Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 23, 2009 6:35 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yet another great episode! I don't want to wait until next week to watch the finale! Come on TV Tokyo - broadcast it now!!!

So it will be up to Maka and Soul in the end, as it should be.
Mar 23, 2009 7:01 PM

Oct 2007
Intense epi! Need to rewatch this after subbed comes out. Never saw that attack coming from Asura to Kidd & also Kidd's symmetric three-stripes suprised me a bit. Black Star gone all-out as well using all of his textbook techniques. Gotta love the Maka x Soul moment here cos' it's hardly developed in the manga. Anyway, little Demon guy is gone & Maka/Soul is the last one standing to face Asura. Next epi, Bloody Red Demon Hunter!! XP

Mar 24, 2009 7:11 AM

Dec 2008
I giggled for most of the episode. Well, major power boost for kid- all three Sanzu lines connected! OO… Maka and Soul weren't as boring as I expected, which was good, and I find it hard to see how they're going to warp it all up in just one epi… but by the looks of it, Maka, would get a super boost too (though it would make less sense, since it'll mean Maka is stronger than a shinigami… oh well.)
Mar 24, 2009 4:48 PM

Mar 2009
You guys beat me to it. This was one epic episode, holy macaroni. I demand 51! <3

EDIT: I watched it with subs? Asaa-subs? You guys watched it raw? :x
Mar 24, 2009 6:31 PM

Nov 2008
Mavz0r said:
You guys beat me to it. This was one epic episode, holy macaroni. I demand 51! <3

EDIT: I watched it with subs? Asaa-subs? You guys watched it raw? :x

Yes, what's the big deal? <g>

Hey, Japanese isn't that hard a language to learn - 100 million people speak it in Japan... (okay, I'm a smart ass, but it really isn't that hard... no gender endings, simple grammer... okay, the writing is a bit tough, but nothing that some study can't help... <g>)
Mar 24, 2009 7:07 PM

Mar 2008
Freaking loved this episode O_O
Mar 24, 2009 8:37 PM

Aug 2008
Really good episode. But really, the direction was so outstanding, there was hardly any need for dialogue. As much as I like Kid though, I'm not so sure how I feel about the way they pulled out the Soul Resonance. Was this the first time we've seen him do Soul Resonance, or has he always done Death Cannon as SR?
Mar 24, 2009 11:29 PM

Jan 2009
I really enjoyed this episode, I hoped it would be more "drama" in the back of the Soul, but was good in any way. The only thing I did not like the Black Star was hurt Kishin, in contrast the Kid was overpower xD
I died of laughter when the Kishin attacked while Kid "loading" the power, I always wanted to see a villain attacking at this time xD And now the end =x
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2009 12:14 AM
Feb 2008
Good episode ,Kid was cool Black star as inpatient as ever but well anyway I'm glad that Maka could bring Soul back ^^
The next episode looks awesome I can't wait to see it :D
Mar 25, 2009 12:21 AM

Mar 2008
haha! Soul ate demon-chan! xDD

Cant wait for the finale!

Mar 25, 2009 1:08 AM

Mar 2009
dbaranyi said:

Hey, Japanese isn't that hard a language to learn - 100 million people speak it in Japan... (okay, I'm a smart ass, but it really isn't that hard... no gender endings, simple grammer... okay, the writing is a bit tough, but nothing that some study can't help... <g>)

Err, nothing? Maybe the :x was out of place, though. I prefer Japanese over any other language, except for English. My native language is Dutch, and I'd switch to Japanese any time. :l

Anyway, I can't wait for 51 and 52. They're going to air them both, at upcoming monday?
Mar 25, 2009 1:16 AM

Dec 2007
Mavz0r said:
dbaranyi said:

Err, nothing? Maybe the :x was out of place, though. I prefer Japanese over any other language, except for English. My native language is Dutch, and I'd switch to Japanese any time. :l

Anyway, I can't wait for 51 and 52. They're going to air them both, at upcoming monday?

