Jan 14, 2015 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
Touhou Theme Mafia

Game Image

Host: Crowlage
Co.Host Asunyan

Link to sign-up thread

General Game Guidelines

1) You are not allowed to use any external communications (PM/IRC/etc). to discuss the game. Everything must be said on this thread.

2) Once you are dead, you are allowed to keep posting but you are not allowed to share your thoughts and or/disrupt the game. Feel free to use the thread to chat if you want - just keep it to a minimal.

3) You can PM the gamemaster of your concerns regarding the rules; if there are some changes you want or some clarifications you want to ask, have it in PM. If I think the answer to your question will benefit everyone playing, I’ll post the answer in the thread along with my reply to yours.

4) Violations of the Site & Forum Guidelines will be dealt accordingly by a mod.

Section II: Game Overview

So I've decided to try my hands at making a mafia theme based on the popular game franchise Touhou. This game is a little more advance than the basic mafia games so be aware of that when signing up.

1) This game is a open/day reveal/role madness. The night killings will not be revealed and everyone will have a role.

2) This game will consist of 2 sepreate fractions apart from the towns along with a single (or more) 4th party role(s). The town does not have to kill the 4th party role in order to win.

3) Each and every player will have a role and a hidden ability along with personal goals that you have a choice to fulfill or not. There are 2 ways to win this game. The minor way is to win with your alliance. But the major way is to fulfill all of your personal goals. There will be a crowed winning fraction but only 1 crowed winner. So I do ask, if you decide to win the conditions of your personal goals, don't be afraid to be a little selfish. Some personal goals are harder than others and I will take that into account when the game ends.

4) This game will also have a Day and Night Phase Attribute system that will randomize every phase. (Read IV for more details.)

5) This game also has a few instant kill abilities that won't wait until the end of the phase to activate both day and night. (Please keep in mind that It's impossible for me to be on the thread 24/7 so this will vary...)

6) Spell Cards will vary on how they are used. Some will activate at the end of the Day or Night Phase. Some will be constantly active when the user activates theirs. Many will be instantly active the moment when used. Almost all Spell Cards will be announced on the thread when used. This will vary depending on the effects of the Card used. Keep that in mind.

Section III: Lynching

1) Only available during the day.
2) The vote list will never close.
3) The player with the most votes on him will die.
4) The players must lynch someone starting on Day 2. Failure to comply means a random player will be chosen to die instead.

Section IV: Roles/Phase Attributes

If you have any questions about your roles please pm me and not ask in the thread. If you have any questions regarding roles ask and I'll do my best to explain and make it easier for the rest of you. So with that, winning conditions and roles.

Shrine Maiden Alliance Wins
when all of Scarlet Devils Mansion & Eientei members are dead.

Scarlet Devils Mansion Wins
when all of Eientei members are dead and they outnumber the Shrine Maiden Alliance

Eientei Wins
Wins when all of Scarlet Devils Mansion members are dead and they outnumber the Shrine Maiden Alliance

4th Party/Undefined
Wins when all their individual goals are met.

[/center]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrine Maiden Alliance
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scarlet Devils Mansion

Eientei

Undefined

Phase Attributes

Game Adjustments made

[center]Players
1. Jackrito (Cirno)
2. Xiaraith
3. TheConquerer Manjuu
4. -Blonde-
5. trijugate (Innocent Child)
6. DoubleC
7. MrSantaEye
8. Soren333 PandaCake
9. PantsMan
10. Suzune-chan (Coroner)
11. Astros477
12. Shap111
13. tanteiRE
14. billyboyforever
15. RedArmyShogun
16. RedTie47 (Poison Doctor)
17. Praland (Sakuya Izayoi)
18. meruledawolrd (Alice Margatroid)
19. Lambtron (Vigilante)
20. verbicide
21. CorruptedPurity
22. Speakss! Jackrito (Cult Leader)
23. coromandel
24. ChaosSaviour (Flandre Scarlet)

[b] The game begins at 10:00AM PST.
Phase ends at 10:00AM PST

Timer

CrowlageJan 25, 2015 12:39 PM
Pages (30) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2015 9:03 AM

Mar 2014
Roles will be sent soon. Please be patient my friends.
Jan 14, 2015 9:04 AM

Dec 2014
This is exciting, a whole new thread for the game.

