Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 19, 2014 9:19 AM

Nov 2012
hyperknees91 said:
I'm done with reading long incompleted manga after KNIM is over. Don't have the patience for this stuff.

That's a good advice.
Jan 19, 2014 9:19 AM
Dec 2013
hyperknees91 said:
I'm done with reading long incompleted manga after KNIM is over. Don't have the patience for this stuff.

even one piece?
Jan 19, 2014 9:23 AM

Oct 2013
Spider-titan55 said:
so when this manga is over, what are you guys gonna do related to this manga besides moving on to another pne? are you gonna make a music video celebrating it's departure before another cash in like the tomoya version from clannad and the anagami ss version or are you guys gonna but in a couple of banners and pretty looking words stating that it's over?

If the ending is good I will buy all Tankōbons and never ever read another unfinished manga of Seo. That's the deal.
Dec 2013
so, since this manga is ending and this manga is just being okay, bad, or just plain WTF, how would you write the manga any better after he broke up with asuka(if you want to make her relationship with haruto even longer)? because some people said that besides the break up with asuka, the manga started to get weaker and weaker with fan service after fan service, filler after filler(my least favoirite being premature ejaculation), forcefulness after forcefulness, and trolling aafter trolling.
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Spider-titan55 said:
so when this manga is over, what are you guys gonna do related to this manga besides moving on to another pne? are you gonna make a music video celebrating it's departure before another cash in like the tomoya version from clannad and the anagami ss version or are you guys gonna but in a couple of banners and pretty looking words stating that it's over?

If the ending is good I will buy all Tankōbons and never ever read another unfinished manga of Seo. That's the deal.

what about half and half? surely you can't skip out on it.
Jan 19, 2014 9:27 AM

Aug 2008
Spider-titan55 said:
hyperknees91 said:

even one piece?

I watch one piece actually. One piece I'm ok with because it's done in arcs. So usually I just wait until an arcs done then I watch the entire arc and then take a break again.
Jan 19, 2014 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

what about half and half? surely you can't skip out on it.

I have to do till it's finished and I can make my own opinion of the whole work itself. I don't want to go through the same bullshit over years like it was with KNIM.
Jan 19, 2014 9:32 AM

Nov 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
so, since this manga is ending and this manga is just being okay, bad, or just plain WTF, how would you write the manga any better after he broke up with asuka(if you want to make her relationship with haruto even longer)? because some people said that besides the break up with asuka, the manga started to get weaker and weaker with fan service after fan service, filler after filler(my least favoirite being premature ejaculation), forcefulness after forcefulness, and trolling aafter trolling.

IMO is not that there was anything to add or change, it should have just ended right after chapter 142 when Haruto and Yuzuki got together. IMO is not that because he dump Asuka and came back to Yuzuki that the plot got weak, but because Seo made this manga into a slice of life of what was suppose to be Haruto getting more mature, and getting his goals for the future together. Unfortunately, I still don't see any grow in Haruto character and there is only 3 chapters left.
Jan 19, 2014 9:38 AM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

IMO is not that there was anything to add or change, it should have just ended right after chapter 142 when Haruto and Yuzuki got together. IMO is not that because he dump Asuka and came back to Yuzuki that the plot got weak, but because Seo made this manga into a slice of life of what was suppose to be Haruto getting more mature, and getting his goals for the future together. Unfortunately, I still don't see any grow in Haruto character and there is only 3 chapters left.

i guess you can kiss that chef dream goodbye. well in the twitter pic there's going to one a new issue featuring adachi(and hopefully asuka). and since there might not be enough room for rin seeing as how short this manga is becoming, i don't think we'll see his chef dream or yuzuki anytime soon. seriously, i would be at least ahppy that asuka would be the end girl despite this manga giving us one last big middle finger.

but seriously, how would you write this manga after 142? heck, if you plan on making haruto's relationship with asuka even longer since seo has skipped so many months after spending 2 years with eachother then go right ahead. i would want to too.
Jan 19, 2014 9:42 AM

Dec 2013
jose21 said:
hyperknees91 said:

That's a good advice.

