Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (95) « First ... « 81 82 [83] 84 85 » ... Last »
Jan 2, 2013 10:11 PM
Nov 2012
Rukayex said:
Yoshida_Haru said:
I just made a new one. I think it's a lot better than my old one. (I know the GIF bugs. It's because I had to split it into two, but I'll try to fix it tomorrow!)

Not bad for one of your first few tries :D

Up to you to change or not if you disagree, but here goes:

Not sure if you meant to overlap the text in the header, but it looks slightly awkward as it is.

The text on the left side is a little hard to read. Maybe it's too small? And serif fonts when small tend to be harder to read, too. >.<

"Version 3.0" and "Layout made by Yoshida_Haru" text is blurry, so hard to read. ^^" May need to change the font size, anti-aliasing, or choice for it to become clear again.

GIF is pretty distracting since it's so quick and sudden, while the rest of the profile looks pretty calm and peaceful.

Hope to see your improvements! :D

Thanks for the feedback! Luckily, all three texts are easy to change, so I'll do it some time tomorrow. As for the GIF, I really like it, haha! Maybe when I fix it, it won't be as bad!
Oi, Haru desu.
Jan 10, 2013 6:07 AM

Jun 2011
Just made my second profile thingy. The first one I made wasn't consistent and was overflowing with text, though I think I still did a little too much with text in this one. I don't really know how to start these profiles off since I'm not used to working with something on a exceptionally large canvas, nor am I really good with textures, so I just sorta winged it. Hopefully, this one is a lot more visually pleasing for others. I personally like it.

I'm open to all sorts of criticism ^^
Jan 19, 2013 10:29 AM

Apr 2012
Nigglez said:
Just made my second profile thingy. The first one I made wasn't consistent and was overflowing with text, though I think I still did a little too much with text in this one. I don't really know how to start these profiles off since I'm not used to working with something on a exceptionally large canvas, nor am I really good with textures, so I just sorta winged it. Hopefully, this one is a lot more visually pleasing for others. I personally like it.

I'm open to all sorts of criticism ^^
I like it!
Just took a quick look, and all I'm going to say is "scanline overdose". I like scanlines myself, but... :p Also, I wouldn't cover text with it, at least not the "likes/dislikes" titles. Makes it harder to read.
Jan 26, 2013 7:38 AM

Aug 2011
Well, it's been a while since my last one.
Updated now :3
Feb 5, 2013 4:20 AM
Jul 2010
Almost one year since I made a profile design.
Updated yesterday. Any feedback, ciriticism and suggestions would be very much appreciated!
Feb 9, 2013 3:19 AM

Oct 2012
Just Recenly Change Mine..!!
Care to Check out mine Guys..!!?
Feb 9, 2013 6:55 AM

Mar 2009
AnimeOtakuDesu said:
Just Recenly Change Mine..!!
Care to Check out mine Guys..!!?

Beware of using squished circles. ^^"
Feb 25, 2013 8:11 PM

Jun 2009
I recently updated by profile~
Any feedback would be loved.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Feb 26, 2013 1:56 AM

Dec 2009
Suzune-chan said:
I recently updated by profile~
Any feedback would be loved.

Hm, well I liked your previious profiles a lot more, at least previous two, especially the lemon one, that was one awesome profile.

This one is pretty chaotic, if I had to say something. Sorry that I can't contribute any good feedback v__v

--------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Updated my profile \o/
IsalinaFeb 26, 2013 6:18 AM
Feb 26, 2013 6:39 AM

Jun 2011
Changed my profile after 100 years. Super late for Valentine's Day OTL Anyway, comments are appreciated.

I lost touch with PS, not good D:
Feb 27, 2013 2:03 PM

Dec 2011
^ Pink , pink everywhere :O
Really cool style ^^

I'm making something new, i didn't see anyone had similar ( i mean by idea, not style and all) :)

It's under spoiler tag, and, ideas and comments are appreciated ^^
Mar 1, 2013 3:30 PM
Oct 2011
My ugly profile - updated.
Mar 1, 2013 3:38 PM
May 2012
DarkLover said:
Oh you...so modest.