Huh? aren't they supposed to be just 51? Never heard of an episode 52..

Anyways, I just loved this epi. It made up for the previous one, which was not that good. Can't wait for last epi! >.<!

Mar 25, 2009 9:25 AM

Aug 2008
The series had his good ones and badly moments, but without doubts these last episodes are sensational!!!!
Mar 25, 2009 10:00 AM

Apr 2007
And so it's ending! I hope it's epic as it looks.

Mar 25, 2009 10:32 AM

Dec 2008
Its undeniable this episode was rather epic, but I dont see where the amazing power boost in Kid came from and the entire black blood thing is just plain odd. The power balance is just all wrong in the battle and Kishin could have easily killed them all in a matter of seconds. No question about that. I think this episode lacks depth and all thats happening are just some crazy power ups to make it look super cool. From the previews, Maka will be the next one having a new super skill... haha... so predictable!
Mar 25, 2009 11:34 AM

Feb 2009
yeah its 52 episodes
but if they are airing both 51 and 52 at the same time some people may look at it as just an extended episode because its a finale

i rated it a 3/5 I liked black star this episode
but i didn't really care for the maka/soul stuff
and although it was funny i didn't like kid getting hit when he was powering up
~May you continue being the Messiah....
Mar 25, 2009 11:41 AM

Feb 2009
Gooooood as hell episode. Friggin Death the Kid is the best. I wonder why Maka's demon hunter was like, red in the preview <_< Can't wait for 51.
Mar 25, 2009 12:58 PM

Oct 2008
Epic final battle is quite epic.
Mar 25, 2009 1:40 PM

Feb 2009
side note
you guys are always talking about previews
are they shown after the ending song
because I always terminate the stream or video during the ending song
Mar 25, 2009 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
That was great. Wow.

Asura is quite a bishounen. I'm not going to believe this.

Kid was cool. And he was perfectly symmetrical. For a while.
Maka will kill Asura. That's obvious now.

Second season?
Mar 25, 2009 1:54 PM

Nov 2008
occams said:
side note
you guys are always talking about previews
are they shown after the ending song
because I always terminate the stream or video during the ending song

Yes, as in most modern anime, the preview comes right after the ending credits.
Mar 25, 2009 5:15 PM

Jun 2007
Niceeee. Kid and Black star were amazing, ah loved this epi.

Kid's dream came true lol perfect symmetry

Demon slayer sounds so cool >___< Next episode nao!!!
Mar 25, 2009 8:07 PM

Jan 2009
That was an awesome episode. Black Star was pretty bad ass as well, and Kid got his stripes to be symmetrical!

I really like the inner Soul scenes, much cooler than inner Naruto and inner Ichigo.
Mar 25, 2009 8:20 PM

Mar 2008
Damn, I haven't seen any Black Star's hard whooping yet. Kid had his moment, which was just plain awesome. I wish the little demon could come out and fight. Next episode will be interesting, as it is the last episode. Also, I wonder what happened to Shinigami? How can they help him if he has like no flesh?
Mar 25, 2009 8:38 PM

Nov 2007
Kidd was as cool as ever !! Lol
Can't believe it...1 ep to go...sigh
Mar 25, 2009 9:06 PM

Oct 2008
I thought the ep was pretty good. 4/5. I thought the whole strip thing was kind of.. weird. Plus, the whole Kid getting ressurecting thing was kinda stupid IMO, but the big ass gun thing was great. It was pretty predictable that Kid wouldn't ACTUALLY kill Asura though.

The whole Black Star thing was hilarious, I was laughing the entire time because Asura was just taking it and couldn't catch him. xD

The Maka/Soul thing was pretty good, I have to agree its better than inner Naruto/Ichigo. When Soul ate the demon, I just smiled.

