Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 27, 2009 10:49 AM

Sep 2007
Ukato said:

I can add : TRUE and more than that:
When you study, Japanese names are easy to memorise for you ( I mean scientists, great people, etc etc) (proved during exams, but dangerous since you can answer an other name that is in the same anime ! Try to explain to the teacher they were kind of related...)

xD haha very true indeed!

World Domination >:3 Bwhahahaaa You KNOW you want to join my club...
Feb 17, 2009 8:27 AM

Aug 2008
You go to school with a naruto jaket on.....ye I did

Mar 10, 2009 7:54 PM

Jul 2008
When you think about reviews while you wash the car.
Mar 15, 2009 4:27 PM

Aug 2008
You know you're an otaku when
-you spend all your food money on a dakimakura
-you read a doujin of your favorite character for the plot. (Guilty)
Mar 23, 2009 1:40 AM
Aug 2008
you know you're an otaku when.
-you know what otaku means
-you've calculated the exact percentage of your life that is spent watching anime. (only 8% sigh)
-you sigh at the fact you've only spent 8% of the last 3 years watching moving drawings with neat voices
-large robots punching eachother gets you all hot and bothered
-ensuring the completion of the origional birdy the mighty series is on the top of your things to do when you get a time machine.
May 12, 2009 1:34 PM

May 2009
You know youre an otaku when you write japanese on your spanish test >_>
May 15, 2009 7:30 PM

Aug 2008
boredrandomness said:
When half of your college notes are taken in Japanese because you aren't following what's in front!

May 21, 2009 6:47 PM

May 2009
You know your an otaku when you're always making anime references every time you talk to someone. lol
Jul 7, 2009 9:19 PM

Apr 2009
when you wish you were surrounded by girls like those guys in the harem animes;
when you want to become strong and have supernatural powers;
when the majority of you music are osts from games and anime;
when you are attracted to 2D girls and dream about them -_-''
Jul 26, 2009 4:47 PM
Jul 2009
you know your an otaku when you watch anime and read manga late into the night until atleast 3 am. when you blow off homework and most social event's (by most i mean everything except cons) . when you are on the internet for hours watching anime after anime. when you buy an extra computer so you have more room for anime and manga. when you cry yourself to sleep at night because you have no life.
Jul 26, 2009 4:48 PM
Jul 2009
Kwellytje said:
you're so obsessed with an anime that you play the openingsong a 100 times over again
i did that with portal still alive except more like 10,000
Jul 26, 2009 5:40 PM
Jul 2009
you know your an otaku when you
-have a naruto headband
-have kakashi gloves
Aug 7, 2009 8:21 PM

May 2009
...You know you're an otaku when you're reading through these pages and wondering how the hell you're going to fit all these quotes in one reply...
Aug 7, 2009 8:32 PM

May 2009
Guilty of...

You automatically think of ero games when you see images like this.

you know you're an otaku when you join a "otaku club" also in a site about anime

You know the song/dance of Hare Hare Yukai from Melancholy of Haruhi or Motteke Sailor Fuku from Lucky Star by memory.

You know you're an Otaku when you bother to actually carefully read lists that are supposed to tell you if you're an Otaku.

you know ur an otaku when ur ipod is full of anime themes :P

...or when u attempt to sing the opening theme songs from your fav animes! ^-^ or at least hum ! >.<

You know you're an otaku when you start adding "desu" when you speak

you know when your an otaku when you spend a ton of money on making or buying materials for you to be able to cosplay at every anime convention that comes to town o.O

You know your an Otaku when you start saying things in Japanese unintentionally

You know you're an otaku when you can only communicate with other people only if it involves anime.

You know you're an otaku when common words become associated with anime titles. For example, you begin to associate diving with Ghost in the Shell and the act of plunging into external memories/networks/cyberbrains rather than water.

You know you're an otaku when you start asking yourself which side is the head and which one is the tail of the food you eat

You know you're an otaku when you watch at least 170 episodes of anime during summer break, and you watch 10 episodes of a 26-episode series in one day, just to see what happens next.

