Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2009 11:58 AM

Aug 2007
Shiomi said:
Hi.

Username: Shiomi
Looking for: something to shut down my boredom
Favourite Genres: Schoollife, romantic comedy, shonen (action like bleach or soul eater [NO NARUTO !!!])
Any other comments/information: *slaps An00biz*

thanks

Great Teacher Onizuka has almost everything you're looking for. Extremely funny, it's all about school, fast paced, a little bit of fighting, and a bit of romance here and there. Definitely far from bleach type shounens in terms of fighting but it is considered a shounen.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi is one where a kid trains to become versed in all martial arts so you might like it. It's got a light, comedic feel to it and there's a bit of romance. The people he fights are usually thugs who go to his high school.

School Rumble is another really funny romantic comedy/school life that doesn't have any action but is so good at the former 2 that it is worth watching. Very popular and a fan favorite.
Feb 4, 2009 12:00 PM

Feb 2009
thank you very much

school rumble was already recommended but I didn't watch it yet

I read a part of GTO and yeah it was really funny, I will try the anime, ty

Feb 4, 2009 12:55 PM

Oct 2008
Username: An00biz
Looking for: A good shounen anime with a female heroine (something like Shana for instance)
Favourite Genres: doesn't really matter since I actually look for a shonen anime
Any other comments/information: a tsunderekko-heroine would be nice ^^
Feb 4, 2009 1:08 PM

Nov 2007
@ Shiomi

GINTAMA!

@ An00biz

Seirei no Moribito - see what a real female heroine is like.
What a day! What a lovely Day!
Feb 4, 2009 1:08 PM

Sep 2007
An00biz said:
Looking for: A good shounen anime with a female heroine (something like Shana for instance)
Favourite Genres: doesn't really matter since I actually look for a shonen anime

That is a very tough to decide since you didn't like Claymore. I'm going to have to go with Air Master. Its about this tall gymnast turned street fighter. I don't know how better to explain it, but you should check it out.

Shiomi said:
Hi.

Username: Shiomi
Looking for: something to shut down my boredom
Favourite Genres: Schoollife, romantic comedy, shonen (action like bleach or soul eater [NO NARUTO !!!])
Any other comments/information: *slaps An00biz*

thanks

I agree with Gintama.
doctorFeb 4, 2009 1:11 PM
SSAA Podcast<-A show about things involving stuff, mainly about anime, dramas and whatever comes to mind.

Follow me on Twitter

Feb 4, 2009 1:52 PM

Sep 2007
Thanks, An00biz and Archaeon (:

They were all in my ''plan to watch'' xDD I have too many animes in there, so i was lost.

Thanks again x)
Feb 8, 2009 4:10 PM

Nov 2008
Sorry, but since it seems mine was skipped I'll post again.
aoikishu said:
Username: aoikishu
Looking for: looking for a anime ( probably won't be able to watch it for a while ) that's about a person and their animal partner(s) that fight with them. Like Mai-hime "Children", and Kilala from Inuyasha, and digimon .. from digimon. Or weapon partners like Raising Heart from Nanoha or Soul from Soul Eater.
Feb 8, 2009 4:47 PM

Nov 2007
@ aoikishu

iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia
Mushi-Uta
Ga-Rei -Zero-
Dragonaut - The Resonance
Shaman King
Feb 10, 2009 2:09 AM

Dec 2008
Username: Kyouri
Looking for: (under 50 ep. if possible) a good action/mecha series similar to gunbuster 1/2 if something like that exists, that or a good comedy like Seto no Hanayome. (if possible, without allot of sad, depressing stuff)
Feb 10, 2009 2:28 AM

Nov 2007
@ Kyouri

Action/mecha:

Bokurano
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still (not so much mecha as giant robot, but bloody good regardless)
Macross (Plus, Frontier, Zero, etc, etc)
Gundam (again, mutiple titles to choose from)
Sakura Taisen
Zone of the Enders

Comedy:

Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu
Yoshinaga-san'chi no Gargoyle
Renkin San-kyuu Magical? Pokaan
Inukami! The Movie
Feb 10, 2009 4:00 AM