One thing I really like is the weekly discussions and predictions. I really enjoy that but at the same time hate cliff hangers >.<

After KNIM ends it will be sad as we won't be discussion the series any more :(
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2014 9:47 AM
Feb 2012
Yeah, Sunday will feel incomplete without my weekly Seo rant.

I'm still not sure what to do with my 24 volumes. I said I'd burn them and upload it if the manga reached 300 chapters, but since that won't be happening, I have no idea what to do with them. '-'
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 19, 2014 9:47 AM

Nov 2012
Spider-titan55 said:

i guess you can kiss that chef dream goodbye. well in the twitter pic there's going to one a new issue featuring adachi(and hopefully asuka). and since there might not be enough room for rin seeing as how short this manga is becoming, i don't think we'll see his chef dream or yuzuki anytime soon. seriously, i would be at least ahppy that asuka would be the end girl despite this manga giving us one last big middle finger.

but seriously, how would you write this manga after 142? heck, if you plan on making haruto's relationship with asuka even longer since seo has skipped so many months after spending 2 years with eachother then go right ahead. i would want to too.

Hate to break the news to you, but it always have been about Yuzuki and Haruto, so why would I drag the story even further by writing about a secondary character, who was never gonna win anyway. Haruto never love her, he tried to move on with her, but didn't work out.
Jan 19, 2014 9:49 AM

Dec 2013
Spider-titan55 said:
jose21 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

Come to think of it KNIM doesn't have much heart wrenching moments. Since its a romance genre I expected more touching moments. I remember Haru breaking up with Asuka really got me super sad. When she cries behind the door..

Besides that all the other events my reaction are mostly "Okay.. finally it happens", "Lol? seriously??" or "This is so stupid".

Ya so back to what you were asking, if given the choice I will choose not to include too much SOL, a bit more drama and MC to be smarter.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2014 9:51 AM

Aug 2008
Benphyre said:
Spider-titan55 said:
jose21 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

Come to think of it KNIM doesn't have much heart wrenching moments. Since its a romance genre I expected more touching moments. I remember Haru breaking up with Asuka really got me super sad. When she cries behind the door..

Besides that all the other events my reaction are mostly "Okay.. finally it happens", "Lol? seriously??" or "This is so stupid".

Ya so back to what you were asking, if given the choice I will choose not to include too much SOL, a bit more drama and MC to be smarter.

It's called bad writing lawl. This is why I give up on seo after this haha.
Jan 19, 2014 9:53 AM

Dec 2013
hyperknees91 said:

Seo does have talent on pure ecchi/harem/hentai genre I don't deny.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2014 9:56 AM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

Hate to break the news to you, but it always have been about Yuzuki and Haruto, so why would I drag the story even further by writing about a secondary character, who was never gonna win anyway. Haruto never love her, he tried to move on with her, but didn't work out.

well he was in love with her from what i saw and turned his eye around when she asked him a question in 250. hell, i would like to see him or her make a move on eachother if asuka tries to test him or something.
Jan 19, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2008
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:

Yeah it almost seems like he does just want to write hentai.
Jan 19, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2012
Spider-titan55 said:

well he was in love with her from what i saw and turned his eye around when she asked him a question in 250. hell, i would like to see him or her make a move on eachother if asuka tries to test him or something.

At this point Asuka trying to do that will completely make her a bitch.
Jan 19, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:

Hentai is more about the art than the story, so he should do just fine.
Jan 19, 2014 10:01 AM
Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
Spider-titan55 said:
jose21 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

i would also love the main character to grow. heck, and despite me preferring asuka and haruto to yuzuki and haruto after seeing what yuzuki has become, i still would like it if he broke up with her and focus more on growing the characters instead of waisiting time adding in fillers like that premature ejaculation or what happened at the in shiho's restaurant. i would also love to focus on the side characters making them more and more relatable as the story progresses. heck, i would also like to to a few chapters of asuka and haruto together after the break up or something like that. seriously, i'm trying to get my writing skills to be working again and the only thing that makes me do force writing at times in this manga is asuka and haruto. i'm sorry i just couldn't help it. i'm not proud of it either.
Jan 19, 2014 10:02 AM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