@Squ
I love your new profile! The text is a bit difficult to read though, and the character section is hardly visible. I liked the previous ones with a monochromatic color scheme implemented more, but overall, it's really great <:

@Sheia
Love the design and the colors. Pink, pink, everywhere *^*
AestherMar 1, 2013 3:52 PM
Mar 1, 2013 3:49 PM

Feb 2011
DarkLover said:

Looks nice, but I think you messed up the animation timings. :x
Mar 2, 2013 3:26 AM

Dec 2009
Sophilia said:
@Squ
I love your new profile! The text is a bit difficult to read though, and the character section is hardly visible. I liked the previous ones with a monochromatic color scheme implemented more, but overall, it's really great <:

And there I already tried making it more visible, but if I make it lighter/more visible it looks like shit imo. I wanted to make it fitting with the overall KH theme (the eternal fight between light and dark) and tbh I couldn't find any suiting light effects orz
Anyways I like it as it is, either I win with it or not \o/ Without defending my definetely hardly visible crap, layouts aren't just about giving information about the user, it is still art and should look like it and everything should match. Though some may archieve making a layout that is great and clearly readable at the same time, but I guess suck at that lol Who cares \o/

@DarkLover: Wow really a shame that you entered last profile contest already, I like this one a lot more than the Magi one. Except for the animations though, it looks stupid. Sorry for being harsh /o\
IsalinaMar 2, 2013 3:29 AM
Mar 2, 2013 5:04 AM
Oct 2011
Drepolio said:Looks nice, but I think you messed up the animation timings. :x

@DarkLover: Wow really a shame that you entered last profile contest already, I like this one a lot more than the Magi one. Except for the animations though, it looks stupid. Sorry for being harsh /o\

So no animations? This in right is with a low quality. As for the contests i dont have a chance.
How many times i will fail... Its no use, no progress.
Mar 2, 2013 5:12 AM
May 2012
@Squ
You make very good points :P in the end, it does come down to whether the artist him/herself likes it or not. Well, as long as you like it <3 and pft, so modest >: you're great at making layouts!

@Dark
I personally liked the animations. probably cuz I'm a huge fan of gifs also, the color flow is excellently displayed.
No! No pessimism here :( it's wonderful no matter what you say!
Mar 2, 2013 5:40 AM

Dec 2009
@Sophilia: Of course, but there is still always room for improvement too, though imo it should only happen when the creator likes it.
Lol, even if I'm good, which isn't the case, I only can do a decent layout once every century orz and I seriously hate that.

@DarkLover: sometimes you make me laugh pretty hard you know. Just because we said the animation doesn't look that good, doesn't mean you shouldn't make them. It means you should try improving them so that they look good, or if you like them as they are, just leave them like that. Have more confidence in your stuff, man, you've got talent.
If you say you got now chance you won't ever make it. If you think your layouts lack something that make them win, then improve them until you think they are awesome and if they still not win, it isn't like your layout was bad. Contest isn't all about skills, it's also about luck. There vote people who all have their own tastes and preferences and you've got 9 other layouts with you which are usually also awesome. You can only vote for your top 5 profiles, if someone didn't vote for you, it doesn't mean he disliked your layout. Just look in last voting round, how many voters said they would want to vote for more. So don't talk like that with those great layouts you have there, others aren't that good and you have the talent and talk about your stuff like it is shit. Now change your thinking before I gotta bitchslap you.
Mar 2, 2013 6:39 AM
Oct 2011
Thank u, Sophilia, SquChan :) I appreciate it. :) But how to improve these gifs? For first time I use
gifs in a design.
Mar 2, 2013 6:52 AM
May 2012
I only now just noticed. I thought it was due to my lag before. Your gifs' frames are pausing at irregular times. I'm not a professional at making gifs, so I'm probably not much help, but if you could pace the frames timings. At the moment, it looks like the images are freezing in between transition.
The count down part works really well; it doesn't pause or freeze at any intervals. One method could be adding more layers for the transition so it flows smoothly, at a gradual pace. Lol, I'm not sure how to explain :s
Mar 2, 2013 6:55 AM

Dec 2011
@munja - ignore..

Mar 2, 2013 7:01 AM
May 2012
@Munja
Gomen :( Which one is the layout? There's 1 that say "upgrade to plus for additional bandwidth." I'm assuming you have more uploads than the capacity for photobucket?