Oct 2008
kyouri said:
Looking for: (under 50 ep. if possible) a good action/mecha series similar to gunbuster 1/2 if something like that exists, that or a good comedy like Seto no Hanayome. (if possible, without allot of sad, depressing stuff)

Action:

Castle of Cagliostro
Blood+
Soul Eater

Comedy:

Ouran High School Host Club
Fruits Basket
Nodame Cantabile
Feb 10, 2009 5:16 AM

Sep 2007
kyouri said:

Action
- Macross Frontier
- Jyu Oh Sei
- Vampire Hunter D

Comedy
- Lovely Complex
- Skip Beat
xxRinFeb 10, 2009 5:54 AM
Feb 10, 2009 11:29 AM

Oct 2008
Looking for: something like Shakugan no Shana or Fate/Stay Night (don't know in which genres I should count those anime, something between action, school life, romantic comedy and fantasy/sf)
Favourite Genres: comedy, school life, slice-of-life
not Busou Renkin please ^^
Feb 10, 2009 1:42 PM

Mar 2008
Feb 10, 2009 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
@ An00biz

Lovely complex
Sola
Night Wizard
Rental Magica
Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~
Maburaho
Feb 18, 2009 4:49 PM
Mar 2008
Username: HardToName
Looking for: I'm looking for a shounen that has a "main character" that has something that the other characters don't (I.g. Potential, a power, etc)
Favourite Genres: Various Shounen.

Check out My anime list incase you have something else to suggest, thanks!

The days of badass sigs are over; you are only cool if you whore out your anime list summary.
Feb 18, 2009 5:21 PM

Oct 2008
HardToName said:
Username: HardToName
Looking for: I'm looking for a shounen that has a "main character" that has something that the other characters don't (I.g. Potential, a power, etc)
Favourite Genres: Various Shounen.

Check out My anime list incase you have something else to suggest, thanks!

I think EVERYBODY would have immediately said Naruto, but you've already seen it. The only two I can think of that fit your rec is D.N.Angel and InuYasha.
Feb 18, 2009 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
Username: chocolate4ev
Looking for: An anime that's a little darker than most. Something with more gore and blood in it, maybe..? I need a new horror anime to watch :P So, I guess something similar to Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni.
Favourite Genres: I'm open to everything :)
Feb 18, 2009 5:43 PM

Nov 2008
@Hardtoname
I second Inuyasha
You might like Soul Eater.

@Chocolate; cat soup is the darkest anime I've seen, not the same as higurashi though.
Feb 18, 2009 5:51 PM

May 2008
Haha, Cat Soup is dark, but in the "I know I'll go to hell for laughing at this, but I still do" kind of way. I actually found Wolf's Rain surprisingly dark at times. Berserk is dark too. Ergo Proxy too.

If you're looking for more of the psychological dark type, try Evangelion, maybe even ef-a tale of melodies.
A past can last a lifetime.
How to Read Manga! | AnimeBytes | iMangaScans
Feb 18, 2009 5:53 PM

Aug 2007
chocolate4ev said:
Looking for: An anime that's a little darker than most. Something with more gore and blood in it, maybe..? I need a new horror anime to watch :P So, I guess something similar to Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni.

Watch Gantz 1 and 2. It was recommended to me in this thread earlier when I watched the same anime you did and I loved it. Very dark, very gruesome, very awesome.
Feb 18, 2009 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
chocolate4ev said:

The only one that comes to my mind is Darker than Black
Feb 18, 2009 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, thanks so much everyone! ^^ I'm definitely gonna watch all these animes, they sound amazing :) Again, thank you!~
Feb 18, 2009 6:42 PM
Dec 2008
Username: iManga2008
Looking For: Action in general with minor romance and some comedy
Favorite Genres: most things ive been around the block so its all good
Check my list too find something related (immortal regis, deadman wonderland style)
EDIT: scratch immortal regis and deadman wonderland since they are manga, go with xam'd or project index (cant remember the full japanese name)
iManga2008Feb 18, 2009 6:54 PM
Feb 18, 2009 7:09 PM

