hey guys, big news! We have selected the director for Love Chunibyo & Other Delusions, and it's none other than the lovely Emily Neves!

We'll have more Chunibyo news soon, stay tuned!"
Taken from Sentai's official Facebook page

Her name pops up in a lot of Sentai dubs but this will be the first time she's directed one

This could be interesting. But this is Sentai so at best I can only be cautiously optimistic
Well now. I'm putting this on my high priority list, if for no other reason than to evaluate the dub. I hope she can actually write.
May 19, 2014 5:43 AM

Jan 2013
Updated list and added new anime :)
May 21, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
Updated list and added: Tamako Market, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya and Majestic Prince Collection 2.
May 21, 2014 12:57 PM

Mar 2012
I don't have high expectations for the Tamako dub. But I despise the show so that doesn't really matter much to me.

Hoping that they get Bang Zoom to do Prism Illya. After all Stephanie Sheh and Mela Lee have always played Illya and Rin up until now.
May 21, 2014 5:52 PM

Mar 2014
A Certain Scientific Railgun S is about to be released on July 1st, I thought the dub for Railgun was pretty standard. I wasn't too impressed about Alison Viktorin as Kuroko Shirai.
Jun 24, 2014 5:44 AM

Mar 2012
As much as the (Apparently completely necessary) edits suck, this looks like a great cast

Jun 24, 2014 5:17 PM

Dec 2009
Wow. Talk about late in the game. Isn't Doraemon from, like, the 70's or 80's?

Still, it's cool to see old anime revived with dubs. I can only hope any DVD releases are uncut, but I suppose we'll see. Gives me one more reason to hope for Urusei Yatsura.
Jun 24, 2014 6:55 PM
Dec 2012
I think they would probably do Maison Ikkoku before Urusei yatsura XTA … i would have thought that they would have done that even before Ranma 1/2
Jun 24, 2014 7:20 PM

Dec 2009
Maison Ikkoku is dubbed and available on DVD. And why would you think that? Maison is by a wide margin the least popular and least well-known work of the four. I'd be willing to bet it would be the least successful in terms of sales, too.
Jun 30, 2014 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
XTApocalypse said:
Wow. Talk about late in the game. Isn't Doraemon from, like, the 70's or 80's?

Still, it's cool to see old anime revived with dubs. I can only hope any DVD releases are uncut, but I suppose we'll see. Gives me one more reason to hope for Urusei Yatsura.
Doraemon begun airing in 1973 and later another show came out in 1979 than ran until 2005, then another show in 2005 came out and that is the show the dub is based on

So we arent even gonna get the dub of the 70s show but the 05 one, not that it would be possible since according to mal here the 79 series has 1787 eps, yep you read that right.

As of Urusei Yatsura, well i wish there was a ''proper'' dub for the show instead of the weird NA and UK hybrid dubs flying around the net. Maybe Viz could do it like they are doing to Sailor Moon but i dont think UY is that popular.
Jun 30, 2014 6:54 PM

Dec 2009
Well, the Doraemon franchise as a whole is from the 70's, so it's still impressive that it would be making its first U.S. appearance after all this time.

The Urusei Yatsura dub only covers the first two episodes. There are no dubbed versions extending beyond that point in the TV series. The series never got as popular as Ranma or InuYasha over here, but I attribute that entirely to its lack of exposure. I think it's iconic enough and has wide enough appeal that it could easily become a cult favorite if it were rereleased with a dub now, especially now that the anime community has grown and developed enough to understand the Japanese gags without having to localize them.
Jul 5, 2014 8:24 PM
Dec 2012
my mistake XTA ..what i meant to say was maison ikkouk BLU-ray RErelease for its sheer ratings of 243 here at MAL and a whopping 91 on ANN..
to me its better to wait for that than spend around $500 for used dvds
but yes i stalled on trying to buy Urusei Yatsura series once i saw only 2 dubs
i started to think on getting the movies but since watching quite a few anime series now
…movies always seem so rushed
Jul 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Dec 2009
The movies aren't bad. They're not theatrical, but they add some interesting drama to the series, and are functionally extra-long episodes. The dub is the same piss-poor one as those two episodes, though--granted, it does improve, slightly, over the course of the six movies.

Also, why would you ever buy Blu-Ray anything? I'd much rather have a DVD rerelease.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do you like English dubs? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

coolcat - Apr 27, 2010

326 by Hugh_Jomlet »»
Jul 14, 12:58 AM

» What is a dub song from a children’s anime dub that you love the most?

funtime43_tr - Mar 9

0 by funtime43_tr »»
Mar 9, 9:42 AM

» English dub fan, what do you think of these Japanese dubs of American cartoons?

mdo7 - Aug 31, 2020

2 by mdo7 »»
Nov 14, 2023 5:43 PM

» What are your Top 5-10 Favorite English Dubs? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KidRyan - Mar 14, 2009

261 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Oct 13, 2023 1:55 AM

» In Defense of 4kids/New York voice actors.

funtime43_tr - Oct 25, 2022

1 by SwatKat1990 »»
Jan 18, 2023 5:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.