Forum Settings
Forums

Would you choose death over a certain situation ?

New
Would you choose death over a certain situation?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 14, 2013 7:32 PM

Oct 2009
Amadyeus said:
Overestimating our petty lives, life is only worth living if you got someone to live for and to call those that perhaps have lost everything in life weak because they chose death? I'd give those who actually have the balls to go through with it credit rather than spit on them for being weaklings.

there is always at least one person you can choose to live for, and that is yourself.

i dont think people who choose death are inferior weakingls. but while i'm not scared of dying, i'm not scared of living either
May 14, 2013 7:45 PM

Feb 2013
The type of person I can give props to is someone who does whatever it takes to TRY and survive even if they still die in the end...even more-so if it's for the sake of others. My fellow servicemen and women, in particular.

I have no respect for someone who decides to 'opt out'.

"Honor isn't in how you die, it's in how you live."

That's a line off an episode of Superman. I don't even really LIKE Superman, but damn if that line doesn't make sense. I'd rather live with honor than die for it. I'd rather live, period.

This thread totally needs an inspirational song from Akira Yamaoka.

NTADMay 14, 2013 7:54 PM
May 14, 2013 7:59 PM

Feb 2013
I would never choose death. I have the rest of eternity to be dead. I'm in no hurry to get there, no matter the circumstances.
May 14, 2013 9:17 PM
May 2013
bunch of ideologues in this thread
i bet they won't say the same thing if they became a living vegetable or have incurable metastatic cancer. I guess that is what happens when you watch too many cartoons lul
May 14, 2013 9:35 PM

Mar 2012
I'd rather die than lose a vehicle. Not get rid of, but lose.

I was on the verge of losing my truck this past week (head gasket exploded, but we suspected more serious complications) and I felt like complete shit at the thought of being without a mode of transportation, as well as a dear friend of mine.

Luckily we finished it today without incident and all's right with the world. But even then, I now live in constant fear that something else might happen.
I really need a job and another car.

Other than that, I choose life. I can't imagine death to be all that fun.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
May 14, 2013 9:35 PM

Jan 2012
Pain builds character.

I honestly can't think of anything I'd rather die as opposed to go through...

I've had some pretty unfortunate shit happen in my life already, but the only thing I can think of that I would rather die than have to go through would be to kill my father(him specifically - no one in the rest of my family). He's just such a nice person, he has the strongest moral character of anyone I've ever met...I wouldn't be able to kill him, so I guess I'd default to death.

Of course, that's purely hypothetical. I'd never have to kill him, so by that reasoning, no I wouldn't choose death over a certain situation.
Lemme smang it girl.
May 14, 2013 9:36 PM

Feb 2013
elevenletters said:
Ntad said:
I had an episode when I was 13...I can't remember it too well but I DO remember my mom telling me that I was freaking out on the couch after having fallen asleep when I got home from school that day and screaming "I DON'T WANT TO DIE" over and over. I ended up being hospitalized for a couple of days...that's all I remember.

Sounds like you got mental problems, man.

Damn, maybe you should be a shrink. Go get that Ph.D, bro.

Considering the general thought process of this thread, you should reflect on how utterly retarded you sound saying that, seeing as how the "Yes" votes still eclipse the "no" votes.

Edit: Considering my life has turned out pretty good thus far, aside from normal dramatic occurrences, if this is the result of "mental problems" I guess I choose insanity over whatever kind of life the average scrub leads.

It's been pretty fun.
NTADMay 14, 2013 9:44 PM
May 14, 2013 9:38 PM

Oct 2012
As a straight man, I would rather be repeatedly and violently raped in the asshole with a 13" cock than choose death.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 14, 2013 9:40 PM
Apr 2013
Ntad said:
Stupid topic...

Give in to Death over anything...you're a puss. It takes strength to have the will to pull through the worst of experiences. It's easy enough to say you'd rather die until you're looking Death in the eye. At least have the guts to fight whatever it is 'til the end. At least then you don't have to go out like a chump.

Whether it be you're surrounded by a thousand foes, fighting off a disease or being fucked in the ass by the Booty Warrior. Stand up and fight.

Death'll have to come and try to take my life, because I ain't giving that punk shit.

