Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2012 12:59 AM

Mar 2012
I started watching this show because a lot of people was making a big fuss about it under a certain fansub website. After watching it up to this episode, I can comment that I hated it more after every week's show.

- It is illogical. Doesn't make sense. No real world connection.
- It is based on a mere fantasy to rob moneys from online gamers.
- It contradicts with a lot of software engineering concept.
- Animation is idle and poor in a lot of scenes. It is only good in fighting scenes which are only about 10% of the entire show.

I don't understand how people like a show like this over one or two romantic scenes. Yeah, the scenes that lead two kids to marriage... This show is also too poor in plot. I lacks a main purpose. And they are overdosing the emotionalism which is leading the show to be unnatural and slow paced. It is not half as good as Accel World which was quite enjoying, made more sense, had worse graphics but better animation, and had a very balanced plot.

This episode truly bored me to my bones.
I may drop this show any moment...

1/5
Sep 23, 2012 1:00 AM

May 2008
Sad to see Yui go, despite not being around that long. Hope she'll return again someday.

I really like this Anime no matter what anyone says. I've never read the LN but that's not stopping me from enjoy it.
Sep 23, 2012 1:05 AM
May 2010
Ah~ the Yui arc is over, -sigh- ahh this was so heart wrenching to watch even though I had already read it~
They did a could job of showing how close Kirito, Asuna, and Yui got in such a short time, you could feel that they werer a family so overall I'm pleased with this arc~!
The reaper was most likely meant to be faced when you got to a higher level, it looked like a mid-boss so if on the appropriate level they could have won but do to having to go in like that they would have died if not for Yui.
This episode goes along the theme of SAO, even if its not in the "real world" things are very much real and no different than the "real" world.
Now I'm not sure what the next ep is but I'm wondering if they're go for the ending now? Due to that title, but I might just be forgetting some details.
Well I hope next week's ep is just as good!!!~~~
Cant wait tile next week!!!~~~
Sep 23, 2012 1:06 AM
Jul 2012
AhmedHan said:
I started watching this show because a lot of people was making a big fuss about it under a certain fansub website. After watching it up to this episode, I can comment that I hated it more after every week's show.

- Animation is idle and poor in a lot of scenes. It is only good in fighting scenes which are only about 10% of the entire show.

I don't understand how people like a show like this over one or two romantic scenes. Yeah, the scenes that lead two kids to marriage... This show is also too poor in plot. I lacks a main purpose. And they are overdosing the emotionalism which is leading the show to be unnatural and slow paced. It is not half as good as Accel World which was quite enjoying, made more sense, had worse graphics but better animation, and had a very balanced plot.

1/5

funny coz both titles, SAO and AW were made by the same person Kawara Reki
http://myanimelist.net/people/11466/Reki_Kawahara
Sep 23, 2012 1:11 AM

Oct 2009
Gambatte mama ; ;

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Sep 23, 2012 1:19 AM
Aug 2008
Am I wrong or they could restore Yui with her heart just like Kirito did with wing of little dragon of Keiko ? She is exactly just like dragon because she is part of game.
Sep 23, 2012 1:23 AM

Sep 2011
AhmedHan said:

1/5

Lol. SAO is following the LN, everything that has been in the LN is pretty much in the series so far. Also Accel world is made by the same creator of SAO, and sure the hell isn't better than SAO.

Wojtini21 said:
Am I wrong or they could restore Yui with her heart just like Kirito did with wing of little dragon of Keiko ? She is exactly just like dragon because she is part of game.

