Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2012 7:43 AM

Jan 2009
x15 said:
That was EWWWWWWWW , i thought she only broke her leg but ???? What a awfel death?

I think any one see Misuke will die.It somewho reminds me Final Destination " No one cheat Death"

For someone who has watching higurashi you sure sound like a little bitch now.
Jan 26, 2012 8:55 AM

Nov 2009
SwiftOwl said:

Didn't she say something like she can see things that should remain unseen with her doll eye, that's why she covers it? This is just my imagination going wild but i'm guessing that she sees something related to when people die or how they die. It'd be awesome if this happens cause it'll be the first time i've guessed something correct in an anime lol

Yeah, I forgot she said that. Anyway, my theory about what she meant as "things that should be left unseen" was that she could see dead people; it's lame, but well... I don't believe she doesn't exist. There are too many hints here and there to prove otherwise. Besides, if Mei is dead, why would they say she doesn't exist yet still the teacher gives her a test paper??
Those are contradictory actions.
Also, just because she has a name similar to the one who died 26 years ago might not mean she's the ghost of the past. Her cousin was also named Misaki. We don't even know if Misaki was a surname or first name of the dead student 26 years ago. And we can't even be sure that the dead "Misaki" 26 years ago was really a female, despite the storytelling using "she" or "her." I mean, if those who spread the story about the third class in the past can't even be sure if "Misaki" died of plane crash or house fire or etc...If there are a lot of theories to that Misaki's death...what if Misaki being a female is just one of the theories too? Rumors or school legends could be distorted after all.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Jan 26, 2012 9:15 AM

Sep 2010
@witchhuntress
Misaki is her surname, Mei is her first name. Just remember the first episode when she said that her name was "Misaki Mei", in Japanese order of course.
Jan 26, 2012 9:45 AM

Nov 2009
Ovindel said:
@witchhuntress
Misaki is her surname, Mei is her first name. Just remember the first episode when she said that her name was "Misaki Mei", in Japanese order of course.

I didn't mean Mei. I meant the Misaki 26 years ago who died. We just know the dead student 26 years ago as "Misaki." Was it the dead student's surname or first name? It wasn't explained. Although Misaki Mei told Sakakibara-kun that the dead student 26 years ago was named "Misaki," she didn't really make it clear if it was the surname or first name of that dead student, right? ^^

It's like she left it like that for him or us to ponder. It's like she wanted to see how Sakakibara-kun would react if he knew that the dead student has a similar (not the same because we can't be sure if the dead student's surname is the same as Mei's) name to hers.

Also, why would she hide her eyepatch when she shouldn't be disturbed of whatever "things normally people can't see"? If she's a ghost, what, is she afraid to see other dead people or how people would die? LOL
witchhuntressJan 26, 2012 10:00 AM

Jan 26, 2012 10:37 AM
Jul 2011
witchhuntress said:

Also, just because she has a name similar to the one who died 26 years ago might not mean she's the ghost of the past. Her cousin was also named Misaki. We don't even know if Misaki was a surname or first name of the dead student 26 years ago. And we can't even be sure that the dead "Misaki" 26 years ago was really a female, despite the storytelling using "she" or "her." I mean, if those who spread the story about the third class in the past can't even be sure if "Misaki" died of plane crash or house fire or etc...If there are a lot of theories to that Misaki's death...what if Misaki being a female is just one of the theories too? Rumors or school legends could be distorted after all.

Good point. And from the novel's prologue (it's first few minutes of episode one):

Prologue of Novel -- it's not a spoiler said:

Misaki or Masaki... Anyway just make it Misaki. Misaki was a star in the class ever since year one. Excellent academic achievement, perfect in sports, great at drawing, even talented in music. On top of that Misaki was a beauty. If Misaki had been a boy then he must have been handsome. Anyhow Misaki was a perfect person without one single defect...

Original Novel (but not anime, nor manga) states that the person who died 26 years ago can be boy or girl and even his/her name wasn't clearly known.

And about our Mei. Could she just trying to spook him off? Well something along lines: if you won't keep away from me willingly, I'll make you do it out of fear?

P.S. Sorry for that ^ english. It's not native for me.
traittraitJan 26, 2012 10:47 AM
Jan 26, 2012 11:37 AM

Apr 2011
OMG I can't believe that just happen. Poor Sakuragi taking umbrellas to the throat...
This has the be the goriest anime moment of the year so far.
Jan 26, 2012 11:56 AM

Jun 2008
I'm starting to think that Mei is actually alive. Why would a dead girl need a doll eye anyway? And the others clearly see her by their reactions so what the hell.
Maybe it not that she's dead but people must pretend like she is. Maybe she's considered cursed and if they don't ignore her existence they will all die or something like that.