You say that like everything can be fought and won, or everything is within their control. What about severe permanent disabilities, life-long painful, incurable diseases, or life-time imprisonment?
If you lose your ability to live happily, and if you know it's not within your power to fix it, and that it will last for as long as you live.. you might as well die.
In fact you might as well already be considered dead. Physically killing yourself then would only be more of an "official ceremony" then anything.
May 14, 2013 9:48 PM

Feb 2013
katsucats said:
Sounds like you have insecurity issues. What is there to prove in life? Nothing.

You realize that made absolutely no sense, right?

Also, how can I have insecurity issues if I have no problem freely posting that I had an episode that elevenletters has ever-so-cleverly dubbed "mental problems"?

Do you guys even think before you type? =/
May 14, 2013 9:51 PM

Nov 2011
1. Torture
Pfft modern torturers are pussies. I mean waterboarding, seriously? However, I would probably rather die than face tortures from the past. death by a thousand cuts, the pale, etc are NOT FUN.
2. Lifetime imprisonment
Depends on the imprisonment but its not that bad, heck you can make your grand escape your new life goal.
3. Becoming an orphan
Yeah...I'm not going to die just because Mommy and Daddy aint around. It will suck sure.
4.Having a deadly cancer and going through therapy
-I'll just go through the damn therapy.
5.Being paralyzed.
Being fully paralyzed will suck. But if Stephan Hawking can move on...
6. Losing a limb
I'll just get better with my other limbs.
7. Losing my sight
Would suck. But I'll learn from Toph
8.Becoming homeless and broke and owning nothing in this world
I will begin my hobo adventures.
The Art of Eight
May 14, 2013 9:51 PM

Feb 2013
RailgunS said:
Ntad said:
Stupid topic...

Give in to Death over anything...you're a puss. It takes strength to have the will to pull through the worst of experiences. It's easy enough to say you'd rather die until you're looking Death in the eye. At least have the guts to fight whatever it is 'til the end. At least then you don't have to go out like a chump.

Whether it be you're surrounded by a thousand foes, fighting off a disease or being fucked in the ass by the Booty Warrior. Stand up and fight.

Death'll have to come and try to take my life, because I ain't giving that punk shit.

You say that like everything can be fought and won, or everything is within their control. What about severe permanent disabilities, life-long painful, incurable diseases, or life-time imprisonment?
If you lose your ability to live happily, and if you know it's not within your power to fix it, and that it will last for as long as you live.. you might as well die.
In fact you might as well already be considered dead. Physically killing yourself then would only be more of an "official ceremony" then anything.

Everything can be fought? Yes. Everything can be won? Don't be stupid.

I didn't say you don't have the choice to give up and die. I'm saying that I will still view you as a punk if you DO choose to give up and die.

This is a thread of opinions, please remember that.
NTADMay 14, 2013 9:54 PM
May 14, 2013 10:05 PM

Oct 2012
Ntad said:
katsucats said:
Sounds like you have insecurity issues. What is there to prove in life? Nothing.

Also, how can I have insecurity issues if I have no problem freely posting that I had an episode that elevenletters has ever-so-cleverly dubbed "mental problems"?

Sounds like a crutch. Just because you admit to having had issues doesn't absolve you from still having issues.

Ntad said:
I didn't say you don't have the choice to give up and die. I'm saying that I will still view you as a punk if you DO choose to give up and die.

Inconsistent, unsound opinions are worthless.

Oh well. You feel you are "entitled" to them, I guess. :/
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 14, 2013 10:09 PM
May 2013
katsucats said:
As a straight man, I would rather be repeatedly and violently raped in the asshole with a 13" cock than choose death.

hot
May 14, 2013 10:09 PM

Feb 2013
katsucats said:
Ntad said:
katsucats said:

Sounds like a crutch. Just because you admit to having had issues doesn't absolve you from still having issues.

Ntad said:

Inconsistent, unsound opinions are worthless.

Oh well. You feel you are "entitled" to them, I guess. :/

Gah...I got it, you were looking for Troll Treats, right? They're in my other coat, sorry. I'll remember to bring them next time.
May 14, 2013 10:11 PM

Mar 2012
katsucats said:

Why do you even write "as a straight man", as if it would somehow be worse for you to be raped then a non-straight man or a woman?
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
May 14, 2013 10:12 PM
May 2013
Ntad said:
RailgunS said:
Ntad said:
Stupid topic...

Everything can be fought? Yes. Everything can be won? Don't be stupid.