No, because she was deleted from the game permanently. All that's left is the Item Asuna has, and the data Kirito stored on his NerveGear. Also the resurrection only works on Familiars, and even that has a time limit of 48 Hours? I believe before it can be resurrected.
Sep 23, 2012 1:25 AM

Aug 2009
Wojtini21 said:

She isnt a pet monster.
Sep 23, 2012 1:28 AM

Oct 2009
Wojtini21 said:

It's probably not possible i think, it's a particular case, because the system erase yui's data, kirito and asuna can't use normal reraise road. Anyway i'm still curious how they restore yui in real life <.<;

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Sep 23, 2012 1:32 AM

Sep 2011
cyb said:
Wojtini21 said:

It's probably not possible i think, it's a particular case, because the system erase yui's data, kirito and asuna can't use normal reraise road. Anyway i'm still curious how they restore yui in real life <.<;

I stated this before, let me just paste it here.

Honestly, that was stupidly said in the anime. He did say Yui's data was saved into NerveGear, near the end of ep.

Sep 23, 2012 1:35 AM

Mar 2012
Good episode.
Yui turning out to be a derelict psychologist AI is pretty interesting.
However, their attempt to tear jerk with this family theme and lost "love one" story is really failing. Compare to the level of TV drama, this is at around 3/10.
I hope they stay focus on the meat of this anime, which is action and Shounen goodness, and not trying to overdo its genre by going all family and drama theme.
Don't be Jack of all trades, master of none.

~~Yui should have spawn tons of max level legendary item before she got deleted. :P Just saying.
leeo268Sep 23, 2012 1:39 AM
Sep 23, 2012 1:36 AM

Sep 2011
leeo268 said:
Good episode.
However, their attempt to tear jerk with this family theme and lost "love one" story is really failing. Compare to the level of drama, this is at around 3/10.
I hope they stay focus the meat of this anime which is action and Shounen goodness, and not trying to overdo its genre by going all family and drama theme.

~~Yui should have spawn tons of max level legendary item before she got deleted. :P Just saying.

Next two episodes you should see quite a bit of action. Also I believe ALO arc has quite a fair bit of action compared to Aincrad where lots of it was side stories, etc.
Sep 23, 2012 1:36 AM

Nov 2008
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

So its unreasonable for characters to blend into a new form of reality? You make it seem like it happened right away; they have been stuck for two freaken years; i think its normal for their way of thinking to change.=

TO treat programs like that? yes it is.

I'm sure a lot of people are okay with them acting like that, but i'm not okay with it.
They have no good reason to care about a bunch of data. How many years they have been stick in SAO doesen't matter, that data is still data, they aren't humans, they don't real emotions.

I dont think this is the LN or Anime series for you as you are missing or simply cant understand key concepts - and youd be surprised at how quick humans adapt to a changed 'reality' Btw the way you say its a 'bunch of data' that was intelligence not 'human' but intelligence so.. what are you but the sum of your memories haha

thus I agree with InfiniteDestiny and Tsundereppoi

-----

I actually did find this side story arc to be decently adapted too - enjoyed it

leeo268 said:
Good episode.
However, their attempt to tear jerk with this family theme and lost "love one" story is really failing. Compare to the level of drama, this is at around 3/10.
I hope they stay focus the meat of this anime which is action and Shounen goodness, and not trying to overdo its genre by going all family and drama theme.

Actually thats not the series 'meat' -_- go view naruto/bleach etc for that.. but whatever
Sep 23, 2012 1:38 AM

Jan 2011
Yui's sword was freaking EPIC!!

Though I didn't really care much about Yui, it was still sad to see her disappear... Still can't believe that Kirito managed to turn Yui's heart into an item so quickly.

Still rather shocked to find out that Kibaou is still alive and not only that, he is some high-ranking dude in the Army. Not really surprised to find out that he's monopolizing some of the spawn points and generally, being an ass.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 23, 2012 1:38 AM
Apr 2011
Tyrel said:
cyb said:
Wojtini21 said:

Honestly, that was stupidly said in the anime. He did say Yui's data was saved into NerveGear, near the end of ep.

She was never 'created' in the real world, but
Sep 23, 2012 1:40 AM

Jan 2011
I'm confused, terribly confused.

I don't know what the hell kids are supposed to be doing in a game like that either, and even how they got they NevGears. Unless their onii/onee-chan was stupid enough to let the helmet hanging around.