Jan 14, 2015 10:00 AM

Sep 2013
So the game is starting. Best of luck to all of you, and let's have a blast ~
Jan 14, 2015 10:06 AM

May 2014
Startinga new thread seems kinda unnecessery, did something happen?
I've been here way too long...
Jan 14, 2015 10:07 AM

Apr 2012
Alright let’s get down to business!
The night killings will not be revealed
Communication is our strongest weapon when it comes to combating this.
From the beginning of day 2 a role call would be very helpful. Those alive will sign their name on a list with an addition of any night abilities that may have happened to them(given an item, rbed, Reisen choosing you, ect…). This way we won’t rely too heavily on the Coroner and gain some extra info.
Also we are prepared for when he/she dies :>

Also I urge everyone to vote or “not vote” on day 1.
If you’re against a day 1 lynch I’d like if you voice that opinion, give a reason why, and then vote for the (not counting?) entity of No-Lynch. This will possibly help tremendously later on.

To new players

To those of you with roles to redirect, guard, or roleblock players. Hold off using them on random players. You may accidentally rb the cop, or redirect a killing move onto an ally. Unless ofc you’re getting crazy mafia vibes from someone then go ahead(but it still may turn out sour)

Those of us who go for day 1 lynch will choose at random, at first. The more useful discussion we generate on day 1, the more likely we’ll lynch mafia.

If you happen to be on death’s row with no way out, and you have a very important role please speak up. Not only will you be saved, you will also be protected from then on ;)
Btw this “protection” isn’t necessarily permanent. We just say you’ll be protected to discourage mafia from going for you. It allows the doctor to protect others, but leaves you in a risky position. The mafia will probably not go for you just because the threat of the doctor is with you.
Doctor: Choose wisely on who to protect. If 2 or more townies are at risk, hopefully the guise of your protection will keep the mafia away. If only 1 townie is at risk protect him until another townie comes forward and then choose randomly.

These are only suggestions. Feel free to follow them as you will. o/
Jan 14, 2015 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
TheConquerer said:
Startinga new thread seems kinda unnecessery, did something happen?

Probably so it's easier to track back and read through from day 1. Sign up's do get in the way

Jan 14, 2015 10:08 AM

Dec 2014
DoubleC said:
Alright let’s get down to business!
The night killings will not be revealed
Communication is our strongest weapon when it comes to combating this.
From the beginning of day 2 a role call would be very helpful. Those alive will sign their name on a list with an addition of any night abilities that may have happened to them(given an item, rbed, Reisen choosing you, ect…). This way we won’t rely too heavily on the Coroner and gain some extra info.
Also we are prepared for when he/she dies :>

Also I urge everyone to vote or “not vote” on day 1.
If you’re against a day 1 lynch I’d like if you voice that opinion, give a reason why, and then vote for the (not counting?) entity of No-Lynch. This will possibly help tremendously later on.

To new players

To those of you with roles to redirect, guard, or roleblock players. Hold off using them on random players. You may accidentally rb the cop, or redirect a killing move onto an ally. Unless ofc you’re getting crazy mafia vibes from someone then go ahead(but it still may turn out sour)

Those of us who go for day 1 lynch will choose at random, at first. The more useful discussion we generate on day 1, the more likely we’ll lynch mafia.

If you happen to be on death’s row with no way out, and you have a very important role please speak up. Not only will you be saved, you will also be protected from then on ;)
Btw this “protection” isn’t necessarily permanent. We just say you’ll be protected to discourage mafia from going for you. It allows the doctor to protect others, but leaves you in a risky position. The mafia will probably not go for you just because the threat of the doctor is with you.
Doctor: Choose wisely on who to protect. If 2 or more townies are at risk, hopefully the guise of your protection will keep the mafia away. If only 1 townie is at risk protect him until another townie comes forward and then choose randomly.

These are only suggestions. Feel free to follow them as you will. o/

Since when did CC ever take it seriously? O.o

Jan 14, 2015 10:09 AM

Apr 2012
Could someone post a link in the sign-up thread? Some players watch thread and don't check the forum games section often.
Jan 14, 2015 10:10 AM

Mar 2014
Sorry for the last start. That took longer then I expected...

