Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2013 2:56 PM

Oct 2012
I'm in the mood of a good clean and simple thriller anime, I guess seinen.

Something along the lines of, an ordinary joe, works at a regular job, and something happens, maybe he witnesses a murder, or maybe someone drops something super secret in his bag, or his father/mother/friend leaves him a cryptic message before dissapearing off the face of the earth, or whatever. And after this event he suddenly finds himself in a world of secret organisations, politics, conspiracies, murder, etc.

I'd like if there was some mystery so the guy has to play a little detective to figure out what the hell is going on and how he can take himself out of this mess and back to his normal boring everday life.

If it has any supernatural stuff in it, i want it to be kept at a minimum.

And it's plus if he teams up with a girl :)

Okay, I don't remember too much of Speed Grapher, but I think it's somewhat like that I'm looking for but with much less supernatural stuff.

Thanks!
Jun 7, 2013 3:00 PM
May 2012
And why haven't you seen steins;gate yet?
Jun 7, 2013 3:07 PM

Oct 2012
Chusaki said:
And why haven't you seen steins;gate yet?

I haven't? I'm pretty sure it's in my anime list... wait a sec.... yup, it's there, numero 250 on my completed list :)
Jun 7, 2013 3:14 PM

Feb 2012
With that description, I doubt there's anything that fits the bill better (at least in regards to what you described) than Monster. It's a long watch but I guarantee you'll probably like it if not love it.

Monster
Jun 7, 2013 3:21 PM

Oct 2012
TOPIX21 said:
With that description, I doubt there's anything that fits the bill better (at least in regards to what you described) than Monster. It's a long watch but I guarantee you'll probably like it if not love it.

Monster

Looks really interesting, but 74 episodes! I was hoping to satisfy my need with an evening, not a whole week lol... Argh.. adding it to my PTW list and ill watch a few episodes and see where it goes. Thanks!
Jun 7, 2013 3:37 PM

May 2009
Eden of east
Jun 7, 2013 3:44 PM

Jul 2011
Kaiji
Jun 7, 2013 3:46 PM

Jul 2012
TOPIX21 said:

Monster

+200000

Detective Conan.......it's really long though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jun 7, 2013 3:54 PM

May 2009
Num1dad_Asura said:
TOPIX21 said:

Monster

+200000

Detective Conan.......it's really long though.

conan is not thriller.
Jun 7, 2013 4:32 PM

Apr 2013
Baqa said:
TOPIX21 said:

Monster

Looks really interesting, but 74 episodes! I was hoping to satisfy my need with an evening, not a whole week lol... Argh.. adding it to my PTW list and ill watch a few episodes and see where it goes. Thanks!

Monster is good but not great,
Don't expect too much or you might end up hating it ;)
The only 2 thrillers worth mentioning(which i have seen) are Steins;Gate and Death Note
Jun 7, 2013 4:57 PM

Dec 2010
Gankutsuou is a thriller but nothing like the kind you described. Despite that, you'll likely enjoy it from start to finish.
Jun 8, 2013 2:09 AM
Jul 2012
Rebas said:
Gankutsuou is a thriller but nothing like the kind you described. Despite that, you'll likely enjoy it from start to finish.

Indeed. I am watching episode 11 right now. This show is bloody great! The first two episode are kinda normal though. Just wait until they are back in Paris for the show to really start at episode 3.
Jun 8, 2013 9:25 AM

Oct 2012
bergil said:
Eden of east

I've already seen the series, but that reminds me I haven't seen the movies yet... See that I rated the series pretty low, however I don't remember it being that bad.. hmm. Weird...

Lately said:
Kaiji

The art looks kinda ugly, heh, definitely going to take a look as it looks so alien to what I'm used to watching. Thanks!

Rebas said:

I know I've seen some of the live action Monte Cristo movies 15 or so years ago, but I don't remember a thing about them, hehe.. The synopsis looks interesting and only 24 episodes! Finally a recommendation that won't give me a blood clot in my brain!:D

yakoo said:
Shiki?

Not really in the mood for vampires, but I will save it for sometime in the future, coz it looks like it could be good :)
Jun 8, 2013 9:58 AM

May 2009
Phantom requeim for phatom
Read or die ova
Jun 8, 2013 10:23 AM

Oct 2012
Num1dad_Asura said:
TOPIX21 said:

Monster

+200000.

+3000000
Jun 8, 2013 10:27 AM

Jun 2010
MONSTER

as was said many times
once you start watching, it'll stop feeling like 74 episodes
Jun 8, 2013 10:28 AM
Oct 2011
Yeah, Monster, that's what comes to mind from your description.
Jun 8, 2013 10:41 AM

Aug 2012
Kaze no Yojimbo. It's about a guy searching for his older brother who went missing along with a train wagon that was carrying lots of gold.

Slight warning, it seems that they didn't had much budget so the animation quality is low, but if you can get pass that the story is good and they poured what they got into the final episode.
Jun 8, 2013 1:21 PM

Oct 2012
figuette said:
Kaze no Yojimbo. It's about a guy searching for his older brother who went missing along with a train wagon that was carrying lots of gold.

Slight warning, it seems that they didn't had much budget so the animation quality is low, but if you can get pass that the story is good and they poured what they got into the final episode.

No problems, I'm really not picky when it comes to animation stuff :) Added to my PTW-list!

Looks like Monster is a clear favorite here, was planning on watching the first few episodes tonight, but some other stuff came up, argh! So it will have to wait.

More topics from this board

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 13 minutes ago

0 by AdityaRizkiS »»
13 minutes ago

» Movies

BitChilly - 10 hours ago

8 by BitChilly »»
15 minutes ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - Apr 25

1 by Ten »»
59 minutes ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

10 by ST63LTH »»
5 hours ago

» Battle romance manhwa/manga/manhua

NaTsu879 - 10 hours ago

1 by dowzer »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.