You know you're an otaku when you're not attracted to 3D girls anymore.

-You know you're an Otaku when at least 1/10 of your time every days is spended on anime/mangas/games.

-You classify people you meet everywhere by matching them with an anime character.

-You see real life as if you where not part of it anymore and you keep on thinking about releases...

You bring manga/anime no matter where you go

You know you're an otaku when:
- you tend to shun people that don't know what it is
- you are more likely to remember names if they're of anime characters then of real people
- you HATE dubs with all your heart and otaku pride and shun em as if your life depends on it
- you are constantly focussed on anime related things (for example what happened a couple of days ago was that i found a necklace in a shop with the words lucky star on it.. and i just had to get it even if it wasn't even related to the show in any other way than those words...money gone, random "accidental cosplay item" GETO!!)

You can memorize every beginning and ending theme for every anime you have watched and then you form your band that plays covers from anime series and video games lol.

[<<<thought I was the only one @_@]

You know your an otaku when you're always making anime references every time you talk to someone. lol

You know you're an otaku when you're a perv and dream of Yaoi

you're so obsessed with an anime that you play the openingsong a 100 times over again
Aug 30, 2009 12:57 PM

Jun 2009
When you stay inside for weeks on end, don't talk to anyone, are no longer attracted to 3D girls, and stay up really late watching anime and reading manga...

Guilty... ;_;
Sep 13, 2009 9:00 AM

Jul 2009
You know you’re an otaku when you start saying phrases like “How can that be?” or “It can’t be helped”

……when you visit MAL more than you do with Facebook or MSN.

……when you’re actually worried that you may catch a cold if you stay out in the rain.

……when you daydream anime scenarios in your head.

Oct 8, 2009 1:30 AM

Jun 2009
When I'm not watching anime...I'm always thinking what I should watch today,,,
Oct 14, 2009 4:38 AM

Feb 2009
you memorize the katakana and hiragana table so you don't have to keep on looking in your japanese-english dictionary for sfx in manga.

(guilty)
Oct 23, 2009 10:49 PM

Apr 2009
... when you eventually learn japanese from just watching vast amounts of anime and trying to karaoke the op and ed's (Guilty)
Nov 7, 2009 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
well about outta everything posted up to page 3 I think about 7 don't apply to me.....
o_O
Nov 23, 2009 9:52 PM

Oct 2009
lol 10 of those things on the first post apply to me
you know your an otaku and everyone around you knows your an otaku when they dont even bat an eye when you cosplay, read mangas 24/7 anymore, because youve done it for so long
Jan 23, 2010 11:21 AM

Oct 2008
When you start calling your father "Otousan".
Feb 7, 2010 8:51 PM

Oct 2009
...when you say "Tadaimasu!" when entering the house, "Itikimasu!" when leaving, "Okairi nasai!" when someone enters your room, and "Bakayaro!" when your sister steals your snack cakes. <-----I did all of these today and on a regular basis, lol.
Feb 26, 2010 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
You know your an otaku when......wait im not really an otaku........nevermind.
Jul 16, 2010 2:34 PM

Apr 2009
You know you're an otkau when you start disconnecting yourself from the real world...

Just the other day I thought whilst watching my sister watch TV "I don't know how she puts up with all that human TV rubbish!"

That was worrying, realising I don't even consider myself human anymore... -_-

*facepalm*
Jul 19, 2010 10:54 AM

Mar 2010
When you begin your day by watching anime,watch some anime and read some manga later and end your day by watching anime before sleep.
Also,your player is full of anime op and end.
And you feel like your favourite characters are real.
Well,atleast this is why I am feeling otaku.
Ame_no_Michi.png
stamp1y.jpg
Jul 25, 2010 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
You know you're an otaku when...
-You say Japanese phrases unintentionally like 'hai' or 'hayaku'.
-You have anime dreams. <---Been having them for a while now :|5
-You have stuffed toys of anime characters
-You can understand at least 5 sentences in Japanese while watching raw anime.
Oct 5, 2010 3:36 PM

Aug 2010
JNOtaku said:
You know you're an otaku when you watch at least 170 episodes of anime during summer break, and you watch 10 episodes of a 26-episode series in one day, just to see what happens next.