[Center] [I]

Regular Day/Night

No special conditions.
Jan 14, 2015 10:12 AM

Apr 2012
-Blonde- said:

Since I got a mafia role. Need to look more townie than ever.
Jan 14, 2015 10:13 AM
Jan 14, 2015 10:19 AM

Dec 2013
And so it begins, I am pretty excited
Jan 14, 2015 10:24 AM

Apr 2012
Lynch:RedArmyShogun
He killed me day 1 in another thread. My revenge!
Jan 14, 2015 10:24 AM

Mar 2014
Trijugate is innocent Child!!!

MY BAD!!!
Jan 14, 2015 10:29 AM

Sep 2013
dang DoubleC, shots are fired already.

Your first post is kind of intriguing to read. Let me comment on it in particular once I finished gaming and anime watching for the day ^^
Jan 14, 2015 10:30 AM
Sep 2014
OH MY GOD TIME IM PROVEN INNO YES TIME TO PLAY BALLS DEEP.
Jan 14, 2015 10:32 AM

Apr 2012
trijugate said:

Yes! I'm happy I can put my absolute undying trust in you.
Jan 14, 2015 10:35 AM

Sep 2013
Remember that both mafia fractions have the ability to recruit one new member each.
And trijugate, show us your awesome strategies as only male person of this game!
Jan 14, 2015 10:37 AM

Mar 2014
Vote:Count

RedArmyShogun 1 (CC)
Jan 14, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2013
DoubleC said:
-Blonde- said:

Since I got a mafia role. Need to look more townie than ever.

Heh.
Jan 14, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2013
trijugate said:

Yes! I love trust triju ~
Jan 14, 2015 10:45 AM

Aug 2014
the personal goals are going to make this game a free-for-all...

LET THE MADNESS BEGIN
Trust me, im Shap

Jan 14, 2015 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
shap111 said:

Are you already implying that your personal goals include killing one of your most important team mates?
Jan 14, 2015 10:50 AM

Mar 2014
shap111 said:

LET THE MADNESS BEGIN

That's where the fun starts. So don't be afraid to be selfish and go for the Major Win.
Jan 14, 2015 10:51 AM

May 2014
-Blonde- said:

Definitely strange.

Apr 2012
Cirno
Abilities:
If you are lynched you gain the ability to kill anyone of your choosing.
Please nerf
At least make it where the players who voted for Cirno are the only ones that can be targeted.

Aug 2014
Xiaraith said:
shap111 said:

Are you already implying that your personal goals include killing one of your most important team mates?

Not really, but I assume more than one has that kind of goal
Trust me, im Shap

Jan 14, 2015 10:53 AM
Sep 2014
Crowlage said:
Eirin-sama: As a Sniper you will not know your alliance members but they will know you. At the end of the day phase you can shoot and kill 1 person.

Ummm, so is there anyway to prevent this from happening? I feel like I have a big target on my head already.
Jan 14, 2015 10:54 AM

Sep 2013
Plot Twist: all Shrine Maidens have the personal goals of killing the Cop with their own hands, same for both mafia clubs with the respective Leader.
Jan 14, 2015 10:55 AM

May 2014
trijugate said:
Crowlage said:
Eirin-sama: As a Sniper you will not know your alliance members but they will know you. At the end of the day phase you can shoot and kill 1 person.

Ummm, so is there anyway to prevent this from happening? I feel like I have a big target on my head already.

There is a bodyguard, he should protect you.

Jan 14, 2015 10:57 AM

Sep 2013
coromandel said:
trijugate said:

1) the Bodyguard is mafia aligned
2) the Bodyguard chooses his action at night, and the sniper during the day
Jan 14, 2015 11:02 AM

May 2014
Xiaraith said:
coromandel said:

1) the Bodyguard is mafia aligned
2) the Bodyguard chooses his action at night, and the sniper during the day

I know, I actually meant the Doctor, he can protect someone too.
I don't think the mafia BG would protect trijugate.

Jan 14, 2015 11:02 AM

Mar 2014
DoubleC said:
Cirno
Abilities:
If you are lynched you gain the ability to kill anyone of your choosing.
Please nerf
At least make it where the players who voted for Cirno are the only ones that can be targeted.

Nice catch. I agree it should be restricted to only guilty voters.

trijugate said:
Crowlage said:

Maybe, depends on the roles I guess.
Jan 14, 2015 11:04 AM

Sep 2013
But the Doctor also only protects during the night...
If there's any protective ability to be used on trijugate during this first day, it should probably be used on him.
Jan 14, 2015 11:10 AM

May 2014
Xiaraith said:
If there's any protective ability to be used on trijugate during this first day, it should probably be used on him.