Can't wait for next ep, I'm hoping they end it out smoothly. :3
Mar 25, 2009 10:15 PM

Sep 2008
hahaha kid´s head lines hahaha
wow... 2000% of power must be a lot...
since soul is so cool he just ate the chibbi demon jeje
wow so we only have one to go.....im gonna miss this anime
)i have been watching this since ep 7....)

why dont they fall in love??
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 25, 2009 11:43 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Hool said:
I really enjoyed this episode, I hoped it would be more "drama" in the back of the Soul, but was good in any way.
yeah i feel like inner Soul could have been more dramatic or cooler or something.
DrkNoTeS said:
haha! Soul ate demon-chan! xDD
lol
mangos said:
I really like the inner Soul scenes, much cooler than inner Naruto and inner Ichigo.
i think inner Naruto is cooler in some episodes.
Snuffy said:
Can't wait for next ep, I'm hoping they end it out smoothly. :3
yeah they'd better not screw up this amazing series with a shitty ending or one that's badly animated.
Zero_r2 said:
why dont they fall in love??
i NOES right????? arghhhgghhghhghghghh!
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 26, 2009 12:18 AM

Dec 2008
Intense but really expected and predictable. But it still manages to string me along. :\

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Mar 26, 2009 12:45 AM

Apr 2008
Inner Ichigo aka Shirosaki is way more awesome than Litle Onii!
Why did Black Star's attacks suddenly start having effect? I expeced Kid's sanzu lines to be way more you know epic! Like how it was against mosquito in de manga. I'm so hating Bones for not doing anything with Free & Mosquito cuz they both pretty mutch stronger than the anime Kishin....
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Mar 26, 2009 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
Remus_Lupa said:
Why did Black Star's attacks suddenly start having effect?
Wondering that too..

Well anyway that was awesome! I lol'd at Kid xD and it's bye-bye for the Little Demon? Aww.. I'm gonna miss his smallness. One more epi to go.......
Mar 26, 2009 9:51 AM

Jan 2009
Yay! for Kidd \\(*o*)// xD
5/5 great ep, so much action in merely 20 minutes C:
Mar 26, 2009 2:26 PM

Oct 2008
i feel like they need more time ~ episode felt very rushed, but still very good. just wish they had expanded on it more and maybe gone like 52 or 53 episodes.... =/

oh well, nice inner soul scenes... cool death the kid resonance, but i wonder what happened to blackstar during the inner soul scenes...
Mar 26, 2009 4:02 PM

Oct 2008
Remus_Lupa said:
I'm so hating Bones for not doing anything with Free & Mosquito cuz they both pretty mutch stronger than the anime Kishin....

You bring up a good point, They bring Free into the anime, and they kinda just throw him away.. I thought the battle in the flashback with Mosquito was pretty decent though. I agree that they should've done more with them. Along with Arachne, I thought witches were stronger..
Mar 26, 2009 5:29 PM

Feb 2009
i just kinda loved this ep. but exactly what's happening with those strange super power ups? i don't like them, they come form who knows where and are like unexplainable, just to kill the kishin...

Gray soul it wasn't as good as i've expected! but when she comes into the box it's sort of a different anime than what we were seeing.... still i think it's really cool, but it would have been better more drama...

WTF happened to black star during the makaxsoul moment?
Mar 26, 2009 7:32 PM

Mar 2009
I'm hearing 51 is an extended episode. Must mean a longer wait for Subs. I'm used to waiting till wednesday recently but it'll probably go back to Friday if this is the case.

Actually all through the second arc I think this episode was among the best. It just had that penultimate quality to it. As you saw everything build up. Kids Sanzu lines were overhyped though. People kept talking about it in the preview of 49 but honestly it was one shot that only unlocked a stronger form, I felt even Black Star did more effect (Also confused as to why his attacks started working now, loopholes, eh)

hativnatka said:
Second season?

This is the 2nd season.