Nov 2008
@imanga; hmmm... depends on how little romance you want
Maybe Mai-hime- action, some comedy, medium romance but not through the whole story.
Fullmetal Alchemist- action, comedy, romance =

Feb 18, 2009 8:43 PM

Jan 2008
chocolate4ev said:

Definitely watch Monster. It's like Death Note but a lot more mature and darker.
You should really like it~ but it isn't gory like Higurashi or Elfen Lied.
Feb 18, 2009 11:07 PM

Aug 2007
iManga2008 said:
Username: iManga2008
Looking For: Action in general with minor romance and some comedy
Favorite Genres: most things ive been around the block so its all good
Check my list too find something related (immortal regis, deadman wonderland style)
EDIT: scratch immortal regis and deadman wonderland since they are manga, go with xam'd or project index (cant remember the full japanese name)

Try Tower of Druaga. It's action but has good comedy splashed in and a bit of romance to boot. Has seasons one and two and should be something you like if you liked FMP.
Feb 18, 2009 11:15 PM

Sep 2007
@ iManga2008

Second Druaga. That and finish the other Full Metal Panic series.
SSAA Podcast<-A show about things involving stuff, mainly about anime, dramas and whatever comes to mind.

Follow me on Twitter

Mar 14, 2009 11:34 PM

Jan 2009
Thread Fixed
Mar 20, 2009 3:12 AM

Jan 2009
BANZAI! for fixed thread.

MB007 is looking for some comedy anime. I want something to piss-laugh. Please help.

Mar 20, 2009 3:45 AM

May 2008
MB007 said:

MB007 is looking for some comedy anime. I want something to piss-laugh. Please help.

Detroit Metal City and Gintama are pretty much the funniest comedy you will come across with.
Mar 20, 2009 4:23 AM

Jan 2009
saintcross said:
MB007 said:

Detroit Metal City and Gintama are pretty much the funniest comedy you will come across with.

Well thanks but how the hell you know Gintama will be that way ? It's not eaven aired yet ! Read the manga ?
Mar 20, 2009 4:27 AM

Oct 2008
MB007 said:

Well thanks but how the hell you know Gintama will be that way ? It's not eaven aired yet ! Read the manga ?

It is aired, i found 105 episodes on the first try o_O
Mar 20, 2009 4:30 AM

Jan 2009
Uhm I checked and MAL told me this :

MAL said:
Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Apr 4, 2006 to ?

???

But if you did find, that's cool.
Mar 20, 2009 4:31 AM

May 2008
lol Gintama's been airing since 2006
Mar 20, 2009 4:32 AM

Jan 2009
Something's wrong with me, I took that 6 for a 9 for some reason. My bad, my bad! Next time poke me in the eyes.
Mar 20, 2009 11:21 AM

Aug 2007
agree with gintama but also

School Rumble - really really funny
Seto no Hanayome - really realy funny
Ouran High School Host Club - really funny
Fruits Basket - really funny
Chobits - pretty funny
Skip Beat! - pretty funny
Toradora - pretty funny
Special A - funny
Mar 20, 2009 12:07 PM

Oct 2008
I second Skip Beat, it's great and extremly funny :)
Mar 20, 2009 12:28 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm... this will be a hard one. Anyone recommend an anime with first-person narrative? I'm not talking about first person perspective where the camera mimics the person's eyes but the kind of story telling that allows the viewer to figuratively see the world through the main character's eyes. I want to be immersed in the main character's world. Skip Beat sort of does this with its stream of consciousness which I adore but perhaps there are better implementations. I should probably just go read a book but eh.
Mar 20, 2009 12:45 PM

Nov 2008
@Tigerz; My favorite first person narrative is Kyon from Haruhi; hilarious and well done ^^
*trys to think of others*
Mar 20, 2009 3:52 PM

Feb 2009
Username: Saiz
Looking for: a nics epic that i can get really into
Favourite Genres: pretty much anything except Yaoi (Kaze to Ki no Uta)
Any other comments/information:
The only anime i have every really hated was Kiddy grade and also i have already watched a decent amount of titles. (101.1 days) (Completed 370)
Mar 20, 2009 4:27 PM

Nov 2007
@ saiz

It depends on your definition of "epic"

I've heard many, many great things about Legend of Galactic Heros. You could also try Juuni Kokuki as well.