Ah, right - the Sniper kills at the end of the day phase, Doc's ability only works during night time.

Reading the role descriptions once isn't enough I guess. xD
The first few nights will be madness, since almost everyone has some kind of night ability.

Jan 14, 2015 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
Those targeted by Reisen don't know. Didn't read the roles thoroughly enough.
Anyways it sucks there are 2 converters.... so if both are successful there will be 10 problems the townies will have.

Dec 2014
coromandel said:
Xiaraith said:

Ah, right - the Sniper kills at the end of the day phase, Doc's ability only works during night time.

Reading the role descriptions once isn't enough I guess. xD
The first few nights will be madness, since almost everyone has some kind of night ability.

Sounds exciting, I'd prefer this over a boring game

Mar 2014
Cirno (Vengeful) nerf change

If you are lynched you gain the ability to kill one of your guilty voters.
Jan 14, 2015 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
And if a lot of spell cards are added to the first nights' mess as well, chaos is perfect ^^

I will read all roles again, and maybe discover some connections worth mentioning. The day is still long, time to really get into this game.
Jan 14, 2015 11:18 AM

Dec 2013
I just want you guys to know, I am here.
Jan 14, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
I think we can disregard Shikieiki Yamaxanadu (Executioner). Her win condition is just lynch her target. She may vote for that target day 1 when no reasons are truly needed ;)
Her target may be an important townie(I'd do that to make things interesting) so be cautious of who you follow.
Jan 14, 2015 11:24 AM

Sep 2013
DoubleC said:
I think we can disregard Shikieiki Yamaxanadu (Executioner). Her win condition is just lynch her target. She may vote for that target day 1 when no reasons are truly needed ;)
Her target may be an important townie(I'd do that to make things interesting) so be cautious of who you follow.

So far you are the only person who has voted.

But I do already agree, a first day lynch is probably not too bad. Especially after seeing the success of first day lynches in other games.
Jan 14, 2015 11:26 AM

Sep 2013
@Crow
what happens in case of a lynch tie?
On day 1 it's probably no lynch, and on all other days a random lynch between the people with the most votes. But I want to make sure nonetheless...
Jan 14, 2015 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
Xiaraith said:
@Crow
On day 1 it's probably no lynch, and on all other days a random lynch between the people with the most votes. But I want to make sure nonetheless...

Day 1 will be no lynch. Day 2 onward will be randomized by my best friend RNG.
Jan 14, 2015 11:31 AM

Sep 2013
Crowlage said:
Xiaraith said:
@Crow

Will it be randomized between all players, or just those with the most votes?
RNG is one of the best friends you could ever have ~
Jan 14, 2015 11:38 AM

Mar 2014
Xiaraith said:
Crowlage said:

Will it be randomized between all players, or just those with the most votes?
RNG is one of the best friends you could ever have ~

Everyone. That'll push you guys to vote.
Jan 14, 2015 11:40 AM

Dec 2013
Lynch JackRito RNGESUS compels me!
Jan 14, 2015 11:48 AM

Mar 2014
Vote:Count

RedArmyShogun 1 (CC)

Jackrito 1 (MrSantaEye)
Jan 14, 2015 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
Alright. Everyone knows I'm pro lynch on day 1.

Vote: ChaosSaviour

Going to place a vote for now. It is subject to change.

Main reason for choosing Chaos is that he's usually inactive and doesn't always offer his thoughts and who he suspects. So it becomes hard to tell if he's mafia or just a lurking townie. So let's hope this vote can get him to become more active ^_^
Pages (30) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Would you pat or slap the above user? v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 3

2598 by zzz »»
4 minutes ago

» Ask the person below you a question. v35 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-DxP- - Jun 28

8362 by karemi_ »»
5 minutes ago

» First anime character to come to mind... v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zedlin - Jan 11, 2023

2748 by tinshard »»
5 minutes ago

» A-Z Video Games ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Aug 12

119 by Ohayotaku »»
5 minutes ago

» The Last Person To Post In This Thread Wins!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Bee-Sweet - Jun 10

9629 by Oofmastre9000 »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.