We have another Misaki dieing and another 26 year ago. That's kind of confusing shit.
Btw am amazed with his patience. If i was him and everybody just avoided telling something like that story i would insist on hearing the story until their damn nerves break.
Jan 26, 2012 12:33 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, huge revealing and the beginning of the death...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 26, 2012 12:37 PM

Dec 2009
I'm still curious why the class 3 is cursed. I mean, Misaki from 26 years ago died, yet people pretended like he/she was alive. And it was stated that he/she was even smiling on the picture from the class graduation. So for me he/she felt like it was a good thing, no need to have cursed the class.
Jan 26, 2012 12:42 PM

Aug 2011
I think they can all see her.

Kazami wouldn't make such face if he didn't know where Sakakibara was heading and who was it that he was going to meet up with

@Liinah
Who knows? there could be a different meaning behind those false smile of hers. That was also one thing i considered while making up my theory about 26 years ago
piperzJan 26, 2012 12:46 PM
Jan 26, 2012 2:55 PM
Nov 2010
Ouch... I always shudder when I see someone get there throat impaled / sliced by sharp objects, its my phobia.
Jan 26, 2012 4:00 PM

Oct 2010
x15 said:
That was EWWWWWWWW , i thought she only broke her leg but ???? What a awfel death?

I think any one see Misuke will die.It somewho reminds me Final Destination " No one cheat Death"

The umbrella sharp edge pierce her right eye and she die of blood loss
Signature Removed
Jan 26, 2012 4:06 PM

Mar 2011
What an awful way to die. :X
Jan 26, 2012 4:17 PM

Nov 2010
Monad said:

We have another Misaki dieing and another 26 year ago. That's kind of confusing shit.
Btw am amazed with his patience. If i was him and everybody just avoided telling something like that story i would insist on hearing the story until their damn nerves break.

I read this paragraph and wondered, maybe that it the reason why the series is called another? Ever since i heard the title i've been wondering why it has been titled 'another' I might be thinking too far into this but i'm hoping that it could be explained. It's always fun when the title is part of the story
Jan 26, 2012 4:23 PM

Nov 2010
groundfish said:
x15 said:

The umbrella sharp edge pierce her right eye and she die of blood loss

Rewatch the sequence. You got it wrong.
I play, the haters lose.
Jan 26, 2012 6:04 PM

Aug 2010
Shit be crazy, man!
Jan 26, 2012 8:07 PM

Dec 2007
What a way to end an episode...awful way to die. :S
Jan 26, 2012 9:19 PM

Dec 2009
Why did they kill the best girl? :(
The sands of hell are magic sands.
Jan 26, 2012 9:45 PM

Apr 2010
That was an amazing episode. The suspense of who Misaki is or what she is has kept me on the edge of my seat. AND THAT ENDING!!! DAMN!!!!!
Jan 26, 2012 10:41 PM

Jun 2009
Starting to read the manga now. Cant get enough of this anime.
and ... tbh. i feel like sakakibara is the one that isn't existing.
if u get what i mean..
Like there might be some twist to it. Since like... Yeah i don't think masaki? is the one thats dead, or maybe her body now is a doll. or something like that
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jan 26, 2012 10:51 PM

Aug 2011
Fall off the stairs -> crush your head/whatever-> die = cliche
Fall off the stairs -> the tip of your umbrella thrusts into your throat -> die = WOW

i like the way the author thinks
Jan 27, 2012 12:49 AM

Jan 2010
That was a ridiculously stupid way to die. The chances of that happening are slim, but yeah it could I guess xD But man, the only thing going through my head while it was happening was "OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT" over and over T_T I was so fucking shitting myself cause I knew the umbrella was gonna kill her somehow and I did NOT want to see that!!

-Commence irrational fear of umbrellas via an unrealistic anime!-
Jan 27, 2012 1:19 AM

Mar 2010
Kurimu-chan said:
BRB, going to the toilet to throw up.

GUYS, I WAS EATING JELLO AS I WATCHED THIS EPISODE. BAD DECISION.
LOL

This episode is so good xD

Jan 27, 2012 1:38 AM

Aug 2010
ouch
Jan 27, 2012 5:07 AM

Jan 2010
the ending was...surprising, die by an umbrella? it was first time when i saw something like that, poor girl.
ReaperEXE said:

And call me crazy, but I have actually started to like the OP. xD

lol, me too.
Jan 27, 2012 5:10 AM

Nov 2009
i thought the umbrella was just going to impale her eye and she would be blind. then she'd look kind of like misaki. '

i also really thought misaki was the girl who died. trolled.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2012 8:10 AM

Nov 2009
that scene at the ending .. O_o
Jan 27, 2012 9:03 AM

May 2010
Onii said:
Suigintou

lol my first thought, too.