Kirito is supposed to be a beater, but the hacking part was way too forced, and they took out a good amount of time that could have be spent in quality fight scenes with melodrama, I'm somewhat disappointed.

Aside from that, I liked the frog part and Kirito had a more solid personality this episode, not all bad overall at least.
Sep 23, 2012 1:42 AM

Sep 2011
Vhaeraun said:
Tyrel said:
cyb said:
Wojtini21 said:

Ah is that so? Never read that far :P. Good thing I don't mind spoilers ahaha.
Sep 23, 2012 1:44 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, I really want to see Yui again in the near future.
If the preview is reliable shit will (start to) happen in the next episode, I'm looking forward to it.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

Nov 2008
Vhaeraun said:

Aside from the novel number that seems correct to me ~ sadly we only likely get through 4

Mar 2012
^ said:

Actually thats not the series 'meat' -_- go view naruto/bleach etc for that.. but whatever

I pray for the sake of this anime that Shounen action is the main theme. If family happy stuff, tragic lost of love one, and drama is the main theme, this is one terrible anime. I rather watch my usual TV drama on HBO or crounchyroll.
Sep 23, 2012 1:45 AM

Nov 2008
leeo268 said:

I pray for the sake of this anime that Shounen action is the main theme. If family happy stuff, tragic lost of love one, and drama is the main theme, this is one terrible anime. I rather watch my usual TV drama on HBO or crounchyroll.

No ones forcing you to watch - if you dont like that the series relies on an actual plot and story that includes everything from love to drama to family and action ofc move on or move back to the pure plotless shounen fighters

EDIT: It helps when you know the parent story from the novels imo anyway
sirwenceSep 23, 2012 1:50 AM
Sep 23, 2012 1:48 AM

Mar 2012
sirwence said:

Im certainly not stopping you~

Sry about the mess up quote from the previous comment. Not use to this site.

Anyway, I already watch those. Just saying if SAO is trying to do drama, they are failing hard compare to TV drama. That is why, I hope they stay focus on what their MMORPG alternate reality theme is best for, ACTION.
/End
Sep 23, 2012 1:49 AM

Nov 2008
@leeo268 the quotes are messing up its not yours or my doing ah well
Sep 23, 2012 1:49 AM

Sep 2011
leeo268 said:
sirwence said:

Anyway, I already watch those. Just saying if SAO is trying to do drama, they are failing hard compare to TV drama. That is why, I hope they stay focus on what their MMORPG alternate reality theme is best for, ACTION.
/End

Well the thing is, all this 'Drama' is based on the LN, they're all pretty much side stories. I can see what you're getting at though, barely any MMO stuff happening at all. I can tell you that Next 2 episodes, and ALO should be quite a bit different from what you're seeing right now. Also GGO, which is after SAO, ALO is one of the best arcs.
Sep 23, 2012 1:52 AM

Nov 2008
Tyrel said:
leeo268 said:
sirwence said:

/End

Well the thing is, all this 'Drama' is based on the LN, they're all pretty much side stories. I can see what you're getting at though, barely any MMO stuff happening at all. I can tell you that Next 2 episodes, and ALO should be quite a bit different from what you're seeing right now. Also GGO, which is after SAO, ALO is one of the best arcs.

Honestly I wasnt really pleased with LN-9's ending etc - Honestly the series could have very easily been a perfect 4 shot novel series with an expanded epilogue for volume 4
Sep 23, 2012 1:52 AM

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:
I'm confused, terribly confused.

I don't know what the hell kids are supposed to be doing in a game like that either, and even how they got they NevGears. Unless their onii/onee-chan was stupid enough to let the helmet hanging around.