At this point Asuka trying to do that will completely make her a bitch.

yeah, but hey, it's not like seo hasn't made 2 characters unlikable enough and it's not like he did that to a certain blonde tomboy. and i don't mean having sex, i meant...well you get the idea
Jan 19, 2014 10:04 AM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
hyperknees91 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:

Hentai is more about the art than the story, so he should do just fine.

with his art style i would love to see him illustrate some adventure/sci fi/horror/mystery mangas while the other guy is writing. seriously, it happens with other manga writers and artists. seeing seo illustrate a horror manga(maybe reusing the haruto design) will be something :)
Jan 19, 2014 10:05 AM

Aug 2008
Oof I would never go to KNIM for any inspiration on writing. Seriously there's very few things that are any "good" about this manga.

Even with Asuka and Haruto. Their relationship was boring as well. If you want to make an interesting and compelling romance, you need chemistry that the audience can enjoy.
Jan 19, 2014 10:07 AM
Dec 2013
GuiltyKing said:
Yeah, Sunday will feel incomplete without my weekly Seo rant.

I'm still not sure what to do with my 24 volumes. I said I'd burn them and upload it if the manga reached 300 chapters, but since that won't be happening, I have no idea what to do with them. '-'

yeah, i'm gonna miss talking to you guys until i we talk to eachother about a some other manga. heck, if the anagami ss version and the asuka ending(the tomoya what if ending from clannad) will come out, then maybe that's something we can discuss.
Jan 19, 2014 10:08 AM
Dec 2013
hyperknees91 said:
Oof I would never go to KNIM for any inspiration on writing. Seriously there's very few things that are any "good" about this manga.

Even with Asuka and Haruto. Their relationship was boring as well. If you want to make an interesting and compelling romance, you need chemistry that the audience can enjoy.

yeah, heck, try reading life is money. it's a really interesting thriller and it has some of the best chemistry i've seen. that goes for aku no hana.
Jan 19, 2014 10:09 AM

Nov 2012
hyperknees91 said:

Couldn't have said it any better.
Jan 19, 2014 10:10 AM

Oct 2013
Benphyre said:
jose21 said:
hyperknees91 said:

That's a good advice.

One thing I really like is the weekly discussions and predictions. I really enjoy that but at the same time hate cliff hangers >.<

That's indeed sad. What's the next manga that Seo will continue? H&H or Princess Lucia?
Jan 19, 2014 10:12 AM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Benphyre said:
jose21 said:
hyperknees91 said:

That's a good advice.

That's indeed sad. What's the next manga that Seo will continue? H&H or Princess Lucia?

half and half first, then a few chapters of princess lucia, then knowing him more millking of this manga -_-
Jan 19, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2013
hyperknees91 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:

He did a great job on the fantasy chapters though. I hope he don't start another romance genre. Waste of talent! I like his art style but not his ideal on romance.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2014 10:17 AM
Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:

He did a great job on the fantasy chapters though. I hope he don't start another romance genre. Waste of talent! I like his art style but not his ideal on romance.

maybe he'll make a nozoki ana inspired book? heck, maybe he can reuse the haruto design for the main character and maybe the rin, asuka, akari, or suzuka design for the female character since some of the designs from princess lucia have been reused as well as the desgin from nozo x kimi have been reused.
Jan 19, 2014 10:18 AM

Dec 2013
Spider-titan55 said:

i would also love the main character to grow. heck, and despite me preferring asuka and haruto to yuzuki and haruto after seeing what yuzuki has become, i still would like it if he broke up with her and focus more on growing the characters instead of waisiting time adding in fillers like that premature ejaculation or what happened at the in shiho's restaurant. i would also love to focus on the side characters making them more and more relatable as the story progresses. heck, i would also like to to a few chapters of asuka and haruto together after the break up or something like that. seriously, i'm trying to get my writing skills to be working again and the only thing that makes me do force writing at times in this manga is asuka and haruto. i'm sorry i just couldn't help it. i'm not proud of it either.