... and this is why I never like bringing an umbrella.
Jan 27, 2012 9:05 AM

Apr 2011
Well that was unexpected.
Jan 27, 2012 9:17 AM

May 2010
Mother of Go- What a sharp-pointed umbrella she got there!

Seriously, I liked this episode.
Jan 27, 2012 11:50 AM

Sep 2010
piperz said:
I think they can all see her.

Kazami wouldn't make such face if he didn't know where Sakakibara was heading and who was it that he was going to meet up with

I am starting to think so too, why would that guy have looked up on the roof otherwise and called Kouichi?

Considering the Misaki('s): maybe even every year someone named "Misaki" died, since it happened in 1998 and 26 years before and maybe even in the meantime, who knows?

(Seriously, what is up with the quoting system?)
Jan 27, 2012 1:36 PM
Apr 2011
That ending..... it was totally unexpected,and definitely scary, looks like this series packs more than i thought

Episode thoughts:
hm..."things that should not be seen" ,could it be that Misaki sees dead people or spirits haunting objects ?

Misaki Fujioka? wasn't she Misaki Mei? could it be that this Fujioka knew of the Class 3 incident? there are so many questions, all will be answered in time though

"Don't mess with things that don't exist", does that mean Mei is dead as well?

What did the glasses girl see? what frightened her so much? could it be possible that she actually saw Mei?

looks like Sakakibara Kouichi's real nightmare starts here
Jan 27, 2012 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
I watch this always at night and gotta say, this is so spooky in the dark.

Plot seems to be going on more bloodier way, need to watch this to the end. I could say maybe scariest anime that I have seen to the date. Music have some to do with it, perhaps?
Jan 27, 2012 3:12 PM

Mar 2011
that ending.. when she ran out and was stunned when she looket at sakaki.. that was when i said to myself that she's gonna die :D and hop!
she wanted to go to high school, but then she took an umbrella in the throat. poor megane girl(

Jan 27, 2012 4:36 PM

May 2011
Holy shit that was intense and very disturbing. That look of fear in her face as she ran for it sent chills down my back, just knew it was gunna be bad. She doesn't exist huh... Hmm I've got a theory, I think the people in class 3 can see Mei. But there's a bad omen or curse? that if you end up seeing her you'll die or people around you will die. Thats why they are warning Kouichi that she's dangerous, etc. Anyway damn this anime is getting realllllly dark.
Jan 27, 2012 4:41 PM

Sep 2008
Now I regret watching this on midnight.....
Jan 27, 2012 4:51 PM

Jan 2012
This episode was sick , specially made ​​for people like me i wait for next episode....
Jan 27, 2012 7:35 PM

Oct 2010
WOW THAT'S ONE POINTY TIP. The way she was gasping and how her fingers twitched were just disturbingly awesome.

Is this going to be like Final Destination? Everyone dies in the order they are in the ED? Ahh, but Sakakibara isn't dead yet...
[insert awesome signature here]
Jan 27, 2012 7:45 PM
Nov 2010
I didn't find the umbrella scene to be scary, honestly.
Jan 27, 2012 9:54 PM

Feb 2008
fucking Final Destination...

RIP Sakuragi Yukari.... you were such a beautiful girl... :(
Jan 27, 2012 10:34 PM

Dec 2010
agent535 said:

RIP Sakuragi Yukari.... you were such a beautiful girl... :(

Not as beautiful as Mei though. Eyepatch >>>> Meganekko.
Jan 27, 2012 10:45 PM
Dec 2007
DMK said:
That ending..... it was totally unexpected,and definitely scary, looks like this series packs more than i thought

Episode thoughts:
hm..."things that should not be seen" ,could it be that Misaki sees dead people or spirits haunting objects ?

Misaki Fujioka? wasn't she Misaki Mei? could it be that this Fujioka knew of the Class 3 incident? there are so many questions, all will be answered in time though

"Don't mess with things that don't exist", does that mean Mei is dead as well?

What did the glasses girl see? what frightened her so much? could it be possible that she actually saw Mei?

looks like Sakakibara Kouichi's real nightmare starts here
Misaki Mei would be the one-eyed girl who we are led to believe is a ghost. Misaki Fujioka would be the girl that died the same day Sakakibara Kouichi meets Misaki Mei and the one Mei claims was her close cousin (she called her "her other half" in episode 1).