May 14, 2013 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
I think the only instance I would choose willingly to die instead of living would be in a situation in which my death would make sure that the Human species lives on. So if I had the choice of either dying so that Human species will live on or choose to live and see almost everyone die and live in a world where there are no people...I think I would choose dying.

Living in a world where there are no people would be way too boring.
Good thing there's almost a zero percent chance it would come to this.
May 14, 2013 10:16 PM
May 2013
Nicole said:
katsucats said:
As a homosexual man, I would rather be repeatedly and violently raped in the asshole with a 13" cock than choose death.

Why do you even write "as a straight man", as if it would somehow be worse for you to be raped then a non-straight man or a woman?

there are u happy now?
May 14, 2013 10:21 PM

Feb 2012
Only in a very extreme case where death is inevitable no matter what I do such as getting impaled by a huge object right in the stomach (or any vital organs). In a case like this I think I would prefer a bullet to the head than slowly painfully bleed to death.

Other than that, no. Then again since I'm dying either way I don't know if my answer qualifies as an answer to this question.
May 14, 2013 10:22 PM

Mar 2013
I would choose to die over being killed.
May 14, 2013 10:31 PM

Apr 2013
Paralysis - I don't think I could be that reliant on another person for most of my needs and never being able to move or feel anything anymore? No thanks.
Lifetime of torture - It's worse than death so kill me instead
Lifetime in prison - Just give me the death penalty I'd rather not waste away in cell
May 14, 2013 10:31 PM

Jan 2010
suicide is a huge sin. And wishing for death is stupid. If I were in the situation you mentioned above, I wouldn't wish death but wish to be strong enough to overcome it and enjoy life to the fullest (until its time for you to actually dead). Except for torture and imprisonment, I would never let myself to get into that kind of situation.
May 14, 2013 10:33 PM

Mar 2012
CC-san said:
I would never let myself to get into that kind of situation.

Because the people that do, somehow have control over that?
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
May 14, 2013 10:36 PM

Feb 2013
The level of pessimism in here is staggering.
May 14, 2013 10:40 PM

Feb 2008
Koybz said:
I wouldn't choose death over something like a disability or becoming homeless an broke because I could probably learn to adapt to it, I guess.

I would probably prefer death to being tortured or being terminally ill though, as long as the death is quick and painless..

exactly.
Plus the fact that I'd rather kill myself than be eaten by titans or zombies. :((
... =_=

May 14, 2013 10:50 PM

Oct 2009
Nicole said:
katsucats said:

it probably is worse

or at the very least, different
May 14, 2013 10:53 PM

Nov 2012
Nicole said:
katsucats said:

The point totally went over your head.
May 14, 2013 10:58 PM

Mar 2012
RandomChampion said:
Nicole said:
katsucats said:

it probably is worse

How exactly is it worse?
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
May 14, 2013 11:09 PM

Oct 2009
Nicole said:
RandomChampion said:
Nicole said:
katsucats said:

it probably is worse

How exactly is it worse?

well straight men find the idea of men putting their dongs in other men's bum holes disgusting and repulsive. gay men do not find the concept disgusting and repuslive, and actually are attracted to the isolated act (of course rape is a different story, and any rape victim will likely experience some kind of trauma).

not all straight women are open to the idea of putting it in the butt, but at least they dont think sexual acts with a man are repulsive (i'm kinda guessing here )

i'm not saying for sure that it's worse, because there are many factors that i, or nobody else knows about regarding rape victim psychology. however, at least the factor of being assaulted by the genitalia of the sex opposite to what you are attracted to isnt there.
May 14, 2013 11:41 PM

Apr 2013
apatch3 said:
In response to Araragi kun - a lot of those problems have remedies nowadays, blindness - you can be fitted with some sort of bionic eyes that let you see the outlines of shapes. Lost your limbs? No problem get prosthetics, you'll be used to them in no time.

Becoming an orphan...well that would suck but I wouldn't commit suicide, homeless/broke - still wouldn't want to die.

The only thing in that list that is probably worse than death is torture and imprisonment (imprisonment depends on the conditions of your imprisonment i.e. solitary confinement in an inhumane box vs a nice spacious prison with a decent library)

Bionic eyes ? what ? it still being developed and the image isn't clear enough I realize it a huge thing for blind people but not for a person who had a healthy eye sight not to forget it costs 30k$..
No I don't wanna live with prosthetic , I don't wanna just survive I wanna able to enjoy my normal life and that wouldn't be possible in a situation like this.
Tachii said:
Someone has to be at the end of masochism if there isn't any situation where death is more preferable.