I actually watch the whole series XD

You know you're an Otaku when you....

record funny scenes on your phone so you can watch it later
Oct 12, 2010 4:35 PM

May 2010
1.you know your an otaku when you talk about the "reals"*1 in japanese so they dont understand

2. go to the local library (or school library) and spend hours reading manga

3. your dream is to go to japan and live there

4. the hottest girl you know is an anime character

5. your mp3/mp4 player has only anime songs inside (and i mean only)

6. watched more anime episodes than days youve been alive

btw im guilty of all 6 of these lol

*1= real people that dont watch or like anime..as stated by keima from The world god only knows
Nov 14, 2010 7:34 AM

Apr 2009
Takeru said:
You know you're an otaku when you can only communicate with other people only if it involves animes.

So guilty...
Nov 14, 2010 8:08 AM

Apr 2009
Well,out of the 7 last pages,only cosplay related stuff don't apply to me...YET(I never had the chance to cosplay yet)
Nov 14, 2010 9:29 AM

Apr 2009
You know you're an otaku...

-When your friend comment about how your eyes shine when you talk about anime and games

-When you're really proud of being an otaku

-When you start treating conquering a girl like a dating strategy game

-When you think of school as a distraction to your otakuness

-When you spend 30 minutes looking at your figure collection

-when You stay in your room for one week just so you can play games and watch anime..instead of going at school.

-When you went to the U.S just so you can participate in the Pokemon championships...Bonus points if it was during your school year >:D

-When you bought a rare game..despite not having the console to play it ._.

-When you start calling non-otaku people... ''commoners''

-When you call lesbians and gay people yuri and yaoi people respectively.

-When you cried over the death(or bad fate) of a character you liked.

-When you get really hot and pumped when you see mecha fighting each other.

-When you already chose gaming/watching anime over hanging with friends

-When you wish for a dating sim involving your 2D crush just so you can get him/her <3

-When you are only emotionnally alive and hot-blooded with anime and games,and get apathetic in the Real(except in cons)

-When you think of cons as the jewel of human society and the only place you're willing to socialize in.

-Furthermore,when you think cons are a good step for humans to achieve world peace..Not that you really care about it,really

-When gaming and watching anime are the only cure to your constant depression.

...Needless to say I'm guilty of ALL of this.
PenDracoNov 14, 2010 9:40 AM
Feb 5, 2011 10:52 AM
Nov 2010
You`re an otaku when you loose weight because you practiced Hare Hare Yukai and Motteke Sailor Fuku for many hours.
Jul 1, 2012 10:17 AM

Jun 2012
You know you're an otaku when you hear more Japanese than your native language in any given day (obviously doesn't apply to our Japanese friends out there)
Jan 13, 2013 10:52 AM

Oct 2012
You know you're an otaku when... you see 550 episodes in less than a month. (btw One Piece episodes)
chapapa91Jan 13, 2013 2:48 PM
Feb 14, 2013 8:39 PM

Aug 2009
When MAL is one of the main sites you go to.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » How many episodes of anime do you typically watch per week? ( 1 2 )

JNOtaku - May 25, 2008

50 by NorbiZ »»
Oct 15, 2017 12:02 AM

» Total Days of Anime Watched - August 16, 2007

Scarcrux - Aug 17, 2007

27 by kristoff »»
Jul 14, 2015 11:58 PM

» Manga collector

chapapa91 - Jan 31, 2013

0 by chapapa91 »»
Jan 31, 2013 5:03 AM

» Club picture

ArucardPL - Aug 14, 2008

7 by Rei_Yuriko »»
Jan 6, 2010 11:29 AM

» Would you be interested in MAL having multiple languages?

EtherealMerc - Jun 28, 2009

0 by EtherealMerc »»
Jun 28, 2009 4:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.