Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 15, 2021 5:37 AM

Jun 2021
Just re-watched all seasons cause the first time I binged watched it so didn't capture everything in detail and also don't remember everything.
It's story line and plot execution is awesome but...tbh I felt it's first season was mediocre and a little boring but everything other than that was excellent
Does anyone feel it's first season was little meh?
Aug 15, 2021 5:51 AM
Mar 2021
I thought the first season was amazing too but I think I’m biased because it was my first anime. It had everything I liked about Attack on Titan but it was in the early stages so there are more questions than answers. I still think it’s great though.
Aug 15, 2021 6:04 AM
Sep 2019
Yo_ItzChika said:
Just re-watched all seasons cause the first time I binged watched it so didn't capture everything in detail and also don't remember everything.
It's story line and plot execution is awesome but...tbh I felt it's first season was mediocre and a little boring but everything other than that was excellent

The first season is good in it's own way, but yes, (personally) it is a bit meh compared to (most) of the following seasons-
All opinions are valid, unless they hurt people. Or suck.
Aug 15, 2021 6:25 AM
Mar 2021
I think its "objectively" the worst (tho better then 4p2 but let's not go there) but its my 3rd favorite part of aot behind 3p2 and 4p1. It has pacing problems and can kill of too many characters at some points but there is a charm to it that I love. (Also I refuse to acknowledge those problems because aot is my favorite story ever).
Aug 15, 2021 6:29 AM
Jul 2021
Well it's my fav AoT season and I like AoT so yes
Aug 15, 2021 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
Yo_ItzChika said:

Yes
I was gonna not watching aot cuz of s1
Aug 15, 2021 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
Yo_ItzChika said:

You're Right
I also told those toxic fanboys the same thing but they can't just accept it
Season 2 was better than Season 4 for me personally
Aug 15, 2021 7:13 AM
Apr 2021
Yo_ItzChika said:
I personally disagree as S4 PT 1 was a massive let down with the cliffhanger and in general wasn't too enjoyable in a story standpoint
Aug 15, 2021 7:14 AM
Aug 2021
[quote=24glamat message=64130938]I think its "objectively" the worst (tho better then 4p2 but let's not go there) but its my 3rd favorite part of aot behind 3p2 and 4p1. It has pacing problems and can kill of too many characters at some points but there is a charm to it that I love. (Also I refuse to acknowledge those problems because aot is my favorite story ever).[/quote
Yo_ItzChika said:
24glamat said:
I think its "objectively" the worst (tho better then 4p2 but let's not go there) but its my 3rd favorite part of aot behind 3p2 and 4p1. It has pacing problems and can kill of too many characters at some points but there is a charm to it that I love. (Also I refuse to acknowledge those problems because aot is my favorite story ever).

Just ending is a little bit off the track but the season as a whole is dope af. You can't say whole season is not good. By the way let it animate most probably they will fix loop holes.
Aug 15, 2021 7:15 AM
Senpai

May 2021
First season got me hyped for the other seasons, but if you watch it a second time you know already what will happen so maybe thats why it is not as exciting as the first time.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 15, 2021 7:29 AM

Jun 2020
I thought the first 3 seasons were okay-ish. I really liked s3p2 and absolutely loved the final season.
HUNTER X HUNTER HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!
Aug 15, 2021 7:41 AM
Mar 2021
[quote=sarthak_dms message=64131317]
24glamat said:
I think its "objectively" the worst (tho better then 4p2 but let's not go there) but its my 3rd favorite part of aot behind 3p2 and 4p1. It has pacing problems and can kill of too many characters at some points but there is a charm to it that I love. (Also I refuse to acknowledge those problems because aot is my favorite story ever).[/quote
Yo_ItzChika said:
24glamat said:

Just ending is a little bit off the track but the season as a whole is dope af. You can't say whole season is not good. By the way let it animate most probably they will fix loop holes.