I feel if I get to an old age where I've lost everybody and is lying in a bed somewhere, I'd choose death than the couple of days/months/years I have left over. I assume this would especially be a comforting option if I don't end up with offsprings, or that my offspring did not end up with offsprings and I outlived my offsprings.

This was actually one of thing that I wanted to list (old age) the age where simply going to the bathroom is a huge deal.. and I don't think my offsprings if I had any would make me wanna continue living or something.
Ntad said:
Stupid topic...

Oh geez , that is so cheesy ugh.. I don't wanna fucking adapt , my idea of living isn't adapting and dealing with hardship and all that crap I would rather be long gone than dealing with shit like that and who cares if other people think I am pussy? It is not gonna change my future miserable reality.
I would never commit sucide but I would imagine severe depression if one of those happened to me that why this question is hypothetical.
Pirating_Ninja said:
Saying that you would prefer death over something is honestly not something one can say seriously unless they have truly faced their own mortality, alot of people never actually face their own mortality and due to this don't know the fear of death (it's actually very difficult for humans to wrap their minds around the concept of death) ... Trust me, their is almost no situation where you wouldn't be clinging on the the hope that you will live ... if you can name such situations where you would rather die (unless extremely gruesome) and aren't just talking out of your ass, then you should probably seek psychological help since you would also be admitting to being at high risk of committing suicide or stuff like that.

Nope I am more than okay about the concept of death and I don't have to face death situation to realize that , in my mind there a lot worse things in life than death.
RailgunS said:

Agree with this but still wouldn't commit sucide if things like that happened to me but in a magical situation I would choose death before going through these kind of stuff.
May 14, 2013 11:42 PM

Apr 2008
Nicole said:
katsucats said:

Even I wrote "As a straight man" earlier on, I said it because I didn't want to sound like I was speaking for women or men of other persuasions. Not because it would be any better or worse for them to be raped.

Again with your feminist straw men, now it's "how dare you identify your own sexuality before you make a statement about this subject you evil patriarch"...is all I'm hearing, honestly Nicole.
May 14, 2013 11:46 PM

Mar 2012
apatch3 said:
Nicole said:
katsucats said:

Even I wrote "As a straight man" earlier on, I said it because I didn't want to sound like I was speaking for women or men of other persuasions. Not because it would be any better or worse for them to be raped.

Again with your feminist straw men, now it's "how dare you identify your own sexuality before you make a statement about this subject you evil patriarch"...is all I'm hearing, honestly Nicole.

Even if that's how you think, that's not the case with everyone, RandomChampion for example said he felt it was worse for a man...

So not sure what your problem is with my comment at all.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
May 14, 2013 11:52 PM

Apr 2008
What he's saying is that he thinks it's worse for a gay man or a straight woman to be raped because they can't de-sexualize the experience in the same way a straight man probably could (assuming the rapist is a man). It's an interesting theory/opinion but I don't know if it makes any sense to classify rapes as "good"/"bad" - "better"/"worse since the experience is subjective.

I don't have a problem with your posts, I think it's great you're a feminist and all that but I think you undermine your cause when you try to create straw men everywhere. By all means continue, I have no right to complain, I'm only trying to explain why it sucks because you've instantly presumed that people who use a certain turn of phrase possess a certain mindset.
May 14, 2013 11:55 PM

Oct 2009
Nicole said:
apatch3 said:
Nicole said:
katsucats said:

Even if that's how you think, that's not the case with everyone, RandomChampion for example said he felt it was worse for a man...

So not sure what your problem is with my comment at all.

i didnt say it was definitely worse because nobody here knows teh psychologies perfectly.

all i was getting at is that it is different, and i'm saying that the factor of getting raped by the sex youre not attracted to is there if a straight man is raped by a man.

i'm sure most straight men would rather be raped by a woman with a strap on dildo than a man with a 13-incher like in katsucats' example....

edit: apatch3 is a wizard

yea that is just something i came up with . like i said nobody knows for sure. also, all i did say was that there is a difference at least, which can warrant people specifying their sexuality
May 14, 2013 11:56 PM

Mar 2012
apatch3 said:
What he's saying is that he thinks it's worse for a gay man or a straight woman to be raped

I'm talking with him on IRC, that's definitely not what he was saying.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
May 14, 2013 11:56 PM