Kids play video games with age restrictions?Who would ever thought?
Sep 23, 2012 1:53 AM

Sep 2011
sirwence said:
Tyrel said:
leeo268 said:
sirwence said:

/End

Honestly I wasnt really pleased with LN-9's ending etc - Honestly the series could have very easily been a perfect 4 shot novel series with an expanded epilogue for volume 4

Mhm. I agree, plus all the LNs are scattered around in Detail, which is why they're remaking #1 with it being more easier to understand.
Sep 23, 2012 1:54 AM
Jun 2010
For me, the series is more about character interaction and development, and how they dealt with their situation. However, because of pieces being cut, added, or rearrange in the adaptation to fit the limited amount of episode, it sort of water down the series overall.

You also have to remember, the author also had to cut parts out for the first volume as well to fit the allow number of pages too.
LazyLuongSep 23, 2012 1:58 AM
Sep 23, 2012 1:54 AM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:

Kids play video games with age restrictions? Who would ever thought?

What are you trying to imply? I don't know how that applies in SAO.
Sep 23, 2012 1:56 AM
May 2010
Yui should have saved her energy for the final boss.

By the way, what is a lv 90 boss doing in beginner's area?
Sep 23, 2012 1:57 AM

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:
ssjokg said:

Kids play video games with age restrictions? Who would ever thought?

What are you trying to imply? I don't know how that applies in SAO.

You know pretty well that kids CANT buy the games.As long as an adult buys the games(or NervGear for SAO) any kid can play as much as it want..
Sep 23, 2012 1:58 AM

Sep 2011
jimmy2027 said:

I don't think its a Lv 90 boss, but as it was put down there to guard that little room we saw of the GM Access System. Not too sure as, its not really detailed in the show. And for the fact that I didn't read much of Yui arc.
Sep 23, 2012 1:58 AM

Apr 2011
Nice episode!
Yui was badass with her sword.

So next episode sh*t is about to get real...Can't wait :D

Sep 23, 2012 1:59 AM

Sep 2011
aria93 said:
Nice episode!
Yui was badass with her sword.

So next episode sh*t is about to get real...Can't wait :D

That's correct.
Sep 23, 2012 2:02 AM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:

You know pretty well that kids CANT buy the games.As long as an adult buys the games(or NervGear for SAO) any kid can play as much as it want..

I know, that was what I said "unless their onii/onee-chan was stupid to let the helmet hanging around". There's the possibility their parents bought the game to let their kids play, but far from what I've heard, SAO is supposed to be a really popular one, so the stock would have probably be sold out to people that was in the beta and others otakus/first liners, I just can't seem to imagine how kids would be able to get a hold on that.

I might me looking too much into it, but it was going to be fairly easier if they just didn't tried to put that type of scene.
Sep 23, 2012 2:02 AM
May 2010
Tyrel said:
jimmy2027 said:

I don't think its a Lv 90 boss, but as it was put down there to guard that little room we saw of the GM Access System. Not too sure as, its not really detailed in the show. And for the fact that I didn't read much of Yui arc.

Umm... i see. So how did Yuriel's husband got into the GM access room in the first place?
Sep 23, 2012 2:04 AM

Sep 2011
jimmy2027 said:
Tyrel said:
jimmy2027 said:

Umm... i see. So how did Yuriel's husband got into the GM access room in the first place?

Judging based on just the anime. Ran right into the room without getting hit? ahahaha.
Sep 23, 2012 2:05 AM

Mar 2011
Pretty good ep and that sword with flames was epic.
Sep 23, 2012 2:07 AM
May 2010
Tyrel said:
jimmy2027 said:
Tyrel said:
jimmy2027 said:

Judging based on just the anime. Ran right into the room without getting hit? ahahaha.

Ah!! I see. That really makes no sense at all. Haha.
Sep 23, 2012 2:10 AM

Sep 2011
jimmy2027 said:
Tyrel said:
jimmy2027 said:
Tyrel said:
jimmy2027 said:

Yeah, I don't really understand either. I'm probably missing some info. Never read much of Yui's arc.
Sep 23, 2012 2:12 AM

Nov 2011
Lame episode, lowering my score from 8 to 7
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Sep 23, 2012 2:20 AM
May 2010
Tyrel said:
jimmy2027 said:
Tyrel said:
jimmy2027 said:
Tyrel said:
jimmy2027 said:

Yeah, I don't really understand either. I'm probably missing some info. Never read much of Yui's arc.