Saiunkoku Monogatari has all the earmarks of an epic, and the first season is excellent (shame that the second season didn't follow on from it in terms of quality).

Oh, and I almost forgot. You should give Aria a go. Don't be put off by all the hype, or the fact that it's almost purely slice-of-life. Origination is well worth the effort, but in order to fully appreciate it you need to have watched the first two seasons.
Mar 20, 2009 4:36 PM

Aug 2007
Saiz said:
Username: Saiz
Looking for: a nics epic that i can get really into
Favourite Genres: pretty much anything except Yaoi (Kaze to Ki no Uta)
Any other comments/information:
The only anime i have every really hated was Kiddy grade and also i have already watched a decent amount of titles. (101.1 days) (Completed 370)

You've watched way more than I have so I don't have much that's not on your list but Utawarerumono. I think the scale of story qualifies as an epic journey.
Mar 22, 2009 5:21 PM
Jan 2009
Username: Involuntary
Looking for: Something hilarious.
Favourite Genres: Comedy, Romance, Action
Any other comments/information: I'm not too big into supernatural things.
Mar 22, 2009 9:19 PM

Nov 2008
@involuntary; I thought school rumble as soon as I read your post... and I see that you've seen it :P .. it says you haven't seen the rest of the series? ni gakki
Mar 22, 2009 9:31 PM

Sep 2007
Involuntary said:
Username: Involuntary
Looking for: Something hilarious.
Favourite Genres: Comedy, Romance, Action
Any other comments/information: I'm not too big into supernatural things.

You should try out Skip Beat. Very recent show and is very funny. Make sure you check out the Guu OVAs.

Follow me on Twitter

Mar 23, 2009 2:52 PM
Jan 2009
aoikishu: I've seen them all, I only like putting the first one though. xP

doctor: I'll look into it, thanks =]
Mar 23, 2009 3:07 PM

Oct 2008
Ill add some I guess for Involuntary
You might like Full metal Panic? Fumoffu since its one of the funniest animes I've seen but you really need to watch the 1st season to know the characters

Try Hayate no Gotoku! or Hayate the Combat Butler! It makes lots of references to other animes and it could be hit or miss funny at times but I thought it was funny overall

You can also try Kenichi
Mar 25, 2009 6:28 PM

Feb 2008
Username: Icinight

Looking for: Something i can get really into, funny/exciting/compelling

Favourite Genres: Honestly don't have one i love all anime in general ^^; well cept one peice for some reason i cant get into that

Any other comments/information: Rurouni Kenshin, Hajime no ippo, Prince of Tennis, History's strongest disciple, and Code Geass R2 are my fav anime so anything along those lines would probly be great ^^ o ya forgot i probly watched Rurouni kenshin about 50 times now so anything close to that will be a big hit ^^;

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/icinight&sclick=1][/
Mar 25, 2009 6:48 PM

Oct 2008
Here you go icinight, some you might like.. pretty mainstream stuff though

Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist
Great Teacher Onizuka

Adding Hunter X Hunter series, since you might like it
Also you could watch the other 2 seasons of Full Metal Panic!
shoxkMar 25, 2009 6:55 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

0 by mufarari »»
Jan 20, 5:14 AM

Sticky: » [ ★ ] Staff Recruitment

Timrots - Sep 25, 2018

1 by removed-user »»
Aug 26, 2021 2:05 AM

Sticky: » [HTWA] Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 3 4 )

tigerz - Feb 5, 2009

190 by removed-user »»
Aug 26, 2021 2:01 AM

» What Counts as Anime? ( 1 2 )

kittenz73 - Jan 9, 2009

60 by mdo7 »»
Dec 11, 2020 1:49 PM

» Anyone know were i can watch Glass no Kamen (2005)

Max_Hawkins - Aug 25, 2020

0 by Max_Hawkins »»
Aug 25, 2020 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.