I agree with you for the most part assuming they don't go anime original ending i will end up giving it a 7 but they also can't really fix some of the plot holes without changing the story so I doubt they will. My big hope is the leave out the final chapter because that was awful like 2/10 bad. There is one other popular show that did the same thing so its not impossible just improbable.
Aug 15, 2021 7:42 AM

Jan 2021
I agree. S1 was poorly paced compared to the following seasons and that took away a lot from the re-watch value for me. Tbh, at a point the only reason I was grinding through the female titan arc was because of the OP/EDs lmao.
I do plan on re-watching the show before the final part airs, so I'll reassess my opinion then.
Aug 15, 2021 8:41 AM
Nov 2020
I mean no hate but I did consider dropping attack on titan at the first season, Im not a pretty good shounen fan so anything like that will bore me to hell, although I did try the second season and I did like it somewhat and I kept watching and as my list shows I read the manga and liked it so thats just my experience with it (I doubt anyone cares but there is hope lol)
Aug 15, 2021 9:08 AM
Nov 2020
I think season 1 was completely average.
I liked season 2 even less tbh, it felt really messy and not very cohesive.
Aug 15, 2021 9:23 AM
Sep 2020
Yo_ItzChika said:

I loved the first season. Imo no season in aot is below a 9/10.
Aug 15, 2021 10:04 AM
Aug 2020
Sorry to hurt your feelings kid but s3p2 is not alone awesome anymore after manga end, the reason it was great has been ruined, so the way everything was connected we should think of it as a whole series instead of season wise. S3p2 is meaningless and the overall show as well so, I would think this overall 9/10
Aug 15, 2021 3:11 PM
Mar 2021
If you rewatch the 1st season you can notice steam coming off of Erens head after he failed the ODM gear test
Aug 15, 2021 3:28 PM
May 2021
Yo_ItzChika said:
Aot is one of those shows were I hated the way it started and hated the way it ended (I'm talking about the manga season 4 has been great so far) but I thought everything in between was pretty good and even great at times and yeah looking back I'm a little bit surprised that when the anime first came out it was as hyped as it was because the first season was kinda bland. Which is strange because there was no where near as much hype for the other seasons all of which were much better.
Aug 15, 2021 5:49 PM

Aug 2019
The first season seems to be most commonly regarded as one of the weaker seasons. (at least on forums I've visited over the past couple of years).

It has some of the best action sequences and set-pieces in the entire series, but it also falls a but flat on it's pacing where some episodes really dragged (25 episodes covered 32 manga chapters) and some of it's big emotional moments felt quite hollow and superficial at the time. Cutting down the number of episodes to 22 would have been fine and not detracted from the quality of the season at all.

I didn't notice it the first couple of times I watched it, but WiT used an inordinate amount of still shots that season. It's why I think Season 2 was the best animated season of the entire series.

Aug 15, 2021 5:54 PM
Jun 2021
i don’t think the first season is boring. it’s just that it’s not the same excitement as the first time watching it bc we know what the shows about already. u kno? like the first season tries to convince the audience that the last of humanity are in the walls and titans are the only threat outside; but we already know that’s not true so that surprise factor doesn’t hit as hard on the rewatch. idk tht was my experience watching it for the 3rd time LOL still enjoyed it though great build up
Aug 15, 2021 9:00 PM
Mar 2021
24glamat said:
I think season 4 part 2 still will be better then 1st season because first 3-4 episodes are going to be absolute peak of aot then rest of episodes will be alright and last 2 will be bad
Aug 15, 2021 9:53 PM

Feb 2021
No, for me every season is the same and overrated. There are no interesting and special characters besides Erwin, but unfortunately he doesn't get much screen time. Besides that, AOT was only carried hard by WIT, and Levi's beyblade also played an important role in this
Aug 15, 2021 10:46 PM
Jul 2021
Yea it's amazing my fav after s4 p1,I don't think s1 is meh I liked it better than every anime(except aot).
Aug 15, 2021 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
-Pocong- said:
No, for me every season is the same and overrated. There are no interesting and special characters besides Erwin, but unfortunately he doesn't get much screen time. Besides that, AOT was only carried hard by WIT, and Levi's beyblade also played an important role in this