Yea.. and why is there even a "GM access room"? Why does people have to get killed when they approach the GM room? is it part of the game as well? What allows commoners to approach the room? Is it a huge error of the game? It only causes trouble when badass people like Kirito got his dirty hand on it XD. If I understand correctly, there is only one GM in the entire game ccorrect? The evil mastermind behind the scene. Right now he should be sitting in his own "private headquarter" comfortably, taking a sip of his coffee, and watching the SAO world to end. Don't know why there is actually a GM access room in the game lol. Perhaps it is all part of his plan? OH! It is actually Yui's private little room. O.o...Oopps..
jimmy2027Sep 23, 2012 2:34 AM
Sep 23, 2012 2:28 AM

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:
ssjokg said:

I know, that was what I said "unless their onii/onee-chan was stupid to let the helmet hanging around". There's the possibility their parents bought the game to let their kids play, but far from what I've heard, SAO is supposed to be a really popular one, so the stock would have probably be sold out to people that was in the beta and others otakus/first liners, I just can't seem to imagine how kids would be able to get a hold on that.

I might me looking too much into it, but it was going to be fairly easier if they just didn't tried to put that type of scene.

Rich kids that can have everything.Asuna's big brother isnt an otaku,wasnt in the beta test and SAO would be his first game after a long time.If you have the right connections everything is possible.
Sep 23, 2012 2:33 AM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:

Rich kids that can have everything.Asuna's big brother isnt an otaku,wasnt in the beta test and SAO would be his first game after a long time.If you have the right connections everything is possible.

Where in the anime did they mentioned about Asuna's brother? I don't remember that.
Sep 23, 2012 2:39 AM

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:
ssjokg said:

Where in the anime did they mentioned about Asuna's brother? I don't remember that.

Not yet and I doubt they will ever mention it.It isnt "necessary" for the story.I just used it as an example it's not even worth to be called a spoiler.
Sep 23, 2012 2:40 AM

Sep 2012
Can I ask one question here? It might sound like nit picking but I wanted to know why Kirito was all of a sudden some sort of leet hacker? You can go so far as saying that he likes the game and is a beta tester, but now he's a software developer/programmer? 10/10

...and I still can't feel empathetic over that farewell over Yui. Maybe if she died brutally I might, but this episode was just extra drama that wasn't really needed....or was it? Not an LN reader so maybe they can explain.
..this space under construction...
Sep 23, 2012 2:42 AM

Sep 2011
tokumei-ko said:
Can I ask one question here? It might sound like nit picking but I wanted to know why Kirito was all of a sudden some sort of leet hacker? You can go so far as saying that he likes the game and is a beta tester, but now he's a software developer/programmer? 10/10

...and I still can't feel empathetic over that farewell over Yui. Maybe if she died brutally I might, but this episode was just extra drama that wasn't really needed....or was it? Not an LN reader so maybe they can explain.

To answer one of your questions. The drama was needed, and not a brutal death, as
Sep 23, 2012 2:47 AM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:

Not yet and I doubt they will ever mention it.It isnt "necessary" for the story.I just used it as an example it's not even worth to be called a spoiler.

I see, maybe I should catch up with the novel, but I don't know if it's needed.
Sep 23, 2012 2:47 AM

Aug 2009
tokumei-ko said:

Kirito's hacker skill:
ssjokgSep 23, 2012 2:56 AM
Sep 23, 2012 2:50 AM

Feb 2012
They went into a dungeon to save someone who was probably in danger and they were screwing around, no wonder they caught Yui's attention.
Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2012

544 by Kraum »»
May 26, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

491 by spillkongen »»
May 26, 11:48 AM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.