Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2011 10:04 PM
Jan 2010
Sniffles, i'm tearing up!
After reading this manga, i'm absolutely in LOVE with it! It's beautiful but made me wish for something different :[
Does anyone else feel dislike for Takako?! She just appeared out of nowhere and butted in, ARGH! sighh, oh well :/
at least they had their happily ever after <3
Jan 20, 2011 9:19 PM

May 2009
I did not dislike her for "butting" in. She did not force herself, Tatsuya made a choise. I would say that I was mostly sorry for her because she could not monopolise the people she loved. The only time when I got pissed at her for her selfish actions was when Junichi visited her in the hospital. She had no right to talk to him like that, after being one of the reason his heart broke, and on top of it all, ask him to take care of her family in her stead as if he owed her something. But I could forgive that in a sense, considering the state she was in.

Oct 28, 2014 3:02 PM

Aug 2013
iristella said:
I did not dislike her for "butting" in. She did not force herself, Tatsuya made a choise. I would say that I was mostly sorry for her because she could not monopolise the people she loved. The only time when I got pissed at her for her selfish actions was when Junichi visited her in the hospital. She had no right to talk to him like that, after being one of the reason his heart broke, and on top of it all, ask him to take care of her family in her stead as if he owed her something. But I could forgive that in a sense, considering the state she was in.

I totally agree. Btw I'm sorry but Tatsuya behaved such an asshole.
Oct 29, 2014 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
^ In the society (more like time period) they lived in, it was really looked down upon and forbidden to be homosexual, and even if it was a bit, both wanted to be normal.

I think Takako shouldn't have bothered our main couple's life and instead, pursue her own dream of having a woman lover.
Mar 8, 2015 1:10 AM

Aug 2013
Seeing that you are all girls, I can see why all of you didn't enjoy Takako's role.

For me, I personally thought that how she influenced Tatsuya as well as how her death impacted those who loved her were the best parts of the manga.
Mar 22, 2016 3:39 PM
flower boy

Jun 2013
I actually liked Takako. She was selfish at times, but she was a very realistic character. She was a good mother and a generally good person. I definitely didn't support all of her choices, (cheating is never okay) but I did like her character and I was pretty upset when she passed away.
Jul 23, 2017 1:08 AM

Mar 2014
No, I liked her. She was a realistic character and I understood her actions – even if I didn't always agree with them – and could sympathize with her. Apparently it's pretty common for gay people in Japan to get married to another person of the opposite sex – sometimes gay, sometimes straight – in order to hide the fact that they're homosexual.

I agree with @Mayuka that she probably would have been happier off pursuing the "lesbian" path but I can also see why she didn't.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained

More topics from this board

» Kenta and Gakkun

bimpo - Feb 12, 2022

1 by Gerii »»
Feb 26, 2022 1:34 PM

Poll: » Complex Chapter 1 Discussion

StevenHu - Feb 21, 2015

2 by Isaidlunch »»
Apr 8, 2020 4:00 PM

Poll: » Complex Chapter 24 Discussion

Kanorin - Mar 23, 2013

11 by KuroShi210 »»
Feb 11, 2019 3:07 AM

Poll: » Complex Chapter 23 Discussion

StevenHu - Mar 8, 2015

0 by StevenHu »»
Mar 8, 2015 12:45 AM

Poll: » Complex Chapter 22 Discussion

Mszyla - Jan 30, 2010

6 by StevenHu »»
Mar 8, 2015 12:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.