Anyways, I do like the gif with the city background. (one that says "work in progress" and with the temperature) If what you're making is similar to that, I'm looking forward to it; looks like it'll be another gorgeous layout! ^^
Mar 2, 2013 8:02 AM

Dec 2011
^^ No problem, i just wanted someone else to see lots of hours spent on this :) Thanks

Eeeehhh!? Upgrade to ? :O Can you please screenshot it i don't see anything :S?
( for it is best Lightshot - CHROME FIREFOX )

Yeah, that big-gif-city under spoiler tag is layout coming to life with new parts edited and animated, just need some ideas now >< Used up all i had...
And, everything you see is made by hand (medabots part extracted + converted edited )

Ty , now i got some motivation ^^!
Mar 2, 2013 8:05 AM
Oct 2011
@Munja

Whoa, this is unique. I like the lights and conception. This would be a great layout.

I paced the gifs. How is it now?
Mar 2, 2013 8:09 AM
May 2012
DarkLover said:

It's perfect now! The frames aren't pausing or freezing, and the transition is smooth ^^

@Munja
Wow, everything made by hand?! That's incredible. You have a real talent then <:
(and Medabots was an awesome show!)

And this is what I see for the last one
AestherMar 2, 2013 8:20 AM
Mar 2, 2013 8:17 AM

Dec 2011
DarkLover said:
@Munja

Whoa, this is unique. I like the lights and conception. This would be a great layout.

Thanks to you guys got idea now, and i'll work on it.. you'll see ^^ (it's about those 2 black screens, i know what to put in them, just to see how to animate them :) )

And, better, i like that player, it really looks good, and fits style >>>circles circles ^^<<< , and, id suggest to slow down 'favorites' animation :)

Here is original pic , it's from Ghost in the shell i think :)
http://en.9jcg.com/featured_artists/toni_bratincevic/slow_decay_files/slow_decay_13_l.jpg

EDIT

Sophilia said:
DarkLover said:

It's perfect now! The frames aren't pausing or freezing, and the transition is smooth ^^

@Munja
Wow, everything made by hand?! That's incredible. You have a real talent then <:
(and Medabots was an awesome show!)

Yeah , by hand + lots of made patterns for effects and blendings... Plus all frames are done by hand to look realistic(look light on left, it's not repetative, it's like 10-20 sec long, with ~200 frames made) ^^''

Medabots , i was soo nostalogic, i had to see them again :)

Thanks, you too have great eye for composition, and idea is great!!

In addition, when i finish, i'll put all stuff i used and made , without putting into layout, so you see how it's done :)

(ohh i get it... No i didn't make background, unfortunately , i quit working in 3ds max, maybe i could do something like that, dunno, but , yeah , this pic was free to use, i got idea, and there it is ^^ Maybe in some not so distant future i'll make 3d layout base similar to this or smth ^^:::::)

Oh it's something i got from good friend :/// Seems i got it in cache and it loads, i better save it until my cache gets cleaned :O
MunjaMar 2, 2013 8:26 AM
Mar 2, 2013 8:28 AM

Dec 2009
@Darklover: They look better now (though too fast for my taste but that's another story). But I noticed that the transition from the pic of Ukyo to Usui is faster than those of the others.

@Munja: I guess everyone's trying to be unique, wouldn't it be pretty boring if nobody did that?~
As for your "layout", it isn't finished yet right?, I find it very interesting, since I couldn't possibly explain how you did those animations, so they are indeed amazing. A fully animated layout is rare, so keep it up and maybe when you're done until 15th, you can enter best profile design \o/
Mar 2, 2013 8:36 AM

Dec 2011
SquChan said:

@Munja: I guess everyone's trying to be unique, wouldn't it be pretty boring if nobody did that?~
As for your "layout", it isn't finished yet right?, I find it very interesting, since I couldn't possibly explain how you did those animations, so they are indeed amazing. A fully animated layout is rare, so keep it up and maybe when you're done until 15th, you can enter best profile design o/

Yeah! But as i've seen ,luckily MAL is full of unique-style people (some copy ofc, but variations and ideas matter there which are great too tbh) .. :)

It's 50% done, up there i wrote some ideas i have now + i'll do something (maybe-not-so) unique again in unique layout hahah

As i said up there , too, i'll maybe put how i did and some psd's or smth so others can learn it too :))

I'll try *^*/
Mar 2, 2013 11:19 AM

Dec 2009
Munja said:
SquChan said:

As for your "layout", it isn't finished yet right?, I find it very interesting, since I couldn't possibly explain how you did those animations, so they are indeed amazing. A fully animated layout is rare, so keep it up and maybe when you're done until 15th, you can enter best profile design o/

Yeah! But as i've seen ,luckily MAL is full of unique-style people (some copy ofc, but variations and ideas matter there which are great too tbh) .. :)

It's 50% done, up there i wrote some ideas i have now + i'll do something (maybe-not-so) unique again in unique layout hahah

As i said up there , too, i'll maybe put how i did and some psd's or smth so others can learn it too :))

I'll try *^*/

Well then it is no copy, it's more of a getting inspiration and make your own stuff kinda thing, I guess. *works like that too*

That would be indeed nice to have, since I've got no idea how such animations are done. I've seen some of them already around here already, but I can't imagine how I should possibly do something like that.
Mar 2, 2013 4:43 PM

Dec 2011
SquChan said:

Well then it is no copy, it's more of a getting inspiration and make your own stuff kinda thing, I guess. *works like that too*

That would be indeed nice to have, since I've got no idea how such animations are done. I've seen some of them already around here already, but I can't imagine how I should possibly do something like that.

Yeah ^^

And, ok , will do. But first to finish layout till 15th :OO :)

GANBAARIIIMAASU !!!
MunjaMar 2, 2013 4:58 PM
Mar 10, 2013 7:42 PM

Dec 2011
D-Post!!~ Bump

almost 4 in the morning, done a lot, check it out ^^
Soon it's finished, than i'll put how i did some parts, and maybe attach .psd's

Btw , every gif you see is done by me, in some i used external resources, edited and adjusted... And every gif is pretty non-repetative and as realistic as possible ( i could do)

:)
Mar 15, 2013 5:07 AM

Jun 2011
Made another profile, I am in procrastination mode after all ~

CLICK HERE
Mar 24, 2013 6:20 AM
Nov 2011
Made a new one, too messy tho.
Apr 1, 2013 1:00 PM

Aug 2011
*NEW | Swimming POWER! ;3
Apr 1, 2013 1:06 PM
May 2012
o////////o dat layout. /dies.
Apr 1, 2013 1:25 PM

Dec 2012
fraKUS said:
*NEW | Swimming POWER! ;3

i may or may not just stay on your profile to stare at it for a while /cough
no, seriously. my fangirl mode is activated now :D

usually i'm not a fan of such colorful profiles, but somehow you made it work. it looks nice.
Apr 3, 2013 10:59 PM

Jun 2011
Wosh~ I made myself a new one
2 days ago
Apr 12, 2013 10:22 AM

Oct 2007
@fraKUS: *____* Bishie Heaven!!
@ blueunicorns: Nice design concept and loving the yellow xD

Decided to update mine since last October :P
FiiFOApr 13, 2013 9:49 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2013 6:08 PM

Dec 2009
Not really an update, but maybe an update of the old layout. Changed some stuff here and there that was not up to date (like the anime of spring season) and added things.
Apr 27, 2013 5:57 AM

Jan 2013
I just created my profile design. Can anyone press on send friend request, copy the link and send it to me? Thanks.
Apr 27, 2013 7:04 AM
Apr 27, 2013 11:06 AM

Jan 2013
May 3, 2013 11:39 PM

Jan 2012
combination of gifs and simplicity xD
May 18, 2013 10:07 AM

Dec 2011
finally made one since i joined MAL OTL
idk how it turns out//
May 19, 2013 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
i edited my lists and profil check it out if you want
May 20, 2013 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
Finally end up updating mines.
May 22, 2013 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
I did a new one, it's pretty simple though.
May 24, 2013 11:08 PM

Apr 2012
Extremely simple design. Check it out.

~http://myanimelist.net/profile/Houndour87~

。◕‿◕。 Fun In Life is what Matters! The More the Fun the better your Life Becomes!! 。◕‿◕。

May 24, 2013 11:09 PM
Jul 2012
Make a new one. Bet not every one will like mine.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/GoldenBRS
Jun 3, 2013 5:26 AM
Apr 2012
Finally, I finished making mine after 2 nights of concept building and 2 days of Photoshopping.
I wonder if I overused gifs (on a second thought, I overused it, really)
Pages (95) « First ... « 81 82 [83] 84 85 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 5:56 PM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:42 PM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
Yesterday, 5:29 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.