Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 25, 2023 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
Saruta was one useless piece of shit person. What an annoying dude
Jul 27, 2023 1:41 PM

Jun 2014
Hey, so uh. Is the studio who made this anime doing alright? Is this a cry for help?

Anyway. I've been theorizing that maybe Shoenen Bat isn't a real person, but a character from Tsukiko's imagination symbolizing violence as a means of escape. Through most of the incidents in the series, it could be chalked up to self-harm/suicide, but near the end of this episode, the production manager uses the bat to kill one of his coworkers himself?

Plus, the little baseball player in the cartoon also had a golden bat. Perhaps she pulled from that subconsciously when imagining Shoenen Bat.

Whether or not this is right, he's an interesting contrast to Maromi, who Tsukiko created to provide a softer means of comfort/escape.
betatorchicJul 27, 2023 7:49 PM
Aug 22, 2023 4:24 PM

Sep 2018
Ok, another annoying episode, to me at least the problem is less that the show "isn't making sense" or that the show isn't focusing on detective drama anymore (as far as I'm concerned that was never the main focus of the show anyhow, more of a subplot that people have somehow confused as the main plot). It's more that the pacing in these last couple of episodes is really bad, even if you view this as avant-garde art. Also I think it's trying a bit too hard to be Lynchian, probably to appease WOWOW as that was the sort of content they were known for in this era, and missing the mark.
KristiwazhereAug 22, 2023 4:33 PM
Sep 18, 2023 3:18 PM
Aug 2022
You guys are detestable, can't even appreciate an episode about the steamrolled animation staff.

I liked this one so much, poor guys, I'm grateful to all from the bottom of my heart.
Of course they are more prone to being cornered and their story must be told too.
Nov 11, 2023 5:45 PM

Nov 2023
Very well played story, Just kinda ushed
Feb 6, 5:08 AM
Jan 2021
Yet another filler, and the prophetic vision didn't show a single character that isn't brand new for the 11TH/13TH EPISODE. No one asked for a full rundown of the anime production business. Was that some form of self satisfaction or catharsis for the creators? Because it sure as hell did nothing for the show. Not only that, but we got a full explanation of how a certain person in the team ensures that the art style of the show stays consistent, just to have this stupid puppet start narrating every single role in the anime industry in a cutesy fashion.

I PRAY that we get back on topic for the last three episodes. If the ending is literally just 'there was no main plot, they were all main characters because SB was never real and was just a personification of struggle', I am going to have a aneurism. This show really just baited me into watching 7 episodes just to completely derail for the lols. That is not a 'Satoshi Kon is a genius' moment, it's a complete abandonment of a plot train that had been built up for half the show. If this is the direction that the show was taking, it should've been 3/4 as long, and should've been like this from the start. People will say that this is how the entire show has been, but every single character was connected up until season 7, and it all contributed to an overall plot of figuring out the mystery of SB. Now we are just watching a bunch of unconnected short stories to pass the time until something relevant happens.

I honestly won't be surprised if ep 11 and 12 don't have any of the original characters and are just short stories too, and then ep 13 wraps it all up by bringing all the characters back for a final hurrah. I am seriously disappointed considering how promising the first half of the show was.

I really can't understand how people are feeling fulfilled by this episode. Did you guys have no interest in the dark atmosphere around the show? The plot that we spent a good 4 hrs investing ourselves into just to be given what feels like a completely different show?
lkj509Feb 6, 5:27 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arashi89 - Aug 7, 2009

90 by pennyisirl »»
Apr 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

katsup - Apr 3, 2008

215 by mbarseru »»
Mar 21, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arashi89 - Aug 7, 2009

68 by LithiumHead9 »»
Mar 6, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LibreKoi - May 24, 2009

63 by lkj509 »»
Feb 7, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Mousou Dairinin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LibreKoi - May 24, 2009

62 by lkj509 »»
Feb 7, 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.