They say Seo is famous for his romance plot begin very close to reality but I really don't see it in KNIM. Too much harem to be honest and it doesn't really balance well overall, harem, romance plus reality. So that will be another factor I would do differently.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2014 10:22 AM
Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
Spider-titan55 said:

They say Seo is famous for his romance plot begin very close to reality but I really don't see it in KNIM. Too much harem to be honest and it doesn't really balance well overall, harem, romance plus reality. So that will be another factor I would do differently.

you can write it in fanfiction.net. heck, most of the other stuff are better than what seo wrote and gladly most of the don't have yuzuki as the main girl. the only one that does have her is in spanish.
Jan 19, 2014 10:22 AM

Dec 2013
Spider-titan55 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:

maybe he'll make a nozoki ana inspired book? heck, maybe he can reuse the haruto design for the main character and maybe the rin, asuka, akari, or suzuka design for the female character since some of the designs from princess lucia have been reused as well as the desgin from nozo x kimi have been reused.

Suzuka design quite similar to Asuka though. I like Rin's design yeah would be awesome to see a new series with Rin look alike as MC.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2014 10:27 AM

Dec 2013
Spider-titan55 said:
Benphyre said:
Spider-titan55 said:

you can write it in fanfiction.net. heck, most of the other stuff are better than what seo wrote and gladly most of the don't have yuzuki as the main girl. the only one that does have her is in spanish.

I know that site :D and I agree some fan made stuff are really good.

KNIM started out really nicely though. Romantic vibe at the beginning. Yuzuki appearing as a mysterious girl, helping Haruto with Nanami and the bike scene and all then start going downhill at Tokyo arc.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2014 10:28 AM
Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:

Suzuka design quite similar to Asuka though. I like Rin's design yeah would be awesome to see a new series with Rin look alike as MC.

i thought the suzuka design was similar to nanami except that nanami. but yeah, i would also love to see the rin design for the emiru type girl. heck, maybe add in the asuka design for the yuri type girl and yuzuki or that misunderstanding girl for the watari type girl.
Jan 19, 2014 10:33 AM
Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Benphyre said:
Spider-titan55 said:

I know that site :D and I agree some fan made stuff are really good.

KNIM started out really nicely though. Romantic vibe at the beginning. Yuzuki appearing as a mysterious girl, helping Haruto with Nanami and the bike scene and all then start going downhill at Tokyo arc.

well the tokyo arc was good but not as great as everyone expected it to be. yuzuki's reasons for dumping haruto was just plain idiotic and just makes it nunlikable, kazama's actions for haruto and yuzuki just makes him a totally unlikable character, and a few things were a little weak but overall good. heck, asuka and haruto's chemistry felt very real when they give off eachother's personality. it would've been interesting to see a what if ongoing about if asuka and haruto were still togehter and DON'T add fillers. well, you can add in fillers but like the car driving or the camping trip but just don't add in fanservice. seriously, that typical hot sexy driver instructor was completely unneccassry
Jan 19, 2014 10:43 AM

Dec 2013
Spider-titan55 said:
Benphyre said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:

i thought the suzuka design was similar to nanami except that nanami. but yeah, i would also love to see the rin design for the emiru type girl. heck, maybe add in the asuka design for the yuri type girl and yuzuki or that misunderstanding girl for the watari type girl.

+1

Asuka definitely suits the yuri type.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2014 10:45 AM

Dec 2013
Spider-titan55 said:

well the tokyo arc was good but not as great as everyone expected it to be. yuzuki's reasons for dumping haruto was just plain idiotic and just makes it nunlikable, kazama's actions for haruto and yuzuki just makes him a totally unlikable character, and a few things were a little weak but overall good. heck, asuka and haruto's chemistry felt very real when they give off eachother's personality. it would've been interesting to see a what if ongoing about if asuka and haruto were still togehter and DON'T add fillers. well, you can add in fillers but like the car driving or the camping trip but just don't add in fanservice. seriously, that typical hot sexy driver instructor was completely unneccassry