As for a 3rd, I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but for now it is unlikely
Mar 26, 2009 7:35 PM

Mar 2009
Also, there should have been a kiss. Even a small one at that, instead of a crappy handshake. Kiss goddamnit! I know you SoulXMaka people agree
Mar 26, 2009 8:44 PM

Apr 2008
KazuraX said:
Also, there should have been a kiss. Even a small one at that, instead of a crappy handshake. Kiss goddamnit! I know you SoulXMaka people agree
I'm not even a SoulXMaka person and I agree. Cool ep, looking forward to the conclusion.
Mar 26, 2009 9:17 PM
Nov 2007
wow, asura looks a lot cooler now. lol xP
Mar 26, 2009 10:06 PM

Feb 2009
Positiveputty said:
i feel like they need more time ~ episode felt very rushed, but still very good. just wish they had expanded on it more and maybe gone like 52 or 53 episodes.... =/

oh well, nice inner soul scenes... cool death the kid resonance, but i wonder what happened to blackstar during the inner soul scenes...

that's what I thought that they had a lot to do with only a couple episodes left, but the 51st episode will be extended so that's good

and that was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw him on the ground what happened to black star last time i checked he was whizzing around the place
Mar 27, 2009 3:56 AM

Nov 2008
KazuraX said:

hativnatka said:
Second season?

This is the 2nd season.

As for a 3rd, I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but for now it is unlikely
KazuraX said:

Yaay, I'd love an ending like that.

This one? Isn't it one season, 51 episodes?

Anyway, the manga is still ongoing, so at least we can HOPE that there'll be more Soul Eater.
Oh, Kami-sama, let us see a continuation.

Mar 27, 2009 8:40 AM

Feb 2009
it was good =) goos S/M moments and kid with senzu lines
star is good too...too bad he passed out so quickly

hovewer ....i wish there would be a ideal adaptation of manga
manga so much better
stilll anime one of the best too
manga is just much more cooler)
Mar 27, 2009 5:29 PM

Aug 2007
Amazing off the wall episode pure and simple!

Mar 27, 2009 7:27 PM

Oct 2008
Holy fucking shit that was awesome.
every part of this episode was awesome.
Mar 28, 2009 12:38 AM

Nov 2007
Pretty awesome episode, the way Kid got taken out was lame but then when he went bad-ass that was great not that it seemed to do anything, but yay for the return of Maka and Soul, it's ass kicking time =D
Mar 28, 2009 6:03 AM

Nov 2007
overall great episode. i lol'd real hard when kid first powered up and got stabbed mid power up and then dropped to the ground.

the onlly thing i didn't like was that black star all of a sudden was able to cut the demon god. catching him off guard and knocking him around is believable but to all of a sudden cut something that ou haven't been able to cut at all doesn't make sense.
Mar 28, 2009 7:59 AM

Dec 2007
Excellent episode.
Mar 28, 2009 8:57 AM

Feb 2008
A couple things made me mad about this episode, and that was when I finished it.. it made me realize how long I've been making Soul Eater apart of my weeks and that it's down to one more episode :(

But, AMAZING =D
Mar 28, 2009 1:30 PM

May 2008
So, as usual there are lots of little things that I think could have been done better, but as cool as Kid was when he did that little half-dead death cannon thing, it felt a bit too much like a deus ex machina. Literally. ^^; "Hey, I'm basically dead, but I'm gonna randomly sleepwalk you to death and then go back to being dead."
Mar 28, 2009 5:06 PM

Jun 2008
9/10 ^.^

Seems to me Azura is more powerful when he is in his human form.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cbkh915 - Mar 30, 2009

615 by krelbiet »»
May 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zvuc - Apr 7, 2008

272 by Erickgamer »»
Apr 30, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 2, 2008

145 by WispyUmbra »»
Apr 2, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xLtay - Jul 22, 2008

115 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WinterNightsFall - Jul 16, 2008

101 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 6:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.