Jan 28, 2012 3:27 AM

Jan 2011
Appel_stroop said:
I'll never be able to walk of a staircase while holding an umbrella again.

I was just thinking about myself, I have a long umbrella and I take it everywhere I go (lots of rain). Now I'm scarred for life.
夜露死苦
http://mochichandiscoversjapan.wordpress.com/
Visit my Japan adventures' blog. =3
Jan 28, 2012 3:39 AM

Sep 2010
VampyrHeart said:
Appel_stroop said:
I'll never be able to walk of a staircase while holding an umbrella again.

I was just thinking about myself, I have a long umbrella and I take it everywhere I go (lots of rain). Now I'm scarred for life.
Is the end also as pointy as Yukari's? I also had such an umbrella years ago, that one was quite pointy. Now I only have small not-pointy ones.
Jan 28, 2012 3:41 AM
Apr 2011
Fujioka died the same day Kouichi meets Mei?
that triggers another question: did Fujioka have a connection to Kouichi? or maybe she saw Mei as well?
Jan 28, 2012 3:42 AM

Sep 2011
What if Misaki killed that umbrella girl? It seems possible.
Boredom got me here. Boredom will get me out of here. Damn, I really am bored.
Jan 28, 2012 5:56 AM

Oct 2008
OrochiPL said:
There's also Misaki, why would she lie about Misaki being her cousin? Maybe she really was her cousin and Misaki Mei is alive and people are aftaid of her after 26-years ago story so they ignore her?
Man, i really got into this, next ep plox.

She could be alive and she could be dead. They will probably keep us second guessing ourselves until the end. I don't think she would necessarily have to be alive for the Misaki Fugioka to be her cousin though. I have cousins that are well over twenty years older than me, and those are just the ones that are still alive. I suppose "playing" with a ghost ended up being too dangerous for her. I'm guessing the strong "connection" could be more like a possession.

On a different topic, could anyone else find Misaki in the graduation photo? I paused the video and searched, but I could not spot her. I imagined she probably looked a bit different then, but even with that in mind I couldn't located her in the photo.
n10sityJan 28, 2012 6:21 AM
Jan 28, 2012 6:21 AM

Dec 2011
Well I have that old fashioned umbrella with a very sharp end. I actually ran countless of times with it (on the stairs)... No I don't dare to do this, especially cause this can happen. Even people on mythbusters forum thought the same. Too bad this is from anime, so they will not test it (although it might happen)... :D
Jan 28, 2012 8:59 AM

Nov 2009
n10sity said:

On a different topic, could anyone else find Misaki in the graduation photo? I paused the video and searched, but I could not spot her. I imagined she probably looked a bit different then, but even with that in mind I couldn't located her in the photo.

If she can't be found in the photo, then the Misaki who died 26 years ago isn't her.

Hmm...rather than seeing Mei...maybe thinking that she exists poses danger? Because...

a. Teshigawara said Sakakibara should not hang out with someone who doesn't exist. Why go to such lengths? So what if he hangs out with someone they claim as nonexistent? So what if Sakakibara-kun thinks that Mei exists when hanging out with her?

b. Mei said she doesn't exist. If she's a ghost or a dead person, why be so roundabout? If she's a figment of imagination, why say she doesn't exist instead of "she's not real"? Rather than literal, it's like metaphorical or mind state: like when someone says "I'm invisible" when in truth he/she only felt that way. For Mei to say she doesn't exist though...she must not want Sakakibara to think she exists.

Also...when Teshigawara and Sakuragi said Sakakibara-kun only knows about the "first year..."
Then...does that mean that deaths have been going on for 25 years more...even now? That "Another" as a title describes a "cycle" that happens every year for 26 years? And that if they think of someone as nonexistent...like Mei...unlike what they did upon thinking that the Misaki 26 years ago wasn't dead/or still exists...deaths would stop?

Jan 28, 2012 9:08 AM

Sep 2010
@witchhuntress
So there's even a possibility that my statement that every year a person named "Misaki" died is true. I'm at least sure that someone died every year, that's pretty clear.
Pages (14) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1048 by FBYT »»
Sep 3, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Another Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2012

597 by Alkimia »»
Aug 21, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

342 by Alkimia »»
Aug 20, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Feb 6, 2012

423 by Alkimia »»
Aug 20, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ClementIV - Feb 27, 2012

489 by SolalAnime »»
Aug 11, 12:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.