Which is why I felt harem+romance+realistic doesn't blend well together.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2014 10:52 AM
Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Benphyre said:
Spider-titan55 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:
Benphyre said:
hyperknees91 said:

+1

Asuka definitely suits the yuri type.

uh huh. the irony that asuka cheated on haruto with some handsome pointdexter while accusing haruto for dating yuzuki. and if seo uses a nozoki ana inspired story, do you hope that it's mostly psychological or just forget about the dialogue and just make everybody have sex with eachother?
Jan 19, 2014 10:54 AM

Dec 2013
Spider-titan55 said:

uh huh. the irony that asuka cheated on haruto with some handsome pointdexter while accusing haruto for dating yuzuki. and if seo uses a nozoki ana inspired story, do you hope that it's mostly psychological or just forget about the dialogue and just make everybody have sex with eachother?

I think Seo suits the latter more. Mass orgy harem + good sales will be win win for him.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2014 10:58 AM
Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
Spider-titan55 said:

I think Seo suits the latter more. Mass orgy harem + good sales will be win win for him.

yep.
Jan 19, 2014 11:03 AM

Oct 2013
Nah...I think Seo is able to make decent romance stroys. For example his adaptation of Love Plus was short but really good.
Jan 19, 2014 11:05 AM

Aug 2008
So if it exceeds 30 chapters from seo, expect crap.
Jan 19, 2014 11:06 AM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Nah...I think Seo is able to make decent romance stroys. For example his adaptation of Love Plus was short but really good.

and after this is over, he needs to finish another really good short manga like half and half
Jan 19, 2014 11:07 AM

Nov 2012
Behemoth11 said:

That was a good one indeed.
Jan 19, 2014 11:11 AM

Nov 2012
hyperknees91 said:

The worst thing is that you cannot really say they are over.
Cross over - no real closure for the romance nor for his objective with the basketball team.
Suzuka - Still waiting for Yamato to at least beat Arima.
KNIM - with only 3 chapters left, very little time, so the chef thing is pretty much unlikely.
Jan 19, 2014 11:23 AM
Dec 2013
jose21 said:
hyperknees91 said:

Cross over - no real closure for the romance nor for his objective with the basketball team.
KNIM - with only 3 chapters left, very little time, so the chef thing is pretty much unlikely.

maybe seo will pull some kind of twist and make haruto get the chef job and not be with yuzuki or something. that would make him an ass but it's still something that's not predictable.
Jan 19, 2014 11:28 AM

Nov 2012
Spider-titan55 said:
jose21 said:
hyperknees91 said:

maybe seo will pull some kind of twist and make haruto get the chef job and not be with yuzuki or something. that would make him an ass but it's still something that's not predictable.

Then there would be no closure for the romance, but for the chef thing. I think I can live without the chef part, but not without the romance. What would have made him a badass would have been if he would have ended this manga around chapter 100, with Kazama surviving and then making an unpredictable but believable Yaoi ending.
jose21Jan 19, 2014 11:37 AM
Jan 19, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2013
Spider-titan55 said:
jose21 said:
hyperknees91 said:

Haha with only about 60 pages more to go how would you make that possible? Same goes for Asuka. Even the latest chapter show his success at his current job.

Seriously with so little time I am already expecting not getting an answer for many things.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 19, 2014 11:36 AM

Aug 2008
jose21 said:
hyperknees91 said:

Good job Seo. Making your manga nice and long and still unresolved. Apparently all the pointless filler was just that important though.

Cross over...what a royal waste of time that manga was...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is there a better english translation of this manga?

Reshiram_IX - Apr 17

2 by Cristobal2325 »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 132 Discussion

belarion - Apr 21, 2011

22 by Mohan_Raj3 »»
Mar 19, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 140 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechDragon - Jun 21, 2011

113 by uruna117 »»
Jan 20, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 261 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

niaxato - Feb 7, 2014

298 by Miskatonic81 »»
Dec 29, 2023 10:18 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 259 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

outkastfox - Jan 26, 2014

1089 by DarkHumor04 »»
May 28, 2023 4:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.