Apr 2008
RandomChampion you evil sexist pig! *Sarcasmface*

EDIT - Okay now I just feel left out, nobody talks to me on IRC 0_0
May 15, 2013 12:00 AM

Mar 2012
I've never seen you on the IRC.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
May 15, 2013 12:02 AM

Apr 2008
I've never been on it lol - I still expect people to love my company so much that they invite me there personally. XD
May 15, 2013 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
http://myanimelist.net/irc/
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
May 15, 2013 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
When someone starts something off with "as a straight man," I just stop reading. It's equivalent to "I'm not racist, but," or "in an age of over-sensitivity." They're just things that no one should ever say.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 15, 2013 12:04 AM

Oct 2009
i am confused

let me try to type coherently:

Here was my original response:

"it probably is worse

or at the very least, different"

The reason i say this is because there is the factor of STRAIGHT men being subect to one other thing that they find repulsive. Straight men find gay buttsex repulsive.

I'm going to say that gay men do not find gay buttsecks repulsive and straight women dont find heterosexuality repulsive.

so the repulsive factors experienced by straight men being raped by men (we are going to designate rape as the general repulsive experience of rape)

Rape + Gay Buttsex

The repulsive factors experienced by gay men and straight women being raped by men:

Rape

2=/= 1 is what i'm saying

now, this is all assuming that the psychological trauma experienced by both males and female victims of rape are the same, which i said we do not know. but still there is that additional factor.

BUT this difference alone makes it enough to warrant adding "as a heterosexual male"
May 15, 2013 12:06 AM

Apr 2008
Good god...another one.

So if let's say a white man were to stand up and say

I don't think I could ever imagine being subject to serious racism "AS A WHITE MAN". Or "As a white upper class privately educated individual" - I don't think I could ever imagine what it's like to grow up in a ghetto.

(^ these people are racist right? Seriously! -_-)

People need to identify their position sometimes before they can just pass comments on something

Araby said:
When someone starts something off with "as a straight man," I just stop reading. It's equivalent to "I'm not racist, but," or "in an age of over-sensitivity." They're just things that no one should ever say.

*facepalm*
May 15, 2013 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
As a straight, white man, I find this thread to be quite humorous
May 15, 2013 12:08 AM

Jan 2010
Nicole said:
CC-san said:
I would never let myself to get into that kind of situation.

Because the people that do, somehow have control over that?

Well, I can't imagine myself being in that kind of situation (tortured and/or prisoned)........................., at least for now.
If somehow I happen to get into that situation, I still think that wishing for death is stupid. I'd rather try to free myself and getting killed in the process than wishing for death without doing anything. At least try to overcome it until you die trying.
CrimsonMidnightMay 15, 2013 12:12 AM
May 15, 2013 12:09 AM

Apr 2008
Sorry Amadyeus but Araby just stopped reading your post because you said those dreaded words.

@Nicole - merci
May 15, 2013 12:10 AM

Feb 2012
This site has an irc? You learn something new everyday.
May 15, 2013 12:10 AM

Apr 2013
This really dumb rape is repulsive in itself no matter what is your gender or sexuality and no matter what's the gender of the rapist.
In my opinion rape is far worse to women and I would choose death over getting raped if I was a female.
May 15, 2013 12:11 AM

Mar 2012
I know I've bugged you about being homophobic in the range of 5-10 times, but you're ever unchanging.

RandomChampion said:
Straight men find gay buttsex repulsive.
Speak for yourself.

I'm going to say that gay men do not find gay buttsecks repulsive and straight women dont find heterosexuality repulsive.
Heterosexuality and homosexuality? Nope. Heterosexuality and "gay buttsecks." RandomChampion Season 2: The Comeback of Homophobia
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 15, 2013 12:11 AM

Oct 2009
mad crackheads up in here!!!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What would you think if you found out someone you were seeing still slept with a stuffed animal?

MeanMrMusician - 8 minutes ago

1 by Commit_Crime »»
35 seconds ago

» Do you have any addictions?

Commit_Crime - 5 hours ago

15 by fleurbleue »»
3 minutes ago

» Why did you choose your forum avatar and profile picture?

Ejrodiew - 9 hours ago

23 by BadGuyBoog »»
6 minutes ago

» Would you work at a maid cafe?

bigtiddysub - Oct 15

35 by Rurihime »»
19 minutes ago

» Given up on online friendships...

Rivermind - Oct 17

28 by Little_Sheepling »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.