You're the right
It's same as Demon Slayer
The Manga wasn't even that popular
It was just a predictable survival military story
Only thing that enhanced it was the fight scenes with constant camera movements.
Eren didn't even get significant development until Season 3
Also, the Worldbuilding is not even Average (Show me any other place outside Paradis other than Liberio, Fort Salva and the refugee camp)

Fortunately, people like me are understanding more after the Abysmal Ending and realising how Overrated it actually is
removed-userAug 15, 2021 11:50 PM
Aug 16, 2021 12:16 AM

Feb 2021
Aerosmith224 said:
-Pocong- said:

You're the right
Only thing that enhanced it was the fight scenes with constant camera movements.
Also, the Worldbuilding is not even Average (Show me any other place outside Paradis other than Liberio, Fort Salva and the refugee camp)

Fortunately, people like me are understanding more after the Abysmal Ending and realising how Overrated it actually is

There are actually three things that are most important in shounen battle anime
1. World building
2. Theme
3. Power system

Compared to Made in abyss, FMAB and One piece, AOT is nothing in therms of world building. From S1 to S3 part 2, the world building of AOT has not been explored further. The development of the main characters and Levi are not that great which makes them interesting characters. That's why every season of AOT and also the characters especially Levi is overrated
Aug 16, 2021 12:23 AM
Jul 2018
-Pocong- said:
Aerosmith224 said:

You're the right

There are actually three things that are most important in shounen battle anime
1. World building
2. Theme
3. Power system

Compared to Made in abyss, FMAB and One piece, AOT is nothing in therms of world building. From S1 to S3 part 2, the world building of AOT has not been explored further. The development of the main characters and Levi are not that great which makes them interesting characters. That's why every season of AOT and also the characters especially Levi is overrated

Levi and Mikasa are just Husbando and Waifu Materials
They may have some depth but in the outside they look so Shallow
That is why I am grateful that I left the fandom before the Ending
Aug 16, 2021 2:32 AM
Nov 2020
I liked the first season and season 3 part 2. Maybe because the first season was longer or because I had lower expectations going into it but I thought it was good. If not I would have dropped it. I also think season 3 part 2 was the best season so far. I think everyone is waiting for the last season and hopefully it will end in the best way
Aug 16, 2021 6:47 PM
Mar 2021
Season 1 bored me too death, I was gonna drop AOT after slogging through those awful Female Titan forest episodes. However everything after that either ranged from good to amazing, so it was really just a problem with how poorly paced season 1 was imo.
Aug 16, 2021 9:05 PM
Apr 2019
Aerosmith224 said:
-Pocong- said:

You're the right

this man gets it! i agree these fanboys need to watch other anime/manga to experience superior stories and characters other than aot it comes under the same as demon slayer i agree
Aug 19, 2021 3:55 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Nah, I really like S1. Its got its own charm. I can understand being a bit bored by it though, but i will still give it a 9. For me, every single thing in aot is a 10 hehe

Aug 20, 2021 4:25 AM
Nov 2020
Awesome! ................
Aug 27, 2021 4:03 PM

Dec 2015
Really don't understand the lack of appreciation for S1. It was one of the most intense experience I had until S3P2. It didn't had pacing issues, like S2 with its excessive flashbacks, or plot convenience, like S3 with Hange's plan of proving the survey corps innocence. It wasn't exactly brilliant on the writing, but it was solid enough to make the experience work like it did.

As a anime only, I hope people's hate towards the ending is as unjustified as S1 hate.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

346 by GengarGrinn »»
Yesterday, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Apr 25, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.